Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

John Allison has always tried to keep Bad Machinery somewhat separable from the tangled story webs of his other comics. The thing you're proposing would undo that in the most instantaneous and drastic way possible.

I'm pretty sure this is just a side story for the holidays, and that "I wonder where Erin is" panel isn't even part of the BM story proper. Which means they probably aren't making it back to Tackleford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
You know, the latest page of Stand Still Stay Silent should be a horrifying cliffhanger, but the squealing fluffball undercuts that. I mean that in a good way, mind. (Don't know if I should tag this or not, but I like to be safe)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yvonmukluk posted:

So I've just realised something. Assuming they don't get eaten by wendigos and get back to Tackleford, Erin and The Boy are back at school age. Which means they'll be contemporaries (maybe a year or two above in age) of the Mystery Teens. So I think we might see Erin vs. Mildred.

I bet they end up in Wales

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

does no one in this thread feel shame

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Incredible

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

In today's Kobayashi Maru: It's SLIME TIME!:barf:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Goddamn, Dan McNinja. :stare:

Nice callback to the scene where Rayner gets laughed at for his beard and he snaps some random dude's neck while everyone is cracking up

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Poppy's most recent punchline: A deadly combination of hilarious and perhaps a bit too accurate

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Maybe art therapy really will help Lily. :unsmith:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
does anyone know what is going on in power nap

i have no idea anymore

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Power Nap is still a thing?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I check it like three times a year so I dont know when the last update was but a woman pulled a sword out of her mouth and that wasnt happening last time I checked.

is it dead?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

PunkBoy posted:

Nice callback to the scene where Rayner gets laughed at for his beard and he snaps some random dude's neck while everyone is cracking up

It's ad that it is coming to a close, but what a finish!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

GlyphGryph posted:

I check it like three times a year so I dont know when the last update was but a woman pulled a sword out of her mouth and that wasnt happening last time I checked.

is it dead?

It updates like once a month. I can't really remember what the deal is but there's dram poo poo bleeding into the real world right now.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

Dan is having the time of his life right now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

PunkBoy posted:

The whole family is getting in on the fun.

Poor Dracula. Killed by sick hacks.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
LSE kickstarter is up and the target is $10k. Fair warning, highest tier has only five slots and I took one so that's four.

And it's hit 1.5k in like fifteen minutes so I think there's little to no danger of the book not happening.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 26, 2016

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

LSE kickstarter is up and the target is $10k. Fair warning, highest tier has only five slots and I took one so that's four.

And it's hit 1.5k in like fifteen minutes so I think there's little to no danger of the book not happening.

Already past $7k. $170 was all gone by the time I got there, but the $100 tier with original strip art is still available.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It's already at 8.7k and I don't think Mary was expecting it to hit that (or the KS Goal) so quickly.

Edit: And it's funded. That was fast.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 26, 2016

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

She faces the webcomic artists' worst fear: Getting ten times your funding and feeling like you have to do something to justify the amount of money you got.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ah, the "Rich Burlew" problem.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

It's so dumb that so many kickstarters end up weaker at their main goal because they got too much money and expanded their scope too far. Hopefully that's happened enough that people have learned by now to just keep the extra money and focus on the already-difficult task of delivering a million books (or whatever).

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 27, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ditocoaf posted:

It's so dumb that so many kickstarters end up weaker at their main goal because they got too much money and expanded their scope too far. Hopefully that's happened enough that people have learned by now to just keep the extra money and focus on the already-difficult task of delivering a million books (or whatever).

part of the problem is that a lot of them budgeted for doing all the non-printing work themselves in their spare time and suddenly the whole project multiplies in scale and they need to start hiring employees if they ever want to deliver, it's not all Thunt/Diaz-grade grifting

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Does KS not have an upper limit for funding?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Haha. Hahaha. No.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Why would it? That's how they make their money

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It looks like all the rewards that involve doing extra personal work are sold out already, all you can get is just the book or the book + stickers. As as long as she's not doing all the shipping herself, more money won't involve more work.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

She faces the webcomic artists' worst fear: Getting ten times your funding and feeling like you have to do something to justify the amount of money you got.

Hopefully she uses some of that cash to hire a guest artist to finish the early chapter re-draws of Kiwi Blitz she started while she focuses on her current projects. They just kind of petered out as she ran out of time for them between her other obligations, and it was neat seeing the first bits redone to give the comic a sort of visual continuity. I hope that does get finished eventually.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

If you limit the nukber of people who can back all your rewards ypu can effectively do this , I'm sure we saw at least 1 terrible RPG KS that didn't make its funding level even if all the reward slots were taken.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

part of the problem is that a lot of them budgeted for doing all the non-printing work themselves in their spare time and suddenly the whole project multiplies in scale and they need to start hiring employees if they ever want to deliver, it's not all Thunt/Diaz-grade grifting

Well she has a "publisher" at hand (and they've done KS since 2013) so that threat is probably mitigated.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Still surprisingly relevant.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

Still surprisingly relevant.

https://twitter.com/SirCinnamon/status/810160839802155008

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
All we need is a new Star Wars release every year for the next 4 years and that comic will have amazing staying power when it comes to relevancy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, you got Rogue One this year, Episode VIII next year, the Han Solo movie in 2018, and Episode IX in 2019, so we're 75% of the way there.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That is, of course, assuming that the phrase "Did you hear about Donald Trump" won't be a phrase entirely without meaning any more by 2019, just from sheer oversaturation.

Also, smoking radioactive craters can't talk.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's Nedroid's dickbutt of proving the opposite of the point of the original comic.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Astronomically speaking, all webcomics are far too specific to be relevant for more than a short time.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Begemot posted:

It looks like all the rewards that involve doing extra personal work are sold out already, all you can get is just the book or the book + stickers. As as long as she's not doing all the shipping herself, more money won't involve more work.

She's planning on adding more of the personalized rewards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

She's planning on adding more of the personalized rewards.
Which is exactly the danger of overextending we're worried about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Which is exactly the danger of overextending we're worried about.

Which is why I posted about it!

• Locked thread