Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

14 BAR RIFF posted:

THERES BULLSHIT SIDEWAYS WET HAIL AND A LIGHTNING STORM GOING OFF OVER DANS HOUSE THE WHOLE YARD FLASHED PURPLE
Now you're getting the true Midwest experence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

How The Inch Stole Christmas

Merry Xmas to 14", Danno, ExplodingRims (:haw:) and all the AI goons who made this holiday miracle happen.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 25, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sims you need a name change now

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

JacquelineDempsey posted:

How The Inch Stole Christmas

Merry Xmas to 14", Danno, ExplodingRims (:haw:) and all the AI goons who made this holiday miracle happen.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Sims you need a name change now

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH DICK voted best rimjob of 2016

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

First I new someone to make an avatar sized gif of this dummy backflipping after a tire to the face:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2exMOT0-9M

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

ExplodingSims posted:

A CHRISTMAS CONSPIRACY HAS BEEN HATCHED

Aaawwww yeah, we did it?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The second clip in this video has better quality I think...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVxd08LsBU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

ExplodingSims posted:

First I new someone to make an avatar sized gif of this dummy backflipping after a tire to the face:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ragdoll, flippin' in a movie
Hot drat, think I made a poopie

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

JacquelineDempsey posted:

ExplodingRims (:haw:)

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Ragdoll, flippin' in a movie
Hot drat, think I made a poopie

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I don't think 14 weighs 215 lbs though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I don't think 14 weighs 215 lbs though.

You callin me a dummy? :clint:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Please tell me that wasn't the standard inflation procedure for splits once upon a time.

underlig
Sep 13, 2007

Fermented Tinal posted:

Please tell me that wasn't the standard inflation procedure for splits once upon a time.
Of course not, he wasn't smoking a Marlboro

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

We've come a long way. Now we have safety cages!

See, cage is still in one piece.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powershift posted:

We've come a long way. Now we have safety cages!

See, cage is still in one piece.

Love the hard hat doing a legit Looney Tunes.

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

also the head

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

TBF that one's slightly unrealistic, since it's a brand new undamaged 22.5 hooked up directly to a compressor with no regulator or governor of any sort, and aired up to failure (which happens at 3-400 PSI IIRC).

Man_of_Teflon posted:

also the head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpOCcKUaUzU&t=252s

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

TBF that one's slightly unrealistic, since it's a brand new undamaged 22.5 hooked up directly to a compressor with no regulator or governor of any sort, and aired up to failure (which happens at 3-400 PSI IIRC).

3 psi - 400 psi. Such is life.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

thanks for reminding me im not the most pedantic shitlord on this dead gay forum :)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I don't know if this is AV-sized. I have no idea what the actual size limit is. I tried to keep it under 200k.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

thanks for reminding me im not the most pedantic shitlord on this dead gay forum :)

Sorry (kinda). I'm a technical writer, and such things render unto me (in random order): chills, death, and lawsuits.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Otteration posted:

3 psi - 400 psi. Such is life.

"Warning : Subject to failure"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Otteration posted:

Sorry (kinda). I'm a technical writer, and such things render unto me (in random order): chills, death, and lawsuits.

What up, tech writer broseph. :monocle::respek::eng101:

use an en dash between numbers when expressing a range, not a hyphen

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 26, 2016

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Otteration posted:

render unto me (in random order): chills, death, and lawsuits.

basically the low end of the 14 inch menu

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

What up, tech writer broseph. :monocle::respek::eng101:

use an en dash between numbers when expressing a range, not a hyphen

How do you even get an en dash? I'm pretty sure it's not even got an HID keyboard code to send it; I made a custom layout for a programmable keyboard controller for the IBM 6112884 in the flashlight photo in Immortan 14"'s thread and I don't recall being able to assign keys to different types of dash; do you have to use AllChars or AutoHotkey or something?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I don't know if this is AV-sized. I have no idea what the actual size limit is. I tried to keep it under 200k.

100k. Its....difficult.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Trupdate

https://youtu.be/iWL42Ysmb40

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Just get another jeep and let nature take its course?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Red_October_7000 posted:

How do you even get an en dash? I'm pretty sure it's not even got an HID keyboard code to send it; I made a custom layout for a programmable keyboard controller for the IBM 6112884 in the flashlight photo in Immortan 14"'s thread and I don't recall being able to assign keys to different types of dash; do you have to use AllChars or AutoHotkey or something?

On windows? Hold alt, type 0150 on the numpad (0151 for an em-dash). On a Mac it's alt-dash, or alt-shift-dash for an em-dash.

Alternatively, google "en-dash" and copy one from the wikipedia article.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Computer viking posted:

On windows? Hold alt, type 0150 on the numpad (0151 for an em-dash). On a Mac it's alt-dash, or alt-shift-dash for an em-dash.

Alternatively, google "en-dash" and copy one from the wikipedia article.

On a lot of the programs I've used auto-correct two hyphens together into an en-dash.

This forum -- doesn't do it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You need some fire. Lots of fire.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
some serious low temp ice melt chemicals or a drum of kerosene.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That would be throwing away the perfect natural mechanics crawler that the world has just given you.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bash it with a rock and try cussing at it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Red_October_7000 posted:

From wikipedia:

quote:

pre:
    For Macs: ⌥ Opt+- (en dash) or ⌥ Opt+⇧ Shift+- (em dash)
    For Linux:
        use AltGr- (en dash, '–'), or AltGr⇧ Shift- (em dash, '—')
        if you have Compose key: Compose--. (en dash) or Compose--- (em dash)
    For Windows:
        Alt+0150 (en dash) or Alt+0151 (em dash), using the number pad 
        In Microsoft Office applications: Ctrl+- (en dash) and Ctrl+Alt+- (em dash), using the minus key from the key pad.
    For iPhones and iPads or Android devices: hold the - on screen keyboard until a pop up appears with choices including the en dash and em dash. 
If using an external keyboard use the Mac advice above.

Alternatively, copy and paste an en dash (–) or an em dash (—) as required.
    Or, use the CharInsert edit tool.

In a post window on SA, using a normal keyboard and Windows, I can type leftAlt + 0150 and get an en dash.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 27, 2016

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So, I guess we're on the last great hurdle here, figuring out how to route the throttle cable.

Right now the biggest problem is figuring out how setup the pedal. We have the cable from the van, but the the way the truck pedal works is different, plus it appears that someone broke the end of it off too. That, and that it doesn't really bolt to anything, so even with the cable, it'd still be kinda floating.

So anyone have any suggestions?

And no, wise rear end, hand throttle isn't something we're gonna do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Can you use the pedal from the van? No idea if that would work, just throwing it out.
Other than that, maybe mounting some kind of rod for it to pivot on? Heck, toss a dowel rod under it. (again, just spitballing)

• Locked thread