Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
No stat corrections please.

If that stands, that's 2 Super Bowls this season, and a "championship" in the consolation bracket to secure the #1 draft pick. Not a bad season at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I was down 2.7 and any Detroit TD on their 2nd to last drive would've given his Dallas D a -3 and the win to me. Instead Stafford fumbles on the 3 yard line. :(

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

BonoMan posted:

Alright I'm in to my week 17 championship! And I beat my jackass arch rival to get there.

Anybody else in a week 17 game?

I am, and I have Bell. My opponent has Brown so maybe a wash. Nah I'm screwed

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
gently caress you Dez and your bullshit TD pass.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Felter Chesthard posted:

I am, and I have Bell. My opponent has Brown so maybe a wash. Nah I'm screwed

I got DJ going against his Bell

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I won my fantasy league and $200 bucks last night, yay!

MVP: Jay Ajayi

Comeback Player of the Year: Jordy Nelson

Biggest disappointment: Todd Gurley

I want to thank Matt Prater for missing his lone field goal attempt last night. I couldn't have won this fake football championship without you.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BonoMan posted:

Alright I'm in to my week 17 championship! And I beat my jackass arch rival to get there.

Anybody else in a week 17 game?

Week 16 combined with 17. I'm currently up by 43.3 which is nice but in no way secure.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Well, Tate didn't score 50+ points so I won! Thank you DJ for totally being worth the $64 out of 200 auction dollars. Thank you DeMarco Murray for being worth well over the $6 I got you for. Thank you Matt Bryant for being the first kicker I've kept from start to finish. Thank you Jarvis Landry for being the only annoyance on my team. Thanks Russell Wilson for.... picking it up towards the end (minus that 5 ints game)

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Won all four out of four leagues I was playing in. Only two were for money, but WHO CAAAARES.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
My opponent has Roethlisberger and Bell - both projected to have 0 points. Is it confirmed they aren't playing? I need to pillage the waivers and take up all the good options if that's the case (I don't think he's aware just yet)

edit: nm he has Cousins as his backup. Time to rollout Crowder AND DJax (assuming his jaw is ok) to offset any scoring!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Was only in two leagues, made it to the finals in one (lost in the semis in the other)

:toot: So glad benching Tyreke didn't burn me.

Thanks for all the good times, goons. Now to decide on who joins DJ as my second keeper next year.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Docjowles posted:

I've had a bunch of these and they are the worst. Lose in the semis and then your team outscores either finalist by like 40 the next week. Goondolences.

This happened to me in the goon all-IDP league. I was one of the top 1-2 in points for all season long, then my team totally poo poo the bed and gave me a first round playoff exit. I set the highest score among all teams in the subsequent rounds so I totally could have won it all had I made it through that first round :smith:

Just a PSA, this all defense league was a ton of fun and I recommend it to anyone looking for some extra fantasy shenanigans next year.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

coronaball posted:

I was down 2.7 and any Detroit TD on their 2nd to last drive would've given his Dallas D a -3 and the win to me. Instead Stafford fumbles on the 3 yard line. :(

I too lost on Staffords fumble. I was down by the slimmest of margins and this goofy gently caress fumbles it.

gently caress you Detroit. gently caress you Zach Zenner. gently caress you Matt Stafford. Un loving believable that Dez god drat Bryant can throw a TD LEFT HANDED while you suck the biggest balls possible and can't throw one at all.

Lesson learned. Don't gently caress around with medicore QBs. I'm totally drafting a guy that can throw touchdowns instead of some funslinger that doesnt funsling anymore.

If I had played DJax over Amari "not good" Cooper I would've won. If I had played Carson "2015 was a mirage" Palmer IN SEATTLE I would've won.

gently caress.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 27, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

First time in three years I didn't win at least one league. I gotta say, I am not a fan of this. Gonna have to destroy all you spurglords next year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Santheb posted:

I too lost on Staffords fumble. I was down by the slimmest of margins and this goofy gently caress fumbles it.

gently caress you Detroit. gently caress you Zach Zenner. gently caress you Matt Stafford. Un loving believable that Dez god drat Bryant can throw a TD LEFT HANDED while you suck the biggest balls possible and can't throw one at all.

Lesson learned. Don't gently caress around with medicore QBs. I'm totally drafting a guy that can throw touchdowns instead of some funslinger that doesnt funsling anymore.

If I had played DJax over Amari "not good" Cooper I would've won. If I had played Carson "2015 was a mirage" Palmer IN SEATTLE I would've won.

gently caress.

Looks like I was right all along when I said Jameis > Stafford :smuggo:

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Brate to IR, thanks for the TD helping me win the championship, get better soon homie.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
poo poo I forgot to pick up DeAngelo Williams since my opponent has Bell. He picked up him this morning. For some reason I thought Toussaint was the handcuff. Blargh.

edit: Also is there a chance of Brees sitting? As far as I know they are knocked out of the playoffs but he's still projected to play. Why would ESPN project him as playing for nothing?

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 28, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Because players commonly play for nothing in the last game if they're not going to the playoffs.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

IcePhoenix posted:

Because players commonly play for nothing in the last game if they're not going to the playoffs.

Well yeah I get that. But it just seems like if nothing is on the line then it might be a bit foolish to play your studs lest they get injured for nothing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BonoMan posted:

Well yeah I get that. But it just seems like if nothing is on the line then it might be a bit foolish to play your studs lest they get injured for nothing.

That's how New Orleans got Drew Brees in the first place.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BonoMan posted:

They still have to get people to watch the game.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Thomas Rawls: drops a week-ruining 0.8 for us in championship week, leaves the game in the 2nd quarter due to a "shoulder bruise", and then is a full participant in practice on Wednesday. Welcome to the #1 spot on the 2017 Do Not Draft list!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

Thomas Rawls: drops a week-ruining 0.8 for us in championship week, leaves the game in the 2nd quarter due to a "shoulder bruise", and then is a full participant in practice on Wednesday. Welcome to the #1 spot on the 2017 Do Not Draft list!

All running backs not named David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott, or Leveon Bell suck. Draft accordingly.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Mccoy and demarco tho

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i know the "draft RBs to swerve because everyone goes zero RB" seems good in practice, but it's actually dumb don't do it. Dope WRs and mid-round RBs all day err day

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Double post gently caress TEs

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i know the "draft RBs to swerve because everyone goes zero RB" seems good in practice, but it's actually dumb don't do it. Dope WRs and mid-round RBs all day err day

Didn't even the best ADP WRs underperform this year? I feel like the good RBs were much more valuable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Actually just draft good players and don't bump someone up your board because other players who play the same position suck. God bless and goodnight.

Edit: and anyone who says "take position x in round y" is a charlatan

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 29, 2016

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I got burned by Hopkins because he can somehow produce with Ryan Mallett but not Brock Osweiler.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

I got burned by Hopkins because he can somehow produce with Ryan Mallett but not Brock Osweiler.

No, you got burned by Brock Osweiler who is so lovely that he could even make DeAndre Hopkins look bad.

Next year I am definitely buying low on Hopkins, Robinson, and Lamar Miller.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Teams on my hate list: Chargers, Panthers, Texans, Jets, Browns, Giants except OBJ, Bengals, and 49ers except Hyde. Been avoiding them the last two years and it worked out.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Looked up my draft picks this year and :lol: that I finished third

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Actually just draft good players and don't bump someone up your board because other players who play the same position suck. God bless and goodnight.

Edit: and anyone who says "take position x in round y" is a charlatan

You just need to be clairvoyant and know all the good round 6 RBs ahead of time homes :madmax:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

RBX posted:

Teams on my hate list: Chargers, Panthers, Texans, Jets, Browns, Giants except OBJ, Bengals, and 49ers except Hyde. Been avoiding them the last two years and it worked out.

My No Eagles policy had served me well

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Word of advice, if you agree to do a money league, pay your drat dues :smith:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No, you got burned by Brock Osweiler who is so lovely that he could even make DeAndre Hopkins look bad.

Next year I am definitely buying low on Hopkins, Robinson, and Lamar Miller.

It was an early week this season when I finally watched the Texans and noticed that Osweiler was giving away every single shotgun snap by dropping his hand before he hiked the ball. That moment I started firing off trade offers to whoever would listen and no one would bite or give me something better back (I ended up shooting down a LeSean McCoy offer, go figure.)

I'm definitely going after Hopkins again next year though. All you have to do is throw the ball at him and he produces, plus he still got an insane amount of targets this year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Lamar Miller, Allen Robinson and DeAndre Hopkins are gonna be great value next year.

My favorite part of the 0 RB draft strategy was when my 0 ppr league decided to implement it as a whole. Lol.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Need some help

Looks like OBJ will either not play or get lower reps, so I need a replacement. I have:

Edelman - He's likely in the same position
Snead
D. Jackson
A. Thielen - I'm looking at him the hardest because of his performance last week. I know he likely won't duplicate it but it'd be tough to not have him in.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TUS posted:

Word of advice, if you agree to do a money league, pay your drat dues :smith:

You can't post something like this and not tell the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I drafted a TE and a QB before round 5. Ask me how it feels to be a champion.

:whatup:

• Locked thread