Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
2016 League Page
Donation Page
Financial Tracker

Cheating for Charity is a Fantasy Football League. Each team represents a charity that the member is playing for. At the end of the season the charity of the winning team gets two thirds of the winnings from the season and the runner up gets the remaining one third. No league fees or other expenses are taken from the pot. A key part of the game is to encourage additional donations by "cheating." This is done through three ways. First, the amount donated becomes your FAAB. Second, players can "pre-bid" to get bonus points before the Thursday game. Third, players can spend their FAAB to swap out poorly performing players from their bench.

Past Years
2015: $4482 for the Southern Poverty Law Center
2014: $1640 for the Harper College Speech & Theater, $820 for Illuminate Academy
2013: $518 for Minnesota Children's Hospital, $518 for Loma Linda University Medical Center

quote:

Draft: TBD

Offense: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1PK
Passing: 0.04 per yard, 4 per TD, -2 per Int, 2 per 2PC
Rushing: 0.1 per yard, 6 per TD, 2 per 2PC
Receiving: 0.5 PPR, 0.1 per yard, 6 per TD, 2 per 2PC

Defense: 1 DB, 1 LB, 1 DL, 3FLX
Fumble Recoveries: 2
Forced Fumble: 4
Interception Caught: 6
Pass Defensed: 2
Block Field Goal/Punt/Extra Point: 6
Tackle: 1.5
Tackle Assist: 1
Sacked QB: 4
Stuff: 2
Safety: 10
Int/Fumble Recovered TD: 6
Blocked Field Goal / Punt TD: 6

Miscellaneous
Fumble: -2

Kicking
PAT: 1
PAT Missed: -1
0-39 Yard FG: 3
40-49 Yard FG: 4
50+ Yard FG: 5
0-39 Yard FG Missed: -1

Bench: 8

Cheating
Every dollar donated gives $10 FAAB. Minimum $25 buy-in means everyone starts at $250 FAAB.

Open bids out of FAAB to determine draft order. Top bidding player gets first choice, second bidder gets second, etc.

Before the start of each Thursday night game, players may bid up for a bonus for that week at a cost of $1 per tenth of a point. Regardless of how much is bid, the maximum bonus you can get is 10 points more than your opponent.

After the games are over players may spend funds from their FAAB to swap out starters with high performing players from their bench. The cost of swapping a player out is the difference in points, with every tenth of a point costing $1. These changes must be declared before kickoff of the first game on Thursday. No, you cannot swap a low performing bench player for a high performing starter to add money to your FAAB. You can, however, swap players from your starting lineup to your bench multiple times in order to rearrange the players to maximize your score. In this case you would pay every time the starter was replaced by a bench player who scored more points. Because I can't edit rosters after each week the weekly score will instead be modified by the number of dollars spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Let's do this! Looking forward to actually drafting this year!

Much more open to Packers players this year, lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Champ by Cheating, Best Champ reporting for duty :911:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'll be in again assuming I can make draft time.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

In. Also, you will be paid for the other league by days end. My roster shall be trimmed also.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Four down, as many as we can fit to go.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
I'm out for this year. Finances can't support another run at the title.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Smarms posted:

Thanks for playing! There's always next year.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Thanks for hosting this great league Beer. I'd like to play again and I'll playing for The National Association of Mental Illness(dallas charter) https://www.namidallas.com

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

quote:

Miscellaneous
Fumble: -2

I assume this is Fumble Lost?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

I assume this is Fumble Lost?

Yes.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Smarms posted:

Sames. Sorry.

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004

Mee three :( best of luck everyone.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well going from twelve teams to six kind of sucks. Any ideas for getting more folks? I could open the league up to Reddit.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I'll ask a few of my friends who im in leagues with

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'd prefer no redditors, with all offense to redditors

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I get more than enough cash from donations so I'll throw this out there; if someone can't afford the $25 up front but still wants to play I'll cover it. All I ask is that you either drop a few bucks into the pot if you can, or pay it forward.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So where are we at with this?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I'm willing to take another crack at it, I was going to let my spot go but didn't anticipate you being short on managers.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

So where are we at with this?

We're going to play regardless. When should we draft?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Weekdays at night are good for me. Would prefer not weekends.

How many people do we have so far?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If we do it during the week I would prefer Wednesdays and Thursdays. They completely broke how my department works so I've worked 12 or more hours 5 of the last 6 Mondays/Tuesdays.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I assumed. How many confirmed in? Any way to update the OP with teams?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I would be down for some charity chugging of 4lokos and all that good stuff I've read about in the main thread. Would I have a shot at winning if I pay the initial $25 and then toss a few dollars every now and then as a lifelong member of The Poors?

This is assuming, of course, that you're still taking players. And that you'd have an even amount of players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

internet inc posted:

I would be down for some charity chugging of 4lokos and all that good stuff I've read about in the main thread. Would I have a shot at winning if I pay the initial $25 and then toss a few dollars every now and then as a lifelong member of The Poors?

This is assuming, of course, that you're still taking players. And that you'd have an even amount of players.

I won last season spending less than a hundo.

Beer gets dirty Reddit money he tries to throw around but it doesn't guarantee victory.

My current draft schedule is

5/28: 5 PM Pacific
5/28: 6:30 Pacific
09/04 all fuckin day live auction draft

One other one I don't know when yet. For draft time/date just let me know outside those times and dates and I will try to make it work.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I won two years ago and took second last year and spent less than 100 each year. Just be smart about your budget and you'll be fine. I'm poor as poo poo too.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I'm up for joining if I can make the draft. I have other drafts in the evening 9/1 and 9/2, but otherwise I'm fairly free.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have never won.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have never won.

You run a charity league that had raised almost $8000 for charity. You have already won.

Just not at fantasy football :v:

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Let's do this then!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Current list:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Spoeank
Aredna
Sataere
RisqueBarber
spacejung
internet inc
Ninja Bob

That's nine folks. Anyone else we can pester to join? I'm also perfectly willing to work out a schedule that makes this happen, like double head to head or something. More cheating!

What dates are absolute no-gos for people?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
It would be nice if we could avoid Sept. 7, the draft date for this league and perhaps in doing so recruit a few more of their members.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I've got a live draft on the 30th but that's it.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
The evenings of 9/1 and 9/2 are bad for me, but I'll do my best to make anything else work.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The only evening I can't do is Aug 31st. Will be in Peoria, IL. Pray for me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I could play in this league but I don't have a lot of money or any money to donate to charity, in fact.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Doltos posted:

I could play in this league but I don't have a lot of money or any money to donate to charity, in fact.

Seriously, you can be competative with $25 dollars. Maybe having to donate another $25 over the course of three months. Most of that charity money is because beersheets get donations.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm in Tokyo still which is EDT+13 currently. I can try to make any day work as long as the times line up for starting 7am to 10pm JST (6pm to 8am). There are some due to unmovable work meetings and such (9am-7pm local time / 8pm to 6am) that I might not be able to do. Most of those are probably fine, but rather than post all sorts of random unmovable meetings I'll just try to be on top of watching times.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

I'll cover your $25 entry. All I ask is that if you have a few bucks here or there you throw them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Bad: 8/30 - 9/3, 9/7

How about some time in the evening of 9/4 to 9/6?

• Locked thread