Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

George H.W. oval office posted:

His video about that platformer and the dev getting mad about it is good.

I remember his Braid video but I didn't know Blow responded to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

satsui no thankyou posted:

drat that guy has been on at least 1 date

I think he might not have made it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
While we're outing Comic Book Goons on the list of "famous" goons, Ian Flynn, the guy who writes Sonic and Mega Man for Archie used to be a goon until recently.

And Benito Cereno, who writes some indie titles (including The Tick) is as far as I know, still a goon, with his name as his username.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Choco1980 posted:

While we're outing Comic Book Goons on the list of "famous" goons, Ian Flynn, the guy who writes Sonic and Mega Man for Archie used to be a goon until recently.

And Benito Cereno, who writes some indie titles (including The Tick) is as far as I know, still a goon, with his name as his username.

People actually know who the two I listed are.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Quick eating a hotdog before a date and needing medical care as a result is the single funniest thing written on these forums.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Quick eating a hotdog before a date and needing medical care as a result is the single funniest thing written on these forums.

I want a transcript of the texts or call when he had to explain this and call it off.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Noted autodidactic auteur Derek Smart (the mind behind Battlecruiser 3000 AD) is a Something Awful Goon.

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010
Garry, of Garrysmod, was a Games poster. If i remember correctly the mod pretty much started here in a thread about half-life2.

You might see Pewdiepie posting every now and again.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Look! A Horse! posted:

Garry, of Garrysmod, was a Games poster. If i remember correctly the mod pretty much started here in a thread about half-life2.

He also founded and runs Facepunch, which is a clone of SA (right down to the emoticons and having its own FYAD) only minus the registration fee.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

sinking belle posted:

Noted autodidactic auteur Derek Smart (the mind behind Battlecruiser 3000 AD) is a Something Awful Goon.

He was even a mod of his own forum for awhile.

I've got the probation on my rap sheet to prove it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Guy Mann posted:

He also founded and runs Facepunch, which is a clone of SA (right down to the emoticons and having its own FYAD) only minus the registration fee.

A very big distinction. Sure, we get our banned accounts here, but they help sustain the place.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

satsui no thankyou posted:

drat that guy has been on at least 1 date

nah man he missed it to get his food pipe cut open

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

thecluckmeme posted:

The make your own music subforum or the general music subforum?

I think general, with the username babylonian. He's posted in the McElroy thread in the podcast subforum once or twice too

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah from memory he felt he (rightfully) deserved to be financially compensated and lowtax apparently disagreed.

I'm gonna guess if even some of the incoming funds from signups/upgrades was put towards content, SA would be more than just a forum people from 10 years ago still visit to talk poo poo on.

Yeah, there's definitely a possible universe where all the popular internet culture that passed through the forums ended up on the front page and GoonCon is a bigger deal than PAX.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Scudworth posted:

STOP POSTING AND FINISH THE GOON XMAS ALBUM (an excellent saga on its own)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797981&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I know you know this already, Scudworth, but for anyone else interested, the album is done!

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Caro update, he recently tried to get in touch with me and I repeatedly told him I didn't want to speak to him. Seems like he's back living in the community virtually unchanged.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

Caro update, he recently tried to get in touch with me and I repeatedly told him I didn't want to speak to him. Seems like he's back living in the community virtually unchanged.
Let him live on your couch, for comedy.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Brown Moses posted:

Are you sure it was him? Like, when you were sure he was dead? Really think about it.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

He doesn't seem to get I don't want to speak to someone who ended up getting 3 FBI agents sent to my office in the UK, especially when it seems that rather being treated for his obvious and severe mental illness it appears he's doing exactly the same poo poo he was before he went missing, except now he has torture scars he can show off.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I don't know about that Brown. You were really excited typing up wikipedia entries, staring bleary-eyed at satellite images of missiles and handing out "professional" opinions when it behooved your e-peen or whatever the gently caress it was.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

What I'm saying is that you're inextricably linked to Caro now and should give him the common courtesy reach around since your misreporting may have cost him a few extra months/years in a torture camp. But you're the expert.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Brown Moses posted:

He doesn't seem to get I don't want to speak to someone who ended up getting 3 FBI agents sent to my office in the UK, especially when it seems that rather being treated for his obvious and severe mental illness it appears he's doing exactly the same poo poo he was before he went missing, except now he has torture scars he can show off.

What possible jurisdiction do the FBI have in the UK?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

tight aspirations posted:

What possible jurisdiction do the FBI have in the UK?

They don't, but they contacted the UK police to request a visit and I thought I'd see if I could help Caro out of tortureland. Seems I knew some stuff they didn't about his last days in Turkey but I doubt it was any real help.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Glenn Quebec posted:

I don't know about that Brown. You were really excited typing up wikipedia entries, staring bleary-eyed at satellite images of missiles and handing out "professional" opinions when it behooved your e-peen or whatever the gently caress it was.

Still gets me paid by MI6 tho

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Glenn Quebec is alright by me

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Brown Moses posted:

I'm not from the UK but I'm assuming that this is cockney or yorkish or whatever slang for the dole.

Ichabod Tane has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Dec 25, 2016

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

We need the full torture experience from Caro so do SA a favor and get that account from him

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We need the full torture experience from Caro so do SA a favor and get that account from him
Unrelated, but you have probably my favorite of all my namechanges from that thread.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Unrelated, but you have probably my favorite of all my namechanges from that thread.

I remember complaining about it but it's certainly grown on me. Thanks for not changing it

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm pretty sure he's already lurking.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Brown Moses posted:

*in comical russian accent* do tell

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Brown Moses posted:

His account was unbanned, remember.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brown Moses posted:

Why Is he not getting any sort of help and also why is a literally insane probable war criminal just suddenly back in the community? The U.S. supposedly had to do something to get him released so why would they essentially just toss him back to his old lovely life or whatever?

The entire Caro saga continues to be confusing as hell

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Why would the US government do any better for him than for their own actual veterans?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Next time on Serial

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I just hope they took his passport away.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Scudworth posted:

Why would the US government do any better for him than for their own actual veterans?

They probably thought they could get some positive PR getting him out of there and then once they realized he was crazy they slammed the abort button and now he's back to the beginning. So he'll be involved in something insane within a year again at most

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Brown Moses posted:

tell him to post on the forums please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Rhyno posted:

A couple "famous" comic book writers used to be goons. Warren Ellis and Gail Simone most notably.

Who were both driven off in short order by general gooniness, Simone in particular. Ellis had his own forums (that required a real name to join, which at the time caused folks to behave) and was an early twitter adopter.

Brown Moses posted:

Is there any way to keep someone from seeing the publicly viewable forums?