Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

DogonCrook posted:

The posts where you have stated this has probably been skipped over because this thread is filled with an immense amount of unrelated nonsense. Thats why this happens, you have to disclaimer everything. Eightace has been out for almost a year now if i remember correctly and has said so multiple times. Why the hell would he know about ly?

Also on the engine change front, whats the smallest amount of their code you can use before you have to slap ly on there somewhere? I assume its if you use any at all.. Announcing a partnership or whatever doesnt tell you anything at all about what is used and what isnt, its all useless speculation. Imo it will all shake out anyways. This thread is reaching pretty hard right now.

This subforum should be gassed. This is something awful, there are endless opportunities to make fun of spergs here, and there are appropriate threads for that (that are far funnier than this poo poo).

On the subject of sc specifically its more interesting if both sides can discuss this poo poo on a more level playing field like the regular games forum. Probably more productive too.. I say that as someone who believes they are commiting fraud. Im very imterested in making sure the truth comes out about this and that cig is publicly shamed and ridiculed for this absurd and terrible behavior, but this just isnt the place to do it anymore. Its a poo poo show with copious amounts of snobbery on pretty much every subject, and a whole lot of cringe. Im not directing this at anybody cause all of this poo poo has its place but its loving stupid to try and do it all in one thread. I mean if you do give a poo poo about the implications of this, or consumer rights and protections, this is a horrible way to go about it.

Like 90% you are good people, so i want to make clear its not personal, its just that the thread is poo poo. Its the seinfield of threads, but it hasnt been funny for a long rear end time. Imo if its not relevant or funny find another thread. Theres cat threads, and burger threads, and whiskey threads, and im sorry but i just dont give a gently caress about what an ex star citizens has to say about any of those subjects if it's going to carry on for 15 pages. Like there is specifically a thread for akward, ugly, or gross where an sc sperg will slot right in and we can all laugh without having to make it personal and creepy etc.

Im drunk so im just going to say it, this is culty and a lot of you are on the spectrum. Some of you are autistic too.. lol get it?.. haha

get a refund.
circle with a dot in the center

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
here is development

you can't even get a loving guy to make a slight change in any goddamn thing without everything breaking or everyone complaining or wanting to change another goddamn thing or revert some other change because people are loving stupid and the software they create is only as smart as they are

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

you guys still give a poo poo about this? nice

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
i'm confused are we supposed to make fun of the sperg that is melting down because he is forcing himself to read things he doesn't like or agree with him?

Google Butt posted:

you guys still give a poo poo about this? nice

says the guy that also melts down if someone likes a subforum he doesn't like

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 27, 2016

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Im the guy(s) ridiculing others for posting in this thread and reading it as i post in the thread and read it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The real reason is CIG burned all their bridges to crytec with one of Roberts classic meltdowns and they refuse to work with CIG now. Roberts and co still needed an insane amount of help with the engine and they are not able to do it alone, so they had to find a way to get support from their engine makers.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
CR in early 2016: STAR MARINE IS ALREADY IN SHUT UP ABOUT IT

-panics offscreen and cusses at every employee, fires interns at random for problems that don't exist.

-CR inks deal with Amazon-

CR: ALL HANDS ON DECK FOR SQUADRON 42 STAR MARINE!

-CIG puts out mediocre space shootymans in less than a year. Its totally broken-

-CR triea to pimp amazon-

CR: THIS IS COOL AND GOOD YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME!

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i'm confused are we supposed to make fun of the sperg that is melting down because he is forcing himself to read things he doesn't like or agree with him?

says the guy that also melts down if someone likes a subforum he doesn't like

I dont know where you got the impression that it troubles me at all to laugh at you.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

DogonCrook posted:

I dont know where you got the impression that it troubles me at all to laugh at you.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

DogonCrook posted:

The posts where you have stated this has probably been skipped over because this thread is filled with an immense amount of unrelated nonsense. Thats why this happens, you have to disclaimer everything. Eightace has been out for almost a year now if i remember correctly and has said so multiple times. Why the hell would he know about ly?

Also on the engine change front, whats the smallest amount of their code you can use before you have to slap ly on there somewhere? I assume its if you use any at all.. Announcing a partnership or whatever doesnt tell you anything at all about what is used and what isnt, its all useless speculation. Imo it will all shake out anyways. This thread is reaching pretty hard right now.

This subforum should be gassed. This is something awful, there are endless opportunities to make fun of spergs here, and there are appropriate threads for that (that are far funnier than this poo poo).

On the subject of sc specifically its more interesting if both sides can discuss this poo poo on a more level playing field like the regular games forum. Probably more productive too.. I say that as someone who believes they are commiting fraud. Im very imterested in making sure the truth comes out about this and that cig is publicly shamed and ridiculed for this absurd and terrible behavior, but this just isnt the place to do it anymore. Its a poo poo show with copious amounts of snobbery on pretty much every subject, and a whole lot of cringe. Im not directing this at anybody cause all of this poo poo has its place but its loving stupid to try and do it all in one thread. I mean if you do give a poo poo about the implications of this, or consumer rights and protections, this is a horrible way to go about it.

Like 90% you are good people, so i want to make clear its not personal, its just that the thread is poo poo. Its the seinfield of threads, but it hasnt been funny for a long rear end time. Imo if its not relevant or funny find another thread. Theres cat threads, and burger threads, and whiskey threads, and im sorry but i just dont give a gently caress about what an ex star citizens has to say about any of those subjects if it's going to carry on for 15 pages. Like there is specifically a thread for akward, ugly, or gross where an sc sperg will slot right in and we can all laugh without having to make it personal and creepy etc.

Im drunk so im just going to say it, this is culty and a lot of you are on the spectrum. Some of you are autistic too.. lol get it?.. haha

get a refund.

no u

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

DogonCrook posted:

did you have a Rip Van Winkle-length nap while this thread was in the Games subforum then

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I'm mad about shitposts! :mad:

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
The existence a thread full of bored nerds taking about a game that doesn't even exist on a dead gay comedy website full of equally pointless shitposting regarding every possible inane topic, itself residing in a forgotten corner of an internet overflowing with irrelevant garbage spewed forth by faceless legions of despicable morons is really upsetting my delicate sensibilities.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

KM Scorchio posted:

The existence a thread full of bored nerds taking about a game that doesn't even exist on a dead gay comedy website full of equally pointless shitposting regarding every possible inane topic, itself residing in a forgotten corner of an internet overflowing with irrelevant garbage spewed forth by faceless legions of despicable morons is really upsetting my delicate sensibilities.

Mhm exactly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

I'm late to the holiday baking party, but I wanted to say thanks for the introduction to Portugese (Brazilian?) sweets. I fell way down a youtube hole on that one, and now think I may have a mild addiction to watching cooking shows in languages I don't speak or read.

Here's the holiday baking from my house: .

I'd never had homemade cinnamon rolls before, but my wife has been on a baking kick lately. They were amazing.

The recipe made way too many for just the two of us though, so we took all the extras to the closest fire station. They were warmly received, to put it mildly.

Star citizen sucks.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

DogonCrook posted:

If you're having fun then stop bitching friend

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

KM Scorchio posted:

what if they're wrong though

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

pet that catte

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Project sketch:

I like digital synthesizers and want to make my ownish design. This arduino-compatible has some interesting features and has the capabilities needed for some pretty cool processing:

However, I also want to be able to turn knobs and push buttons and stuff to adjust the sound. Making a functional keyboard from tactile switches is absolutely possible but I've thought of a dumber solution: buy one of these cheap chinese toy keyboards and mod the keys into input:

$1.50:

$5:

$10:

Now that's so cheap it almost feels stupid. I've bought one of each of these little plastic miracles, will let you know how it works out

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

XK posted:

It is simply that I do personally have a background in software development and actually do understand the work that has happened, has been made, and still needs to be made. I also am just tired of seeing posts and huge discussions about something that is a trivial change as though the sky is falling or the world is coming to an end. I'm sorry you don't have an understanding of how software development works, and thus don't know what is trivial or not, but as such, I would hope you would either learn a bit about it before spouting off on something you don't have knowledge of as though you are an expert and mislead everyone who reads your posts and might mistake you for someone who knows what they are speaking about.

Now excuse me while I bottle my smug dismissive attitude and sell it as an endlessly renewable clean source of energy. I can't waste any more of it by continuing to allow my thoughts to mingle with those of such lesser people.

:mad: feel mai raeg omg downvoted

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Now that's so cheap it almost feels stupid. I've bought one of each of these little plastic miracles, will let you know how it works out

Please do, that looks fun. I've dabbled in home-made electronic instruments, but you really need the hardware to take the work out of timers etc, arduino is really limited that way.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 27, 2016

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
why do gamers drink so much?

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
is it the twitch streams?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

DogonCrook posted:

get a refund.

This contains much concerned musings and no funny. To shame.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

what if they're wrong though

No the nerds are right the game really doesn't exist

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

sorla78 posted:

why do gamers drink so much?

Fail to develop social skills > drink too much to try and relieve social anxiety > realise that when drunk your personality is still cripplingly awful > become reclusive gamer nerd > invest in star citizen

KM Scorchio fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 27, 2016

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

You can swap out "invest in star citizen" with "post obsessively about star citizen on somethingawful dot com" it's still basically the same progression.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Project sketch:

I like digital synthesizers and want to make my ownish design. This arduino-compatible has some interesting features and has the capabilities needed for some pretty cool processing:

However, I also want to be able to turn knobs and push buttons and stuff to adjust the sound. Making a functional keyboard from tactile switches is absolutely possible but I've thought of a dumber solution: buy one of these cheap chinese toy keyboards and mod the keys into input:

$1.50:

$5:

$10:

Keep us updated on this, I am thinking of making something vaguely similar in the future. Also for tax purposes post pictures/audio of a cat playing it

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
I was wondering are the repair droids still in, or did they get removed again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtbOdrRbOTI

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ewe2 posted:

Please do, that looks fun. I've dabbled in home-made electronic instruments, but you really need the hardware to take the work out of timers etc, arduino is really limited that way.

It's a 32-bit ARM chip, so it hasn't got the same limitations as the atmega boards. They've just ported the standard arduino libraries plus made some cool additions, especially audio wise. Still limited ofc, but miles beyond what you can hack together with a standard arduino board

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

loving hell, I wanna grab that pussy so bad I can almost feel it.

Gorgeous.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

It's creeps like you who give this fine thread a bad name buddy

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Our cat looks exactly the same.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

After following this thread for some time I have come to the conclusion that it is poo poo and so am I.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

KM Scorchio posted:

It's creeps like you who give this fine thread a bad name buddy
Finally someone that recognizes the work I put into this thread.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I had one just like it too. I used to think he was a chartreux or something because I never seen that fur in stray cats but I've noticed that these cats aren't quite like the chartreux. Still the fur is exactly the same, gorgeous silver.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 27, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I made a new friend

Her name is Sombra.

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.
I think we're missing the woods for the trees. Lumberyard may well be have been easy to join with starengine, but there must be a significant amount of custom platform scaffolding unrelated to the engine that means the jig is up for their devops guys.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Lets not descend into casual racism here.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Finally someone that recognizes the work I put into this thread.

I had one just like it too. I used to think he was a chartreux or something because I never seen that fur in stray cats but I've noticed that these cats aren't quite like the chartreux. Still the fur is exactly the same, gorgeous silver.

In dutch they're called "blauwe Rus", blue Russian.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
L U M B E R Y A R D
U
M
B
E
R
Y
A
R
D

Good game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I imagine it would take two days to search through the code to replace every instance of "Cryengine" or "Crytek" with "Lumberyard" or "Amazon".