Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
https://streamable.com/13xlh

So what do you guys think about this? He's drifting toward the baseline which makes it a justifiable block in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

chunkles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH-91WggqxE

All the glory and fame for Kristaps while living in America

im the guy at 1:50 front and center

Bashez posted:

So what do you guys think about this? He's drifting toward the baseline which makes it a justifiable block in my opinion. I'd prefer a no call though.

he left his feet in the restricted zone and also drifted so it's a foul get hosed draymond

e: somewhere roy hibbert is shaking his head and saying 'that's not verticality'

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 26, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Bashez posted:

So what do you guys think about this? He's drifting toward the baseline which makes it a justifiable block in my opinion.
draymond is dumb

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

That moment when you check the scoreboard /time and see a grown up throwing a hissy fit in a 4-2 game

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

The other issue I have with it is that he's so late to the spot that you can barely tell if he's moving or not. If he's that late it should probably be a foul whether he goes straight up or not. He also bends his arms and I believe that's a foul even if they don't make contact, but that's not normally called that way.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

im the guy at 1:50 front and center

he left his feet in the restricted zone and also drifted so it's a foul get hosed draymond

e: somewhere roy hibbert is shaking his head and saying 'that's not verticality'

what does that have to do with anything?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Dutchy posted:

what does that have to do with anything?

Nothing.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bashez posted:

That's a terrible call.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It means everything because Draymond is a bitch. Good call

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BWV posted:

That moment when you check the scoreboard /time and see a grown up throwing a hissy fit in a 4-2 game

Dray's been getting targeted by refs all season I think he's reaching a breaking point. Like that wasn't a foul at all.

Oh well, gently caress him.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Doltos posted:

Dray's been getting targeted by refs all season I think he's reaching a breaking point. Like that wasn't a foul at all.

also that was his second foul

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

He jumps into Liggins. That is the foul. You cannot move forward in your jump. You may move backwards, but not fowards. Or sideways.

e: also the arms foward makes it a blocking foul

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Doltos posted:

I disagree, I think it was a foul.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It is silly to be that incensed about a ref calling a foul when there is a whole lot of contact at the rim, to the point that you're giving up a free point and putting yourself at risk of ejection if you throw another fit (or as you continue to throw the same fit)

He didn't get ejected, and in the grand scheme of things 1 point probably isn't going to really impact the outcome of the game, but st-

oh right

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
His punishment should be playing for the minimum

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
His punishment should be playing for the maximum.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

might go see Spurs Blazers in San Antonio with my girlfriend. Any SA recommendations regarding what to do in SA?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
At least the Christmas games were good. Usually there are a bunch of blowouts

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

might go see Spurs Blazers in San Antonio with my girlfriend. Any SA recommendations regarding what to do in SA?

Churros

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The River Walk boat tour is cheap and pretty. Lulu's has great chicken fried steak and giant 4lb cinnamon rolls. There is also the Alamo. Really, the historical district in downtown is great to spend an afternoon strolling down and browsing the different stores. There's a Ripley's Believe It or Not and some other stuff, too.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

post on something awufl

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
My only experience there was with PAX South earlier this year and I had a friend bring me different places.

I remember there being a great Mexican breakfast place but don't remember the name. It was not in downtown, though. It was your normal sit down kind of restaurant that also happened to have a drive thru.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

His punishment should be playing for the maximum.

In phoenix

E: also chalk me up to team "that's totally a foul"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hate Draymond Green just as much as the next guy but:

He occupied the spot first and went straight up. No foul.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Doltos posted:

spreading your legs and making contact of the body to someone isn't going straight up. i thought it was 50/50 but who the gently caress cares a random call that happens over 9000 times a game shouldn't go under the microscope because a sperg freaked out

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Doltos posted:

I have two thoughts:

1. He doesn't jump straight up at all. He lands about two feet to the left of where he jumps from which makes it a foul.

2. Man, who cares. If that's the hill you are trying to die on as a player then you need a loving sports psychologist to help you work on your dang rage issues

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Doltos posted:

Nah it's a foul.

quote:

Maintain a vertical trajectory by jumping straight up. If the player jumps toward or to the side of an oncoming player, he will be assessed a blocking foul. A player may, however, angle his jump backwards slightly in such a way as to absorb the impact of the oncoming player, and of course, he may land behind where he leapt from because of the force of the contact.

Maintain vertical alignment, with his body (arms, hands, torso, legs and feet) in a nearly straight line that is perpendicular to the floor. If a player leans his arms forward or “jackknifes” his legs toward the oncoming offensive player, he will be assessed a blocking foul.

http://official.nba.com/nba-rule-authority-restricted-area-and-verticality-plays

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just got home and watched last night's game. That was some good rear end basketball.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Do refs actually target Draymomd ? He averages 3 fouls per game which seems reasonable considering his minutes, his role on D, how aggressive he is, and the fact that the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Why was OKC versus Minnesota a Christmas game?

It was supposed to be OKC and Russ like scrooge seeing a vision of christmas past in the T-Wolves, but instead Kanter dimed up Alex Abrines a few times; god bless us, everyone.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If there is a person who should ever get the benefit of the doubt, it's definitely not noted serial dick kicker Draymond loving green

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Haven't been able to post much but

THAT CAVS WIN my sis and dad and I were all rapt in the last few minutes. Glory to Him and His Son

Also it's fun figuring out who answered what in the poll. Golly & Holly, what a good thread

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Realtalk it's a lot of fun watching these two teams go at it even as someone who prefers GSW's style.

Paul Zuvella posted:

If there is a person who should ever get the benefit of the doubt, it's definitely not noted serial dick kicker Draymond loving green

Some dicks need to be kicked. Maybe you should get with it.

Like, when lebron taunts you and then you kick him in the dick for it its a very bitchmade move to give draymond a tech there.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
That gap between Jazz and Kings....

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
ESPN has an article on how Kyrie Irving got a white woman sex boat:

quote:

"I'm naturally an Alpha," Irving told ESPN.com in a wide-ranging interview during a preview event for his new Nike sneaker, the Kyrie 3, on a gray Sunday afternoon in late November. "I know I am. I know I am. I have that type of personality but I also understood coming to this team, I couldn't be all of what I envision myself being in terms of taking control."

"Whether it be people being scared of what other people are going to think or scared of what the outcome will be -- the unknown is always scary for people," Irving explains. "I get it. But for me, I wanted to put it out to not only people that support me but just people who understand life. Not just to the game of basketball. Fear isn't real. It's just a product of our imagination. We're thinking about scenarios and we just end up scaring ourselves from opportunities. For me, it was just about always furthering self-awareness, self-acceptance, being better for myself so I can be better for the world. That was the most important thing. And fear was stopping me.

"It was always thinking about what people were going to say. What people were going to think about me afterwards and me making my decisions. If you live your life based on that, you drive yourself crazy. You're trying to be better for other people, rather than be better for yourself. So, that was a big, big thing for me to express that message that this is a guy over here -- I'm very flawed. I make mistakes all the time. But I'm not afraid to make those mistakes or be flawed. So, that fear is all gone. I'm not afraid of almost any situation or anything that I'm in. I feel like as I continue to prepare as a man for life, then I'll be prepared for anything."

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Draymond Green took a women's self defense course at the Y and this will not be resolved until his mom kicks his rear end in front of the whole neighborhood

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/vlade_dibac/status/813095682592612353

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

EvanTH posted:

Draymond Green took a women's self defense course at the Y and this will not be resolved until his mom kicks his rear end in front of the whole neighborhood

So you're saying Draymond's rage issues stem from never fulfilling his dream of being a prop comic?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Look at RJeff's stupid loving tattoo:

ChickenMedium posted:

So you're saying Draymond's rage issues stem from never fulfilling his dream of being a prop comic?

My point is that you can't have your boy going around kicking people in their testicles.

This is the belt line. You always hit above. NEVER below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bashez posted:

He jumps straight up and only gets moved out of vertical by Lebron's momentum, but he only arrives a split second before Lebron gets to the spot, he was a long stride away before the jump, so I can see Lebron getting the benefit of the doubt in real time, because he's Lebron and that's just what happens. I can't see an honest ref review calling it a foul though

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 26, 2016

• Locked thread