Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

there's a fitness/health food type cafe near my work called Prep Fitness Kitchen and I can no longer go in :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'm glad that a lot of these stories ended in a breakup but I've got to say that the one that gave me a true sense of relief was the berth el pup story breakup.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I'm glad that a lot of these stories ended in a breakup but I've got to say that the one that gave me a true sense of relief was the berth el pup story breakup.

I thought we never got official confirmation on breakup, just that they had postponed the wedding.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Could someone please explain what it means to prep a bull? Do you, like, oil him up or something?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

artsy fartsy posted:

Could someone please explain what it means to prep a bull? Do you, like, oil him up or something?

In a manner of speaking, yes.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I read that thread on Reddit independent of this one. Glad it's has a big impact at this Reddit offsite.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Me [39F] with my daughter's [8F] step-mom [26F]: She gifted my daughter lingerie for Christmas.
This Christmas it was my ex-husband's [37M] turn to have our daughter for the holidays. My husband is re-married to [26F] and I have always been very civil and friendly towards my daughter's step-mom.

My daughter came back to my house today and she was showing me the gifts that she got to open at her dad's house. One of the items was a piece of lingerie (stockings, garter belt, corset, and thong set). I asked her who gifted that to her and she said "it was from 'Lisa' (step-mom)".

I am extremely angry. I do not think lingerie is appropriate for an 8 year old girl. I took the lingerie from my daughter and told her this wasn't age appropriate for her. My daughter also didn't fully understand what the items were (ex. the garter belt). I want to confront my ex-husband's wife about this inappropriate gift, but I am not sure how to go about doing this. Do I speak to my ex-husband about it? To his wife? Or am I blowing this out of proportion? I am not a prude by any means and I have no issue with lingerie, but I think this is a very inappropriate gift from a step-mom to an 8 year old. I also want to return the gifts to "Lisa", but my sister advised me against this and said it would be too hostile.

tl;dr: My [39F] daughter's [8F] step-mom [26F] gifted her lingerie for Christmas. I think this gift is inappropriate, and I am not sure how to proceed with confronting my ex-husband's wife.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What the gently caress?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Did this lady go to a midget lingerie shop or is the answer a lot more horrifying?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did this lady go to a midget lingerie shop or is the answer a lot more horrifying?

i think you have to special order from japan to get child's lingerie

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ... I'm so glad my family is mostly normal.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

quote:

StepMomConflictThrow [S] 16 points 43 minutes ago

The items were in the smallest size for adults.

That wouldn't fit an 8 year old though. She probably just did it to piss her off

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Maybe she's a really fat eight year old. I remember when some company, maybe Old Navy or Abercrombie, got in a ton of poo poo for making padded bikinis for small children.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Please let this one be revealed in a week to be another fake/social media experiment because ...

Meridian posted:

What the gently caress?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm finding it difficult to imagine that you can even buy lingerie for an 8-year old.

I'm thinking either some way off the wall poo poo went down with the step mom to acquire it, or the source is blowing up over something that's actually tame and definitely not lingerie and calling it "lingerie" as part of an overreaction.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm finding it difficult to imagine that you can even buy lingerie for an 8-year old.

I'm thinking either some way off the wall poo poo went down with the step mom to acquire it, or the source is blowing up over something that's actually tame and definitely not lingerie and calling it "lingerie" as part of an overreaction.

The op said it was XS size lingerie from Victoria's secret. Still... the only explanation that isn't horrifying is that the gift was intended for someone else and someone put the wrong tag on it or the kid decided to take it

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

How do we not have a red flag emoticon yet?

🇨🇳

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

gentle pete posted:

The op said it was XS size lingerie from Victoria's secret.

I guess maybe they have an Ariana Grande line?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

gentle pete posted:

The op said it was XS size lingerie from Victoria's secret. Still... the only explanation that isn't horrifying is that the gift was intended for someone else and someone put the wrong tag on it or the kid decided to take it

Story made it clear that it was intended for the kid, I thought. The sister thinking confronting step-mom about it and returning the gift is too aggressive is shameful.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
While I am an optimistic person at heart, I lose more faith in humanity by the day when I read about people buying lingerie sets for 8 year olds. :wtc:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chomp8645 posted:

I guess maybe they have an Ariana Grande line?

lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Reddit, my wife is sick told me numerous times that she wasn't getting me anything for Christmas and it turns out she was right. How dare she!

I (40) stayed up all night to make xmas happen alone because my wife (37) wasn't feeling well. Woke up to find out that I didn't have a single gift for the first time in my life

quote:

Sorry a bit long
Christmas is somewhat of a big deal in our house. We always seem to have fun with it despite whatever is going on in our lives.

My wife (of almost 20 years) mentioned a week before xmas that we shouldn't exchange gifts this year (we always exchange gifts and I already bought her several). I let her know that I wanted to give her some things and to just get me a token like a gift certificate from the grocery store if she was having trouble making a decision.

She then started saying things like "can't we just pretend like we are still poor and not get anything"? This confused me, because when we were poor, we would still get each other little things. We are in a better place financially than we have ever been. If anything this is the first Christmas where we don't have to pinch every penny to make it happen.

Over several days this continued. It started to feel odd and almost hurtful.

Xmas eve she wasn't feeling well and I ended up having to wrap everything and make Christmas happen for our kids alone. As I was doing this, out of nowhere she basically begged me not to give her anything the next day. She said it would make her feel guilty because she didn't get me anything. I told her that I didn't think it was right for her to ask me not to give her anything and that the kids would find it odd if neither of us had any gifts. At the time I didn't think it was that big a deal. I had to just power through to get it all completed. I was up until 4am getting everything done and was exhausted.

Well when the time came for presents I found out she was serious. She didn't even bother to help our kids get me a token gift. I felt gutted. I found out that the child in me isn't dead because I felt like a 8 year old that must have done something wrong. My son noticed and made a comment, but I just distracted him (which was easy considering the presents). I kept up appearances for the sake of my kids, but when I had the chance to disappear and nobody could see me, I couldn't stop myself from crying. I just wanted to hide. This lead to me feeling intensely alone (as I still do). She apologized, blaming the illness she has had for the last two days (and just trying to minimize it apparently).

I wasn't able to hide my disappointment from her and honestly I feel somewhat ridiculous that I let this get to me. Am I overreacting to feeling hurt by this?
TL;DR - Wife and I always exchange gifts, this year she decided she didn't want to buy me anything or help our kids with a gift (after almost 20 years together) and It hurt my feelings. Am I overreacting?

In the comments he never says what she has but just says her ailment is.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Little did she know, she had one more kid, 39 years ago.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol i like how her ex-husband married a 20 something.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Pick posted:

How do we not have a red flag emoticon yet?

How about something like this?

Flashy minus the background flash:

Or just the first one without any background:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

This thread frequently delivers stuff I can't even form an opinion on but can only respond to by shaking my head in a mix of confusion/sadness/horror/amusement and a bunch of those obscure German emotions all blended together.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Themata posted:

How about something like this?

Flashy minus the background flash:

Or just the first one without any background:

Can you make one that's just the little flag part? :shobon:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
People seem surprised about stepmom finding lingerie that would fit a child. If you have petite lines in smaller sizes, it's pretty tiny. What a horrifying thing to buy a child

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I could see if it was an XS from the VS Pink line it would fit a child. That stuff is marketed towards high school and college girls so it runs really small.

Still doesn't make it okay to buy an 8 year old wtf.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I used to work at a Victoria's Secret, and occasionally we would have someone come in and ask if we had anything in a child's size. The first time it happened, I thought they were joking, but they never were.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Pick posted:

Can you make one that's just the little flag part? :shobon:

?

?!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Bonzo posted:

Reddit, my wife is sick told me numerous times that she wasn't getting me anything for Christmas and it turns out she was right. How dare she!

I (40) stayed up all night to make xmas happen alone because my wife (37) wasn't feeling well. Woke up to find out that I didn't have a single gift for the first time in my life

In the comments he never says what she has but just says her ailment is.

Dang what a baby, I like that he got the kids into guilting her about it too

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Awwww yeah the little animated flag rocks and is easy to insert into lines of text

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Quick! Stop chatting about flags and find a reason to use one

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Ratjaculation posted:

ok

My girlfriend [19/F] threatens to kill herself every time I [22/M] want to break up.

quote:

We've been together for slightly over a year now, and I don't love her as much as I did before. She's controlling and bossy, and I can barely see a future with her anymore. I've brought up the topic of breaking up a couple of months ago, but she managed to talk me into giving it another shot and working things out together. We have tried many times but I'm losing faith and patience. I just don't see my future with her anymore. We've had talks about kids and marriage after university but I don't want to be controlled when it gets to that point and it's too late to turn back.

She used to pay for her meals but she has since stopped and expects me to pay for everything now. The last straw came yesterday on Christmas day. We had a gift exchange and she opened my present first. I got her a thermal flask and earphones. She didn't really look too pleased with it from her facial expression. During our previous argument about a couple days ago, she saw my message to a friend asking her to accompany me and help me pick out a gift for my girlfriend. My girlfriend said it wasn't necessary, not like my gift last year was very nice. I got her a polaroid camera for her birthday, and yesterday after she got her gift she said this gift doesn't compare to her birthday present. I said "do you expect every gift to be over $100?" And she said yes. I knew she was materialistic, but I didn't know she was that materialistic. After putting so much thought into her present, she said she expected more because it didn't cost over $100. Well, today I said I wanted to break up and she is threatening to kill herself again.

TL;DR: I don't see a future with my girlfriend of over a year anymore. I have asked for a breakup multiple times but she threatens to kill herself every time. At this point I am basically staying with her because I don't want her to kill herself. I don't know what to do anymore.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

My crazy ex who I've posted about before lied to people about me threatening to commit suicide if she broke up with me.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ratjaculation posted:

:flag:

Unnecessary posting, number 15, offense. Ten paragraph penalty and an automatic skip to the next page.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bonzo posted:

ok

My girlfriend [19/F] threatens to kill herself every time I [22/M] want to break up.

Thank you!

Easy solution, break up and call the police if she says she is going to kill herself. Maybe even record it.

Alternatively, stay forever!

And a good thermos is a great gift

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
This isn't going to top the suicide threat one as far as goes, but...

quote:

I (26f) have occasional insomnia my bf (26m) freaked out

I sometimes have insomnia. It ranges from getting little sleep to no sleep at all. Tonight I have been unable to sleep at all.

I've tried and tried with no success. My bf woke up and asked if I was okay. I responded with yes, everything is fine just haven't been able to sleep. He ended up freaking out about it and asking me what the hell I could have been doing all night? I responded with watching TV. Browsing reddit. He is irritated and annoyed. Just keeps saying he doesn't like it because he doesn't know what I've been up to.

When I asked what I could have possibly been doing or what he think I could have been doing to apparently disturb him so much he just gets annoyed..what the actual gently caress?

Tl;Dr bf got weird and annoyed when I could fall asleep

I really want to know what he thinks she's doing behind his back while he's asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Command Ant posted:

I really want to know what he thinks she's doing behind his back while he's asleep.

You better be asleep so I know you're not cheating on me or masturbating.