Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Should I get Sun or Moon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Don't really matter, but get Moon because the Moon is cooler than the Sun figuratively and literally.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Beastie posted:

PCJ: What are the expensive puzzle pieces for again?

I've been on a losing streak lately. I don't want to sound like an rear end but, the losses are not my fault. It usually boils down to lovely hands (three 8's in a row) or I got clocked by some lovely traffic jam and I'm now bounced to the rear.

What do you guys do when you are losing a bunch, retire the horse? Drugs?

Sometimes you just have to play out the string and hope you've given the horse enough stats that it will be helpful when you breed it. After Mature mode, three losses will immediately push the horse towards the farm.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Smol posted:

The internal clock in Moon is reversed so it'll be 6am in game if you're playing at 6pm and such if that matters to you.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Smol posted:

yes

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

quote:

Q: Why not Sun?
A: Because Pokemon Sun is a lot more inconsistent in areas. The most obvious ones are Dexio with confuse spam, which can waste like a minute if it goes well for him, and Totem Gumshoos has Super Fang which is very dangerous (and Totem Raticate only has Bite).

You also fight Parasect in Lush Jungle which has Spore and a bunch of stab life draining moves which makes it hard to kill.

Other than that, Solgaleo has a better movepool but has inconsistent accuracy on his moves making it much riskier to play with.

Q: Why the boy?
A: He is chosen to skip getting the Makeup Bag; only the girl recieves this key item, saving around 4 seconds.

The answer's quite clear.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Why doesn't the boy get a makeup bag?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gamefreak is sexist as hell

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Breadallelogram posted:

Gamefreak is sexist as hell

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's really weird how nidoranz had male / female dimorphism a generation before any other pokes it's never sat well with me. I don't really understand why they didn't just merge the two in Gen2

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

well why not posted:

It's really weird how nidoranz had male / female dimorphism a generation before any other pokes it's never sat well with me. I don't really understand why they didn't just merge the two in Gen2

Backwards compatibility.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I bought one of those black Friday new Nintendo 3DS for $99 and it is NOT the XL edition

Of course I've already lost the stylus. Went in to GameStop to buy a replacement and couldn't find anything explicitly labeled for NEW Nintendo 3DS.

Is there a compatible stylus or do I need to order a replacement from Japan or what

Also I'd like to order a glow in the dark, or at least white one. Black stylus seems designed to be lost immediately.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Smol posted:

Sun has icy Vulpix and a badass fire cannon dragon

Moon has icy Sandshrew and a badass dopey grandpa dragon

the choice is yours

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Unless you trade you literally get your cool ice pokes two feet away from the elite four though.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

You can get the ice pokes sooner. They are in the grass outside of the pokecenter where they are building the league.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Hadlock posted:

I bought one of those black Friday new Nintendo 3DS for $99 and it is NOT the XL edition

Of course I've already lost the stylus. Went in to GameStop to buy a replacement and couldn't find anything explicitly labeled for NEW Nintendo 3DS.

Is there a compatible stylus or do I need to order a replacement from Japan or what

Also I'd like to order a glow in the dark, or at least white one. Black stylus seems designed to be lost immediately.

Here you go: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat600790

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Thank you! I tried the Nintendo FAQ and the link they had didn't go there. This was the cheapest stylus I could find at $10. I ordered two, what a pain in the rear end. Apparently other than a couple of bundle deals, the non-XL new Nintendo DS has only been sold in a couple of bundle packs according to the Gamestop manager dude. The initial store associate had no idea what I was talking about.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Hadlock posted:

Thank you! I tried the Nintendo FAQ and the link they had didn't go there. This was the cheapest stylus I could find at $10. I ordered two, what a pain in the rear end. Apparently other than a couple of bundle deals, the non-XL new Nintendo DS has only been sold in a couple of bundle packs according to the Gamestop manager dude. The initial store associate had no idea what I was talking about.

Yeah, that's going to be a thing. Accessories for the non-XL N3DS are not really readily available in NA. Sorta sucks. Nintendo didn't plan to release it here until much customer interest they've only released them here in "limited" fashions and it sucks.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hadlock posted:

Non-XL N3DS stuff is like impossible to find in the US. Might as well pick one/some off of Amazon.

Farali
Feb 18, 2012
How can you tell if your game or save data is corrupted? My digital copy of Monster Hunter Generations keeps crashing and I'm not sure whether to redownload the game or the save data.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Farali posted:

How can you tell if your game or save data is corrupted? My digital copy of Monster Hunter Generations keeps crashing and I'm not sure whether to redownload the game or the save data.

Use a userland exploit to export the save data. Delete the game and reinstall. Try to run it. If it works, try importing the save again. If it crashes, it's probably the save.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Farali posted:

You can "repair" your copy by going to the games eShop page and selecting the option to repair. Hopefully that'll help.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

JetpackHowwy posted:

You can get the ice pokes sooner.

Not if it's Crabominable :argh:

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Waiting for the 3DS XL stock to resupply on Amazon so I can grab one with my gift cards. Nintendo really isn't good at keeping up with demand. :colbert:

zaepg fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 26, 2016

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What is the maximum size micro SD card my N3DS can read? 64gb?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

obi_ant posted:

What is the maximum size micro SD card my N3DS can read? 64gb?

They'll take bigger (I've got a 128 in mine), but you may have to format it in a weird way. If I remember, it has to be FAT32, but you might need a certain program to get it that way.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

They'll take bigger (I've got a 128 in mine), but you may have to format it in a weird way. If I remember, it has to be FAT32, but you might need a certain program to get it that way.

Yeah.

The catch is that the 3DS only understands FAT32, and the official SD card spec says that cards bigger than 32GB must be formatted to exFAT. Well behaved formatters like the one built into Windows will refuse to format them to FAT32.

But FAT32 does technically support >32GB volumes so you can use a tool like guiformat to do it regardless of what the spec says :)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone happen to know if Super Mario Run saves your game online? Wanted to reinstall iOS but don't wanna lose my stuff.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

enojy posted:

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone happen to know if Super Mario Run saves your game online? Wanted to reinstall iOS but don't wanna lose my stuff.

I think it says everything is tied to your Nintendo account once you link it and/or buy it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, Target has Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D for $15: http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-selects-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-time-3d-3ds/-/A-50662793

EDIT: Amazon, too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AC3ZDCE

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Several new 3DS hacks are getting announced right now at some conference.

https://twitter.com/derrekr6

This guy seems to be the one announcing them. Looks like they hacked the sound app.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Fetus posted:

I think it says everything is tied to your Nintendo account once you link it and/or buy it.

Truth! Thanks. Everything was just as I left it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Holy crap, this thread went to page 5.

Anyway, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is on sale for :20bux:
In fact, there's a nice Capcom sale going on right now.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
:lol: if you don't use User Control Panel to track threads

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I post in the top thread in Games every 25 minutes

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

:lol: if you don't use User Control Panel to track threads

I do on the Awful app.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anyway, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is on sale for :20bux:
In fact, there's a nice Capcom sale going on right now.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

Is the dlc for Spirit of Justice on sale?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BisterdDave posted:

Is the dlc for Spirit of Justice on sale?

I didn't see it. Then I saw that I had already bought the game months ago. Didn't even know there was DLC.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

I didn't see it. Then I saw that I had already bought the game months ago. Didn't even know there was DLC.

It's purchase through the Extras menu of the game itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What is in the DLC?