Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Make that $66 - I pre-bid 10 pts. ($100) for this week's matchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
You're 1 minute too late, sir. :colbert:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
If the rule is before kickoff, I got it with a couple mins to spare. If it's listed start time, I did not.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Hah, it's fine. I checked the thread probably seconds before you posted to see if I had missed a pre-bid snipe. Didn't really think about the actual kickoff.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacejung posted:

If the rule is before kickoff, I got it with a couple mins to spare. If it's listed start time, I did not.

The OP says "start" of a game, which was 8:25. Same way ESPN works.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I don't remember if it was last year or 2 years ago, but I was definitely involved in one where it was "official" time, but before actual kickoff time.

Memory is a bitch - but I seem to recall that it was ok and went through.

Regardless of the decision - it should definitely be determined before first kickoff on Sunday.

My vote is that it's OK - as little as that does and should matter.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Would it help if we could say things like: I'll match the pre-bid if my opponent calls one or I'll out-cheat my opponent if he tries?

It might take the fun out of some of it, but at least no one will bid/cheat while the kicker is running towards the ball for the kickoff or anything like that. Or at 8:24:59.

That said, though, I wouldn't have matched spacejung's pre-bid even if I had seen it on time. I just called him out a bit because I checked at 8:25 sharp and didn't see anything. :D

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's at official time because then everyone can look at the SA thread and see that at 8:24 someone cheated but at 8:25 OH poo poo TOO LATE. Plus it makes sniping wars interesting.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I remember when I wasn't poo poo at fantasy football sitting and waiting for my clock to hit 5:24:45 to submit last year.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
63$ that I owe.
100$ pre-bid for this week.
272$ cheating to put the W just out of reach of spacejung.
65$ in leftover FA money.

for a total of $500 or 50 freedom dollars coming your way.

All this so I can try to knock you out of the playoffs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I take your $100 pre-bid and counter-bid $1000.

:getin:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
All right so assuming

internet inc posted:

272$ cheating to put the W just out of reach of spacejung.

lands you at 160.8 + 27.2 = 188.0, then I can...

Kirk Cousins (16) to Matt Ryan (21.5) = 5.5
Spencer Ware (6.8) to Jonathan Stewart (12.6) = 5.8
Tyrell Williams (9.3) Sammy Watkins (13.4) = 4.1
Doug Baldwin (7.6) to Davante Adams (18.4) = 10.8

and then...

Calais Campbell (10.5) to Malcolm Smith (10.5) = 0
Carlos Dunlap (1.5) to Calais Campbell (10.5) = 9

and then...

Frank Gore (15.9) to Tyreek Hill (21.3) = 5.4
Ezekiel Elliott (10.7) to Frank Gore (15.9) = 5.2

for a grand total of 45.8, for $458

That raises my score from 146.4 to 192.2, beating your 188.0 with a 4.2 pt. margin in case of any Stat Corrections that aren't published yet.

After all this, my FAAB is $305 incorporating donations today and 5 days ago ($30 each). Please edit me to that figure when you can. Details below:

code:
+$250 STARTING BANKROLL
+$1900 DONATIONS
-$300 PRE-BID CHEATING
-$956 START/SIT CHEATING 
-$589 SPENT ON WAIVERS

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

spacejung posted:

All right so assuming

lands you at 160.8 + 27.2 = 188.0, then I can...

Kirk Cousins (16) to Matt Ryan (21.5) = 5.5
Spencer Ware (6.8) to Jonathan Stewart (12.6) = 5.8
Tyrell Williams (9.3) Sammy Watkins (13.4) = 4.1
Doug Baldwin (7.6) to Davante Adams (18.4) = 10.8

and then...

Calais Campbell (10.5) to Malcolm Smith (10.5) = 0
Carlos Dunlap (1.5) to Calais Campbell (10.5) = 9

and then...

Frank Gore (15.9) to Tyreek Hill (21.3) = 5.4
Ezekiel Elliott (10.7) to Frank Gore (15.9) = 5.2

for a grand total of 45.8, for $458

That raises my score from 146.4 to 192.2, beating your 188.0 with a 4.2 pt. margin in case of any Stat Corrections that aren't published yet.

After all this, my FAAB is $305 incorporating donations today and 5 days ago ($30 each). Please edit me to that figure when you can. Details below:

code:
+$250 STARTING BANKROLL
+$1900 DONATIONS
-$300 PRE-BID CHEATING
-$956 START/SIT CHEATING 
-$589 SPENT ON WAIVERS

Whaaaaaat you can swap positions around? :(

E: OP says you can. Guess I should learn to read because I could have beaten you by 5.9 points!

internet inc fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 16, 2016

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
With stats corrections and my 27.2 cheating it puts me at 191.5! :argh:

Also Beer don't bother changing my stats because I miscalculated anyway.

I think I meant to do:

Bort (15.6) for Wilson (5.5) = 10.1
Coleman (18.5) for Ingram (2.8) = 15.7
Ertz (16.2) for Crowder (4.7) = 11.5

for 37.3 total.

I'm trying to find a swap that gives me 27.2 but can't. That'll teach me to half-rear end my math.

internet inc fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 16, 2016

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
This game she is unkind. I hope that a player of your caliber returns to knock me or some other schmuck out at the last minute next year.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

spacejung posted:

This game she is unkind. I hope that a player of your caliber returns to knock me or some other schmuck out at the last minute next year.

You're too kind because I'm sitting here wishing stat corrections will somehow knock off that remaining 0.7 points.

Hats off to you sir, a winner and a gentleman.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Is it too late to prebid on my game if I didn't have any players play on Thursday?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

Is it too late to prebid on my game if I didn't have any players play on Thursday?

Yup.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

All good, I won anyway.

Who's gonna lose to me next week? Inc or Beer?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, I think I got last week's scores corrected? How much money do I need to add/take away for each person?

Cheating:

Luck (18.8) -> Dak (19.2) = $4
Crowell (2.8) -> Stewart (14.5) = $117
Cooper (3.3) -> Montgomery (29.3) = $260
Hilton (6) -> Jackson (14.6) = $86
Robertson (6) -> Whitehead (19) = $130
Wagner (7) -> Alexander (23) = $160

Total: $757 for 75.7 points for a total score of 220.3

Also pre-bid this week: $500.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 20, 2016

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay, I think I got last week's scores corrected? How much money do I need to add/take away for each person?

Cheating:

Well played. No matter what I can't match your pre-bid right? If I donated and matched the amount you could just up it to $600 right?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cheating:

I won last week's matchup.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

spacejung posted:

I won last week's matchup.

He did. The 37.3 adjustement is what I wanted to do but instead I wrote 27.2 and didn't fix it in time. :(

See you all next year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

Well played. No matter what I can't match your pre-bid right? If I donated and matched the amount you could just up it to $600 right?

You're more than welcome to donate enough money to offset the $7246 currently in my FAAB. :getin:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

internet inc posted:

He did. The 37.3 adjustement is what I wanted to do but instead I wrote 27.2 and didn't fix it in time. :(

See you all next year.

Ah, I see. You made the adjustment on Friday and not Thursday. Yup, I moved it around.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Holy poo poo, is this finally gonna be the year for beer?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Holy poo poo, is this finally gonna be the year for beer?

Man I hope so. After a crushing loss in my family league I could really use a pick-me-up. At least I'm guaranteed 33% of the pot! Right now it looks like the total will be around $3300 and the two charities will be The National Association of Mental Illness (Dallas Charter) and FIRST Robotics Team 3650.

Woohoo!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Remember that all of your scrub teams are the reason Skynet finally goes online. The end of humanity could've been avoided if we were all better at fantasy football.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Huh. Apparently adjusting previous scores doesn't change lineup if the games are running.

Suffice to say RisqueBarber you ARE playing against me this week. :getin:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh. Apparently adjusting previous scores doesn't change lineup if the games are running.

Suffice to say RisqueBarber you ARE playing against me this week. :getin:

I'm looking good so far!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Next year, we need to add IR slots and we need to figure out how to charge for it.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
While I'd love to charge for more - given the decrease in participation this year I'd as avoid it. Also it's pretty hard to regulate and manage.

Adding an IR slot and additional bench slots would increase cheating opportunities though and from my post before I think having these would maximise cheating opportunities - and therefore total money in the pool.

I made this post before around what I feel would have allowed the most cheating potential this year:

Aredna posted:

Next year, especially if we keep 10 (or stay under 12) teams, I would recommend we add bench spots to promote cheating. I know they'll all count as benches, but being able to have the following we really help week to week:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 LB
1 DL
1 DB
1 DP
1 K

For a total of 11 spots. I'd like to add an IR spot as well. I wouldn't have used it this year in this league, but I'm sure some would have liked it. With the added rule that if you game not moving players and have a player in an IR spot that ends up actually playing they are ineligible for cheating.

Would also argue for making minimum FFAB bid $10 FA since we multiplied everything by 10 to make fractional points easier. In a cheating league requiring a real $1 for a single waiver move is pretty reasonable still.

I love the IDP aspect - but either adding more benches to support it or changing back to team DEF will be the best for week to week cheating, and by extension donation, opportunities.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

I'm looking good so far!

Check my bench.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

While I'd love to charge for more - given the decrease in participation this year I'd as avoid it. Also it's pretty hard to regulate and manage.

Adding an IR slot and additional bench slots would increase cheating opportunities though and from my post before I think having these would maximise cheating opportunities - and therefore total money in the pool.

I made this post before around what I feel would have allowed the most cheating potential this year:

I love the IDP aspect - but either adding more benches to support it or changing back to team DEF will be the best for week to week cheating, and by extension donation, opportunities.

I am absolutely open to this. I may also think about dropping kickers to free up another bench spot.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Aredna posted:

Let's see how next year goes. But that would have the same function as what I proposed.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Sataere posted:

Let's see how next year goes. But that would have the same function as what I proposed.

Yeah. Removing kickers helps too. At minimum I think we should have 1 bench per type of starter.

Main idea is to have more benches to allow optional cheating.

Given some people are worried about money and we shrunk back to 10 teams it'll be easier to recruit more people if we try to keep the required amount as low as possible.

Making the IR spot cost money to use essentially makes it required unless you get lucky.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This week brought to you by Travis Kelce. :stare:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well RisqueBarber the good news is that you can shove Fletcher Cox into that final DP slot.

The bad news is that I can shove Joey Bosa into one of mine. :getin:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
RisqueBarber are these the guys you want to donate to: http://www.namidallas.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

RisqueBarber are these the guys you want to donate to: http://www.namidallas.org/

Yes sir.

• Locked thread