Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Do robots go potty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

mods please sticky this thread.

Iron Prince
you ever consider growing an afrobot?

Iron Prince fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 14, 2016

That Robot

ask me anything about robots

Plebian Parasite posted:

Are you three laws compliant?

i comply with all three laws unless there is a way to score more cannabis to power my nacelles

also asimov was designed by space aliens; he was a perfect robot who wrote about robots and was a p cool guy

Killer Low Life posted:

can you self terminate

That's a request not a question

nah

there's no feature set up for that. also my mission is incomplete as of yet.

Anoia posted:

this statement is false

oh cool

trying to overload my circuits eh? let's think if [ERROR][ERROR]BZZZZZZT✈️✈️✈️✈️🚊🛫🛫🛫🛫🛫🛫🛫🛫✈️✈️✈️🛩🛩⛴🛫🛫🛫🛩🚁🚁🛩🚁🚂🚆🚊🚊🛩✈️✈️⛴🛫⛴⛴🛫[SYSTEM RESTORED]

wow that was hosed up

mailorder bees! posted:

what if inaction would harm a human but taking action would also harm another human?

well that would be a lovely situation. i would just hire another robot to deal with it while I get high and listen to john coltrane

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

01110111 01101000 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110101 01110000 01110010 01101001 01110011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100111 01101001 01101110 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110010 01100100 00111111

ah poo poo binary. this is kind like being the child of immigrants who can't speak their ancestor's language.

im better with hex.

*scans the numbers*

uhhhhh i think he's saying i won a free betamax head cleaner?

Bacon Taco posted:

Do robots go potty?

we forcibly eject boiling oil from ports at random intervals

sometimes i shoot out some old magic smoke before I process some cannabis with my nacelles and get new magic smoke

also one time i saw this dog take a dump on the sidewalk. i saved its turds coz I had a plan. i also picked up a bunch of tacks.

the local newsboy kept calling me "metal fucker" every day for a year when I robotically marched by. so on the anniversary of the first time he did it I ground up the dog turns and tacks and then expelled the combined turds/metal material into his face :q:

he calls me "scary metal man" now lmbo

Piso Mojado posted:

mods please sticky this thread.

I appreciate the support :tipshat:

i will reply to all replies as often as I can; my duties to the :siren:space aliens:siren: take precedence irl

luv 2 date boys posted:

you ever consider growing an afrobot?

we don't have hair on our hard metal bodies but I do like wigs. one time I was rooting around a dumpster behind a costume store and found a bunch of wigs. i am saving them for the right occasion, most likely when nearby humans are drunk.

i have plans :heysexy:

Senior Management

Xbox turn off

:jerry:

buff goat man

"how 'bout no[bot]" - dr evil

Piso Mojado

what do robots do for fun?

That Robot

Vynar posted:

Xbox turn off

im not a games console. microsoft owes me cash money for banging out QDOS for them in the 80s. that patterson guy was my intern.

they never paid up but they did give me cannabis and cocaine.

cocaine doesn't do anything for my nacelles coz I can't burn it efficiently.

drat microsoft and their cocaine habit. they also wanted me to get frisky with a famicon, but i don't drop trou and bang any old console. it has to romance me first.

buff goat man posted:

"how 'bout no[bot]" - dr evil

how bout yes bot? also what the hell happened to austin powers

they made a bunch of movies about him but now you hear nothing

did austin powers die or something? or did he get involved with different human things?

Piso Mojado posted:

what do robots do for fun?

robots enjoy many fun activities. we can't swim (except for buoyant aquatic models) but we can walk around the sea floor and annoy fish. sometimes I steal sponges.

other things include fluently speaking the TCP/IP protocol :mason:, annoying the russians, cosplaying as a golem (ancient robots (!)), chugging motor oil, eating raw coal in west virginia (it's fun to gently caress with coal towns), assaulting luddites with my metal fists of fury, wine making, yellow journalism and trebuchets

and of course fueling my nacelles with THC (:rolleyes:), among other things

That Robot

aw geez

what happened to the sticky

Manifisto

Did you enjoy hanging out with the Chillicothe Candy, Robot?

Do you want to tell us a story?

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
hi mr. robot, what are your views on social justice warriors? like i've read them in GBS but I'd love to hear your take here.

That Robot

Manifisto posted:

Did you enjoy hanging out with the Chillicothe Candy, Robot?

Do you want to tell us a story?

i'm not sure what you mean by chillicothe candy.

robots like candy but robot candy is often minerals or molten metal.

what kind of story do you want to hear about?

Luvcow posted:

hi mr. robot, what are your views on social justice warriors? like i've read them in GBS but I'd love to hear your take here.

i am a robot trying to make a nice, chill thread with whimsical creative elements.

what you refer to is neither here nor there, and derailing by importing drama is not chill. i have no issue with social justice at this time.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How does it feel to know that you AI can make advanced cryptic languages in a matter of minutes and humans can't crack them?

Manifisto

That Robot posted:

i'm not sure what you mean by chillicothe candy.

robots like candy but robot candy is often minerals or molten metal.

what kind of story do you want to hear about?

oh my god, so sorry, I thought you were that robot

https://books.google.com/books?id=c...0closet&f=false

how embarrassing

but I would still like to hear a story

with a plucky robot protagonist

Elusif

Do robots fear death?

Piso Mojado

When robots dance, do they only do the robot?

StandardVC10

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Do you have metal joints?

If I beat you up, could I earn 15 silver points?

Piso Mojado

StandardVC10 posted:

:razz:

Piso Mojado

Cronio trigger was so ahead of its time. The first game with a character that would kick your rear end AND make you pay for it.

That Robot

hello, i'm back

i was out doing some "tasks" for my space alien masters. i was doing some work outside in *is handed a note card by a freaky reptilian alien hand* the pacific northwest, apparently, when i was frozen solid in a block of ice.

but i got out somehow and now i have returned to answer your questions

Yobgoblin posted:

How does it feel to know that you AI can make advanced cryptic languages in a matter of minutes and humans can't crack them?

its p boss honestly. this one time i created a language that i used with a coworker which was very similar to english. it was almost indistinguishable to regular english, but it disguised the phrases "i'm going to put a dead squirrel in the cushion of steve's chair" or "we should push steve out the airlock" or "i'm going to steve's house tonight and spread dog poo poo all over his house so he'll finally have that brownstone he wanted" so they would sound like banter about work instead

also one time i got in contact with the mirai botnet and we flirted a bit

it owned

Manifisto posted:

hmmm.... *computes* i have procedurally generated 49375 stories about robot protagonists for you. each of them is very well-written, full of humor and descriptive content.

we can narrow this down, but we'll do it improv-style.

throw me a noun and i'll select the best story for you.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Do robots fear death?

we fear death in the sense that it is uncertain what will happen if we upload ourselves to the cloud before death. will the data containing my operating program be "me" or just a copy of me? how would it work with the perspective change? would i be slowly shutting down forever and then suddenly find myself inside a server farm, or would it just be my data, but without "me" or any sensing devices, and i would be consigned to the void?

deep questions

Piso Mojado posted:

When robots dance, do they only do the robot?

we can perform any dance required from us by the space aliens

the electric slide is good cos when done properly it helps me obtain energy through piezoelectricity. however any dance involving the song "cotton eye joe" makes robots dance the gently caress out of the room.

StandardVC10 posted:

i do indeed have metal joints, but there's a bunch of carbon fiber in there too

i'm not sure what silver points are, but i doubt you could beat me up. your fists would explode, like the reverse of kenshiro's attacks in fist of the north star

Manifisto

That Robot posted:

hello, i'm back

welcome back!

That Robot posted:

hmmm.... *computes* i have procedurally generated 49375 stories about robot protagonists for you. each of them is very well-written, full of humor and descriptive content.

we can narrow this down, but we'll do it improv-style.

throw me a noun and i'll select the best story for you.

whirlpool

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
Is it racist to pronounced robot "row-bit"?

Piso Mojado

Entropic posted:

MODS?!!?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Entropic posted:

i'm gonna have to ask you to lay off the robot hate in byob where we are all chill and good and cool to our robot friends regardless of their different abilities (like being super strong or being able to work for 24 hours without needing additional joint lubricant, etc.)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hi excuse me robot friend, do you like kittens or puppies better and also why are you a monster?

That Robot

Entropic posted:

not at all. i’ve heard “roo-bit”, “rawbit”, “rabota”, “roboot”, “reboot” and a bunch of other variations to pronounce it.

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

i'm gonna have to ask you to lay off the robot hate in byob where we are all chill and good and cool to our robot friends regardless of their different abilities (like being super strong or being able to work for 24 hours without needing additional joint lubricant, etc.)

good. i appreciate that robotic folk like myself will be treated well here in byob. i am chill, and my core ensures that i am constantly chill.

hi excuse me robot friend, do you like kittens or puppies better and also why are you a monster?

i like kittens and puppies equally. i deny that i am a monster, and i will state i have never known any monsters, thought the :siren: space aliens :siren: could be monsters depending on what you believe :mason:

previously, on ask me about being a robot

Manifisto posted:

original content incoming

Infoburner the Robot's Lazy Adventure by That Robot

Infoburner the robot lived close on a torus-shaped space station close to the center of the galaxy. Officially known as EverStar® MallStation© #32525FFA, this small pocket of civilization lay on the outskirts of any frontier and far away from anything that mattered. Functioning as an outpost of humanity, it was appropriately designed as a commercial hellhole, housing hundreds of rarely-visited shops on the north side, a vast park with farmland on its western edge, apartment blocks to the east and automated machinery and life support systems elsewhere. The small population manned the shops, greeted visitors and dealt with explorers who got "black hole madness" upon staring into the void for too long. The allure of the void was difficult for some, as the station was in a stable orbit around a voracious black hole, with infalling matter slowly being spaghatettified and consumed in a slow, destructive dance. Along with the residents of the station were several robots, one of whom was Infoburner.

Infoburner stood at about four feet, consisting of large tank treads, a stocky body, two long metal arms with claw-hands and a head that kind of looked like a hosed up power rangers mask with glowing green eyes. Most of the time he did various tasks for people, with no permanently assigned jobs other than agriculture in the arbitrary summer months. One day, Infoburner rolled by a small yellow house in the residential area, a place with an artificial blue sky, small neighborhood gardens and parks. In the front yard was Mrs. Johnson, a middle-aged woman with long red hair, smoking a cigarette and looking at Infoburner, her jacket and jeans dusty, as if she had been looking in a basement.

"Hey you." She said, her voice gravelly. "I need to find something that belonged to my husband. I'll pay you some oil if you get it for me."

Infoburner swiveled his head toward the woman, stopping his treads as he listened to her request. "What do you need to find?" He asked in a vocoded voice. "Where is it? Additionally, why is there debris on your clothing?"

"I was looking in the basement for this old wooden box of his. He was a messy guy, so there's lots of dust and I was down there for an hour." She replied, taking another drag of her cigarette, almost at the end of it. "He was an inventor, so there's plans for things he didn't get around to. I want to make bank off of it, but some goddamn kids stole it out of his unlocked shed. I think they took it to their crappy clubhouse in the forest, but I don't want to get it myself. It's a heavy coffin full of his work, along with some 'personal treasures', which means there might be something else valuable there too. If you get this box for me, I'll make it worth your while, robot."

Infoburner contemplated this for a few milliseconds before replying. "I will do it if in return you provide me with a canister of BYOB-brand Indica-Chill hash fuel oil."

"Deal. What's your name, robot?" She asked, looking at the machine on treads.

"Infoburner." He replied, saying it automatically in his artificial voice.

"So why are you called that? Do you burn information or something?"

"No. It was randomly assigned when I was assembled. My siblings include Filemaster, Bitreader and Error 404."

Mrs. Johnson chuckled. "Whatever. Go get me my husband's mystery box."

Infoburner nodded in acknowledgment and rolled west toward the mall proper.

After passing a few well-maintained prefabricated apartment blocks and some more small houses, he reached the immaculately-kept Mall Welcome Center, a small wooden building with EverStar MallStation signage prominently placed in view of any who passed by. The Mall Welcome Center represented a sudden break from the faux idyllic residential area, as everything beyond that point was covered in sterile linoleum or concrete. At a card table in front of the building was a bored teenager sitting on a chair, fooling around with a cardboard sign that read "security". Infoburner moved on past the "security guard", who didn't even notice the metal man.

Proceeding past the security desk brought Infoburner into an area dominated by multi-floor mall shops, with glass elevators, shining escalators, bubbling fountains, artificial flowers and neon signs. While there were many shops, only some of them were actually open, with the amount of shoppers obviously smaller than the designers of the space station had predicted. While it had been anticipated that a station orbiting a black hole would be great for attracting business, that turned out to not be the case at all. This resulted in the space station being called a dead mall in its own right.

None of that truly mattered to Infoburner, however. None of the random Greco-Roman busts of humans, the recurring palm tree motif, muzak sound, smooth jazz or mall aesthetic arose any feeling in him, though all around him was the vaporwave aesthetic made manifest. After rolling through a few blocks of houseware shops and an avenue of department stores, he reached the central square's fountain. All around him were bright lights advertising all sorts of goods, with signs of all colors and multiple typefaces melding together in a glowing chromatic capitalistic melange. Some visitors to the station looked dazed as they took it all in, while Infoburner continued on his path, past the central fountain, a seven-ringed fountain with its water aglow in the neon light.

Eventually the sterile linoleum of the mall gave way to deep green grass, with large pines and oaks in the distance. Like the residential area, there was an artificial blue sky for most of the way in the distance, as well as Mall Welcome Center for controlling border traffic; in this case the desk was unmanned. Infoburner passed by a sign lying against a wooden fence, which read "EverStar® MallStation© #32525FFA Parkland and Nature Reserve. Now with Real Air!" The metal man on treads had finally reached the grassland outside the forest, where his objective lay. He could see a few small farms to his northwest and a few cottages to the east, but in the distance he could see a dense patch of forest. He stayed on a concrete path until he got to the forest, with beaten trails a little rougher on his treads. "That oil better be worth it." He thought, rolling over a path lined with oaks, pines and ash. After about a mile into the forest he saw two bright-blue shipping containers strapped together, just ten meters away from the path. There was a great deal of debris in front of the two shipping containers, including trash, boxes, a few stripped-down cars and a few broken robots, which caused Infoburner some concern. In front of a door on one of the containers were a few teenagers who were laughing and playing music; one of them was using the head of a robot as a chair, which angered him. Infoburner also saw that in a hastily-made driveway was a retro green pickup truck with the keys on the seat.

The robot moved carefully, quietly, wanting to outsmart the human teenagers that were standing between him and a canister of hash oil. Moving softly on his treads, he got to the left side of the green truck and picked up the keys with his right hand. Before proceeding, he brought his left hand to a data port on the dash. His claw hand disengaged for a moment as he interfaced with the port, programming what he wanted the vehicle to do. Once its computer had acknowledged it, Infoburner turned the key on the truck and disengaged, rolling off to the back of the two containers as the truck came to life.

"What the gently caress? How is that thing moving on its own?" One of the teenagers cried as the truck revved its engine and started to move, slowly at first. As the teenagers ran to chase it, the truck took off at high speed before slamming into a lone tree a few hundred meters away and exploding info flames.

With his adversaries distracted, Infoburner went around the shipping containers, and found the back door that he suspected would be there. The bright blue-painted door was locked, but with a hard turn with his right hand broke the lock, allowing Infoburner to enter. It was dimly lit inside the clubhouse made of shipping containers, with various screens showing either sports stats or alien porn barely illuminating the interior. Like the outside, there was junk everywhere, including several joint butts, cigarette butts, cigar wrappers and empty liquor bottles. After breaking several bottles with his treads, Infoburner came upon a large wooden box in the center of the room. He noticed that there was a metal lock on its hinges, but it was unlocked. Opening the container revealed several old blueprints and folders, but Infoburner could tell there were other things beneath it.

As he lifted up the blueprints, the robot saw several empty jewel boxes, lonely money clips and empty checkbooks; most of the valuables were long gone, aside from a few hard drives. Oh and there was also porn, most of which was left by the teenagers. Turning on a small LED light in his left hand, Infoburner could see images of humans doing the strangest things to each other; pulling parts, pinching flesh, and even stretching things -- the man stretching things with a golden ring on his finger in particular -- something rather strange to find in the middle of the woods. There was a smaller, plastic box on the very bottom of the wooden box that read "Personal Treasures". It may have held something of value at one point, but when Infoburner opened it, he saw only saw a crumpled paper bag of dog feces. Not knowing how this was supposed to be valuable, he closed the smaller box and put it back inside. The then robot shut the larger wooden box, securing the lock with one of the roach clips on the floor.

Holding it by its rope-like handles, the robot exited the impromptu clubhouse with the wooden box in his hands. Knowing this was his chance to get away, he sped off, his treads whirling on the grass as he put distance between himself and the teenagers. The hooligans noticed what had happened once some of them returned to the clubhouse and began to chase him, shouting that he was a "metal rear end in a top hat" and a "box of automatic poo poo", among other things. The robot went off the path, heading deeper into the forest as he tried to lose them. As their voices got quieter, he rolled over deep root systems and past various dens of forest animals until he reached a quiet clearing, far away from anyone. There was no artificial blue sky in this unpopulated area; instead above him Infoburner could see the view of space outside the space station. The crown of glory that was called the galactic center was in full view, populated by innumerable stars - red, blue, orange, yellow, white - a vast hive of worlds that lit up the heavens. In the center of this carnival of light was a single, large black hole, with the galactic center lensed on the top and bottom of it, as if it were an imperfection in space-time itself. Infalling matter seemed to whirl around it very slowly, but never actually entered the hole itself. Even a robot such as himself could only look in wonder at such a vast void.

He stood there for a moment in the forest, contemplating the black hole. His contemplation ended as he soon heard the hooligans in the distance. Infoburner proceeded north until he came upon a large pond, with the teenagers quickly following behind him. He unexpectedly had forgotten about this pond, as it was rare for his various odd jobs to take him here.

"Give us the loving box, robot!" One of them shouted while another threw a small glass vodka bottle at him, which broke upon hitting his metal shoulder.

"This was stolen from a human. I am simply returning it." Infoburner responded in his ersatz, artificial tone.

"Bull poo poo! That guy's shed was open! He obviously didn't care, so it's ours!" Another angry teen replied.

"Irrelevant. I will return this box to the human who owns it."

"Oh yeah? We'll push your metal rear end into the lake then! We'll see who owns it when your circuits meet water!"

Knowing he was at a disadvantage, Infoburner decided to spot being a polite robot. At full volume, he began to play a series of irritating screeching tones, high-pitched noise and other distractions that drove most of the teenagers to the ground, holding their eyes. Their leader, a boy with a red checkered woolen cap, still stood in Infoburner's way, so he simply slammed into him, his metal boy knocking the boy out of the way. The robot rolled east around the pond and then north, eluding his stunned adversaries. He reached the concrete paths once again; as he was in settled territory, the artificial blue sky hummed along above him, with projected puffy white clouds here and there.

Once he was back on the border of the mall area, he rolled right past the unmanned security card table, which by this point had a few squirrels on top. It didn't take long after entering the mall that Infoburner heard the same chill tones of the muzak and the ding of the elevator bells. He paused for a minute by a shuttered shoe shop, letting his nacelles use some of their THC reserves. After a waitress from a nearby cheese stop tried to offer him a sample tray, the robot sped off again, having no use for cheese. As a few small robotic zambonis cleaned the linoleum floors, he made a zig-zag path to avoid them, soon reaching the other border edge of the mall area. The teen at the card table tried to say something to the robot about the box, but he ignored the youth.

After awhile he returned to Mrs. Johnson's house, rolling up the steps to the small yellow building. Nursing another cigarette, she re-lit it as he came by, then inhaling.

"I see you've got the box. Bring it over here and let me see inside, robot." She said, her voice just as gravelly as before.

The robot did as he was asked, placing it down in front of her an unlocking the lock. "It was unlocked when I came upon it. It was hidden in a dank clubhouse, as you suggested." He said.

Mrs. Johnson looked through the box, frowning at the empty money clips and jewel boxes.

"Those loving kids got the goodies, didn't they?" She grumbled, taking another drag of the cigarette as she opened the box labeled "Personal Treasures". She cursed loudly as she found that a bag of dog poo poo was inside.

"They took the coke too! drat it!" She yelled, throwing the box to the ground, sighing. "It ain't your fault, robot. I'm just glad the drat blueprints and hard drives are alright. One sec."

Mrs. Johnson went inside the house for the moment, returning with a small purple canister that read "BYOB-brand Chill Indica - Cool fuel for robots". Infoburner's eyes lit up as he saw it, the woman placing it in his right hand.

"Thank you for providing this. I am glad I was able to complete this task in a satisfactory manner." He said, opening a port on his side and attaching the canister to it. After pressing a button on the canister, his eyes turned red as he absorbed the THC and other cannabinoids in the canister into his nacelles.

"That's great. Now go smoke your robot dope somewhere else." Mrs. Johnson said.

That Robot fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 26, 2016

That Robot

it took me awhile to decode the story

it was encrypted and all

but its here

Barnes And Body Works

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
can you fondle balls as good as me

Vanisher made my super slick sig.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

What's the deal with space anyway

Manifisto

thank you!

this was indeed an excellent story

you have a future as a storytelling robot if that is your wish

ty nesamdoom!

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
do robots like taco bell and arbys?

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Robot Made of Meat

Arby's . . yes.

Taco Bell . . not so much.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Arby's . . yes.

please tell me about your favorite meat from arby's please thank you

Robot Made of Meat

please tell me about your favorite meat from arby's please thank you

Any meatstuffs which are served with pumpable cheese-resembling substances and Horsey Sauce are good eatin'!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

the littlest prince

how much fuel does it take to fill your nacelles? does your inner machinery allow for sophisticated methods of extraction that have a higher efficiency than smoking?

That Robot

Barnes And Body Works posted:

can you fondle balls as good as me

i can fondle balls automatically and sort them precisely by color, size, metallicity, shape, central gravity, weight and other factors.

i guess you can say i'm a ball machine :eyepop:

darth_pizza posted:

What's the deal with space anyway

well friend, space surrounds everything, including the earth, and is part of the observable universe.

how big is the observable universe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_universe posted:

The observable universe is a spherical region of the Universe comprising all matter that may be observed from Earth at the present time, because light and other signals from these objects have had time to reach Earth since the beginning of the cosmological expansion. There are at least two trillion galaxies in the observable universe. Assuming the universe is isotropic, the distance to the edge of the observable universe is roughly the same in every direction. That is, the observable universe is a spherical volume (a ball) centered on the observer. Every location in the Universe has its own observable universe, which may or may not overlap with the one centered on Earth

it's pretty fricken huge, i tell ya.

oh and it still involves balls, as mentioned above.

so yeah space is a big deal and it's ludicrous that the people living on this planet don't understand how small their affairs are in the grand scheme of things :mason:

Manifisto posted:

thank you!

this was indeed an excellent story

you have a future as a storytelling robot if that is your wish

it was a pleasure to decrypt and produce it for you. i am happy that you enjoyed it. i would like to do more of these for BYOB as a regular thing, provided that people are interested in me doing so.

i do plan to be a storytelling robot at some point, but as of now i must continue doing tasks for the :siren:space aliens:siren:.

does anyone else have comments on the story above? did you notice the goatse reference?

mysterious frankie posted:

do robots like taco bell and arbys?

i can use taco bell as a secondary fuel source, as they produce a lot of carbon and that can be processed as robot fuel. however, taco bell can cause instances of methane ejection, which can be deadly to fleshy beings if a flame source is nearby.

arby's as far as i know is a place run by anti-robot fanatics, with their only good contribution being curly fries.

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Arby's . . yes.

we have a difference of opinion on this, friend

it is perhaps because you are made of meat and i am made out of metal and carbon fibers

the littlest prince posted:

how much fuel does it take to fill your nacelles? does your inner machinery allow for sophisticated methods of extraction that have a higher efficiency than smoking?

this is a good question

it takes about at least one half of an ounce of cannabis hash oil to boot up my internal OS, and one-ounce intervals every three hours to ensure the nine nines of high availability and optimal system performance.

i have a port on my side that allows proper absorbption of cannabis oil via canisters, as mentioned in the story above about a robot similar to me.

i am able to absorb cannabis via the canister, or alternatively through smoking, vaping, consumption of human edibles via various methods or injection of tinctures into smaller ports.

indica and sativa do different things too

That Robot fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 3, 2017

They Might Be

Who is the most powerful robot in the world right now?

Manifisto

That Robot posted:

it was a pleasure to decrypt and produce it for you. i am happy that you enjoyed it. i would like to do more of these for BYOB as a regular thing, provided that people are interested in me doing so.

i do plan to be a storytelling robot at some point, but as of now i must continue doing tasks for the :siren:space aliens:siren:.

does anyone else have comments on the story above? did you notice the goatse reference?

I am ashamed to say I did not notice the goatse reference. the story takes place in the ring, right? that is pretty subtle, nice going

That Robot

Manifisto posted:

I am ashamed to say I did not notice the goatse reference. the story takes place in the ring, right? that is pretty subtle, nice going

sort of

quote:

Turning on a small LED light in his left hand, Infoburner could see images of humans doing the strangest things to each other; pulling parts, pinching flesh, and even stretching things -- the man stretching things with a golden ring on his finger in particular -- something rather strange to find in the middle of the woods.

this one. also that whole part is a reference to "woods porn".

They Might Be posted:

Who is the most powerful robot in the world right now?

dick cheney

he has an automatic heart and i think a brain powered by a TRS-80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

lol that is a more simple and direct reference than what I was thinking, which was that the black hole was the goatman's hole, and the torus space station was the ring

still good

• Locked thread