Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Hi dudes, it's been a while

the Broncos need a solid goon draft to fix the offense. also a qb but we won't draft one.

I mean you drafted one last year and even though I don't believe in him he deserves more of a look than he's gotten. I guess Denver's hoping for OL and a RB at some point? Maybe a TE.

Sanders and Thomas are still signed for a while correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grittybeard posted:

I mean you drafted one last year and even though I don't believe in him he deserves more of a look than he's gotten. I guess Denver's hoping for OL and a RB at some point? Maybe a TE.

Sanders and Thomas are still signed for a while correct?

Oh that's exactly why a QB won't be drafted. Lynch was a trade up and has only played two games with fairly short notice each time, so I think he gets a good chance to compete next year only to lose to Romo.

DT and Sanders are both signed and we have lots of young, not-bad receivers as depth. It's definitely not a priority unless there's a steal. I think we go with an early TE, defensive depth (keep a good thing going), and OL followed by...maybe late round WR or RB? I imagine they avoid a higher RB pick since CJ is under contract and Booker looks decent. Who knows, RBs are a dime a dozen but maybe Elway wastes another pick on one because reasons.

I guess it's about time to start reading up on college players

e- I'm using rotoworld so not sure how accurate it is but here's the most important Broncos FAs in 2016:
Shaq Barrett - LB (Exclusive Rights)
Bennie Fowler - WR
Brandon McManus - K (ER)
Jordan Norwood - WR
Max Paradis - C (RFA)
DeMarcus Ware - LB

Ware, Barrett, and Paradis are the only ones who would cost actual money, with the first costing the most. Side note, it's loving sad to look at the list to see how much money is being wasted on our ghost TEs. Ugh.

After perusing the existing contracts, I think this is a likely Broncos priority:
TE > OL >> WR~defensive depth >>> RB

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 26, 2016

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Depending on how things shake up next week I think the Titans can have the Rams' pick be as high as 3 and their own pick be as high as 12. I'm in favor of both of those happening.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Oh that's exactly why a QB won't be drafted. Lynch was a trade up and has only played two games with fairly short notice each time, so I think he gets a good chance to compete next year only to lose to Romo.

DT and Sanders are both signed and we have lots of young, not-bad receivers as depth. It's definitely not a priority unless there's a steal. I think we go with an early TE, defensive depth (keep a good thing going), and OL followed by...maybe late round WR or RB? I imagine they avoid a higher RB pick since CJ is under contract and Booker looks decent. Who knows, RBs are a dime a dozen but maybe Elway wastes another pick on one because reasons.

I guess it's about time to start reading up on college players

e- I'm using rotoworld so not sure how accurate it is but here's the most important Broncos FAs in 2016:
Shaq Barrett - LB (Exclusive Rights)
Bennie Fowler - WR
Brandon McManus - K (ER)
Jordan Norwood - WR
Max Paradis - C (RFA)
DeMarcus Ware - LB

Ware, Barrett, and Paradis are the only ones who would cost actual money, with the first costing the most. Side note, it's loving sad to look at the list to see how much money is being wasted on our ghost TEs. Ugh.

After perusing the existing contracts, I think this is a likely Broncos priority:
TE > OL >> WR~defensive depth >>> RB

Sounds like your team is entering the OJ Howard sweepstakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vnP9FFigY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuD5W66J7A

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Dr. Capco posted:

Depending on how things shake up next week I think the Titans can have the Rams' pick be as high as 3 and their own pick be as high as 12. I'm in favor of both of those happening.

But why, there's no QB replacement for our dead Mariota :suicide:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
So it looks like the Eagles pick from the Vikings can be as high as 8 or as low as 18.

Regardless of position, who should be the BPA in that low teens range?

Positions of need IMO are CB/WR/OL

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Guys I like Mitch Trubisky now, definitely looks like a top 50 prospect

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
What's the general feeling about this draft?

I'm hearing no big time qbs? Is it weak or strong, or d heavy /o heavy or anything like that?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think it's broadly defense-heavy, there are only a couple of guys right now who look like first round OTs and WR isn't much better. There are a bunch of running backs though, it's both good at the top and deep.

Of course it won't work out like that because teams will talk themselves into guys, but still it looks like a good year to need D.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 26, 2016

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Grittybeard posted:

I think it's broadly defense-heavy, there are only a couple of guys right now who look like first round OTs and WR isn't much better. There are a bunch of running backs though, it's both good at the top and deep.

Of course it won't work out like that because teams will talk themselves into guys, but still it looks like a good year to need D.

:frogon:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

This sounds ideal.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

...would you say... secondary D?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

...would you say... secondary D?

Pending the combine, yeah it looks like there are a bunch of top 50 corners this year, Tennessee should be able to get someone (or someones) who are promising.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Last year was supposed to be a weak QB draft and Goff/ Wentz still went 1 and 2. I want the QB hype train to start up again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dr. Capco posted:

Last year was supposed to be a weak QB draft and Goff/ Wentz still went 1 and 2. I want the QB hype train to start up again.

I have a feeling Kizer will shoot up to No. 1 after the Combine even though I'm not totally sold on him at this point.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Benne posted:

I have a feeling Kizer will shoot up to No. 1 after the Combine even though I'm not totally sold on him at this point.

This is a given. Remember how Jared Goff was a pro-ready prospect according to talking heads? It's in the NFL and the media's best interest for a QB to go #1

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Grittybeard posted:

Pending the combine, yeah it looks like there are a bunch of top 50 corners this year, Tennessee should be able to get someone (or someones) who are promising.

lol they're gonna draft Teez Tabor and I am gonna shoot my self

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

He's pretty good tho? At least he's always giving the seminoles fits

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Please don't complain about drafting a corner tia

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO MITCH TRUBISKY

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Dr. Capco posted:

uh, not it wasn't.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

This is a given. Remember how Jared Goff was a pro-ready prospect according to talking heads? It's in the NFL and the media's best interest for a QB to go #1

jesus you guys are loving stupid.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO MITCH TRUBISKY
Panthers first round pick.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

warcrimes posted:

uh, not it wasn't.

jesus you guys are loving stupid.

Last year was a weak QB class.

Unless you mean something else?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Basically just ignore anything you hear about QB prospects:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Kalli posted:

Basically just ignore anything you hear about QB prospects:

What is the problem with this analasis? the theory is tiny hands tiny dick he is trying to set his daughar up on a date

this one time I was on a trip to band camp and the teacher and her assistant was trying to group us on the bus before we showed up to save time right, so she was measuring our hands and as a trombone player I had smalle hands and had to set in the back while those loving trumpet players with all there brash style and dressing abilities not to mention there muscial skill all got to set in the front, I got not proof but I think they got jacked off from the ta while I was looking out the window with tears in my eyes feeeling like the rosa parks or sexual opression

Winkie01 fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 27, 2016

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I'm sure you can find plenty of talking heads who considered Goff to be "pro-ready," but at the time that description was relative to the other quarterbacks in the draft since Cal is noted for not using a "pro-style offense."

Of course that wasn't exactly correct either but it wasn't as stupid as you believe.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Winkie01 posted:

What is the problem with this analasis? the theory is tiny hands tiny dick he is trying to set his daughar up on a date

this one time I was on a trip to band camp and the teacher and her assistant was trying to group us on the bus before we showed up to save time right, so she was measuring our hands and as a trombone player I had smalle hands and had to set in the back while those loving trumpet players with all there brash style and dressing abilities not to mention there muscial skill all got to set in the front, I got not proof but I think they got jacked off from the ta while I was looking out the window with tears in my eyes feeeling like the rosa parks or sexual opression

lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Winkie01 posted:

Holy poo poo hahahaha

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

This is one of the funniest goddamn things I have ever read

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
oh wow

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Winkie01 posted:

help

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Winkie01 posted:

god drat

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That quote has had me laughing my rear end off all day. It's like the old Phenazepam or Ambien quotes.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Winkie01 posted:

This is more insightful than Todd McShay.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Rams are not a pro team.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

big money big clit posted:

Henry is 13th in the YPC list. Guys around him: Jaquizz Rodgers at 15; Matt Jones at 9. Bills Powell way up at 1; Mark Ingram at 3.

And those are just the guys that have similarly limited number of carries, whether due to injury or just not being the premiere back on their team.

It ain't bad, but it's not exactly lighting the world on fire either.

This is from last page but 4.5 ypc is well above league average. Yah it's a smaller sample size with only ~100 carries but that is a lot better than "not bad". What will be most important is to see if he can maintain that YPC with a higher workload. His YPC is essentially identical to Murray's, but he has 1/3 the carries. Pretty sure any team would want a guy putting up 1200+ yards on 270 carries over the year.

Would be interesting to see Henry's run distribution mapped out like in the Ground Control thread. I know he has been used a decent amount at the goal line.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

to be fair all of Kansas State's designed QB run plays look like they're the slowest thing in the world until suddenly they're 10 yards down field and you have no idea how they did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

slow and steady wins the race

• Locked thread