Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
If he was gonna grow up to be just like his dad, they would've named him Gotwo. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

DBS gave a nice attempt at explaining how King Crimson works.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Artum posted:

It was cool to see Hit fighting in good spirits rather than being relentlessly dour.

Goku was right in understanding Hit is really just a dude too powerful to really have a challenge, which bores the poo poo out of him. He's basically a Goku that didn't have adventures, just won all the time to the point where all he can do with his super time stopping strength is to just kill people. But then he got a challenge and something that would push him to try and, gosh darn it, this is honestly interesting now!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Captain Quack posted:

It's a reboot, the series went stale after Saiyaman & Robin: Quest for Peace. :v:

I liked how Goten was all "I'll will fight for you dad!!!". Goku please train him, he is everything that Gohan wasn't, he actually wants to fight.

I wish we got to see him and Trunks fight more. I like seeing helicopter dad Vegita.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One thing I miss while I'm watching DBZ on DVD is that they don't have the Kyle Hebert "NEXT TIME... ON DRAGON BALL Z!" previews at the end of each episode.

The DVD has the "CAT LOVES FOOD! YE-YEAH YEAH YEAH!" bit from Yamcha, which I always thought was an Ocean Group thing that Funimation replaced with Yamcha talking more sensibly about how he'd retired from martial arts.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm sad this pretty much confirms Hit is going to get Worfed to whoever is supposed to be the main threat of the Universe Survival Arc.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pureauthor posted:

I'm sad this pretty much confirms Hit is going to get Worfed to whoever is supposed to be the main threat of the Universe Survival Arc.

Isn't this the case in every tournament arc in Dragon Ball with Master Roshin and Tien?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

No it means Goku and his new bro Hit are going to team up and fight Zeno.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

Isn't this the case in every tournament arc in Dragon Ball with Master Roshin and Tien?

no that's yamcha

first he lost to jackie chun, then tien, then kami. all in the quarter finals no less

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

where broly

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Vegeta will get chumped by New Bad Dude and then Goku and Hit will fuse and Haiku will save the day

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I kinda hope one of the universe is just the GT and movies villains just for a way for them to get easily beat and make a appearance.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Rirse posted:

I kinda hope one of the universe is just the GT and movies villains just for a way for them to get easily beat and make a appearance.

What color Super Saiyan will Turles and Broly become?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

Vegeta will get chumped by New Bad Dude and then Goku and Hit will fuse and Haiku will save the day
He'll defeat Zeno with a combo of five hits, then seven hits, and then five hits again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

What color Super Saiyan will Turles and Broly become?

Super Saiyan 4 Turles

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They should bring back Tarble.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crabtree posted:

Goku was right in understanding Hit is really just a dude too powerful to really have a challenge, which bores the poo poo out of him. He's basically a Goku that didn't have adventures, just won all the time to the point where all he can do with his super time stopping strength is to just kill people. But then he got a challenge and something that would push him to try and, gosh darn it, this is honestly interesting now!

yea that was a really genuinely good way to handle that kinda silly twist. Like, of all the people in the world who could get how Hit feels it's Goku, the guy clearly wants more than just murdering dudes in one blow, but he's literally never faced any kind of challenge for his abilities. Goku being a weird Goku idiot and hiring him just to have a good fight with one of the few dudes who could challenge him and not also probably blow the earth up in the processes was sweet in a stupid Goku way.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, Hit really needed to go up against Freezer at some point.

Now there's a challenge- kill this fucker who won't die until he's totally ashed.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Burkion posted:

You know, Hit really needed to go up against Freezer at some point.

Now there's a challenge- kill this fucker who won't die until he's totally ashed.

Or Buu.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Pollyanna posted:

where broly

Here Broly

http://teamfourstar.com/dragonball-z-abridged-movie-broly-the-legendary-super-saiyan-part-1/

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

when broly 2 tho

Darkside543
Nov 27, 2007

Did...Did the website just crash because everyone wants to see Broly?

Edit: Nevermind its back up, that was weird.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Darkside543 posted:

Did...Did the website just crash because everyone wants to see Broly?

it's up for me but, yea probably.

Caros
May 14, 2008

So what did team four star get you guys for christmas? Because they gave me these blue dragon balls.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not utterly awful, but it's not very good either. Some good jokes, lots of dead air and quite dragged out. Didn't need to be a two parter by any stretch.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah, I'm not going to rush to judgment without seeing the second part, but uhh it sorta needed some kind of finish to it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to rush to judgment without seeing the second part, but uhh it sorta needed some kind of finish to it.

Well yeah that is why there is a part two.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

So instead of being straight up The World, Hit's time skip is The World, King Crimson, AND Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap rolled in one? That's amazing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is just their way of getting revenge on people wanting Broly

You want Broly you get Broly

Slowly painfully and in excruciating detail

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The first Broly movie was long as poo poo for no reason.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rudoku posted:

yea in fairness there's a weirdly dense amount of material to work with for Broly 1. Like, part two will probably be the fight, the entire weird backstory of Broly going insane because Kakarot was a literal crybaby, the bit about his dumb sanity hat, and still probably have some room to make jokes off of random other things.

They REALLY thought Broly was some deep well of lore to set out.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
As someone who has not seen a majority of the movies, I really have to wonder what the hell the plot of this movie actually was. Was the fact that the Saiyans stole another planet actually supposed to be a twist? That's kind of what they do, guys.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Part two is out before new years by the by. So it isn't a huge wait.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rudoku posted:

True.

Yet, this is the direct "problem" an abridging is made for fixing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair outside of the little bits with Goku they haven't added anything, it's still shorter than the move unless the fight drags out even worse than the movie itself.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just hope part 2 has a reference to the Big Green dub for Brolly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2-xuUffi4

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rirse posted:

I just hope part 2 has a reference to the Big Green dub for Brolly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2-xuUffi4

holy poo poo

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

YF-23 posted:

So instead of being straight up The World, Hit's time skip is The World, King Crimson, AND Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap rolled in one? That's amazing.

And Goku beats it by grunting really loving hard.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Momomo posted:

As someone who has not seen a majority of the movies, I really have to wonder what the hell the plot of this movie actually was. Was the fact that the Saiyans stole another planet actually supposed to be a twist? That's kind of what they do, guys.

No, it's the same as in the abridged version, the twist is that the planet was about to be destroyed by a comet and Paragus' plot is to have Vegeta killed to get revenge for what his father did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

what's your power level? mine's pretty big.

• Locked thread