Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Asuta is extraordinarily cool. I'm worried about Sharuami though. :ohdear:

Although I trust that Helck and Anne will save all the humans, I hope it's Asuta who saves Sharuami.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I believe in Asuta.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Asuta is extraordinarily cool. I'm worried about Sharuami though. :ohdear:

Although I trust that Helck and Anne will save all the humans, I hope it's Asuta who saves Sharuami.

:same:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
:getin:

Everything about that was beautiful.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
:pusheen:

Well drat that was intense. Good save.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad Asuta is safe.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I got rolled hard by that sequence. I should have known better. That was badass.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Death to those who did not believe in Asuta

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 3 of the Piuy omake arc - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-081-005--The-Witch-s-Adventure-Log---Entry-003---Greeting-?id=340520

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

oh my god :kimchi:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
my favorite part of the asuta chapter was the "A presence!!! From Above?!!" page turn cliffhanger

And then right into a pertinent omake

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I believe in Piuy.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New non-omake Helck Anne from Management - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-082-001--Prototype?id=340694

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like how they call out the prototype cliche

And the chosen

This manga is good

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mikaros has never heard of conservation of ninjutsu

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I like how they call out the prototype cliche

And the chosen

This manga is good

cliche?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

THEY CHOSE TOO MANY :mad:

I mean it's a joke that I laughed at anyway

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ruh Roh. :ohdear:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

In which Asuta is the greatest catgirl in the history of manga.
:drat:

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

There is a cliche in anime where the prototype of something is better than mass produced models. Where in the real world prototypes usualy are worse or the same.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Honestly I see it as more of a jrpg cliche.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

ElBrak posted:

There is a cliche in anime where the prototype of something is better than mass produced models. Where in the real world prototypes usualy are worse or the same.

Usually the same or better, honestly. Going from prototype to production usually involves in seeing what corners you can safely cut and lowering costs and difficulties in production, rather than improving your product.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Usually the same or better, honestly. Going from prototype to production usually involves in seeing what corners you can safely cut and lowering costs and difficulties in production, rather than improving your product.

Depends on the industry, really.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

Depends on the industry, really.

This.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Eat a dick, Mikaros.

Now that that's out of the way, this chapter was good :)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

That's how I thought it worked! The prototype is extremely good and powerful and then the mass-produced versions aren't because- Holy poo poo, we can't afford to spend six billion dollars outfitting every single member of our entire military with these things-

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

RareAcumen posted:

That's how I thought it worked! The prototype is extremely good and powerful and then the mass-produced versions aren't because- Holy poo poo, we can't afford to spend six billion dollars outfitting every single member of our entire military with these things-

Again, it entirely depends on the industry you're in / what the prototype is. They can also be bigger, clunkier, harder to fix due to custom parts, and generally lacking the updates of production models that could improve performance or functionality, etc.

E: Is a prototype (alpha version) of a game better than the released version? Not usually.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the secret of piuy piwi revealed! http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-082-001-005--The-Witch-s-Adventure-Log---Entry-004---Name-?id=341057

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I knew it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But wait, how would future Anne not already know his name? The timelines are diverging.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

chumbler posted:

But wait, how would future Anne not already know his name? The timelines are diverging.

It's too suspicious to know someone's name from the start! You have to play along a little!

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
I found this by chance a week ago and I this series is great. I also believe in Anne from Management which is surprising given my pessimism in regards to management.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
New chapter went up!

Never more have I believed more in Anne from Management.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This is starting to get a big dumb. Every chapter one side reveals some trap to have the other reveal "haha I knew about your trap all along and have my OWN trap!"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Anne's got a twig, everything is gonna be okay.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I believe in Anne, Helck, Asuta, the Demon army, and most importantly Piuy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

This is starting to get a big dumb. Every chapter one side reveals some trap to have the other reveal "haha I knew about your trap all along and have my OWN trap!"

nah, it was mostly mikaros bragging about his invincible master plan that relied on the demons being stupid and weak. surprise, they weren't stupid or weak. also for some reason both rafaed and mikaros underestimate vamirio every chance they get, which is very silly of mikaros because he knows she is azudora's peer and equal. he spent hundreds of years terrified of azudora, and even when he won mikaros still wasn't able to finish azudora off. at least rafaed had the excuse of not knowing who she was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-082-002--Prototype--002-?id=341071

I believe in ANNE.

• Locked thread