Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Edit: it worked, got account synced, not sure what final step fixed it.

Pander fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

IIRC, aren't Android and iOS accounts completely distinct and incapable of being linked together?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

People online talk all the time about linking their ffrk save across platforms. The issue is that the wife's iPad identifies as hers so much that I can't successfully port my save over. It always defaults to hers.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Apparently it's just the in-app purchase of gems that doesn't transfer. That said, if she doesn't have an account beyond the initial dummy stages, there should be a way to forcibly overwrite hers with yours with the Manage Account feature. I've never used it myself, mind you.

Alternately, if you don't need to have it work immediately you could just emulate the game instead using something like MEmu. It's what I do for MP considering that my tablet's processor can't handle all of the fancy SB animations without some occasional slowdown (which leads to desync).

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I got it, thanks. Now to figure out how to testability the thing with her accounts again...

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Nihilarian posted:

I've gotten... 25-30k chips? Got both gold's and the conductor's tux already, well on track to getting everything.

Anything special about the tux?

It's really bad. Does that count as special?

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I cleared out the roulette rewards already! I'm guessing it doesn't reset per phase huh

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

CaptainPsyko posted:

It's really bad. Does that count as special?

It gets a bonus on Mondays since its core

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So are the OSB Fest and Valigarmanda banners both dropping before the XIV event? It looks that way on that event tracker page, but I thought the nightmare lucky draw was going to be after XIV and XIII. Trying to figure out how to balance my draws here. I really want to set up a mage team so I definitely want 1 each of the fest banner, XIV, and nightmare banner, but I don't know what to spend the last 50 mythril I've got stocked up on.

Though if the nightmare banner is actually a couple weeks away I'll have enough to pull on that twice, so I'd probably spend the other 50 on the fest banner if I didn't get anything crazy from the first pull.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

superloosegoose posted:

I cleared out the roulette rewards already! I'm guessing it doesn't reset per phase huh

how

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

By spending mythril on orbfest.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So are the OSB Fest and Valigarmanda banners both dropping before the XIV event? It looks that way on that event tracker page, but I thought the nightmare lucky draw was going to be after XIV and XIII. Trying to figure out how to balance my draws here. I really want to set up a mage team so I definitely want 1 each of the fest banner, XIV, and nightmare banner, but I don't know what to spend the last 50 mythril I've got stocked up on.

Though if the nightmare banner is actually a couple weeks away I'll have enough to pull on that twice, so I'd probably spend the other 50 on the fest banner if I didn't get anything crazy from the first pull.
Valigarmanda isn't going to show up until some time in January, so you're fine on that count.
By farming for summon orbs, which at present only drop from events and a handful of nightmare dungeons. Even with the Valigarmanda subbosses there will still only be 12 major summon orbs available on a consistent basis, so if you haven't honed up everything you want then you pretty much have to shell out now. That said I have no loving clue what to do with 100+ major earth orbs.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

CaptainPsyko posted:

By spending mythril on orbfest.

I've spent 180 stamina today without a single gold knight appearance. If I had spent 1 mythril on a refill I'd have nothing to show for it... well ya know, other than the good exp and fat stacks of gil

NGDBSS posted:

Valigarmanda isn't going to show up until some time in January, so you're fine on that count.
By farming for summon orbs, which at present only drop from events and a handful of nightmare dungeons. Even with the Valigarmanda subbosses there will still only be 12 major summon orbs available on a consistent basis, so if you haven't honed up everything you want then you pretty much have to shell out now. That said I have no loving clue what to do with 100+ major earth orbs.

I'm sitting on 54 Major Summon Orbs right now, which isn't bad since I went on a honing spree back for Neo Bahamut (totally not worth it). If I can't do Valigarfkjhhfmredfdshkja when that drops, I'll just wait on it.

Shock Trooper fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 25, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Shock Trooper posted:

I'm sitting on 54 Major Summon Orbs right now, which isn't bad since I went on a honing spree back for Neo Bahamut (totally not worth it). If I can't do Valigarfkjhhfmredfdshkja when that drops, I'll just wait on it.

Valigarmanda is a 6* summon, you can't hone it with orbs anyway. The two 5* summons we have coming up are Tiamat and Ultima Weapon. Tiamat is insanely good if you pull Alphinaud's BSB for the enwind, but in that case you don't really need to hone it because he has a self-ether command. I don't think people have really been using Ultima Weapon much in JP.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

I spent over 10 mithril, but a bunch of times I'd have 4800 chips by the end of a fight, I got lucky

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Valigarmanda is a 6* summon, you can't hone it with orbs anyway. The two 5* summons we have coming up are Tiamat and Ultima Weapon. Tiamat is insanely good if you pull Alphinaud's BSB for the enwind, but in that case you don't really need to hone it because he has a self-ether command. I don't think people have really been using Ultima Weapon much in JP.

I think their point was more that they have plenty of MSOs for making abilities to beat up Valleycharmander in the nightmare stage.

Ultima Weapon is noteworthy for being Dark, which can be a boon considering how many +Dark equipments we have. The only elements we have more boosters for are Holy and Fire, and Phoenix sucks for DPS since it's a single hit.

It's also a way for White Mage Summoners to do Dark damage, which they had lacked (though it's admittedly a pretty situational need)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 25, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Problem with Ultima Weapon is that there are virtually no Dark summoners; only real one is Seymour. Yes you can still boost it, but otherwise Bahamut is less troublesome to deal with. I'm actually on the fence of taking it to R4 (or just crafting another R3 one), I'll just see if I pull Alphinaud's BSB.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So how are you guys determining who gets an mc3 so far? I have onion knight and ramza broken above 80 and that's it. There's really nobody else at the moment that I use so much that I feel like I need them above level 80 (possibly agrias but it seems silly to have another fft character broken, other is celes because I have indomitable blade, though I don't exploit that as much as I should).

I'm sitting on 3 mc3 lodes at the moment.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Combo posted:

So how are you guys determining who gets an mc3 so far? I have onion knight and ramza broken above 80 and that's it. There's really nobody else at the moment that I use so much that I feel like I need them above level 80 (possibly agrias but it seems silly to have another fft character broken, other is celes because I have indomitable blade, though I don't exploit that as much as I should).

Do they seem like a hard carry you have a bsb/osb/ strong ssb for? Then they're probably worth breaking. At a certain point, breaking cloud, vaan, ect for their 30% weapon damage is worthwhile for the nice bonuses

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Combo posted:

If they have a BSB, they're getting an MC3. For me that's Terra, Onion Knight, Beatrix, Aerith. Luneth got an MC3 because his Fast Learner RM is good. Y'shtola got an MC3 because she has SSII. Celes got an MC3 because Celes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Combo posted:

I went for my real good damagers first. Then maybe your best healer and support. Then go for RMs. Luneth is a good choice if you want to do Cid Missions and need to level up a poo poo ton of guys but otherwise not too big of a deal.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah I only have a few bsb at this point (Maria, Locke, cloud, Zidane, Faris, and Leon).

None of those characters are completely crucial to what I'm doing really.

I figured it would be that first and RMs secondarily.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Grozz Nuy posted:

You want to use Aetherflow as little as possible because it's lower DPS than Tiamat or Valigarmanda. So, "you can just Aetherflow" isn't a good suggestion.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
In retrospect, Terra getting it was probably a bit too soon considering her BSB isn't that great beyond having multi-water damage, but I'm a FFVI fanboy. Beatrix and Onion Knight definitely deserve the MC3 they got; Beatrix has been my best holy damage/knight character by far between her BSB and Seiken Shock, and Onion Knight's BSB is great overall. The only problem with Aerith is that she's competing with Y'shtola and Minwu for A-Team Healer at the moment (and I'm definitely giving Minwu his MC3 when that's available), so I've been rotating between the three of them depending on what I need between a wall, mass healing, or mixed offense-healing.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

I mean I'm almost done as well.

I have all the main prizes and most of the major orbs and the Mythril.

I just have a handful of tier three four orbs along with the motes.

NGDBSS posted:

That said I have no loving clue what to do with 100+ major earth orbs.

Gaia's Cross?

AweStriker posted:

Golbez is a more interesting and complex character, but Exdeath goes full ham whenever he appears, which is why I like him more

I just hate Kefka circle jerks. OMG 6 was the best game ever. :fap:

Munoma fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 25, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Munoma posted:

I just hate Kefka circle jerks. OMG 6 was the best game ever. :fap:

Just remember: Every Final Fantasy is the best worst best worst Final Fantasy.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Just remember: Every Final Fantasy is the best worst best worst Final Fantasy.

For me eight was the worst, nine is my favorite.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I've broken Cloud, Luneth and Onion Knight above 80. In Cloud's case, I have his OSB and his Enwind SB; Luneth, I have his BSB, plus I wanted his Fast Learner RM; and Onion Knight I don't have any SBs for but I figured they gave me a MCIII specifically for him, so might as well. Plus even without diving him for 5* skills, he's got ridiculous stats at 99.

Haven't gotten anyone else to 80 yet. Terra and Yuna are the next closest at 74, and Bartz is at 73. Fang's at 75, but she doesn't have an MCIII yet. Vaan and Faris are sitting at 70, and I'm tempted to egg them both up just because of how dead useful their BSBs are.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Haven't gotten anyone else to 80 yet. Terra and Yuna are the next closest at 74, and Bartz is at 73. Fang's at 75, but she doesn't have an MCIII yet. Vaan and Faris are sitting at 70, and I'm tempted to egg them both up just because of how dead useful their BSBs are.

Just run two characters with your best weapons and armor as well as a good record materia and have them run the Orbfest. They'll level up quickly.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Got four from the same pull a while back, finally got around to combining the last one.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Actually, I'm using Orbfest to get Cloud to 99 and all my non-Core characters who I haven't MCII'd yet to 65.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mirthless posted:

Got four from the same pull a while back, finally got around to combining the last one.

I'm pretty sure upgrading something to +++ takes an upgrade material, not a fourth copy of it.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
Cleared the prize table. :newlol:

Still need ice though for full break.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Since Vivi has 2 RMs I really want I'm leveling him right now, along with everyone else I've broken to level 99 that isn't there yet. So Celes, Lightning, and Bartz.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Oh for gently caress's sake, Lilliputans are in this phase. So many S/Ls I'm gonna have to do because I refuse to let them attack first, but they usually do due to their speed, or I can just OSB these little bastards to kingdom come.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 26, 2016

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So I know someone said the OSB Fest banners got changed a bit compared to the JP version - which one is the hyped one now? Is it just the first banner that's really nuts now?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So I know someone said the OSB Fest banners got changed a bit compared to the JP version - which one is the hyped one now? Is it just the first banner that's really nuts now?

Banner 1's the big one - Shout, Stoneskin II and Vanille BSB. It's also very Fire-focused, if that's your thing. If you need Medicas, banner 3 has 3, and banner 5 has OK BSB along with two other sources of +ATK/MAG.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Oh god I need dark orbs so bad but fire and white are sort of meh for me. Guess I'll finally get around to creating curaja.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Banner 1's the big one - Shout, Stoneskin II and Vanille BSB. It's also very Fire-focused, if that's your thing. If you need Medicas, banner 3 has 3, and banner 5 has OK BSB along with two other sources of +ATK/MAG.

3 also have Maria's BSB which, as I understand it, is potentially absolutely insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Armitage posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake, Lilliputans are in this phase. So many S/Ls I'm gonna have to do because I refuse to let them attack first, but they usually do due to their speed, or I can just OSB these little bastards to kingdom come.

What do they do

• Locked thread