Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Man I thought I was in the Rebels thread, and was trying to figure out what Jedi you were talking about

I want to see Thrawn fight the Legends. Even if they do it badly it would be worth it to see both fandoms froth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bruceski posted:

I want to see Thrawn fight the Legends. Even if they do it badly it would be worth it to see both fandoms froth.

Thrawn has already determined 30 effective ways to defeat them just by watching a trailer from the show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

I look forward to never seeing Firestorm transmute anything ever again. I didn't even realize that they were aware they had that ability, since they never use it.

Hey they used it like... twice last season, and they used it once this season. They've got a whole half-season to meet last season's quota!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

TwoPair posted:

Hey they used it like... twice last season, and they used it once this season. They've got a whole half-season to meet last season's quota!

I can't even remember them using it last season. If it happened during the final few episodes, I barely paid attention to those because I had given up on the show already. I only "watched" them to catch up for season 2.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ToastyPotato posted:

Literally yes. The entire premise of this show is tricking people into watching it by teasing connections to popular DC characters.

This is the entire premise of every marvel and DC tv show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The CW shows are about the characters they are about, and while season 1 of SG was definitely guilty of being a tease, they rectified it with season 2. The titular heroes are actual comic book characters and they actually do their thing on their shows. Same for the Netflix shows, which are actually about real characters that people actually like. They also don't tease MCU connections much at all besides easter egg, fan servicey stuff. AOS is much more guilty of this. AOS is probably the only current show that is actually truly guilty to be honest, though this season is a bit better for just saying "gently caress it" to MCU continuity.

Powerless is a joke, and seems to be taking this to the extreme. I mean, we already have a Batman show without Batman (and that can't have Batman due to its own writing.) That is the kind of thing I am talking about. Krypton is another one.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Dan Didio posted:

Luke Cage had none of that though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dan Didio posted:

That's only really true of Agents of Shield.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Luke Cage had none of that though.

I don't really think of the Netflix series as tv shows in the same way that I do of Agents of Shield, and Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, et. al. They're similar, but they're not beholden to the same constraints and trappings.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The Archie show has him in a relationship with his teacher?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

His name is David Haller. :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It clearly says it's Legixn, right there.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I can't help but feel a tad disappointed Dan Stevens is doing this instead of, I don't know, anything else really. He was just so good in The Guest as insane Captain America that a TV pseudo spin off from the X films feels like a bit of a waste. Still, if they do take the recent Legion book as inspiration, I guess it's possible it will turn out quite cool.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It is also by the guy behind the Fargo TV show, and that series is bonkers enough without superpowers, this will be great.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

I can't help but feel a tad disappointed Dan Stevens is doing this instead of, I don't know, anything else really. He was just so good in The Guest as insane Captain America that a TV pseudo spin off from the X films feels like a bit of a waste. Still, if they do take the recent Legion book as inspiration, I guess it's possible it will turn out quite cool.

I was hoping Stevens would get cast as Iron Fist, personally.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The Archie show has him in a relationship with his teacher?

Archie is NOT loving Mr. Weatherbee!!! (The Principal but close enough)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought it was Ms Grundy?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

I thought it was Ms Grundy?

GRUNDY NO LIKE ARCHIE IN THE FACE!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Has Supergirl's name always been pronounced Kaw-ra? I thought the "ar" sound was pronounced like air.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

Has Supergirl's name always been pronounced Kaw-ra? I thought the "ar" sound was pronounced like air.

Every version I've ever seen, plus uses of that name in reality, would pronounce it Kah-rah.
Then again, I got confused as poo poo as a teen when everyone on Buffy pronounced Amber Benson's character's name "Terra" but it was spelt "Tara".

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

SonicRulez posted:

Its pronounced Kier-ah

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Its pronounced Kier-ah

This is correct, ignore my advice.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I was just watching Civil War and after seeing Cross Bones with his helmet they need to steal that design Jimmy's helmet looks super loving bad.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'm still baffled at how bad Diggle's helmet was/is. It's funny that Vigilante looks 1000x better and his costume/mask is just a ski mask with goggles. Even Wild Dog looks sharper. But then again, both of those costumes are nearly identical to their comic counter parts. The worst costumes seem to be when the designers are allowed to be "creative" it seems. Though, to be fair, movie Megatron Savitar is an improvement over his comic costume. To be even more fair, they just stole another design rather than creating a new one. So yeah, I guess the lesson here is to stick to the original unless the original is bad, in which case just steal a better design, and also never trust the designers to have their own vision with these budgets, or you get Red Tornado and Spartan.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 27, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

I'm still baffled at how bad Diggle's helmet was/is. It's funny that Vigilante looks 1000x better and his costume/mask is just a ski mask with goggles. Even Wild Dog looks sharper. But then again, both of those costumes are nearly identical to their comic counter parts. The worst costumes seem to be when the designers are allowed to be "creative" it seems. Though, to be fair, movie Megatron Savitar is an improvement over his comic costume. To be even more fair, they just stole another design rather than creating a new one. So yeah, I guess the lesson here is to stick to the original unless the original is bad, in which case just steal a better design, and also never trust the designers to have their own vision with these budgets, or you get Red Tornado and Spartan.

But then there's also the very comic accurate Silver Banshee, and well...

Digg's helmet should have become a running joke about how he built it himself. Then get him a Cisco Industries one after the crossover.

If you're stuck with the crappy prop, make something out of it at least.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

But then there's also the very comic accurate Silver Banshee, and well...

Digg's helmet should have become a running joke about how he built it himself. Then get him a Cisco Industries one after the crossover.

If you're stuck with the crappy prop, make something out of it at least.

Except they already did that. In... I want to say the Flash episode last season where Dig helps to fight King Shark, Cisco says something about having some ideas about making his helmet better*. But then it still looks like poo poo and now their in-universe costume guy said it's great so they're gonna have to come up with something creative to get a new one. Maybe he'll cross universes to Supergirl and Winn can make him a less stupid helmet but I doubt it.

*maybe it wasn't that particular episode but I swear there was either a Flash or Arrow crossover episode where Cisco tells Dig he's got ideas for helmet improvements.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 27, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

There totally was. I was expecting it last season even. Then we got the new one with very little fanfare and it was like "that's it? We waited this long for this?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Geoff Johns tweeted there's another DC TV show to be announced soon.

TwoPair posted:

Except they already did that. In... I want to say the Flash episode last season where Dig helps to fight King Shark, Cisco says something about having some ideas about making his helmet better*. But then it still looks like poo poo and now their in-universe costume guy said it's great so they're gonna have to come up with something creative to get a new one. Maybe he'll cross universes to Supergirl and Winn can make him a less stupid helmet but I doubt it.

*maybe it wasn't that particular episode but I swear there was either a Flash or Arrow crossover episode where Cisco tells Dig he's got ideas for helmet improvements.

They did, yeah. I was just saying they wasted that chance.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Disney Fanclub posted a short synopsis for Thor: Ragnarok. It looks like Doctor Strange will have a fairly significant role in the movie.

quote:

Thor: Ragnarok in November brings together Thor, the Hulk, and Doctor Strange to face off against intergalactic enemies both familiar and new.

Feige says that Thor 3 will be the first example of how they plan to do movies after Infinity War: "Unexpected Team-ups and intimate character stories."

Edit: Oops, meant to go in the movie thread.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 3, 2017

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Still hoping that we'll get some sort of Triumph and Torment adaptation with Strange and Loki somewhere down the line.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

Geoff Johns tweeted there's another DC TV show to be announced soon.

They did, yeah. I was just saying they wasted that chance.

Hopefully it is a Wild Dog spinoff.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Madkal posted:

Hopefully it is a Wild Dog spinoff.

I'd watch that. I love Wild Dog on Arrow. Have him form The Outsiders with Ragman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I'd watch that. I love Wild Dog on Arrow. Have him form The Outsiders with Ragman.

Quite a few people seem to think that Arrow is going to turn into "Arrow and the Outsiders" next season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's pretty much that this season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't take him seriously because Reaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FQd-KBpsqk

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

X-O posted:

Ragman on Arrow is just really weird and out of place for me. I'd be happy to never really see him again after this season given.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I thought I'd have that problem too because I loved him Reaper, but he's made Wild Dog compelling and a character I like so he's just a miracle worker I suppose.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah he's alright, but i can't take that fury seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

It's pretty much that this season.

No like, officially or something.