Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

fknlo posted:

I might have averaged mid 30's lifetime on the TDI? I got the advertised 42mpg exactly twice. Never higher. 85k miles over 4.5 years. I'm not exactly a gentle driver in the city but a huge chunk of those were on the highway. To be fair, the roof rack easily steals an mpg or two. My worst highway tank ever was 27mpg with the car full of people and our gear and the roof rack with a ski attachment with boards/skis, and a 30 or so mile per hour headwind.

There are obviously different things that could seriously affect your economy - the rack certainly didn't help you. I had a manual, which was a big help, and saw significant increases in mileage when I dropped the Contis I had and replaced them with Pirelli Cinturato P7s. I went from 38-ish to 42+ with them - just highway driving would net me 47-48mpg (once I hit 53mpg, though I could never repeat that.)

Also, this is all at 65-80mph highway speeds, so even with a lead foot, I was getting excellent mileage.

Oh, and I got an email stating that VW had paid me - I have to confirm my routing info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Ill chime in, I got much better real world mileage numbers in my Passat TDI than what is being posted here. Normal driving, mostly city I was getting about 34. I do a once a year drive from Virginia to Maine, right about 1,000 miles, and on that trip I get for real 49 mpg. Combined with the huge tank it was pretty great to get all the way into the state of Maine before having to stop to fuel up.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Per jalopnik, the judge preciding over the case said dont gently caress with your tdis. Not surprised in the least, dont f with people that have alot of attorneys.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Yeah, that whole "pull off all the doors" stunt seemed a little too cute to actually work.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Dropped off and done in less than 15 minutes! :boom::boom::boom:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Well 24 hours later I still haven't seen my email from VW/Chase with my money :allears:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Its been nearly 45 days getting to step 16 is anyone else waiting that long, i have vw credit.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
I'm still waiting too. An old coworker just turned her Jetta in too! I don't get it.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

The tin foil hat in me wants to think they will drag their feet on vw credit apps to keep collecting that interest and cash flow. But who knows

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
It could be tin foil hat time in some cases. I think they may have taken our vehicle history into account. They already had to do the HPFP replacement, they know we have a bad transmission because I emailed every board member I could find a name for online. Why wouldn't they make us tack on some more miles and put us in a lower bracket. Or two brackets lower even.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Kramdar posted:

It could be tin foil hat time in some cases. I think they may have taken our vehicle history into account. They already had to do the HPFP replacement, they know we have a bad transmission because I emailed every board member I could find a name for online. Why wouldn't they make us tack on some more miles and put us in a lower bracket. Or two brackets lower even.

you get 1k miles per month to burn

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Ya mine is a 15 so i have literally no history on it. It mostly bugs me because its sat for the last month and i have a lovely feeling its going to be a bitch to get running. Might just go out and put a brick on the gas pedal and let it bounce of the 2k limiter in park for 30 minutes.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Ya mine is a 15 so i have literally no history on it. It mostly bugs me because its sat for the last month and i have a lovely feeling its going to be a bitch to get running. Might just go out and put a brick on the gas pedal and let it bounce of the 2k limiter in park for 30 minutes.

Mine sat for 2 weeks. It started just fine but ran like complete poo poo until it warmed up. I'd go drive it around for a bit if I were you.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

fknlo posted:

Mine sat for 2 weeks. It started just fine but ran like complete poo poo until it warmed up. I'd go drive it around for a bit if I were you.

I should, i dont have insurance or registration on it tho. So maybe just up and down my driveway.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Its been nearly 45 days getting to step 16 is anyone else waiting that long, i have vw credit.

I am somewhere around that timeframe. I got the email about my documents being approved in early November. I do have a loan, but it is with BMO Harris.

My boss got his email at about the same time I did, and he got the offer during this week. He also had a loan, but I am not sure who it was with. He did say that he got his offer in a .pdf in the claims portal, and he got to the choose appointment step the same day he uploaded his notarized signature.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Well 45 days has come and gone, tried calling and the automated message says "We are just as confused as you we totally have no info", chat function does not work on phones or they keep disconnecting me after i ask about timelines. Dont know why i thought anything would change.

janitorx
May 3, 2002

I'm cuckoo for cocoa cocks!

BraveUlysses posted:

Well 24 hours later I still haven't seen my email from VW/Chase with my money :allears:

Took two days to get mine after I turned it in.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Well 45 days has come and gone, tried calling and the automated message says "We are just as confused as you we totally have no info", chat function does not work on phones or they keep disconnecting me after i ask about timelines. Dont know why i thought anything would change.

I'm almost at 20 days with no word since my documents got accepted. I'm in no huge rush, I just want the payment gone and to not be paying insurance on it any more. I'm going to Colorado in a week and I'd love to put the miles on it instead of my GTI but I'm terrified I'll wreck it and be out a ton of money.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

fknlo posted:

I'm almost at 20 days with no word since my documents got accepted. I'm in no huge rush, I just want the payment gone and to not be paying insurance on it any more. I'm going to Colorado in a week and I'd love to put the miles on it instead of my GTI but I'm terrified I'll wreck it and be out a ton of money.

I said gently caress it and dropped insurance, the car hasnt moved in two months and sits in my driveway.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I said gently caress it and dropped insurance, the car hasnt moved in two months and sits in my driveway.
I dropped mine to just fire/theft, costs about $90 a year and I can bump it back up to the full policy for the drive to the dealership. Two more days!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mine sits on the street in front of my house. Way too much poo poo can happen to drop insurance. If I get lucky someone will side swipe it for an insurance claim!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I received my deposit on the 23rd, three days after the turn-in. I didn't receive any notification form Chase, VW or my bank (which is weird) that the money had hit.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I finally got my offer letter today. I had received the documents approved email on 11/14.

I am glad that this will hopefully be done with in the next month or so.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

lightpole posted:

3.0 settlement reached but not much detail. Buy backs for the pre 2013s. Possibly fixes for the post if VW can give enough blowjobs to CARB and the EPA to somehow let can skate. Considering the 3.0s are the expensive ones, VW trying to nickel and dime those owners looks a little short sighted.

Are the Subaru Crosstreks any good? I still have no idea what I want.

We've got a 2012 3.0 in the "too old to fix" category... we bought it in April. Will they still buy it back from us since there's no fix?

When we bought it we thought the scandal was only the 2.0 engines... and maybe it was at the time. My memory is fuzzy on it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 3.0 buy back is specifically for the ones that can't be fixed.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

fknlo posted:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 3.0 buy back is specifically for the ones that can't be fixed.

Right... they only have one option for 2012s and older... buyback. We are just worried about timing of our purchase, if that even matters.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Got my VW money today, minus the last payment that i made on my loan which will probably take a few weeks to get back to me. Annoying but NBD cause I got my stack of cash :grin:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Krime posted:

Right... they only have one option for 2012s and older... buyback. We are just worried about timing of our purchase, if that even matters.

You split the punitive (as in not based on the current value of the vehicle) part of the settlement with the previous owner if it's anything like the 2.0 L arrangement, IIRC.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Question for those of you who did the electronic funds transfer instead of a check at the dealership. When did you actually provide your routing and account information to VW? I selected EFT, but I don't think I've received any paperwork or forms from VW to fill in that information. I'm assuming we just do it at the dealership, but I wanted to check with goons who have traveled the path.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Fishvilla posted:

Question for those of you who did the electronic funds transfer instead of a check at the dealership. When did you actually provide your routing and account information to VW? I selected EFT, but I don't think I've received any paperwork or forms from VW to fill in that information. I'm assuming we just do it at the dealership, but I wanted to check with goons who have traveled the path.

You get an email to your email account that you verify with the rep at the time of turn in from Chase Bank. It takes you to a portal where you verify the $$$ amount, and input your banking info. I'm waiting for the deposit to hit my account now.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fishvilla posted:

about 24hours after the drop off you should get an email from JP morgan / chase to sign up for a web portal that will allow you to input your bank info. it will take about 3 business days for non chase accounts to see the money after that is done.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Perfect - thanks for the info.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Got an email saying my state registration showing a purchase date of 8/29/2015 but plates issued on 10/5/15 is not conclusive that I owned the car before 9/15/2015. it took them 50 days to tell me this and they wont even tell me if I move to the back of the line now, the lady was completely unable to budge and kept saying i need to show prior registration (wtf there is none it was bought on 8/29/2015 from a loving VW dealership). gently caress this poo poo company forever.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Anyone here do a buyback with an outstanding loan? I turned my TDI in Friday, and got my $ from Chase yesterday. But, my loan is not yet paid off. I'm not gonna worry about it for another day or so, but just checking in to see how long that took for other people. Loan is with Bofa, so not VW and not chase.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Yeah I'm in the same boat on the outstanding loan thing, just got my statement from VW credit for January's payment...... hopefully it was generated before the turn in, and they won't just auto pull the payment, but VW so who knows. :sigh:

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Someone broke into my TDI last night. Back passenger window is smashed out. Since I don't want to sink any more money into it before turning it in do you think I could just drive it back that way?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Someone broke into my TDI last night. Back passenger window is smashed out. Since I don't want to sink any more money into it before turning it in do you think I could just drive it back that way?

Yes.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

emocrat posted:

Anyone here do a buyback with an outstanding loan? I turned my TDI in Friday, and got my $ from Chase yesterday. But, my loan is not yet paid off. I'm not gonna worry about it for another day or so, but just checking in to see how long that took for other people. Loan is with Bofa, so not VW and not chase.

Took about two weeks for my loan to show up as paid off through vwcredit

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Report it to the police and insurance, and get a copy of the reports, just to be safe. They won't turn you down, but it shows you probably didn't do it out of spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology

BraveUlysses posted:

Took about two weeks for my loan to show up as paid off through vwcredit

Good to know. Thanks.

• Locked thread