Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
This christmas banner is garbage, if you dont want to pull anymore on Noctis, just save them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Hardbody posted:

This christmas banner is garbage, if you dont want to pull anymore on Noctis, just save them.

gently caress that, burn tickets all day erryday.

Also, I'm insane :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fenrir posted:

gently caress that, burn tickets all day erryday.

Also, I'm insane :v:

After seeing your noctis personally, yes I agree. You are insane.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

After seeing your noctis personally, yes I agree. You are insane.

I'm not even the biggest boy on this block, you should see some of the goons on the doc (add the goons on the doc.)

btw, everyone should be using the doc

Also, more people should join the discord

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I can't wait to enhance Hero's Rime to support all my beefy friend units.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fenrir,

Twice your noctis has eaten it on the first round of ELT Froster. Just bad luck I suppose. The ifrit makes him vulnerable to his blizzagas.

Still packs a whollop though.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

This game is breaking me. Ive spent about 50 pulls on the Noctis banner for a slim chance at him but more realistically some more Chizuru to help with the TM grind. Last pull of my tickets and I get a raindow drop.

And it's another loving Roselia. This is the second time I've been rainbow trolled by Roselia. gently caress Roselia.

Oh and zero Chizzes. All I've gotten from the banner units is one Mercedes and an army of Charlottes.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

It should just be one really trustworthy Charlotte because who else would want to use H Shields.

Also I blew 7/9 of my crimbo tickets on the Noctis banner with just a 4* Rosa to show for it halp

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

m.hache posted:

Fenrir,

Twice your noctis has eaten it on the first round of ELT Froster. Just bad luck I suppose. The ifrit makes him vulnerable to his blizzagas.

I've never had his noctis fall below half, take better care of your friends m.hache c'mon.

I cast omniveil and then throw up barblizzara if my fullbreak didn't hit MAG and I rarely have issues with even my own scrubs dying round 1. If I had Focus I'd be even better off.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
This event is yet another where CoD is amazing. Anyone dying should be using her. Omniveil is good enough for surviving any of the attacks Frosty makes.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

30ish tickets on Noctis banner, and daily pulls.

No Mercedes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, there's this guy on the Facebook page that insists:

some guy on Facebook posted:

Iisten kids

Any unit that has even half decent attack with both "draw attacks" and eye for an eye is an arena god.

Cecil and golem ready units will usally soak uo that damage covering , and the mechanic that governs the counter probability is based on attacks executed at that units position. If cecil is covering then expect multiple counter attacks.

No, 1 attack for 300 or so damage by iself isnt doing anything.

When your 6* attacker is countering 4+ times a turn, which speaking as an avid snow+thorned mace user that happens enough that i don't lose in the arena, noctus isn't the only unit you shoukd fear.

In fact you'll find flasks practically no longet exist. Which normally can make your gaurenteed win turn into a quick loss instantly.

Try actually messing with him before you write him off. Unless you have snow. Then go ahead with the ignoring thing

Edit: I'm too tired to fix what my auto correct thinks is proper English. Ignore the spelling sorry

I can't test this right now because I haven't maxed out Medius yet. Is this true, is this a viable strategy or elaborate troll?

I mean, Cerius is situationally very useful, she does better/about as good of a job keeping my team protected and alive in this event as a Cloud of Darkness (albeit with way lower offensive capabilities) but does Medius have his little situational niche as well?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I can't test this right now because I haven't maxed out Medius yet. Is this true, is this a viable strategy or elaborate troll?

I mean, my D.Rain regularly counterattacks 3x times for 600-999 damage. Once he has a 2nd bracer and Maneater, yeah, it will be pretty cool.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 26, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Since they just announced Zolodad part one, does that mean we're probably getting either Dark Fina or Orlandu next then? Unless they give us some global exclusive new years stuff.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

m.hache posted:

Fenrir,

do you have a strong mage? Fenrir's noctis and my Exdeath can pretty much take frostor to half health and kill all of the boxes on turn 1, effectively skipping the elemental spam and going into charging. Not even chaining firaga, just dual meteor and fire flask.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I mean, Cerius is situationally very useful, she does better/about as good of a job keeping my team protected and alive in this event as a Cloud of Darkness (albeit with way lower offensive capabilities) but does Medius have his little situational niche as well?

Medius doesnt have eye for an eye or any kind of counter, I think hes just talking about snow? I used a 6* medius for 2 days, mainly just as a troll/bait in arena. My team is pretty stacked so it doesn't really matter. Medius is pretty pathetic and none of his 6* skills were useful. I ended up just using Auto Bowgun for chaining purposes. On that note Blazing Glory should really be AoE for its mana cost. Maybe they didnt want it to be too similar to Gilgamesh's divider, but it's really bad.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Story continues after maintenance on Wednesday. Which means something will break and it will take Gumi all day to fix.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Tipme posted:

I used a 6* medius for 2 days, mainly just as a troll/bait in arena.

I actually saw and fight you when you had Medius up. I don't remember him doing anything of note.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there a way to get noctis I'm missing? Or beast meat? I need hundreds of it...

I at least got Mercedes 4*

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 26, 2016

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there a way to get noctis I'm missing? Or beast meat? I need hundreds of it...

You can buy beast meat for 20 gold from material shops in various towns.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Just got the 10 mini burst pots from the individual rewards, but I plan to hold on to them. On 1/9 we will get our group rewards and that will include two normal burst pots. One of the big ones should take my leveling Cecil up to limit rank 15 and then I can awaken him to 5 stars for the next grind.

Managing all this is a goddamn pain in the rear end, but worth it in the long run... :argh:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Part of me feels the individual rewards for this raid are there to make us buy more unit slots.

Sure, I can free up space for 10 cactuars, but 20? 30? Yikes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

Part of me feels the individual rewards for this raid are there to make us buy more unit slots.

Sure, I can free up space for 10 cactuars, but 20? 30? Yikes.

*A man in the gumi offices grins and nods*

Using your storymode crystals for more character slots is never a bad idea. Its a better idea than wasting it on a roll with the usual suspects. Plus whenever the dunes return, you'll be ready to horde them for when a new character comes out that you want

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Right now my game is stuck on "Connecting" endlessly after I click past the initial screen.

I've tried connecting on both my phone and Memu and it does the same thing on both platforms. I tried restoring the app data, rebooting my phone and computer and its still happening. Not sure what to do from here. Anyone else experiencing this?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nuebot posted:

Since they just announced Zolodad part one, does that mean we're probably getting either Dark Fina or Orlandu next then? Unless they give us some global exclusive new years stuff.

According to the schedule we should have Dark Fina next from 1/6 to 1/13, then see Orlandu 1/14 to 1/21. Something from 1/21-1/28. Starting on 1/28 I'm guessing we'll have a special Chinese New Year event, that's my speculation based on the Taiwanese/Singaporean/Chinese(?) interest in the game.

It's possible they insert something between Dark Fina and Orlandu. If I was in their shoes, I'd honestly wait until after CNY to do Orlandu so people could spend their red envelope on it(basically think of it like announcing something amazing the week before Christmas when everyone has to buy presents but doesn't have any holiday money yet).

I'm not saying they will do this, but we have quite a few skipped events they could shoe in alongside Global exclusive upgrades to buy time so I could definitely see them stalling for two weeks in the middle of January with a back to back Type-0 event with Ace (6), Jack (5), Seven (5), Trey (5) one week and Queen (6), Nine (6), Cinque (5), Eight (5) the next.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So how exactly am i supposed to beat frosty? They take almost no damage from my 4 star duders...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So how exactly am i supposed to beat frosty? They take almost no damage from my 4 star duders...

With powerful friends :v:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

With powerful friends :v:

i've got only 2 friends who advertise their 6 star dual katana dude, whoever the gently caress that is...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

i've got only 2 friends who advertise their 6 star dual katana dude, whoever the gently caress that is...

I would recommend you not worry about the event and try to get those 4* dudes up to 6* or at least 5*.

Maybe post your roster so we can give you an idea of who to use.

I saw you asking how to get Noctis before; answer: it's totally random who you end up pulling, units are weighted by star value so you'll pull a 3* more often than you'll pull a 5* but within those bases there's still a whole lot of range on who you could pull.

Also use the googledoc posted to add some friend here, or post your friend code so people can add you.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Just got the 10 mini burst pots from the individual rewards, but I plan to hold on to them. On 1/9 we will get our group rewards and that will include two normal burst pots. One of the big ones should take my leveling Cecil up to limit rank 15 and then I can awaken him to 5 stars for the next grind.

Managing all this is a goddamn pain in the rear end, but worth it in the long run... :argh:

I hosed up and used spirit and HP pots on the Cecil I'm not using LB pots on. Felt totally idiotic.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

HGH posted:

I hosed up and used spirit and HP pots on the Cecil I'm not using LB pots on. Felt totally idiotic.

I did the same and don't feel bad at all. I'm getting the most out of a maxed out Cecil now and I have one doing the limit burst grind who will someday rotate in when he gets his LB past the 5 star max. HP and spirit pots are plentiful if you grind the arena regularly and it's not hard to max out a characters expandable stats.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The only thing us F2P non-macro types can do for this is focus on casters that can use Fira, Firaga, etc
https://exviuswiki.com/Fira https://exviuswiki.com/Firaga

I got lucky getting ExDeath, several Arc, Kefka, luckier getting a Noctis, so I can reliably do PRO Frosty in two turns many times, with ELT Frosty being too risky unless I have the greatest most powerful companion character for company. Many find they have to settle for the ADV version of the event.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

spend lots of money on lapis and roll! or get lucky with a single pull

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

According to the schedule we should have Dark Fina next from 1/6 to 1/13, then see Orlandu 1/14 to 1/21. Something from 1/21-1/28. Starting on 1/28 I'm guessing we'll have a special Chinese New Year event, that's my speculation based on the Taiwanese/Singaporean/Chinese(?) interest in the game.

It's possible they insert something between Dark Fina and Orlandu. If I was in their shoes, I'd honestly wait until after CNY to do Orlandu so people could spend their red envelope on it(basically think of it like announcing something amazing the week before Christmas when everyone has to buy presents but doesn't have any holiday money yet).

I'm not saying they will do this, but we have quite a few skipped events they could shoe in alongside Global exclusive upgrades to buy time so I could definitely see them stalling for two weeks in the middle of January with a back to back Type-0 event with Ace (6), Jack (5), Seven (5), Trey (5) one week and Queen (6), Nine (6), Cinque (5), Eight (5) the next.

They should do a greatest hits version of a banner for the lunar new year given that it is the auspicious rooster/chocobo year. If they do orlandu and dark fina and they already have refia and noctis then you just need to get WoL to 6* between those banners to have a roster of best in class characters. Orlandu is the best physical attacker, Dark Fina is the best magician, Refia is one of the best healers outside of limited units, WoL is the best tank and noctis is the best jack of all trades.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Can I get some team advice? Am I lacking anything here? Outside of my luneth / refia I feel like I'm really struggling to kill stuff and I don't know if it's due to gear or units.

I have an exdeath and a bartz too as 6* capable dudes if they will be a better fit on my squad.

I'd love some stacked friend units to be able to get the thorned mace if anyone has any spots. 059 594 219

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Can I get some team advice? Am I lacking anything here? Outside of my luneth / refia I feel like I'm really struggling to kill stuff and I don't know if it's due to gear or units.

I have an exdeath and a bartz too as 6* capable dudes if they will be a better fit on my squad.

I'd love some stacked friend units to be able to get the thorned mace if anyone has any spots. 059 594 219

Hope you have Zidanes for Dual Wield. You could probably swap out Chizuru for Exdeath if you need AoE cleat, otherwise it's a pretty decent team.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Level your units up. I see Cheez is still 5* and not maxed, and well the only maxed one is Luneth. You should work on that.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cat Pilot posted:

Level your units up. I see Cheez is still 5* and not maxed, and well the only maxed one is Luneth. You should work on that.

This right here. Units are so much better at max level. This should be a solid team even with no TMs.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got the Viking Axe today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Got the Viking Axe today!

Nice, I pulled a 2nd Mercedes off banner, on my daily so I'm grinding two of them up now. Wish she could use great swords because I'd rather give her an excalibur instead but oh well. I was a TM machine this weekend finishing Sakurafubuki #2, Equip H Shield, and Maxwell's TM. Currently cooking is Dual Wield #3, 2 Viking Axes, Bracer and Black Cowl.

Life has been much better since I started spending Lapis to knock out TMs faster rather than gambling on 11-pulls.

• Locked thread