Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Got some good possibilities for party members in the mobile game. Also the nazi lady seems to have lost a few buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
Hello british friends, pork munch and waterlad.

I finished your last story lp a few months ago because that was a game I never got a chance to play before my wii died a couple years ago, and I ended up liking both that game and your riveting commentary so much that I decided to watch this lp for a game I never got around to playing because gently caress, the plot twist of Star Ocean 3 and the knowledge of Edge Maverick's name and these awful character design caused me to veer as far from it as possible.

Anyway, that's my two cents, so thanks for making such a bad experience so enjoyable, and god I hope you guys treat yourselves to better game again one day.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Polsy posted:

Got some good possibilities for party members in the mobile game. Also the nazi lady seems to have lost a few buttons.

I like mr potato head/big peeler

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Mundetiam posted:

Hello british friends, pork munch and waterlad.

I finished your last story lp a few months ago because that was a game I never got a chance to play before my wii died a couple years ago, and I ended up liking both that game and your riveting commentary so much that I decided to watch this lp for a game I never got around to playing because gently caress, the plot twist of Star Ocean 3 and the knowledge of Edge Maverick's name and these awful character design caused me to veer as far from it as possible.

Anyway, that's my two cents, so thanks for making such a bad experience so enjoyable, and god I hope you guys treat yourselves to better game again one day.

Thanks for watching! I'm glad people feel things other than anger when watching us sometimes!

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:
Episode 50: Moustache
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1VkjQikQO0

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

drat, pretty cold that you remember the shop guy's brother more than what happened to Sarah

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Pork Lift posted:

Thanks for watching! I'm glad people feel things other than anger when watching us sometimes!

Sometimes I feel deep, deep sadness for you guys, and wonder what could have happened in your lives that makes you want to subject yourselves to this instead of better games. It's not all anger.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I use you guys to experience games I'd never play otherwise. Of course, I ended up playing through XIII sometime later because I hate myself, but I don't think I can say the same for this game.

Also, I thought you guys already got a voice acting gig in the Last Story.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Shoeless posted:

Sometimes I feel deep, deep sadness for you guys, and wonder what could have happened in your lives that makes you want to subject yourselves to this instead of better games. It's not all anger.

Britain was built upon self-loathing.

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Pork Lift posted:

I can hear the pain in your voices as you play this game. Godspeed, you magnificent gentlemen.

edit: Also I'm pretty sure you know that "pitching tent" means getting wood in your pants Pork Lift but just in case I wanted to point it out

plaintiff fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 22, 2016

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

As someone who has played this game before, the attraction to this LP is seeing all the reactions from you two and the people in the thread who have not yet experienced SO4's B-movie level of dumb (and the game has so much more dumb to cover!).

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Happy 50th episode, thread! :toot:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
related viewing

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

coleman francis posted:

Happy 50th episode, thread! :toot:

It's been fifty episodes for sure. Nothing happy about any of them.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Finally caught up on this thread, just in time for episode 50! By the time I saw this thread initially it was already deep into updates, so I just waited until I had more free time and binged it over the last week or so. It's been... an experience, for sure. I'm glad that Wet Maverick finally got over genocide by reliving Spider-Man's Uncle Ben moment.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I stopped watching around the time we got Leg and picked it back up for Wet Maverick Destroys the World, and I don't feel like I've missed anything.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Kavak posted:

I stopped watching around the time we got Leg and picked it back up for Wet Maverick Destroys the World, and I don't feel like I've missed anything.

You missed the best dungeon in the game, man!

Edit: There are a bunch of large boulders/rocks right next to the pier in the seer's town. Meaning these large, stone docks cannot actually recieve vessels larger than a small rowboat. What the gently caress.

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 24, 2016

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Whenever you mention "pitching some tent" I keep thinking you're either going to show gratuitous nudity or you want me to fondle my junk

edit: Also if I ever do a video game based on Billy the Mountain and need a voice for Ethel, I'll know who to call

Inco fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 24, 2016

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Let's Play Star Ocean 4: Can You Deliberately Make Something Terrible for Me?

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
Prediction Razzies

I expect to see you all incorporating "pitching some tent" in your day to day media lives.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to content17, the convention on pitching your tent I assume is coming next summer.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 51: An Excessively Long Cutscene

Part 1: Rude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI1ReMRLP_U

Part 2: Me?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJDtUBfF8s

EDIT: The next video will probably be a while. The delay is pretty much my fault but Pork Lift is the one who's supposed to be doing something about it.

wateyad fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 25, 2016

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
Prediction Razzies

poo poo are we already at that bit? Fuckkkk

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
So like I said, the next video is probably going to be a while.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So Boob Elf is voiced by a lady named Jessica Strauss and I wish she was in more things.

I first heard her as Sasha in InFAMOUS and she's really good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So we're all on the same page in that she should be named Myboobria, right?

Also, Other Boob Elf murdered the poo poo out of the party to rescue them from dying.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Imagine if the first video of this cutscene had not a single connection to anything the characters, the gameplay, the game you get to play, or yourself and also was unskippable, all 17 minutes 30 seconds of it. That's one of the many sins SO5 commits.

Ain't lying when I preach SO4.

I recommend checking out the anime style portraits now that you have a bunch of characters, for next session.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Now I want to see Anguished Anime Edge Maverick face.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/zeaNOB8.webm

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 25, 2016

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Bacchus Backup is all of us.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
A galaxy of stacked elves awaits in Star Ocean 4

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
At the end of the cutscene, I kept waiting for some kind of obvious comedy bit where they realize they left Bacchus back at the other door, or at least some kind of acknowledgement that no one had fetched him, but then he just popped up behind Wet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
"Edge, stop loving caring about the 3 Billion-odd people whose deaths you directly caused. It's fate. Walk it off, you loving pussy".

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

On the same seasonal note. Her ingame model sure seems to have the boob elf standing over a boob shelf.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Truly an elite team capable of saving the galaxy.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Edge, stop loving caring about the 3 Billion-odd people whose deaths you directly caused. It's fate. Walk it off, you loving pussy".

The best part is it works. The only way anything ever sinks in for Spaceship Captain Edge Maverick is if he's actively being insulted.

The obvious solution is Edge Maverick's team need to be as insulting to him as possible.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Mega64 posted:

The best part is it works. The only way anything ever sinks in for Spaceship Captain Edge Maverick is if he's actively being insulted.

The obvious solution is Edge Maverick's team need to be as insulting to him as possible.

Quick, steal a ton of things so they all actively hate you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Except this is a badly written game, so everybody just carries on telling Edge how great he is. There was a moment where Faize started to actually have a character moment, but then it was interrupted by Reimi.

Really the entire rest of the party should be replaced by Elena repeatedly calling Edge a stripling.

• Locked thread