Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't need no bread
I don't need no home
Just everybody dead
And my Nuclear Throne

me kill you outta nowhere
me kill you all alone
me kill you in the face
for ma nuclear throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't need no bread
I don't need no home
Just everybody dead
And my Nuclear Throne

https://youtu.be/a_6CZ2JaEuc

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you play this on Christmas it snows in the desert, holy poo poo.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

thought i had a good thing going with long arms, bolt marrow, trigger finger an autocrossbow and a shovel til i decided to see what a nuke luancher did on a cleared out 7-1 and the missle circled around the room and landed on me oops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got to throne but i was standing on the carpet oops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i can't figure out how to aim the lightning guns but the lightning shotgun and smg seem good with laser brains. the lightning rife seems bad tho.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you don't really aim the lightning guns. i don't know if it still works but you used to be able to use the lighting cannon with eyes' ultra and it would last forever as long as you never touched a wall with it

anyway i'll use the lightning pistol early on because it's not awful, especially with steroids, but the rest are 👎

except the lightning hammer which is a contender for best weapon in the game

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
lightning shotgun does not stack btw so dont try shooting point blank it won't help

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat throne by finding a plasma cannon and hitting the shoot button for 5 seoncds without standing on the carpet for the 2nd time, and then it died

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

now loop

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat throne by finding a plasma cannon and hitting the shoot button for 5 seoncds without standing on the carpet for the 2nd time, and then it died

fish + gun warrant ultra + trigger fingers + super plasma cannon :getin:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
laser pistol is epic.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

drat congrats. ive only beaten lil hunter once

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oddium posted:

now loop

do u need a crown to loop ?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no you just need to destroy the four generators in the throne room before destroying the throne. you should get the crown of curses anyway because unlike the rest of the crowns Curses is actually good

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

and you have to wait for generators to power up before they can be destroyed i learned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

no you just need to destroy the four generators in the throne room before destroying the throne. you should get the crown of curses anyway because unlike the rest of the crowns Curses is actually good

ok im not alone in thinking that all of the crowns seem to offer way more downsides that upsides

I Said No
May 21, 2007

In Training posted:

ok im not alone in thinking that all of the crowns seem to offer way more downsides that upsides

i think that's supposed to be the point
they're not really powerups so much as a "this will gently caress your life up" option

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

curses and blood are the only good ones. actually risk is okay on a melting b run because you're either getting the benefit or you're dead

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

i haven't been able to loop in months. every time i dewstroy the 4th generator my screen fills with green balls. i try baiting the beam, but no go

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

Crown of Guns seems like it'd synergize well with robot but I've never survived long enough with it to know for sure

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love the Haste crown, because by the time I get it I'm killing stuff so fast that it's just a bonus to ammo and health drops.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love the Haste crown, because by the time I get it I'm killing stuff so fast that it's just a bonus to ammo and health drops.

It's literally kept me alive because of that when combined with the plutonium hunger and the more pickups mutation, I killed stuff so fast that I'd just pick up more ammo and health right before I ran out or died

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

oddium posted:

curses and blood are the only good ones. actually risk is okay on a melting b run because you're either getting the benefit or you're dead

I'll take the no ammo more guns one with robot , esp if i have his throne butt and/or the generate ammo on kills perk. But i'm not very good at the game . Pickups fade faster/give more seems worth it if you have the wider pickup radius perk too

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Blood, curses and haste are great, but explosions is also good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

the haste one seems okay if you have the long range grabber mutation but otherwise i never pick them up except sometimes curses

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
what's the point of the box where you can stash a weapon in the 2nd crown room?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it carries over between runs, so you can keep a super crossbow or something there if you find one but roll awful mutations.

BUT ALSO if you hit ball mama (sewers loop boss) with a golden weapon she'll drop the frog pistol, which becomes the golden frog pistol if you put it in the proto chest and retrieve it with a different character. the golden frog pistol starts you as Frog

i gave it to fish because it makes the most sense i think

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crown of Death (one of the post-loop crowns) is really good if you are doing a Burning Veins build

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

burning veins is cool but its too scary to run around with only 4 hp especially in world 7

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

burning veins is cool but its too scary to run around with only 4 hp especially in world 7

melting with burning veins is like the lost with mantle and its pretty fun.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

melting with burning veins is like the lost with mantle and its pretty fun.

i forgot about that guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He;s probably my fave to play but only if i get a really specific set of mutations. Like throne butt, burning veins and some good explosive weapons.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

melting has the best b skin conditions. because it's super hard and fun

I Said No
May 21, 2007

I kinda wish you could reliably pick skeleton and frog from the start, especially the former (i know you technically can with the latter)
reliably getting melting that far through the game is pretty dicey

best combo with melting is throne butt + impact wrists though, every stage becomes a horrible mosh pit

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I Said No posted:

best combo with melting is throne butt + impact wrists though, every stage becomes a horrible mosh pit
i've been trying this and i swear Rhino Skin gets extremely rare when you play as Melting. i only got it as a mutation on my 10th or 11th run. maybe i just had really bad luck but it was weird af.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

symbolic posted:

i've been trying this and i swear Rhino Skin gets extremely rare when you play as Melting. i only got it as a mutation on my 10th or 11th run. maybe i just had really bad luck but it was weird af.
Maybe you should try playing as Melting, instead of as a freaking noob lmao.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

I have 55 hrs in this game and i've only ever reached the throne 3x.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I have never killed little hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

I have never killed little hunter.
You have to keep moving. Little Hunter wants to trick you into trying to hide, so you wind up trapped.

• Locked thread