Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

WickedHate posted:

It's like if Superman got all his powers naturally except for needing a Kryptonian gravity belt to fly.

This only seems weird because you have a specific history of the character you are assuming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
With organic webbing it doesn't make as much sense to run out at a crucial moment.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

joehonkie posted:

This only seems weird because you have a specific history of the character you are assuming.

The fact that I find it strange with Spider-Man tells me I would find it strange if that was the case for Superman. Like, I'm pretty sure most people with casual knowlege of Spider-Man just assumed spider powers included the webbing even before the Rami movies.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

This isn't getting enough love.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

My husband and I are laughing way longer than we should at this . :golfclap:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WickedHate posted:

I never understood why the web shooters weren't organic to begin with. I mean, pro vs cons it all you want, what I mean is I don't get why Stan/Ditko/whoever made the decision to have this secondary origin for a subset of his powers. It's like if Superman got all his powers naturally except for needing a Kryptonian gravity belt to fly.

The reason why is to give emphasis and focus to the fact that Peter is a nerdy tech genius. A good portion of early Spider-Man comics involved him manipulating his webbing in different ways, changing the formula, running out of it because he was broke, ect. It gives him a strength and weakness rolled into one.

That said, yes, organic webbing makes more sense and if you're doing a movie origin it flows more naturally. Amazing Spider-Man tried to 'explain' it in-universe and it just felt weird and convoluted.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

These Loss edits are getting very abstract.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Syncopated posted:

They liked the scene where Spidey pulls an angry raccoon out of a spaceship so much they drew it twice.

Some people don't get Sunday papers and some only get Sunday papers, so they repeat things so that there's narrative continuity (such as it is) even if you read only one or the other, and also even if you occasionally skip a day.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Bongo Bill posted:

Some people don't get Sunday papers and some only get Sunday papers, so they repeat things so that there's narrative continuity (such as it is) even if you read only one or the other, and also even if you occasionally skip a day.

Also, "every Newspaper Spiderman is somebody's first Newspaper Spiderman."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bongo Bill posted:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

he was broke, ect

Where the heck did this "ect" thing come from?

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Ferrule posted:

Also, "every Newspaper Spiderman is somebody's first Newspaper Spiderman."
Yeah. They're so good at this that it often feels like it's Spider-Man's first Newspaper Spider-Man, too. ("Oh no, I went to the doctor for an exam, but I'm wearing my costume under my clothes!" :downs:)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ColdPie posted:

It was a typo of etc, I assumed that was fairly obvious.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

ColdPie posted:

It's short for "EC Tetra", a type of milk carton.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Woebin posted:

It's short for "EC Tetra", a type of milk carton.

This thread is for Newspaper Spider-Man not 60's Batman.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Annoyed MJ Face has a new pal!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love his horrifying pirahna teeth

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Juvenile or not, I laughed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man. Newspaper Rocket Raccoon is really freaky looking.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
This storyline's whole thread version is my current favorite thing.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Okay so it is super tiny...

It's baby groot and rocket!

Man Peter really is a nerd. Alien life comes crashing down to Earth and the first thing he does is try to hump its ship.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

evilmiera posted:

Man Peter really is a nerd. Alien life comes crashing down to Earth and the first thing he does is try to hump its ship.

My dick also goes SKRAKK when I cum.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Choco1980 posted:

My dick also goes SKRAKK when I cum.

You should probably see a doctor about that

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

You should probably see a doctor about that

There's a lot of reasons I should probably see a doctor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP spiderman

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how did he escape from being held on top of an open hand???? also, pretty safe bet that gun is traced from something and that future strips will use tracings of different sci fi guns.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He slipped loose from my grasp! If only I had the power to stick to things!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At least he doesnt want MJ as QUEEN OF SPACE. Well, until he feeds him some garbage to calm him down.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Synthbuttrange posted:

At least he doesnt want MJ as QUEEN OF SPACE. Well, until he feeds him some garbage to calm him down.

Why would he want a Queen of Space? His name is Little King Trashmouth, and he's gay.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is Rocket not knowing the word "Raccoon" something that was in the Guardians comics, originally? Seems odd since he usually gets called Rocket Raccoon, though the movie also shortened it to Rocket.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah originally he was an uplifted raccoon and he knows what the hell they are.

Its just a thing that comes from Bendis/movies now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

how did he escape from being held on top of an open hand???? also, pretty safe bet that gun is traced from something and that future strips will use tracings of different sci fi guns.

That would fit pretty well with him carrying an endless arsenal of weapons.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I thought he was an uplifted raccoon in the movie, not an alien, but I looked it up, and apparently his Alien NotRaccoon people also have only animal intelligence, so it's both.

Okay, sure.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Look out MJ!", he yells as she shoves him out of the way.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Look out MJ!", he yells as she shoves him out of the way.

Well yeah, she's shoving him for some reason. It must be an accident.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Well yeah, she's shoving him for some reason. It must be an accident.

I think the intent was for him to be grabbing her and diving away.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

flosofl posted:

I think the intent was for him to be grabbing her and diving away.

You believe that, I choose to believe he just doesn't understand why she's shoving him.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
So Rocket is a psychopath who shoots people for not knowing his name? Clearly the good guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Newspaper Rocket looks horrifying. His little teeth, man.

• Locked thread