Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

my wheelhouse posted:

What are some Imp Zone official sanctioned Wii U games that I should get?

Kirby's Dream Course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Kirby's Dream Course

This.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

oddium posted:

tropical freeze is better than dkc2 i think

Yea it is.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

tropical freeze is better than dkc2 i think

it is spectacular

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:pwn:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

weird.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
don't buy nes/snes/n64 games on wii u

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

i will

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:jerkbag:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
nes/snes isn't unplayably bad but a lot of N64 stuff is, F-Zero X is completely hosed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i played paper mario for the first time this year through the virtual console

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
that's one of the safer choices because there's no important action elements beyond battles but most of the other games that rely on analogue movement are very obviously not working as they should, there's a massive deadzone in the middle and its mega sensitive on the outer reach of the stick. F-Zero is bad, like immediately, how did this ever get released in this state bad

there are other issues like inaccurate cpu speed so games that weren't locked to certain framerates will sometimes run too fast. it's really obvious in DK64 because that game would make the animations run faster to compensate for slowdown and vice versa, so when the game starts running at abnormal speeds the animations get screwed up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nes/snes isn't unplayably bad but a lot of N64 stuff is, F-Zero X is completely hosed

i can confirm this. star fox 64 was also unplayable on the wii originally and they had to re-release it lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

that's one of the safer choices because there's no important action elements beyond battles but most of the other games that rely on analogue movement are very obviously not working as they should, there's a massive deadzone in the middle and its mega sensitive on the outer reach of the stick. F-Zero is bad, like immediately, how did this ever get released in this state bad

there are other issues like inaccurate cpu speed so games that weren't locked to certain framerates will sometimes run too fast. it's really obvious in DK64 because that game would make the animations run faster to compensate for slowdown and vice versa, so when the game starts running at abnormal speeds the animations get screwed up

thank u for the heads up if its really as bad as u make it sound

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Spirit of Justice is quite good and the cases seem really long. just stayed up all night doing case 2, whoops

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Nintendo

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Evil Eagle posted:

Spirit of Justice is quite good and the cases seem really long. just stayed up all night doing case 2, whoops

Just bought the trilogy (played em previously ) and Dual Destinies (never touched it) from eshop sale. I am tempted but maybe I have enough on my hands now.

Also Megaman Legacy Collection is - 50% :coal:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a rumor going around that the switch is getting an overwatch port with ninty exclusive content. pharah with a samus skin...

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Got Steamworld Dig for 99 cents and its good.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres a rumor going around that the switch is getting an overwatch port with ninty exclusive content. pharah with a samus skin...

*My wallet becomes a shining, blinding hot flash of light and then disappears*

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

She's already wearing a varia suit in my mind

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'd rather just play Splatoon

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id rather play a new metroid

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

id rather play a new metroid

you know thats a pipe dream

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd rather just play Splatoon

Im buying a switch at launch so I can play splatoon because I don't have my Wii U around anymore and I miss it deeply. Also because it will have a bunch of newbehs in ranked that I can loving pwn. Maybe they'll do new maps and weapons too...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

Im buying a switch at launch so I can play splatoon because I don't have my Wii U around anymore and I miss it deeply. Also because it will have a bunch of newbehs in ranked that I can loving pwn. Maybe they'll do new maps and weapons too...

I'm just excited for pants, and hairstyles, everything else is literally perfect

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

Got Steamworld Dig for 99 cents and its good.
I played Steamworld Heist recently and it was a lot better than I expected. There's a lot of love and soul in it and the combat is really good and fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Golden Girls did Lower Norfair without the Space Jump. Very impressive.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Courtesy post that Mario Party 2 is available for download from Wii U VC as of a couple days ago. Played my first round in Space Land and I'm not ashamed to admit I got my poo poo rocked by DK on frickin' normal difficulty.

E: the "flick your bob-omb into a boat" 1 v. 3 mini game seems weird with the Wii U control sticks. Like you can't not toss it as hard as you can.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Blast processing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ghast processing or as i call it, Luigi's Mansion

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

omg

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Thank you for being an Imp

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Evil Eagle posted: