Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I didn't get a chance to record it, but I was playing Verminitude and a slave rat died with its upper body clipping into the floor and is backside twerking furiously. The rag doll physics and 'pinned by arrows' effect can cause corpses to get stuck in really funny positions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

zidane13 posted:

Are ANY of the multiplayer building games good? Seems like they all fall into poo poo due to that kinda stuff. I just want to secretly add an entire dungeon to some randos house, or make it nicer for them :(

Terraria is a good game. It's the only crafting game that's ever clicked with me and I played it a ton, though I spent 90% of that time on the single-player. You can pick it up for a song nowdays and I think the multi-player is reasonably active.

I will try and backfill this post with a good vid of Terraria glitches. To start with, you could make an infinite water/lava machine and flood your whole world.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Eela6 posted:

Terraria is a good game. It's the only crafting game that's ever clicked with me and I played it a ton, though I spent 90% of that time on the single-player. You can pick it up for a song nowdays and I think the multi-player is reasonably active.

I will try and backfill this post with a good vid of Terraria glitches. To start with, you could make an infinite water/lava machine and flood your whole world.

On the other hand, there's people like this in Terraria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAtOGGQ1-8

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Eela6 posted:

And, if you don't want to play with randos, then you can just grab a bunch of copies for like five bucks and give them to your friends. Because it's a cheap game that goes on sale a lot. I think the fact that it's a relatively small scale game is the biggest reason why it's so easy to get into and most people who play it aren't as high strung as in like, Ark or Rust. You can start a new character and it doesn't take long at all to get back up to the level you were at before, and there's relatively minimal investment needed to reach the bosses and various tiers of gear. Whereas in like Ark, you have to keep playing for hours to get past the basic tiers and then it takes no effort for another player to just take it all away from you and you have to start over.

C. Everett Koop posted:

On the other hand, there's people like this in Terraria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAtOGGQ1-8
:shepface:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Someone made a new griefing thread a while back. Might be a good idea to post your griefing stories there too.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764286

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Rectus posted:

Someone made a new griefing thread a while back. Might be a good idea to post your griefing stories there too.

Oh my god, thank you for posting this. The old griefing thread may be the reason I buy platinum once it hits archives.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Steep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY4eFre3St4

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Showed my wife this and she just said "what an rear end in a top hat!" This is the best.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lobok posted:

Showed my wife this and she just said "what an rear end in a top hat!" This is the best.

There's a buncha good videos in the grief thread, not many of them are glitchy tho.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ss13 is a glitch that thinks it is a game

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Is there a new grief thread btw?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Powaqoatse posted:

There's a buncha good videos in the grief thread, not many of them are glitchy tho.

I was always a fan of the various grief threads we've had here but mulekicking people off bridges is so much more accessible as something to share with people. It's simple and intuitive and hilarious without having to know much about videogames.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Powaqoatse posted:

Is there a new grief thread btw?

Rectus posted:

Right on this page, my dude. It didn't really get the same traction as the old one though.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dwarf Fortress

Tars Tarkas posted:

So I retired a fort due to constant Were-Elephants and started a new one in the same universe, some of my migrants are survivors from the previous fort (which i've seen before and is cool) but some of those migrants are dead survivors from the previous fort. As in they died but are showing up alive on the edge of the map, but they don't move and people bring them water (and they can spot Kobold thieves, something i've not had to worry about for like 5 forts!) They are listed as only having injuries they had before the injuries that killed them in their descriptions/thoughts, but the wounds list has the missing limbs they got when they died in glorious combat against the Were-Elephant hordes (which might be why they aren't moving as they are missing limbs.) They even get designated a coffin despite the game counting them as alive. I used DFHack to kill one as I was worried it was going to corrupt the game but a second one has now shown up so I'm leaving him alive to see if the eventual goblin invasion notices him. They aren't zombies or weres, they are just people who should be dead but aren't.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The follow up to that

quote:

The second living dead guy died of dehydration when all the lakes froze for the winter and there was no water in the first cavern level. RIP dead guy who is now dead again. Also one of my migrants in the next wave was one of the were-elephants, a character I had actually renamed with "were-" in his name and was sealed in a wall. My militia killed him without casualties because he decided to try to beat them with socks instead of biting them, and then turned back to dwarf and was stabbed. One of the pets that came with the old fort refuges was a war dog I had trained that came complete with injuries sustained in the old fort, I didn't know they reused animals like sentient creatures but it makes sense.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dwarf Fortress always produces the most amazing stories but I've never once managed to figure out how to get farming to work despite putting several hours into the game. So all of my dwarves just starve to death.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Dwarf Fortress always produces the most amazing stories but I've never once managed to figure out how to get farming to work despite putting several hours into the game. So all of my dwarves just starve to death.

This also happens to me in my real-life dwarf fortress off of the highway

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

from what I've seen, read, and experienced, getting food up and running is simple as hell. Initially, you can designate foraging and fishing zones, or just designate one-time areas for dwarves to gather food from the wild. Once you've got some underground dug up, you can feed a full fortress on a 5x5 plot of plump helmets alone.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Always make sure you're buying as much food as you possibly can from the traders and get a butcher's shop built quickly so your hunters can process their kills instead of having them go to waste. When your dwarven liaison asks when they want tell them you want as much booze, brewable materials, and meat as they can haul. And remember you can cook seeds to turn them into exquisite meals.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

neogeo0823 posted:

from what I've seen, read, and experienced, getting food up and running is simple as hell. Initially, you can designate foraging and fishing zones, or just designate one-time areas for dwarves to gather food from the wild. Once you've got some underground dug up, you can feed a full fortress on a 5x5 plot of plump helmets alone.

I get all the components. I tell dwarves to hunt, fish and farm but then something goes wrong and everyone starves instead of what I told them to do. No one hauls away dwarf corpses either.

Last Chance posted:

This also happens to me in my real-life dwarf fortress off of the highway

Truckstop Sim 2017.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I haven't played in a while but Dwarf Therapist was always a must have for assigning jobs. Maybe try using that?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Dwarves are stupid as gently caress and will gladly let the fortress starve because they were hauling an endless supply of stones to stockpiles if you don't set their jobs right.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Farecoal posted:

I haven't played in a while but Dwarf Therapist was always a must have for assigning jobs. Maybe try using that?

This is the answer. Get the LNP, and type "enable autolabor" in the secondary window when you fire up the fortress. Labor issues are solved.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

This is the answer. Get the LNP, and type "enable autolabor" in the secondary window when you fire up the fortress. Labor issues are solved.

Got my tabs mixed up and for a moment I thought this was the AusPol thread.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

cheese-cube posted:

Got my tabs mixed up and for a moment I thought this was the AusPol thread.

I read this and thought I was in the DF thread for a second.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
In Subnautica, an underwater survival game, there is currently a rare bug that causes the entire ocean to despawn, often sending the player plummeting to their death when they hit the sea floor, depending on how far down that might be.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I was watching some guy on Twitch play Doom 2016, and he got killed so hard that he didn't die properly.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVFFHIucXs

Glitches where everybody but you straight up vanishes from existence frighten me, so I jumped into a toilet until I fell into the sky and died

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVFFHIucXs

Glitches where everybody but you straight up vanishes from existence frighten me, so I jumped into a toilet until I fell into the sky and died

Catholics got raptured.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
X
X
X
X
X

edited for big-rear end webms

Dragonwagon has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Jan 1, 2017

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

General Specific posted:

Farming simulators mostly seem to be farm equipment simulators. I'd love to see a new SimFarm with all of the land management, crop choice/rotation, etc simulated.

SimAgri does all that but you have to pay to unlock it.

https://giant.gfycat.com/CloseIcyAttwatersprairiechicken.mp4

"Dude, your rear end is so rank it gave the goalie a seizure!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

To be honest, I'm really impressed that the engine can let a cop surf a car door & while still keeping the shotgun trained on a lifeless civilian.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Throwing in an empty post or two to help push this

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
thread to a new page.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Pneub posted:

Throwing in an empty post or two to help push this

So it is not just me that this page is making my computer dry heave.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's all Dragonwagon's fault.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I too would like a new page so my browser stops locking up

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Yeah sorry, I pasted the links for the mobile versions of those webms, but then they somehow got replaced with the big ones when the forum embedded them. I'll turn them into links.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Dragonwagon posted:

Yeah sorry, I pasted the links for the mobile versions of those webms, but then they somehow got replaced with the big ones when the forum embedded them. I'll turn them into links.

I don't know that you can. Posting webms/gifvs as links is how you embed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Astrofig posted:

"Dude, your rear end is so rank it gave the goalie a seizure!"
The goalie is still standing, and it's not Lundqvist's fault that proximity to his butt is a religious experience.