Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Gotta be honest, I think I figured out my biggest problem with this game. Its not fun with parties of 3 or more, unless you're friends with a ton of people who don't care about vehicles.

The few games I've joined with yall was just us sitting in menus waiting for one of us to die in a tank, which happens infrequently amongst us. That and the tank instant respawn system is loving retarded.

Went 45-2 as Cavalry the other night. The secret is to don't focus on one guy. If you miss the kill, you should just keep galloping.

Join the drat Party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Bone crew, let's ride. GT: Iscariote

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Are vehicle skins in battlepacks a new thing? That's neat.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Yesss now give us more horsie skins

The Saboteur posted:

Blind delivery war pigeons was pretty fun last night - is it wrong that I want more?

Good lord Blind Delivery is just non stop chaos and I don't think I could handle it without goons or for more than one sitting

a good attempt gone rocket:
http://i.imgur.com/7MiwzU6.gifv

lol @ this pubbie going the other way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ZzcJJxZv8

Trastion posted:

Yeah we just need more vehicles period. Last nights PS4 convoy was great. My favorite part was me & journalism swapping vehicles back and forth so i could repair his stolen tank.

:cheers:
also you did god's work on this one

http://i.imgur.com/51ZvgIB.gifvhttp://i.imgur.com/NOVhLi1.gifv

~~~

Assorted notes:

when you down a plane and both the occupants jump out :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5xpxDgfwX0
but an arty truck goon just runs both of em down

the syringe cooldown is absolutely real
http://i.imgur.com/H1rwLcF.gifv

Voltron WW1.0 still in courtship phase
http://i.imgur.com/4FbcJW5.gifv

Oh and that renegade fookker pilot.. better check whats on at 6pm :bigtran:

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Echoing whoever posted that the rag dolls should have earned BF1 GOTY. This one needed the sound with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYdcTFn0gB0

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Man you guys all play with some tiny-rear end minimaps.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Anyone up for some late night battlefielding? GT: Baconfeet

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I haven't really noticed vehicle respawn bugs until this past week, but I just joined a game that had 4 friendly and 4 enemy planes with immediate respawns for a couple maps. If I wasn't in a plane I was going wild with an AA position. It was fun, but pandemonium.

Later on another server the tank spawns refused to do anything for a whole round. It would show two ready to go and when you clicked to deploy it'd say the spawn wasn't available, despite still showing two spawns.

The first experience did get me pretty hyped for a dogfighting mode, but I hope they fix this soon.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When you unlock the level 10 class pistols, are they unlocked on every class? There's a .gif above of someone using the Kolibri on the medic class.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

RCarr posted:

When you unlock the level 10 class pistols, are they unlocked on every class? There's a .gif above of someone using the Kolibri on the medic class.

Yup. I run the kolbri at least on one of my joke builds per class.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Yup. I run the kolbri at least on one of my joke builds per class.

Awesome. I'm about to unlock the Kolibri, but I really don't enjoy playing the scout class.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

RCarr posted:

Awesome. I'm about to unlock the Kolibri, but I really don't enjoy playing the scout class.

Uhm, isn't the kolibri the medic unlock? And the Martini Hendricks or w/e the scout unlock?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

Uhm, isn't the kolibri the medic unlock? And the Martini Hendricks or w/e the scout unlock?

No, the Kolibri is the scout pistol you unlock at level 10.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

RCarr posted:

No, the Kolibri is the scout pistol you unlock at level 10.

Oh crap, I better start playing scout then.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just remember with scout, play objectives and be in a good squad since those points help level up fast.

And use the experimental, it's a great gun for being up close and capping objectives. For easy points, use the flare too on enemy fronts. If a teammate kills him you get 20 points just for spotting him with the flare.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

shut up blegum posted:

Each class unlocks a class specific primary and pistol at lvl 10. Any class can unlock the C93, No. 3 Revolver, and Kolibri at rank 10.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

sunday at work posted:

Each class unlocks a class specific primary and pistol at lvl 10. Any class can unlock the C93, No. 3 Revolver, and Kolibri at rank 10.

No, the pistols are unlocked by specific classes. There's the little class icon next to it. Assault unlocks the no. 3 revolver, support, the c93, scout, the Kolibri. Medic level 10 doesn't unlock any pistols.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
You should rock a Martini-Henry or Gewehr 95 Infantry and die with some dignity. These are the guns of a true man.

Playing with this experimental crap does a disservice to anyone who fought and died in WW1 ok

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
you're just mad that you got killed by a rifle firing pistol cartridges

they should make a super experimental weapon that fires Kolibiri cartridges and has a 1 billion round magazine

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ineffiable posted:

Just remember with scout, play objectives and be in a good squad since those points help level up fast.

And use the experimental, it's a great gun for being up close and capping objectives. For easy points, use the flare too on enemy fronts. If a teammate kills him you get 20 points just for spotting him with the flare.

Getting the experimental unlocked is the hard part...

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

Haha this new war pigeons game mode is outrageous

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I've never sniped in a BF game before this one; getting to 10 as a scout wasn't that bad. Play the objective hard, use that flare, it flies by.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Born in Bexhill posted:

You should rock a Martini-Henry or Gewehr 95 Infantry and die with some dignity. These are the guns of a true man.

Playing with this experimental crap does a disservice to anyone who fought and died in WW1 ok

thats why i only use the gewehr with a holo sight for maximum historical accuracy

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Live At Five! posted:

Anyone up for some late night battlefielding?

last night I stayed up too late playing videogames (ps4). As in, got ripped apart over, and over, and over, and over, just handing kills over, to this one dude's 16th trench fighter service star

Although the delirium of going on tilt at 4 AM can yield some remakrable things :pwn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZX2-LO-Bg

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

mellowjournalism posted:

last night I stayed up too late playing videogames (ps4). As in, got ripped apart over, and over, and over, and over, just handing kills over, to this one dude's 16th trench fighter service star

Although the delirium of going on tilt at 4 AM can yield some remakrable things :pwn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZX2-LO-Bg

Pansy.

I saw someone with 100 stars in one of the planes. Seriously.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've now played enough to know my exact route to and from each objective in conquest, always away from the flow of battle so I can cap uncontested flags. Recently played a Ballroom blitz where I got 25k points and 20 flag caps. We lost of course but one person can only do so much. Doing this has increased my SPM with support from about 650 to 850 or so.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I finally got the legendary saw tooth knife an it's actually kinda rubbish.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Yeah the hit box is werid. the legendary club is alot better.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Second game ever on the castle map, was getting plinked at by a sniper on the walls. Dove into a field gun in sheer desperation, and dropped a shell dead on him across the map with the first shot. Then cleared out a small town by shelling the poo poo out of the confused enemy team while they milled around helplessly.

I think I'm going to put more than a few hours into this. :getin:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I feel kinda bad dunking on all the people who got the game for Christmas but drat it feels good to go 53 and 13 on a lovely map like Fao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

what up, applying for the PS4 community. PSN is Anti-Lincoln help me help you make the other team ragequit

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Any xbone knew on tonight already 9 beers in and surrounded by pubbies

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Skater h8er posted:

Any xbone knew on tonight already 9 beers in and surrounded by pubbies

I'm out of town, back tomorrow.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Chemmy posted:

I'm out of town, back tomorrow.

gently caress you chem get back now and pub stomp all the Christmas kiddos it's honestly just streaks of multi kills since they bunch up non stop

red19fire
May 26, 2010

My 11 year old cousin just got battlefront for xb1, pray for him.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

red19fire posted:

My 11 year old cousin just got battlefront for xb1, pray for him.

I was actually just asking about this game since it's on sale right now. Is it that bad? For $30 it's a lot of content. Battlefield 1 is hard to beat though.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
You can always sign up for a month of EA access for 5 bucks and try it out for free. No DLC but you can test it before deciding if you want it

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I was actually just asking about this game since it's on sale right now. Is it that bad? For $30 it's a lot of content. Battlefield 1 is hard to beat though.

It's not as good as Battlefield 1, because it's super casual and doesn't have the same mechanics or terrain destruction etc. It does have the same high quality sounds and visuals, but Star Wars, so it really feels like being in the movies. I put 105 hours into the MP, and I'm both kinda burned out and a bit spoiled by this game, but I always treated it as a game you play for an hour or two in between playing other games. Definitely worth a look, just go in knowing what you getting into.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

these matches are crazy, there's no order or flow to anything and there's just dudes walking around, grouping together in random spots, getting bayonet charged out of no where multiple times... good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

:clint: