Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
working mom
Jul 8, 2015

That Works posted:

I see this thread was a Christmas miracle of poo poo.

The thread we deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo SimpleJack is in ASCEE

:laffo:

Have fun with that turbosperg.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I heard him on comms once.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He is a Grade A idiot. From what I hear, he fits in well with ASCEE.

Maybe Zeph could apply there?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
What is ASCEE anyway when there's revolving door recruitment karma fleet?

Edit: This post was written before Talladars post was up.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 26, 2016

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

What is ASCEE anyway when there's revolving door recruitment karma fleet?

Edit: This post was written before Talladars post was up.

ASCEE is for those who find even signing up to Reddit a challenge.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Oodles posted:

ASCEE is for those who find even signing up to Reddit a challenge.

Okay so the corp Sundering members graduate to then.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
harsh but fair

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

Okay so the corp Sundering members graduate to then.

They can still be in GSF and aren't dumb enough to jump ship and shitpost the whole way over.

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

nex posted:

in food related news, did you know lobsters can turn green? like they have this green roe in their head or whatever, but this can also go into the meat. it was dripping green food coloring all over the place. after cooking the meat turned white like normal.

link for gross image: http://imgur.com/a/K9ags
:stonk:
I do thank you for not in-lining that image...

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
new aliens movie is on point i see.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

nex posted:

in food related news, did you know lobsters can turn green? like they have this green roe in their head or whatever, but this can also go into the meat. it was dripping green food coloring all over the place. after cooking the meat turned white like normal.

That's hideous. I was half expecting it to be wrapped around John Hurt's face.

E:f,b

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

nex posted:

That's the lobster's liver/pancreas. You can eat it, but you may not want to.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomalley

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lobsters are just sea cockroaches and it is revolting people eat them

they should go back to just being convict food

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ribeye steaks or bust

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

evilweasel posted:

Wait wait wait. Major ideological crossroad here.

What about crayfish. Crayfish are fine right?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

evilweasel posted:

It was only convict-food because they ground up the whole animal, shell and all. If you stick with eating the sweet, delicious meat inside with melted butter, then it's the closest thing to ambrosia most of us will ever eat.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

Wait wait wait. Major ideological crossroad here.

What about crayfish. Crayfish are fine right?

if you are eating crayfish i assume you are eating them because you are starving or need something to spice up the bark and grass that's the only vaguely edible things you've found so I'm not going to be all snooty about it

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

evilweasel posted:

ribeye steaks or bust

Rare Porterhouse or bust for me.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

evilweasel posted:

if you are eating crayfish i assume you are eating them because you are starving or need something to spice up the bark and grass that's the only vaguely edible things you've found so I'm not going to be all snooty about it

But but but... Then what do you eat with your mushroom pie during the crayfish party?

quote:

The crayfish are boiled in salt water and seasoned with fresh dill – preferably "crown dill" harvested after the plant has flowered – then served cold and eaten with one’s fingers. Bread, mushroom pies, surströmming, strong Västerbotten cheese, salads and other dishes are served buffet-style

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 26, 2016

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Hope you goons had a good Christmas. After stuffing myself silly with my parents' traditional Christmas dinner (for which I made smoked gouda+bacon mac and cheese), and then with my Greek in-laws entertaining guests all night (my FIL's name/feast day is Christmas so it's double duty there) all I can say is: dear me, please work out.

Also, I didn't really read the last few pages but the posts/day ratio can only mean one thing :yikes:

evilweasel posted:

Your food opinions are now worse than Zephyrine's. Discuss.

Zephyrine posted:

But but but... Then what do you eat with your mushroom pie during the crayfish party?

"dill"?

That's a strange way to spell "corn, potatoes, and lots of cayenne pepper" :colbert:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

That's the lobster's liver/pancreas. You can eat it, but you may not want to.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomalley

Yea, but as you see from the picture this a pretty extreme case of it going into the meat itself. I halfway had it in the trashbag suspecting something was off.
We had 3 more lobsters that had the normal amount of coloring.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Also you're all misspelling "crawfish"

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Discussion Quorum posted:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

and apparently have horrible opinions

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It's crawdad.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

evilweasel posted:

you're an idiot

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Also, I didn't really read the last few pages but the posts/day ratio can only mean one thing :yikes:

I did. I regretted it.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Happy Holidays from Goku! http://imgur.com/a/a9ZCa

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Crayfish are bait for better water living creatures.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

evilweasel posted:

You're dead to me

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

I am thoroughly humbled. I did not appreciate how good I had it in Goonswarm. I'm homesick and miss my friends. I have lived the world of iskies, toonies and dessies. The world of frenemies and the pursuit of honour gudfites. I have witnessed heated debates of the morality of suicide ganking.

I don't care what conditions you set or what penalty service for the swarm you demand in return. I have seen what is out there and I want back in. I promise to never to annoy another director ever again. I promise to never rock the boat or cause a fuss and I promise to do everything in my power to stomp out drama wherever I find it and never cause it.

I have done a lot of dumb things and committed grievous errors in judgement and people were hurt as a result. though I have never acted out of malice, people were still hurt and I want to make amends.

gets me everytime

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

Now that's a bit extreme, if someone wants to eat weird ocean bugs, they are free to do so.

If eating armored seabeasts is too hardcore for you, I suggest eating plaices. They're tasty and don't need to be opened up with a can opener first! (I don't actually know how to eat crayfish.)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

crawdads are p good for putting in and around your mouth

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

crawdads are p good for putting in and around your mouth

yeah but can you eat them

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
The last eve related post in this thread was Locke talking about the awesome polarized hull tanked 100mn orthrus I got him for secret Santa. Coming to a hilarious KM near you.

Also, Merry Christmas to all you nerds. After several years of being inoculated daily by small doses of Syndic Thrass I started to be able to tolerate and then even enjoy him. I assume I could probably do the same for everyone in this thread, even mandozer and daco. So, in that spirit I'm going to try and read all your posts with less cynicism this coming year. I believe there is a good poster inside all of us, we just need to find the right orifice for our thoughts to come out of.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hint:

Its the rear end in a top hat.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mining in wormholes? Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo