Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

Just heard about this game, it looks right up my alley so I bought it. Could I get an invite to the steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/serfmc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Ditto. I just got the game, so if anyone is willing to run a few "show the noob the ropes" games feel free to drop me an invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/EdmondSA/

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kemmlerite

Bought cheap game, help.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why isnt the group public anyway

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Digirat posted:

Why isnt the group public anyway

Goons are paranoid and hate pubbies?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
bad reason

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

Oh, I didn't even notice the group wasn't public. Invite plz - http://steamcommunity.com/id/doddseye

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This game is fun. Just installed and played it, jumping as fast as I could into nightmare mode with lvl 54+ folk. They were super nice despite the fact that I was terrible.

I also don't really understand the mechanics of the game but I've only played 4 rounds, suspect things will become more apparent. It's kind of hard for me to see stuff.

Also is Dwarf the least popular character? We had many bots for him but basically noone else.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There is a bot order and he is close to the front of it IIRC. The witch hunter bot is at the end so you only see it if a witch hunter player disconnects.

There's not a visibly most or least popular character by a large margin or anything.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Except for the Elf. Everyone hates the bloody Elf.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is the red mace-and-shield quest that's up today as crazy-good as it looks?

edit it's The Truncheon and Triumph (Killing Blow, Off-Balance and Improved Guard).

Industrial Meat Package posted:

I also don't really understand the mechanics of the game but I've only played 4 rounds, suspect things will become more apparent. It's kind of hard for me to see stuff.
Watch some videos about how the melee system works (a dude in this very thread does great ones) because it's way more complex than it seems at first and you will get bodied hard if you just swing away wildly. I'm not gonna go so far as to compare it to Dark Souls but it's kind of similar in that choosing to swing is a commitment that leaves you exposed and you gotta know what your weapons can do, how far they reach and what they can penetrate before stopping.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 26, 2016

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Industrial Meat Package posted:

This game is fun. Just installed and played it, jumping as fast as I could into nightmare mode with lvl 54+ folk. They were super nice despite the fact that I was terrible.

Also is Dwarf the least popular character? We had many bots for him but basically noone else.

There's definitely some opacity but it's usually easier to answer questions than to guess what advice to give. What seems mysterious or intuitive so far?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I thought I joined the group myself. Maybe just the group chat?

Also dwarf is popular, but his weapons didn't really get buffed (because they were all good) so people might be too eager to try out the new toys

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I've been giving the other classes a try and I have yet to find another weapon I enjoy as much as the dwarfs two handed axe. There is something beautiful about cleaving several skaven in half with every swing

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Next DLC better drat well give Kruber a halberd. :colbert:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The only ranged weapon I can see them ever adding for Kruber is a grenade launcher as seen in Total Warhammer, other than that I don't know what they could do for him. The only melee idea would of course be a polearm of some sort.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Any tips for Kruber's two handed sword? It seems pretty underwhelming from what should be an iconic weapon for the Empire. Entirely possible I'm just terrible.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pendent posted:

Any tips for Kruber's two handed sword? It seems pretty underwhelming from what should be an iconic weapon for the Empire. Entirely possible I'm just terrible.

It takes some getting used to, but you need to push, block, and dodge a lot. The Push will actually give you a really good window to use the reach and smash a bunch of rats with the charged attack. Conservative play is key to the zweihander.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Lunethex posted:

The only ranged weapon I can see them ever adding for Kruber is a grenade launcher as seen in Total Warhammer, other than that I don't know what they could do for him. The only melee idea would of course be a polearm of some sort.

Halberd and a regular old spear are weapons that sill need adding. It's really weird they decided to give him a falchion before a halberd, one of the most iconic Empire weapons.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

For the zwei:

It's in a strange spot. You have to understand that, in general, weapons fulfill two major roles in this game: either controlling enemies by knocking them over/stunning them/etc or outright killing them quickly (striking). The Zwei is weird because it is right in the middle of that range. It has a decent (but not great) push, it has good damage (but misses a lot of important break points), and hits a lot of enemies (while still having some real limits). It ends up being a bit more of an advanced weapon just because without understanding the limitations of the weapon you're going to end up expecting it to do things it can't. In terms of general use though, there's a couple tips:

If you're working with a Bardin that is doing a good job with a shield weapon or a two handed hammer, you want to primarily use the light attack and focus on rats that the dwarf has recently sent reeling. They won't hit you back and you can finish them easily. You can hit a decent number too, so no need to be dainty.

If there's no one else who's primarily stunning rats, your job is going to be to sway back and forth on the front line, using your charged attack to disrupt as many rats as possible. Don't hesitate to cancel into a block and push if any rat gets too close. Don't hesitate to take a hit on your guard before pushing if you need. Your entire existence should be to disrupt and distract as many rats as possible so your teammates can mulch through them with minimum distraction and effort.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Another thing about the Zwei: It is not GOOD against Stormvermin, but a solid hit from the charge attack will stagger them unless they were going for their overhead charged swing. It can keep one under control okay, it just won't kill him nearly quick enough and won't stop his most dangerous move, you'll still need to dodge or block that. Use the reach. Use the reach as if you life depends on it (it does).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Also Lune and I have Kruber's melee on spotlight today, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3AcRGSduzc

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Can you get the DLC weapons from the shrine? I have the worst luck with the RNG and the dice.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

No, and that is the very frustrating thing about it for a lot of people.

Also is anyone actually going to be on and playing tonight? I need a guinea pig for 2 particular clips

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Lunethex posted:

Also is anyone actually going to be on and playing tonight? I need a guinea pig for 2 particular clips

Will a literal level 1 do? :v:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Lunethex posted:

Lame. Was the Volley bow from Drachenfels or Karak Azgaraz?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Volley bow is Drac

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

Will a literal level 1 do? :v:

Join the goonintide chat and we can work from there

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964063960

This game is pretty awesome though its frightening when i just jump in and i do better then people who are higher level haha.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPPxLcefx1o

Lupo made Bardin's unused Drakegun work. It's awesome. I love that all it really is missing is a model and items in the actual list.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Lunethex posted:

What time? I need to redeem myself after firebombing my entire team at the bridge on Chain of Fire.

Huckleduck
May 20, 2007
giving you the hucklebuck
So, no more Mumble Camping the Stairs, I guess. Does VTide have its own Discord channel or just the general CTS Discord?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I thought Digirat set up a CTS room? If nobody's there it's just because it's not very well advertised.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
You could always just grab one of the many unoccupied rooms on the CTS discord.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CTS went away awhile ago (although there is a mirror of it you can use instead, grover.house) but there is a new one which has 2 rooms for vermintide. We have been using that. Phoneposting so I don't have the IP but look it up in the private board or ask for it in goonintide

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

So does the dwarf just have no loving loot? all the other dudes are decked out in green items and the dwarf just got a loving 2h hammer. Dwarfs the best character but hes got no loving loot at all its so annoying.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Arghy posted:

So does the dwarf just have no loving loot? all the other dudes are decked out in green items and the dwarf just got a loving 2h hammer. Dwarfs the best character but hes got no loving loot at all its so annoying.

That's RNG.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Which of the Drachenfels maps is best for quick completions? I feel like it's Summoner's Peak as long as I'm the bright wizard and clear the generators myself. Quality doesn't matter, I have enough materials to drive a white item to orange and then re-roll a few times for traits. I want that volley bow real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It's honestly Drachenfels Castle. Summoner's Peak is too beholden to bullshit with rats lowering the generator progress drastically without even dumping water, they just stand there and you suffer hard for it. Don't spam that one because it is bad and boring. Dungeons has a much higher chance of killing you than the other two because of a guaranteed ogre in the darkness. Just get used to Drachenfels, it's smaller than you think, and the final part with the statues can be done in less than 2 minutes if you all go separately. It takes a while for rats to even spawn. Just make sure they can handle potential Stormvermin behind a door.

• Locked thread