Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Can't wait to summon Satan again.

On a separate note Persona 5 looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Witcher 3 and LoU will just no go below $50 in AU. Except on PSN but then it would take me a month to download each of them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

Witcher 3 and LoU will just no go below $50 in AU. Except on PSN but then it would take me a month to download each of them.

The Last of Us is $36 on OzGameShop right now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How do I finish Everyone's Gone to the Rapture? I know where the final door is, but it won't open, and the light blob that guides me to story events doesn't seem to be appearing any more.

All the walkthroughs I can find are either an hour of video or super-detailed impossible to follow completionist guides.

e: n/m, game had been running too long and glitched out. Relaunched and it led me through it.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 26, 2016

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jimbot posted:

I wonder if Yoshitsune will still be the ultimate Persona. That multi hit ability he has was so incredibly powerful in Persona 4.

From what little late-game gameplay I've seen Yoshitsune is in and he kicks just as much rear end as he did in P3/P4

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Last of Us is $36 on OzGameShop right now.

Yeah, but they don't do free shipping anymore unless you're paying over $50 or something.

Also it's a 2014 port of a 2013 game arrgh

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

From what little late-game gameplay I've seen Yoshitsune is in and he kicks just as much rear end as he did in P3/P4

Good, because I had to cancel my Christmas Eve date with my waifu to get that loving ability on him in Persona 4.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Just got a Pro today and I'm setting it up. For those of you that have had it awhile, when did the fan issue show up (if at all)? So far, it's whisper quiet, but I am also just doing the day 1 patches and downloading stuff.

Is Sony still giving the $10 in Sonybux when you get a Pro, or was that a temporary thing?

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Morby posted:

Just got a Pro today and I'm setting it up. For those of you that have had it awhile, when did the fan issue show up (if at all)? So far, it's whisper quiet, but I am also just doing the day 1 patches and downloading stuff.

Is Sony still giving the $10 in Sonybux when you get a Pro, or was that a temporary thing?

I got $10 (that I didn't notice until today because it was only in a PSN message) on the 20th, so they were as of five days ago.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Flumpus posted:

I got $10 (that I didn't notice until today because it was only in a PSN message) on the 20th, so they were as of five days ago.

Thanks! Now I'm just getting my games back.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Morby posted:

i've had it since launch day and everytime i think i hear the fan its actually my lovely lenovo laptop i paid too much for. thing is either defective, or operated in improper conditions for cooling if it sounds as loud as it does in youtube videos.

Farali
Feb 18, 2012
Does anybody play FXIV and like it? I've been looking for something to keep me busy until Nier 2 and Persona 5 come out, and I really want to play the red mage class.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Farali posted:

Does anybody play FXIV and like it? I've been looking for something to keep me busy until Nier 2 and Persona 5 come out, and I really want to play the red mage class.

Isn't that in Summer? Nier and Persona 5 are March and April respectively.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Farali posted:

Yes and yes. If you like MMOs, you'll like it.

Real hurthling! posted:

i've had it since launch day and everytime i think i hear the fan its actually my lovely lenovo laptop i paid too much for. thing is either defective, or operated in improper conditions for cooling if it sounds as loud as it does in youtube videos.

That's kinda what I figured. By around the Super Bowl I'll try to grab a 4K TV to go along with it, but so far it's fine. I haven't had the chance to really play anything yet, though, since I'm DLing and reinstalling stuff.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Farali posted:

Red Mage isn't out until June.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Red Mage isn't out until June.

Also that's a factor. And I'm not sure how it compares to Red Mage in FFXI since I never played it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It won't be too much like it, because all RDM did in XI was get "cast Refresh or gently caress off, nobody wants your loving chainspell" yelled at them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't like mmos at all but I like ff15 so I find that comparison faulty. it's a good game. not goty or w/e but it'll last you a while and it's fun

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't like mmos at all but I like ff15 so I find that comparison faulty.

Probably because they said XIV not XV :v:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

Loved the first one and hated the second one for pretty much the exact reasons you listed.

Once i encountered the open world and side quests i abandoned it fairly quickly. Boring rote poo poo that too many games do.

I'm so over most open world stuff. It's really lazy design to just put in a big map with a bunch of side-quest icons and hope that emergent gameplay happens for the player to fill in the gaps.

Give me a tight, well produced campaign mode without all the bullshit padding and i'm happy.

Bizarre. You can easily run though Rise's campaign while ignoring the open world elements. The campaign is linear, well designed and you are totally free to just run through it like it's Uncharted if you please. It's not even really an open world - it's a series of small connected hub areas. There are optional challenge tombs which are fun and a highlight of Tomb Raider. There are a handful of 100% optional side missions. Then there are the challenges and collectibles which are just there like most games have and clearly free to ignore. I found it to be a well designed game with the added "padding" if you want more stuff to do. Totally do not get this complaint.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the meat of the game, enemy encounters, is inferior to its predecessor so all the extra crap on top doesn't mean much. encounters have fewer enemies, don't last as long, very rarely surround the player or force them to stay on the move, and lack challenge even on hard. the upgrade and crafting system break the game before its even a third over too.

all the while lara never ever stops talking in a voice fit for an ambien commercial about a story that is extremely uninteresting involving siberian byzantines who speak perfect english

the tombs are still single puzzle brain teasers instead of the point of the game and they rarely require actual gameplay skill to solve like earlier tr games instead of just sussing out which bow skill to apply on which environmental object in which order.

the game is thoroughly mediocre. its not a travesty, it is a letdown

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Any tips for someone new to The Witcher 3 and Witcher games in general?

Also what should I upgrade? What should I avoid, etc?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MZ posted:

Any tips for someone new to The Witcher 3 and Witcher games in general?

Also what should I upgrade? What should I avoid, etc?

pick a discipline to focus on. potions, magic, combat all get very strong if you go deep in their trees. there are lots of viable ways to play.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fast attack is ridiculous, especially if you stick to a Witcher school of gear (you get benefits if you wear a full set) that works with them, get those skills that increase the invulnerability period when you're dodging and rolling, build up "Quen" (the shield spell) because it can tank a hit or two and at higher levels creates shockwaves that can blow people away. I went through the entire game on the hardest difficulty and maybe used alchemy less than a dozen times so I'd say it's pretty fringe use at best.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Real hurthling! posted:

all the while lara never ever stops talking in a voice fit for an ambien commercial about a story that is extremely uninteresting involving siberian byzantines who speak perfect english

Yeah, it's bizarre how bad the voice acting is, especially the clips that play when examining treasure. You're supposed to be an archaeologist, at least pretend to be excited at making a discovery.

The only time she got appropriately worked up was when tripping balls in the Wicked Vale.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that dlc is the best part of the game and is very fun and unfortunately comes about 2 hours into its 10 hour run so everything that follows is like finishing a nice meal by licking envelopes.

Policenaut posted:

Fast attack is ridiculous, especially if you stick to a Witcher school of gear (you get benefits if you wear a full set) that works with them, get those skills that increase the invulnerability period when you're dodging and rolling, build up "Quen" (the shield spell) because it can tank a hit or two and at higher levels creates shockwaves that can blow people away. I went through the entire game on the hardest difficulty and maybe used alchemy less than a dozen times so I'd say it's pretty fringe use at best.

people report that potions builds are very op. i haven't personally done them because they involve more collecting and inventory stuff.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 26, 2016

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh God, i got a gift card and now it's up to me what game to buy, the worst thing that could have happened. I'm down to Rainbow Six Siege (the last one i played was the original, on a Nintendo-loving-64, but i loved the planning and i loved counter-strike so maybe?) or Watchdogs 2.

Or manhunt and the metal slug anthology. Or maybe Hitman? Oh god why couldn't i just have gotten socks, i need socks. TO POOP IN WHILE I'M PLAYING MGSV DAMMIT WHY ARE SO MANY THINGS ON SALE

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

Oh God, i got a gift card and now it's up to me what game to buy, the worst thing that could have happened. I'm down to Rainbow Six Siege (the last one i played was the original, on a Nintendo-loving-64, but i loved the planning and i loved counter-strike so maybe?) or Watchdogs 2.

Or manhunt and the metal slug anthology. Or maybe Hitman? Oh god why couldn't i just have gotten socks, i need socks. TO POOP IN WHILE I'M PLAYING MGSV DAMMIT WHY ARE SO MANY THINGS ON SALE

I'd recommend WD2, but only because I don't think Hitman is the right genre for me. Tons of other folks love it, though.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Morby posted:

I'd recommend WD2, but only because I don't think Hitman is the right genre for me. Tons of other folks love it, though.

Im leaning that way to because i will absolutely play the poo poo out of Watchdogs but i kind of forsee myself being outclassed and frustrated by Siege players who've had it since launch even if it's a great game

edit i just noticed there's a Hitman level in hokkaido, that poor town hasn't gotten a break since chaos theory

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 26, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Inspector Hound posted:

Im leaning that way to because i will absolutely play the poo poo out of Watchdogs but i kind of forsee myself being outclassed and frustrated by Siege players who've had it since launch even if it's a great game

edit i just noticed there's a Hitman level in hokkaido, that poor town hasn't gotten a break since chaos theory

Siege will match you against similarly experienced players. I didn't buy it until the first DLC came out and didn't have a problem. It was actually more fun before I got good, now I'm matched with impossibly good players.

Here's an 11-0 match I had at a lower rank (pretty much once in a lifetime):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BceYn4fmqS4

WD2 is really fun but you'll probably get 30 hours max out if it and you're done. Siege can easily eat up hundreds of hours if you're into it.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I've resolved to finally buy a PS4, mainly for Bloodborne (and praying that Nioh is good as well). Are there any notable holiday deals going on for the Thins? Amazon and Best Buy are both showing $250, is that pretty much going to be the standard?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Takes No Damage posted:

I've resolved to finally buy a PS4, mainly for Bloodborne (and praying that Nioh is good as well). Are there any notable holiday deals going on for the Thins? Amazon and Best Buy are both showing $250, is that pretty much going to be the standard?

If you resolved a week or two earlier, they were going for a little less than 250 through a few deals.

Edit: This NewEgg deal appears to be still valid? https://slickdeals.net/f/9568060-ps...earchBarV2Algo1

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Holy loving poo poo The Last Guardian. Wow. It is by no means a perfect game, but it did some things perfectly. And what an ending! Reading spoilers or watching a clip won't do it justice since it depends so strongly on the cumulative experience.

There are some definite faults with the AI, camera, and frame rate (the last of which is apparently a non-issue on the Pro at 1080p). Despite this, you will almost certainly come to care for Trico, especially if you have a pet. At a certain point it just felt like going on an adventure with my real life dog. It is so close to being a masterpiece that it's a shame they couldn't iron things out.

Figuring out the AI isn't that tough, you just might need to wait 5-10 seconds, pat him on the head, and not give conflicting instructions.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

After not getting any new games for the better part of the year I've done grabbed Doom, Titanfall 2 and Witcher 3 GOTY edition. I think that'll do me for a while.

Gosh titanfall is good. Getting that gauntlet trophy was a bit of a challenge though. Wasn't expecting that.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

8-bit Miniboss posted:

If you resolved a week or two earlier, they were going for a little less than 250 through a few deals.

Edit: This NewEgg deal appears to be still valid? https://slickdeals.net/f/9568060-ps...earchBarV2Algo1

Just tried it and it looks like the code is expired, thanks anyway though. Looks like they still are doing 50bux credit on AMEX cards, but I don't got one of those :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So 7 days to die is supposed to be pretty bad right? I'm kind of curious about it and that telltale bundle seems like a good deal but I've mostly heard it's a pos.

roofus619
Dec 7, 2005

Brain eating? Hmmmmm, That's pretty unusual

Sarchasm posted:

What's a good Bluetooth dongle/radio to connect a DS4 to a PC? I'd like to be able to sit about ten feet away. I realize that's asking a lot from a dongle, but I'd appreciate any recommendations.

I haven't had a chance to use it but there's this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-dualshock4-usb-wireless-adapter/5589800.p?skuId=5589800

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Some of you might have gotten an email for a free holiday theme. I got mine the day of xmas lol little earlier might have been better. Anyways apparently it's pretty poo poo but if anyone hoards themes and wants my code lmk

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Some of you might have gotten an email for a free holiday theme. I got mine the day of xmas lol little earlier might have been better. Anyways apparently it's pretty poo poo but if anyone hoards themes and wants my code lmk

Well, throw it this way! I like free themes :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Am I crazy for considering Homefront at $20 Cdn? Apparently the technical issues have been fixed, I am a total sucker for alternate history stuff and can tolerate most Far Cry style open worlds.

• Locked thread