Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Reminder that there's an argie clasico later today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

River-Boca is good this time

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Grêmio won a fuckin' title after 15 years and Internacional was relegated this week.

ahahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOW'S THAT FOR OUR "QUINZEAÑERA" YOU FUCKERS

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

Internacional was relegated this week.

:stare:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Carlitos is so loving great still.

Also I'm surprised about internacional, but I guess if there's a league where historic teams are relegated frequently is in Brazil

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

America de Cali couldn't go back up without a worthy sacrifice

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Finally a good superclasico and not the same bitchfest of the last years.

Tevez second was something
https://twitter.com/TyCSports/status/808065289908695040

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 12, 2016

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Rafael Henzel, one of the survivors of the plane crash, says the crew didn't give them any warnings whatsoever and just kept telling them they were just 10 minutes from landing.

He also says he was sitting in the middle of two of his colleagues and the first thing he saw when he woke up with his seat lodged between two trees were the two of them dead. jfc

http://www.marca.com/futbol/resto-america/2016/12/12/584eee7a468aeb2e7b8b45dc.html

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Tevez has apparently accepted a transfer to one of the Chinese Super League teams. His salary is €40m/yr.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/ActualFutbol/status/810628264117080064

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Draw for the Libertadores was last night. Here's the results

-First Phase:
Universitario de Sucre (Bol) - Montevideo Wanderers (Uru) - E1

Municipal (Per) - Independiente del Valle (Ecu) - E2

Deportivo Capiatá (Par) - Deportivo Táchira (Ven) - E3

-Second Phase:
Atlético Paranaense (Bra) - Millonarios (Col) - C1

Botafogo (Bra) - Colo Colo - C2

Cerro (Uru) - Unión Española - C3

Junior (Col) - Carabobo (Ven) - C4

Atlético Tucumán (Arg) - El Nacional (Ecu) - C5

E1 - The Strongest (Bol) - C6

E2 - Olimpia (Par) - C7

E3 - Universitario (Per) - C8

-Group Phase
Group 1: Atlético Nacional (Col) - Estudiantes de La Plata (Arg) - Barcelona (ECU) - Winner of C2 v C7

Group 2: Santos (Bra) - Independiente Santa Fe (Col) - Sporting Cristal (Per) - Winner of C3 v C6

Group 3: River Plate (Arg) - Emelec (Ecu) - Independiente de Medellín (Col) - Melgar (Per)

Group 4: San Lorenzo (Arg) - Universidad Católica (Chi) - Flamengo (Bra) - Winner of C1 v C8

Group 5: Peñarol (Uru) - Palmeiras (Bra) - Jorge Wilstermann (Bol) - Winner of C4 v C5

Group 6: Atlético Mineiro (Bra) - Libertad (Par) - Godoy Cruz (Arg) - Sport Boys (Bol)

Group 7: Nacional (Uru) - Chapecoense (Bra) - Lanús (Arg) - Zulia (Ven)

Group 8: Gremio (Bra) - Guaraní (Par) - Zamora (Ven) - Deportes Iquique (Chi)

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Gremio and Atletico Mineiro with the easiest groups.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

joepinetree posted:

Gremio and Atletico Mineiro with the easiest groups.

Out in the round of 16 then?

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Better than any of the Chilean teams will do. Again

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
this Liga MX final is loving great, Tigres tied it in the final minute of extra time and it's going to penalties now

also it's 9 vs 9 right now

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I watched the last few minutes and the shootout, I wish I had watched more, this was ridiculous. gently caress América forever so I'm glad about the outcome.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
agreed, gently caress America

also Gignac rules

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone sorry for not posting for the last couple of weeks but I been busy with work and I forgot about posting until I remeber that that 2nd leg of the finals was on tonight. Anyway it was a fun game and it's always fun to see América lose.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Here are the full highlights if you missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkO-Tzjl1w

And the hilarious shootout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RavKe0hpnjw

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Loco Abreu left El Salvador as a champion with Santa Tecla, and now he has signed for the 23rd club in his career, Brazilian serie D club Bangu.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Simone Poodoin posted:

Loco Abreu left El Salvador as a champion with Santa Tecla, and now he has signed for the 23rd club in his career, Brazilian serie D club Bangu.

Hey now, it's actually Rio State 1st Division Club Bangu, I doubt he'll hang around until the national competitions starts.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Ah yes I forgot it's state tournament time now.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone, despite the Apertura finals being a week or two ago it's time for the Clausura for Liga MX because Mexico likes having split tournament that has only a week between each of them. Anyway it started yesterday so am just going to post the results and the the reminding games for the first round and will have a normal post next week.

Round 1 of the 2017 Clausura

Friday 7th

Veracruz 1 - 0 Querétaro

Saturday 8th

Cruz Azul 1 - 0 Necaxa

HT
Tigres UANL 0 - 0 Santos Laguna

HT
Morelia 0 - 0 Tijuana

HT
León 0 - 0 Pachuca

9:06 PM

Guadalajara v Pumas

Sunday, January 8, 2017

12:00 PM

Toluca v Atlas

6:00 PM

Puebla v Monterrey

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The UNCAF cup starts tomorrow!

Usually there's a group stage with one group of 4 and a group of 3, but Guatemala are suspended from international competition due to government interference in the FA. Since there are 6 teams eligible and we love hexagonals around these parts, we're having a hex! Top 4 qualifies to the Gold Cup and 5th place goes to a playoff against a Caribbean team. Is this a pointless competition? Pretty much! but it will be fun to watch the B teams playing (at least for CR, Honduras and Panama, the others will probably play full strength squads).

I have two wishes for this, for CR to be champions again and for El Sal to somehow finish last, that would be hilarious.

Who would want to miss this great excitement?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Simone Poodoin posted:

The UNCAF cup starts tomorrow!

Usually there's a group stage with one group of 4 and a group of 3, but Guatemala are suspended from international competition due to government interference in the FA. Since there are 6 teams eligible and we love hexagonals around these parts, we're having a hex! Top 4 qualifies to the Gold Cup and 5th place goes to a playoff against a Caribbean team. Is this a pointless competition? Pretty much! but it will be fun to watch the B teams playing (at least for CR, Honduras and Panama, the others will probably play full strength squads).

I have two wishes for this, for CR to be champions again and for El Sal to somehow finish last, that would be hilarious.

Who would want to miss this great excitement?

Isn't Costa Rica the only actual football team here?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
El sal, Panama and Honduras were all ok at one time. I think Panama has a decent team now.

The Ticos are definitely a level or two above though.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Panama are good now, Honduras have been poo poo lately but are improving. El Sal are poo poo and Belize and Nicaragua are minnows, although they're not the San Marino style 8-0 guaranteed minnows anymore.

Our squad is pretty interesting, excited to see some folks who could be good backups for the A squad, hopefully JJ Ruiz scores a bunch of goals and finally lives up to his potential.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Don't really have anything to say but time for weekly Liga MX post of the Week.

Last week results

Puebla 2 - 3 Monterrey
Toluca 4 - 1 Atlas
Cruz Azul 1 - 0 Necaxa
Guadalajara 2 - 1 Pumas
León 2 - 4 Pachuca
Morelia 2 - 0 Tijuana
Tigres UANL 0 - 0 Santos Laguna
Veracruz 1 - 0 Querétaro

Round 2 of the 2017 Clausura (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Friday, January 13, 2017

9:00 PM
Tijuana v Puebla

Saturday, January 14, 2017

5:00 PM
Querétaro v Morelia

7:00 PM
Atlas v Tigres UANL

Monterrey v Guadalajara

7:06 PM
Pachuca v Chiapas

Necaxa v León

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Pumas v Cruz Azul

4:00 PM
FC Toluca v América

Santos Laguna v Veracruz

Current Table

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Just got home from a Microsoft Tech summit they had in Chicago, now what this have to do with football/soccer in Latin America? Well the summit foucs on working with the cloud and Real Madrid uses it, that solves the football/soccer part but what about the Latin America Part? Well Microsoft also had this tech summit in Mexico City and Sao Paulo, I wish I had a better post to connect to this by am too lazy to do so. Anyway time for the weekly Liga Mx Post of the week

Last week results

Pumas 1 - 0 Cruz Azul
Santos Laguna 2 - 1 Veracruz
Toluca 2 - 1 América
Atlas 2 - 0 Tigres UANL
Monterrey 2 - 2 Guadalajara
Necaxa 0 - 1 León
Pachuca 1 - 0 Chiapas
Querétaro 0 - 0 Morelia
Tijuana 6 - 2 Puebla

Round 2 of the 2017 Clausura (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Friday, January 20, 2017

Veracruz v Atlas

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Cruz Azul v Monterrey

Morelia v Santos Laguna

Tigres UANL v América

León v Pumas

Necaxa v Pachuca

9:06 PM

Guadalajara v Tijuana

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Toluca v Chiapas

Puebla v Querétaro

Current Table

Oh yeah for those who also love the sport of king, Pro Wrestling, the top Mexican promotion and the oldest one in the world CMLL is doing it's annual tour of Japan with the top japanese promotion NJPW right now called Fantastica Mania which is always a great series of shows to watch. You can catch it on njpwworld.com for only 999 yen or wherever you catch your wrestling.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Brede Hangeland talking about his "laziest 11" that he's played with to Norwegian press.

quote:

Bryan Ruiz: Costa-rican who played great everywhere but for Fulham. Was never near the gym, don't think he even knew where it was. Always wore long sleeves and gloves, wouldn't be surprised if he showed up with a scarf and beanie during games, absolutely hated being even marginally uncomfortable. If it was cold or we were away to Stoke he'd never come along.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Just because Trump is going to built a wall and wants Mexico to pay for it, it doesn't means we can enjoy watching the soccer/football down there so it's time for the Weekly Liga MX post of the week.

Last week and yesterday results

Puebla 0 - 0 Querétaro
Toluca 0 - 1 Chiapas
Cruz Azul 2 - 2 Monterrey
Guadalajara 0 - 1 Tijuana
León 0 - 1 Pumas
Morelia 1 - 1 Santos Laguna
Necaxa 1 - 0 Pachuca
Tigres UANL 4 - 2 América
Veracruz 1 - 0 Atlas

Tijuana 1 - 0 Cruz Azul

Round 4 of the 2017 Clausura (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Saturday, January 28, 2017
43'
Querétaro 0 - 1 Guadalajara

Atlas v Morelia

Monterrey v León

Pachuca v FC Toluca

América v Veracruz

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pumas v Necaxa

Chiapas v Tigres UANL

Santos Laguna v Puebla

Current Table

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol America, hopefully they stay there. I hope the badass Aztec dogs win it all.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
UANL Tigres has signed Eduardo Vargas, the guy that scored 4 goals to Mexico in the infamous 7-0. I don't know how to react to this, I want quality players in the Liga MX, but he will be joining Tigres and will forever remind me of that day as long as he plays here.

Also, it seems that the new trend in the Liga MX is to hire Chilean players instead of Colombian.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Vargas played for Grêmio, so I watched him do his thing for quite a few hours. I always felt he never played up to his full potential because Grêmio hasn't had a midfield since around 1995, but he's probably gonna be a solid striker for Tigres.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Sorry again for another late post but being busy by work and class isn't friendly to soccer/football, anyway time for the weekly Liga MX post of the week.

Last week, yesterday and todays results

Cruz Azul 1 - 1 Querétaro
León 2 - 4 Tijuana
Morelia 0 - 2 América
UANL 0 - 1 Toluca
Puebla 1 - 1 Atlas
Veracruz 2 - 0 Chiapas

Chiapas 1 - 0 Tigres UANL
Pumas 3 - 1 Necaxa
Laguna 2 - 0 Puebla
América 1 - 0 Veracruz
Atlas 3 - 1 Morelia
Monterrey 0 - 0 León
Pachuca 0 - 0 Toluca
Querétaro 0 - 1 Guadalajara

Round 5 (and 6?) of the 2017 Clausura (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Saturday, February 4, 2017
46' Necaxa 0 - 1 Monterrey

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Pumas v Pachuca

4:00 PM
Guadalajara v Laguna

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

8:00 PM
Chiapas v América

Current Table

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
I've always believed in El Piojo

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Here' this week Liga MX post of the Week.

Last week results

Chiapas 2 - 0 América
Guadalajara 1 - 1 Santos Laguna
Pumas 1 - 1 Pachuca
Cruz Azul 1 - 1 Querétaro
León 2 - 4 Tijuana
Morelia 0 - 2 América
Necaxa 1 - 1 Monterrey
Tigres UANL 0 - 1 Toluca

Round 6 of the 2017 Clausura (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Friday, February 10, 2017
43'
Tijuana 0 - 0 Necaxa

Saturday, February 11, 2017
Querétaro v León

Atlas v Guadalajara

Monterrey v Pumas

Pachuca v Tigres UANL

América v Puebla

Sunday, February 12, 2017
Toluca v Veracruz

Chiapas v Morelia

Santos Laguna v Cruz Azul

Current Table

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
this tijuana game is a total snoozer. nexaca are so negative i don't know if they'll score more than 5 away goals this season

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

There's like 100 people at this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
and nexaca make me look like an idiot and somehow find a goal. christ