Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tao's cameo is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the triumphant return of talking moving bubbles

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I love the fact Cell just still waiting on the Cell Games to start during this whole thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Momomo posted:

As someone who has not seen a majority of the movies, I really have to wonder what the hell the plot of this movie actually was. Was the fact that the Saiyans stole another planet actually supposed to be a twist? That's kind of what they do, guys.

Paragus shows up says hey I got a new planet for you. Then everyone stays on the planet for like a week looking for whoever blew up the galaxy. Then it comes out that the planet is doomed to be exploded by a comet and the goal was to leave vegeta and friends there to die.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
holy poo poo broly's voiced by weeklytubeshow

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brolly's tiny pansy voice cracked me the gently caress up.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

yeah and his yell still sounded really good

A+ casting

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like that Goku believes Pilaf to be a bigger monster than Tao or Cell.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
My favorite part about last episode was Hit's "Woah you are so deep" reaction after finding out Goku put the contract on himself just to have an all out fight with him.

I wonder how Hit will react when he finds out Goku suffered head trauma as an infant.

also on Broly Abridged

Paragus: It would be of great use to Vegeta!
King Vegeta: My son, the planet or me?
Paragus: YES

:golfclap:

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 25, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

hey. what's your power level? mine's pretty big.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

Pretty much the best part of the movie.

Part 2 is gonna be great because we are gonna see Piccolo calling out Vegeta for being a bitch.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

your hair looks like lavender but smells like strawberries

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I really liked this one

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Pollyanna posted:

your hair looks like lavender but smells like strawberries

Hail Princess Trunks!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
This is loads better than World's Strongest that's for sure

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's not utterly awful, but it's not very good either. Some good jokes, lots of dead air and quite dragged out. Didn't need to be a two parter by any stretch.

I read KaiserNeko saying that it wasn't actually meant to be a 2-parter, but they had to release something for christmas and it wouldn't be done by then, so they had to split it in two.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
never occurred to me how much toriyama's art style makes dead krillin look like a dead charlie brown in the video

https://twitter.com/teamfourstar/status/813098272000737280

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

i'm a foot and a half taller than you, but whatever

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Rhonne posted:

i'm a foot and a half taller than you, but whatever

what? i can't hear you from down there

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rudoku posted:

The first Broly movie was long as poo poo for no reason.
It's 72 minutes long.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It feels long as like 40 minutes of that is one long fight scene.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raxivace posted:

It's 72 minutes long.

Every other DBZ movie is like under an hour.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I forget is there some reason that they just don't blow up Earth right away or something and instead have the weird Planet Vegeta plan in the first place?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

I forget is there some reason that they just don't blow up Earth right away or something and instead have the weird Planet Vegeta plan in the first place?

He can't control Broly and base power Broly isn't strong enough would be my guess.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He doesn't want to rile up Broly since last time that happened, an entire galaxy got punched to death

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I laughed my rear end off at the masochist slave aliens. I already knew what was coming when the little alien offered to take the whip, but I laughed myself coarse anyway. Feel free to tell me what a tasteless sod I am.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

He can't control Broly and base power Broly isn't strong enough would be my guess.

It's...weird?

The first half of the movie has it seem like Broly is really strong but dumb, like an Unstoppable Beast.

Yet when he goes SSL, he actually seems pretty composed and smart. He realises his father is betraying him and thus kills him, but had it not been for that he would have been pretty chill just killing the Z-Warrior and "KAKAROTT! :argh: ". The only times he actively hurts Paragus is when he is trying to restrain him from having fun blowing random poo poo up, or when he betrayed him.

I think a much smarter plan would have been to drop Broly in the Moon, point at Earth and say Kakarott, remove his restraining necklace, and come back a week later to clean the mess.

It gets even weirder when all later incarnations of Broly have him actually BE an Unstoppable Beast who barely talks and is dumb enough to let go of Gohan to deflect a shard of crystal

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

ImpAtom posted:

Power levels in Dragonball make no sense and only serve to create narratively convenient, yet flashy amounts of destruction and to supply some hardcore fans with arbitrary data that they can enter into spreadsheets and argue about endlessly. Blowing up earth wouldn't be narratively convenient or interesting and thus it does not happen.

This probably isn't the official explanation, but I'll be damned if it isn't a consistent explanation for everything that ever happens in Dragonball.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

lezard_valeth posted:

It's...weird?

The first half of the movie has it seem like Broly is really strong but dumb, like an Unstoppable Beast.

Yet when he goes SSL, he actually seems pretty composed and smart. He realises his father is betraying him and thus kills him, but had it not been for that he would have been pretty chill just killing the Z-Warrior and "KAKAROTT! :argh: ". The only times he actively hurts Paragus is when he is trying to restrain him from having fun blowing random poo poo up, or when he betrayed him.

I think a much smarter plan would have been to drop Broly in the Moon, point at Earth and say Kakarott, remove his restraining necklace, and come back a week later to clean the mess.

It gets even weirder when all later incarnations of Broly have him actually BE an Unstoppable Beast who barely talks and is dumb enough to let go of Gohan to deflect a shard of crystal

I think that that Paragus wanted Earth as a new planet to rule so he didn't want to have Broly just do his thing.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Supersonic Shine posted:

I laughed my rear end off at the masochist slave aliens. I already knew what was coming when the little alien offered to take the whip, but I laughed myself coarse anyway. Feel free to tell me what a tasteless sod I am.

Don't apologize, it was funny. Not as funny as Vegeta's joy at being called king, but still funny.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That abridged was almost as great as broly, and broly is pretty darn great so that's a decent compliment

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
broly is my friend and he is strong

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

My favorite Broly story is that one game where Mr. Satan befriends him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rhonne posted:

My favorite Broly story is that one game where Mr. Satan befriends him.

Supersonic Warriors 2 did a better job with Broly than all three of his movies put together.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This was great.

I love that Paragus basically goes "yeah no let's leave Broly out of this I'm begging you"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you fools paragus wanted to conquer the earth thats why they went to space

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
why earth?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goku and Cell are best friends

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014