Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

:(

I'd still like some super high level Ally's!

Igotchufam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Star Wars Uprising sucked rear end. Controls were insanely annoying to deal with on a phone, it was very buggy because Kabam is a poo poo company. It was also super grindy in a way that even beats this dumb game. Even if you wanted to progress the story just to check it out you had to put significant time into running stupid rear end missions and you didn't even have a simulation option.

Im the one whose friend worked for Kabam but he moved to a completely different industry now. They just had no idea how to monetize the game in a way that made money. The company constantly had whales boycotting/protesting their various games due to their poo poo which is hilarious. Their games that made the most money were like... slot machines or something for phones I didnt understand it.

I use Andy OS 46.14.616 and it works pretty good if you're looking for an emulator. Bluestacks didnt work on my Windows 10.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 26, 2016

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

ZenVulgarity posted:

:(

Enjoy my guys :) should blitz you through any battle you can face.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Want to reuse the same ally for multiple battles? Enter a daily gear challenge, retreat, and your list is magically refreshed!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Star Wars Uprising sucked rear end. Controls were insanely annoying to deal with on a phone, it was very buggy because Kabam is a poo poo company. It was also super grindy in a way that even beats this dumb game. Even if you wanted to progress the story just to check it out you had to put significant time into running stupid rear end missions and you didn't even have a simulation option.

Im the one whose friend worked for Kabam but he moved to a completely different industry now. They just had no idea how to monetize the game in a way that made money. The company constantly had whales boycotting/protesting their various games due to their poo poo which is hilarious. Their games that made the most money were like... slot machines or something for phones I didnt understand it.

I use Andy OS 46.14.616 and it works pretty good if you're looking for an emulator. Bluestacks didnt work on my Windows 10.

That's pretty interesting and hilarious - how do you drop the ball on a SW phone game so badly? Goddamn. Glad your friend got out, although it's probably not a fun reason to 'get out' of the games industry for. Thanks for the insight, though.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 26, 2016

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

My rebel squad really blazed through Palpatine until Tier VI, and 7* Palp is within reach I feel, even though I've been getting crushed a bit. I've got Ackbar at Gear IX, Lando at X, and Biggs, Han, and Leia at VIII (working on 7* Wedge, about 50 shards left). No mods on anyone, but I have a few level 15 ones I can put on people. The remaining gear slots are all pretty similar (Furnaces and hairdryers and that raygun thing), so for the moment I'm kind of farming all of that rather than upgrading anyone immediately.

Any general recommendations on whom to focus on? I think there's a decent chance I'll have 7* Wedge by the end, but if I can get 7* Palpatine with my current squad, I wouldn't mind scratching that off the list.

VV: Yeah, I've gotten a good few shards from there too. And thanks for the advice too, my Lando is pretty high (for me), so I'll drop gear into Biggs and STH, and see if I have any decent mods for them. And even if I don't, I can use whatever I have, +health on STH seems good.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 26, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Look for wedge shards in the ship shop. That will help push you over the edge.

If youve got mods use them, gear up your sth, lando and biggs.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Chilichimp posted:

Igotchufam

Yayyy

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Serperoth posted:

My rebel squad really blazed through Palpatine until Tier VI, and 7* Palp is within reach I feel, even though I've been getting crushed a bit. I've got Ackbar at Gear IX, Lando at X, and Biggs, Han, and Leia at VIII (working on 7* Wedge, about 50 shards left). No mods on anyone, but I have a few level 15 ones I can put on people. The remaining gear slots are all pretty similar (Furnaces and hairdryers and that raygun thing), so for the moment I'm kind of farming all of that rather than upgrading anyone immediately.

Any general recommendations on whom to focus on? I think there's a decent chance I'll have 7* Wedge by the end, but if I can get 7* Palpatine with my current squad, I wouldn't mind scratching that off the list.

VV: Yeah, I've gotten a good few shards from there too. And thanks for the advice too, my Lando is pretty high (for me), so I'll drop gear into Biggs and STH, and see if I have any decent mods for them. And even if I don't, I can use whatever I have, +health on STH seems good.

I did it with wiggs/lando/sth/aa and nobody was higher than gear 7 ex.biggs/sth were 8. But I had 3-4* mods on everybody. Sounds like mods and/or wedge are your problem.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

fishtobaskets posted:

I did it with wiggs/lando/sth/aa and nobody was higher than gear 7 ex.biggs/sth were 8. But I had 3-4* mods on everybody. Sounds like mods and/or wedge are your problem.

Wedge's healing would very much be welcome, yeah. Guess I'll see if I can slap all my 1* mods on people and maybe that will help. Worst case, I move my 2-3 sets of max-level gear onto the Rebels for some extra kick, or drop some credits on levelling stuff up. Not worrying too much right now, since there's a decent chance I'll get Wedge before it's all over, especially with some Fleet shipment luck.

EDIT: Got two Wedge purchases at the Fleet store after making this post. Not gonna complain at all, Wiggs is looking pretty likely.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 26, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Wedge's healing would very much be welcome, yeah. Guess I'll see if I can slap all my 1* mods on people and maybe that will help. Worst case, I move my 2-3 sets of max-level gear onto the Rebels for some extra kick, or drop some credits on levelling stuff up. Not worrying too much right now, since there's a decent chance I'll get Wedge before it's all over, especially with some Fleet shipment luck.

If you don't get wedge in time, I beat it with AA, Leia, Lando, HRS, and STH, or something like that. Luke might have been in there. It took some RNG but you can totally do it. I had to figure out the phases and which levels to taunt and stuff, but it was doable.

Wiggs, Lando, STH, and someone else should be an easy win.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
So I'm looking for some pvp arena advice, I currently run wedge (L), biggs, lando, sth, shore(5*) all at gear 11. I usually sit in the top 20, have broken into the top 10 a few times when I'm around at payout time. I'm looking to mix things up a bit and was wondering just how to, my shard around the top 30-15 is currently a mixture of the team I field, plus a few lando led wiggs teams, one or two droid teams with B2/JE, going further up the rankings you start to run into (top 10 and above) lots of Boba Leads, EP, Chaze, aayala, anakin, the odd ultra speed wiggs.

I'd like to experiment more with my pvp teams but have found I plummet fast when I make the wrong kind of team so I thought I'd ask here.

Characters to work with, assume 7* lv 85:

Gear 11
TFP, EP, Vader(6*), shore(5*), lando, wedge, biggs, boba fett, STH, 5s, QGJ, Anakin,Rex
Gear 10 (who you would actually use in arena)
RG, Sun Fac.

I've switched to EP(l), vader, TFP (222 speed), shore, RG just today and it's worked against a mirror team with sth instead of shore, and a wedge(l),biggs,sth, lando, EP team; but I'm not sure how it will fare against a ultra speed wiggs team.

Any other team suggestions that could work?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

rocket_Magnet posted:

So I'm looking for some pvp arena advice, I currently run wedge (L), biggs, lando, sth, shore(5*) all at gear 11. I usually sit in the top 20, have broken into the top 10 a few times when I'm around at payout time. I'm looking to mix things up a bit and was wondering just how to, my shard around the top 30-15 is currently a mixture of the team I field, plus a few lando led wiggs teams, one or two droid teams with B2/JE, going further up the rankings you start to run into (top 10 and above) lots of Boba Leads, EP, Chaze, aayala, anakin, the odd ultra speed wiggs.

I'd like to experiment more with my pvp teams but have found I plummet fast when I make the wrong kind of team so I thought I'd ask here.

Characters to work with, assume 7* lv 85:

Gear 11
TFP, EP, Vader(6*), shore(5*), lando, wedge, biggs, boba fett, STH, 5s, QGJ, Anakin,Rex
Gear 10 (who you would actually use in arena)
RG, Sun Fac.

I've switched to EP(l), vader, TFP (222 speed), shore, RG just today and it's worked against a mirror team with sth instead of shore, and a wedge(l),biggs,sth, lando, EP team; but I'm not sure how it will fare against a ultra speed wiggs team.

Any other team suggestions that could work?

I currently run Boba/Wiggs/Sun Fac/Shoretrooper and I always get top 5 unless I am not playing the game at all anywhere near payout time. My shore is only 5*. You should be able to run that exact team, and it is scary good. I am working on modding up Boba, he wants all the speed you can get because everyone else on my shard is running him, and if they go first and manage to block him, you are in trouble. Some other guys run Anakin instead of SF, but I think SF is more useful.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm currently running Wedge (l), Biggs, Lando, as a core and then swap in various other characters depending on what I'm facing. If they're not running Baze or Shore, I'll use raid Han to stun their tank. If they are, I'll use B2. I usually use Baze as my tank unless they have B2, in which case I'll try STHan instead. I'm probably going to pull Lando and start trying Boba once I have him geared up.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
SThan has all but disappeared from my shard's top 20.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Wahhhh I need one more friend

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

There is so much poo poo in this game

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I can stomach the poo poo Falcons winning the division because your wedge has single handedly pulled me through half the hard fights in this game

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

I can stomach the poo poo Falcons winning the division because your wedge has single handedly pulled me through half the hard fights in this game

More like Cam Antilles

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

rocket_Magnet posted:

So I'm looking for some pvp arena advice, I currently run wedge (L), biggs, lando, sth, shore(5*) all at gear 11.

I run the same, but with g10 Wiggs and 4* Shore. It hasn't been doing as well since TFP made his appearance in the meta. I finally decided to mix it up today with EP(L), TFP, Lando, Shore, STHan.

I just finished farming Chirpa and I'm not sure what to do next. I want either B2 or Finn for speed mods. My mods are really bad, and I'm surprised I'm as high ranked as I am considering everyone I fight usually has way more speed than I do. If I can farm speed mods I'll just do that until the end of time.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Reminder that damage on rancor starts at 8 am pacific. I'm on vacation and might still be sleeping then, so don't wait on that. Feel free to let everyone know that it's starting.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Is there a guide anywhere to what mods i should put on what characters? I've built my rebel team at level 85 and managing to keep in the 100-140 area in arena, but I guess I need to sort my mods out to break past here. I'm running Wedge (L), biggs, lando, sth and Leia, pretty much all have them have random 1-5 star health mods, i've managed to get a health speed primary arrow and put it on biggs

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Dec 27, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

What's the point of ally tokens

Clown Contagion
Nov 23, 2007
Hilarious AND Fatal!
Here for some whale-watching.

Ally Code: 586-146-167

ZenVulgarity posted:

What's the point of ally tokens

The tooltip says they're for Bronzium Packs and refreshing characters in tournaments.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Clown Contagion posted:

Here for some whale-watching.

Ally Code: 586-146-167

The tooltip says they're for Bronzium Packs and refreshing characters in tournaments.

Bronzium packs seem mostly terrible and take forever to open, so I suspect it's mostly for tournaments?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Bronzium packs seem mostly terrible and take forever to open, so I suspect it's mostly for tournaments?

Correct.

Use your free bronzium opens, because you -can- get full character out of there (though it is rare) and save the rest for tournaments.

If you're following the general advice and building a good rebel squad, you should be kicking rear end in the tournaments at the lower level range. You can't get wedge until 60, I think, but until then you should build up the rest of the team as best you can.

Wedge (Cantina Battles) (eventually)
Biggs (Galactic War)
Lando (Cantina Battles) (Can also be used in credit heist)
Stormtrooper Han (Arena) (Can also be used in credit heist)
... and idk akbar? (Arena) (Can also be used as a commander for ships)

Droids are also very good in Arena-style combat, so build them up for a b-team in tournaments.

HK-47 (Arena)
IG-88 (Arena)(can also be used in the credit heist)
IG-86 (Galactic War)
Chief Nebit (Arena)
Jawa Engineer (only bought from guild store, so get in a guild and start contributing to rancor etc)

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 27, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Correct.

Use your free bronzium opens, because you -can- get full character out of there (though it is rare) and save the rest for tournaments.

If you're following the general advice and building a good rebel squad, you should be kicking rear end in the tournaments at the lower level range. You can't get wedge until 60, I think, but until then you should build up the rest of the team as best you can.

Wedge (Cantina Battles) (eventually)
Biggs (Galactic War)
Lando (Cantina Battles) (Can also be used in credit heist)
Stormtrooper Han (Arena) (Can also be used in credit heist)
... and idk akbar? (Arena) (Can also be used as a commander for ships)

Droids are also very good in Arena-style combat, so build them up for a b-team in tournaments.

HK-47 (Arena)
IG-88 (Arena)(can also be used in the credit heist)
IG-86 (Galactic War)
Chief Nebit (Arena)
Jawa Engineer (only bought from guild store, so get in a guild and start contributing to rancor etc)

Right now I'm rank 100 in my arena, slowly making progress

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Ahdinko posted:

Is there a guide anywhere to what mods i should put on what characters? I've built my rebel team at level 85 and managing to keep in the 100-140 area in arena, but I guess I need to sort my mods out to break past here. I'm running Wedge (L), biggs, lando, sth and Leia, pretty much all have them have random 1-5 star health mods, i've managed to get a health speed primary arrow and put it on biggs

Dr. Venture posted:

Mods are actually pretty straightforward. The HP set is good for everyone starting out and the defense set is good for tanks, but the best sets are: Speed (hard to get because of the character requirements), crit damage, and crit chance. Put crit chance and crit damage on your damage dealers and keep the HP/defense sets on your tanks.

As for specific primary stats on the mods themselves: Speed arrow top right slot (for everyone), crit damage (crit chance is a solid placeholder) or protection in the middle right slot (DPS/tank), and offense/potency/protection for the bottom right (depends on the character and what you have at your disposal).

You can also look at what fellow goons have on their arena teams. You'll quickly notice a pattern. There isn't much variety there.

I forgot 2 things.

1: The 3 mods on the left side are more common and have less variance. Offense, Defense, then HP/Prot. HP is better for raids and healers, otherwise use Protection.

2: The secondary speed rolls are more important that the mod type or set (except in the case of crit damage) if the roll is high enough. Put your speed on Biggs so he can go first and erase someone, followed by STHan so he can taunt ASAP.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Mods are actually pretty straightforward. The HP set is good for everyone starting out and the defense set is good for tanks, but the best sets are: Speed (hard to get because of the character requirements), crit damage, and crit chance. Put crit chance and crit damage on your damage dealers and keep the HP/defense sets on your tanks.

As for specific primary stats on the mods themselves: Speed arrow top right slot (for everyone), crit damage (crit chance is a solid placeholder) or protection in the middle right slot (DPS/tank), and offense/potency/protection for the bottom right (depends on the character and what you have at your disposal).

Because protection is pretty crazy at G10 +, it's really good in the bottom right - I usually prefer that over offense, even for heroes like Biggs.

If you do the math, offense sets are usually better than critical damage sets. Anyone with a guaranteed critical (Wiggs), or bonus crit/crit up (Lando, Leia, etc), are the exception here, but you generally need about 50% cc before 30% cd starts being better than 10% offense.

Let's take someone with 10k damage. At 50% cc (and a cd triangle), cd set: 50% * 1 * 10,000 + 50% * 2.16 * 10000 = 5000 + 10800 = 15,800. O set: 50% * 1.1 * 10000 + 50% * 1.1 * 1.86 * 10000 = 5500 + 10230 = 15730. Without really good cc secondaries, most heroes won't have 50% cc.

All that said, it doesn't make the biggest difference, and getting offense sets sucks.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I'm guessing k should be using arena awards on shards.of super good people?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm guessing k should be using arena awards on shards.of super good people?

Correct.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chimp why aren't you on the TFF discord

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Chimp why aren't you on the TFF discord

Hadn't thought about it in a while. Guess I should fire it up.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Hadn't thought about it in a while. Guess I should fire it up.

Pls

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Oh gently caress what cantina nerds should I buy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Oh gently caress what cantina nerds should I buy

Cantina store?

Qui Gon Jinn, Boba Fett, Old Daka are all pretty solid.

Boba just got a rework and he's kind of on the cutting edge of the meta right now, so maybe focus him, since he'll also be a big help with the Credit Heist events.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Two of the whales on my shard (top 5) set their arena team to solo Leia. I fought around them because that seriously takes some balls. I wonder how far they will fall.

I also took a survey of theirs a while back and marked interest in seeing more versions of Leia. Hopefully we'll get a cool new version of her that tears the meta a new one.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dr. Venture posted:

Two of the whales on my shard (top 5) set their arena team to solo Leia. I fought around them because that seriously takes some balls. I wonder how far they will fall.

I also took a survey of theirs a while back and marked interest in seeing more versions of Leia. Hopefully we'll get a cool new version of her that tears the meta a new one.

[Insert tasteless Carrie Fischer joke here]

I got a feeling Leia is gonna become more powerful than you can imagine.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

My guild just got to stage 2 of the tank takedown yesterday for the first time and whenever I start it the main cannon fires straight away for 99999 and kills one of my guys before I've had a chance to do anything. Is there any way to avoid this? I threw my B-team at it first and it didn't do it, but as soon as I use my rebels the gun takes out one of them, hobbling my team synergy.

Can I wait a while and try again or will it be the same every time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Cactus posted:

My guild just got to stage 2 of the tank takedown yesterday for the first time and whenever I start it the main cannon fires straight away for 99999 and kills one of my guys before I've had a chance to do anything. Is there any way to avoid this? I threw my B-team at it first and it didn't do it, but as soon as I use my rebels the gun takes out one of them, hobbling my team synergy.

Can I wait a while and try again or will it be the same every time?

The last person to fight left the top cannon with too much turn meter. You can either wait for someone else to eat the bullet, or bring in a team with Old Ben and keep resetting until it targets him.