Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just need Tate to get 18 or less and I move on to the dreaded week 17 championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I'm down 81.46 to 84.56 in the championship right now. I have Ezekiel Elliott playing tonight and the guy I'm playing has Dez playing. I hope to god they don't take out Elliott early (or keep him from playing at all) to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I'm down 81.46 to 84.56 in the championship right now. I have Ezekiel Elliott playing tonight and the guy I'm playing has Dez playing. I hope to god they don't take out Elliott early (or keep him from playing at all) to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

Sit them both imo, and let Romo play tonight so he can feel like he earned it just a little bit when they win the SB

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey spergs, did you use BeerSheets and win money? Then you're morally obligated to donate to the charity league. Otherwise the fantasy gods will spite you with a future full of lost seasons and first week injuries. Don't risk fate! Do the right thing!

axelord posted:

drat looking at the scoring for standard

RB1: David Johnson 323pts

WR1: Jordy/AB 201pts

I'm guessing a whole lot less of 0 RB next year

I'm expecting a huge backlash towards RB this year, especially with so many bona-fide stud candidates. I think Ezekial Elliott, David Johnson, and LeVeon Bell will be the first three players taken off of each board.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I used beersheets and lost out on making the money to a guy who didn't pay attention to his team, a guy who shits himself when he drinks, and a multimillionaire that decided to put up 190 points randomly this week in a third place game.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Everything coming out of Dallas is that they will not rest starters. "Coach speak" yada yada, but that's what they're claiming. Maybe that changes if they are up by 3TDs at halftime but who knows.

Which sucks because I really need Dez to do jack poo poo tonight.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

I used beersheets and lost out on making the money to a guy who didn't pay attention to his team, a guy who shits himself when he drinks, and a multimillionaire that decided to put up 190 points randomly this week in a third place game.

So I guess that means you didn't donate last year?

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Felter Chesthard posted:

Started Rawls over Watkins and projected to come up about 4 points short. Come on Dez and Leveon.

Update: I also had Kelce and was expecting a modest 12-14 PPR points against that Denver D but he had other plans so I am up by 4 with Dez tonight and my opponent is done.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So I guess that means you didn't donate last year?

I used beer sheets last year and ended up in 13th place out of 14 because I was sick as a dog and drafted like a moron

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
My team was #1 in my league, and #1 in points scored by almost 8% over the 2nd most scoring team. But in the playoffs, a mostly bad Derek Carr (5 points, 11 points, 28 points) and an absent Julio Jones (0, 0, 8) almost cost me my season.

I was basically willed to my playoff victories solely on the performances of Le'Veon Bell (55, 16, 29 points in the playoffs) and LeSean McCoy (19, 32, 25). I went up against the #2 score of the week in my playoff games but managed the #1 score each week thanks to these guys.

I am already preparing for four of the first five picks of next year's Draft to be RBs.

Also, I am donating for whatever small part BeerSheets may have played in my victory this year, because the last thing you want to do is anger the fantasy football gods.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Im up 90.36 to 60.90 against Dak, Dez, D Bailey, and Dallas D. Basically gently caress the cowboys like always. Hope they choke.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
So I just need Dak, Zeke, and Ebron to score less than 8 points

:smith:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Well, despite having the second worst scoring week of my season, I managed to pull out the win by 2 points and net $300. Welcome to the long dark offseason.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gorman Thomas posted:

Welcome to the long dark offseason.

Or join a dynasty league or two!

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Help me Matt Stafford, you're my only hope.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Part 2/2 of finals, I had a 50 point lead going in to it so all I had to do was not completely blow it...

Rodgers, DJ, Shady and co. instead put up the single highest scoring week of this season and I nearly doubled my opponents score to get my first championship. :smugdog:

e: Julio was my lowest scoring player this week. Scrub.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
JStew gave me a nice week here and there and so did Olsen but man I think I'm done trusting any Panthers players until they revamp their line

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Spent 60+ fake dollars on DJ and he helped me win 200 real dollars

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Teeter posted:

Part 2/2 of finals, I had a 50 point lead going in to it so all I had to do was not completely blow it...

Rodgers, DJ, Shady and co. instead put up the single highest scoring week of this season and I nearly doubled my opponents score to get my first championship. :smugdog:

e: Julio was my lowest scoring player this week. Scrub.

Good god did you lose this year?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Santheb posted:

Good god did you lose this year?

10-2, with one of those losses by 1 pt. It's a keeper league that I bombed last year (2-10) and made up for it by taking it to the opposite extreme this time around.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RVProfootballer posted:

Or join a dynasty league or two!

I masochistically love the fantasy season. But I also thank god when it is over and I can go back to leading a normal life where I don't tilt out of control several days a week and spend all my time listening to stupid fantasy podcasts. And ya know, just watch football games without caring who gets how many yards and who scores the TDs.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I masochistically love the fantasy season. But I also thank god when it is over and I can go back to leading a normal life where I don't tilt out of control several days a week and spend all my time listening to stupid fantasy podcasts. And ya know, just watch football games without caring who gets how many yards and who scores the TDs.

I agree with this. Watching the NFL playoffs (especially when your team isnt in them) is so much more fun and easier to enjoy than the fantasy playoffs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

For whatever reason Lisa Ann has a fantasy football thing on my local sports station

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zeke :unsmith:

Thank you for carrying me to the championship, Zeke/Shady

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 27, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Zeke :unsmith:

Thank you for carrying me to the championship, Zeke/Shady

I'm the Paul Newman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_4Sx5NtOPM

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
gently caress you Dez

I'm hoping now they just keep it on the ground to run the clock.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zeke is the greatest and I wish this was a keeper league

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Just lost on that last Dez TD unless Witten somehow scores like a 70 yard TD on a broken play. :rip: :guinness:

Darius Slay picked a lovely day to be dead.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 27, 2016

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Down by 11.02 in the championship...still have Zeke and Bailey playing. And Zeke hasn't been out in a bit...

Thought it was my year, made some lineup mistakes this week that bit me in the rear end.

A 41 yard Zeke TD with the one point after would win it for me. Minus 10 yards for every point scored by Bailey...

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Need 11 more points from Dez

:shepface:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Man I had already pretty much locked up the win tonight but having dez throw a td to witten (both on my team) was a pretty funny way to drive the victory home. Fantasy football owns.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
My ideal lineup would have won me this championship. gently caress everything. I hate fantasy football so much. At least the Cowboys are going to win this game.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
just won my championship with this lineup

$600 right loving there. holy loving poo poo.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Winning the championship with the highest points of the season, against the #1 team that trounced everybody but you all year is the best. A whole year of talking poo poo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress. Had I gotten two more points last week I would have been the champion.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Just realized I won despite my gently caress up with Britt and Thielen because my opponent benched Ajayi for Ware. :lol:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Even my optimal roster would have lost, so I can't feel too too bad. I saw this coming as my non-DJ RBs started to fall off and my WRs never really came on with regularity.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Alright I'm in to my week 17 championship! And I beat my jackass arch rival to get there.

Anybody else in a week 17 game?

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Ended up winning by 10 but zeke scared the poo poo out of me. 2 championships out of 3 isn't bad. Thanks y'all for the advice definitely played a big role in dominating one league and winning another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress. Had I gotten two more points last week I would have been the champion.

I've had a bunch of these and they are the worst. Lose in the semis and then your team outscores either finalist by like 40 the next week. Goondolences.

• Locked thread