Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

nasty tower of doom spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Great match but I wish we got Roddy doing three straight superplexes like he loves doing in multiman matches.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Still waiting to see if we're ever gonna get Roddy's unnecessary 7 moves in a row combo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I realized that Roddy didn't have his lovely little boots tonight and now I'm pissed.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I love Andrade Almas. I also love TJ Perkins.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLv4NiKYgn8

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I realized that Roddy didn't have his lovely little boots tonight and now I'm pissed.

Agreed

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Jesus, it's one thing to halfway kill Bowens by throwing a grown man on his head, but it's another to drag his concussed rear end up until the ref has to wave it off and let the guy collapse into sweet death

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
We are getting to the Tozawa factory!!
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/812358301048602624

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

quote:

If you weren’t able to make it to Osaka, Japan, earlier this month for NXT’s debut in the Land of the Rising Sun, there’s no need to fret! Tune into WWE Network this Wednesday at 8/7 C for a special two-hour edition of NXT featuring incredible matches from the Edion Arena, including Shinsuke Nakamura’s incredible NXT Championship victory over Samoa Joe.

The night of action will feature:
-Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe (NXT Championship Match)
-Asuka vs. Nia Jax (NXT Women’s Championship Match)
-#DIY vs. Tajiri & Akira Tozawa (NXT Tag Team Championship Match)
-Liv Morgan & Aliyah vs. Billie Kay & Peyton Royce
-Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas

This is super cool, but funny considering they've already aired Joe/Nakamura.

Also, on January 4, they'll be airing at least part of the Melbourne show:

quote:

Plus, on January 4, WWE Network subscribers will get the opportunity to watch NXT’s action-packed event from Melbourne, Australia, featuring Nakamura and Joe in a Steel Cage Match for the NXT Championship, and much more!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Hell yes I was pretty bummed that they didn't show tozawa and taijiri against diy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lorcan vs. Almas sounds like a sneaky show-stealer if they get enough time

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

Also, on January 4, they'll be airing at least part of the Melbourne show:

Since it's not mentioned there, the Melbourne matches were:
Liv Morgan vs Billie Kay vs Ember Moon - triple threat
Buddy Murphy vs Andrade Almas
Oney Lorcan vs that Prince cosplayer, I forget his name
Tye Dillinger and Wesley Blake vs Bobby Roode and Elias Samson - tag team match
Revival vs Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss for the #1 contendership
#DIY vs TM61 for the tag team championships
Asuka vs Peyton Royce for the women's championship
Joe vs Nakamura

Presumably they won't air all of them, since it was a 3 hour show, but most of the matches were good to great.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

dordreff posted:

Since it's not mentioned there, the Melbourne matches were:
Liv Morgan vs Billie Kay vs Ember Moon - triple threat
Wesley Blake vs Andrade Almas
Oney Lorcan vs that Prince cosplayer, I forget his name
Tye Dillinger and Buddy Murphy vs Bobby Roode and Elias Samson - tag team match
Revival vs Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss for the #1 contendership
#DIY vs TM61 for the tag team championships
Asuka vs Peyton Royce for the women's championship
Joe vs Nakamura
Fixed it. Easy mistake to make.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I've always been lukewarm on Blake and Murphy (the only time they were interesting was when they had Alexa as a mouthpiece), but what does splitting them up accomplish, exactly? So now the men's singles division can have two charisma vacuums instead of the tag division having one?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

tnimark posted:

Fixed it. Easy mistake to make.

Whoops! Literally the only time they're not interchangeable, too.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Benne posted:

I've always been lukewarm on Blake and Murphy (the only time they were interesting was when they had Alexa as a mouthpiece), but what does splitting them up accomplish, exactly? So now the men's singles division can have two charisma vacuums instead of the tag division having one?

Fairly standard NXT thing. Guys usually get a run in a tag team and then get broken up or start out in singles and end up in a tag team at some point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Benne posted:

So they can more easily fire the one who knocked up Sarah Lee.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Benne posted:

Buddy Murphy owns and now he is free of dead weight. I wish NXT would find a way to get him back on TV and doing stuff.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Almas https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/812520529512919041

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oof that's brutal, but probably fair

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/812875653213257728

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a better 2 year anniversary from an irish tweeter

https://twitter.com/MichaelHealyUgh/status/812918811468955648

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Triple H envisions future where talent doesn't 'graduate' from NXT, movement happens between all WWE brands: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/18337386/triple-h-future-nxt-standing-wwe-universe

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

Triple H envisions future where talent doesn't 'graduate' from NXT, movement happens between all WWE brands: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/18337386/triple-h-future-nxt-standing-wwe-universe

I also envision Samoa Joe and Nakamura not being locked in NXT feuds for the next two years.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

shiksa posted:

I also envision Samoa Joe and Nakamura not being locked in NXT feuds for the next two years.

if they had any sense they'd debut Joe today, preferably against Cena

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 27, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Venomous posted:

if they had any sense they'd debut Joe today, preferably against Cena
If they had any sense they'd wait for the Rumble where he'll get a huge reaction by the smark crowd and then build off of that with a hot feud with the people he eliminates or is eliminated by.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

AMReese posted:

If they had any sense they'd wait for the Rumble where he'll get a huge reaction by the smark crowd and then build off of that with a hot feud with the people he eliminates or is eliminated by.

Debuting Joe at the Rumble is silly, because he'll just be overshadowed by Tye Dillinger's massive pop debuting at #10 during the Rumble match.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
what if Tye debuts at #11

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Rovert, any truth to the rumors that WWE's offers to Io and Kairi fell through, due to STARDOM one-upping their offer, along with claiming that they (Io and Kairi) wouldn't make it in the WWE due to Asuka being in NXT?

Because if so, that's really disappointing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's good, actually

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
yeah the less companies that get gutted by the wwe and die the better imo

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
If they had enough women to do women's tag team division they'd probably have a better chance of making it. As it stands, they'd be dealing with the same situation as Hideo Itami is with Shinsuke Nakamura.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
To be fair, Itami hasn't made any headway because he's got the Barrett Curse. NXT was pretty different when he was first signed.

As for Io and Kairi, I'd be cool with Ibushi-style appearances in a women's tournament, but I can't see them being used properly afterward. It'd basically be the three Japanese women having zero stakes joshi-lite fights until everyone got sick of them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I like Almas and he looked real good in the 4-way. He's so much better as a heel it's like night and day. Sucks that literally everyone else overshadows him to the point where I fear he's just going to be in NXT forever

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Benne posted:

Lorcan vs. Almas sounds like a sneaky show-stealer if they get enough time

That was the dark match at takeover Dallas and it ruled

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey Rovert, any truth to the rumors that WWE's offers to Io and Kairi fell through, due to STARDOM one-upping their offer, along with claiming that they (Io and Kairi) wouldn't make it in the WWE due to Asuka being in NXT?

Because if so, that's really disappointing.

My take is the same as of STARDOM expect Ciara Reid's STARDOM has been preparing for Io's departure for a while but ultimately I think Io will stay.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I would be remiss if I did not say I was really happy to see this: https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/813943183218458624

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Who is the ref? Is that Emma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
No it's Emmalina.

• Locked thread