Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lt. Danger posted:

What a horrible useless post.

Some people like to rationalize away with ME3 instead of just shrugging and accepting that it was a piece of poo poo game that completely mishandled the narrative.

I mean they're wrong, of course. You can't rationalize away a steaming pile of maggot ridden horse diarrhea that someone has used their finger to draw an "N7" in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lt. Danger posted:

Hey, buddy

Don't sign your posts :smug:

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

CharlestonJew posted:

Hey, buddy

Don't sign your posts :smug:

noooo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Actually mass effect 3 was a really good game

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I enjoyed ME 3, the endings were meh, as was Starboy(the kid, the Album and the song are great). But I still had fun actually playing it, and there were some great moments like the Krogan homeworld.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

no bones about it posted:

I don't know if this has been asked but, do quarians have a cloaca?

No. Just an induction port. :heysexy:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I should have put :tali: in my question about quarian cloacas, missed opportunity really.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

no bones about it posted:

I should have put :tali: in my question about quarian cloacas, missed opportunity really.

Bioware forums are that way. :frogout:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

Bioware forums are that way. :frogout:

Actually, the Bioware Forums are shut down

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Not a problem, the inmates rebuilt the asylum: http://bsn.boards.net/

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
You can import your Mass Effect 2 save into Frog Fractions 2 for the true Mass Effect 3 ending now.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Not a problem, the inmates rebuilt the asylum: http://bsn.boards.net/

"Mass Effect Trilogy Character and Romance
Discuss the original Mass Effect Trilogy Characters and Romances"

Was that the name of that forum on the official forums?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Good.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

AngryBooch posted:

You can import your Mass Effect 2 save into Frog Fractions 2 for the true Mass Effect 3 ending now.

The fact we live in a world where a) Frog Fractions 2 is a game that somehow exists, and b) it allows save importing from Mass Effect 2, is beyond my comprehension.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Speaking of. Been reinstalling ME2 and 3 because I'm a broken person. Are there any recommended mods, besides the of course obligatory Bigger Miranda Butt and the one to make a 360 controller work for 2? I've been reading about an 'Expanded Galaxy mod' on :nexus: which just sounds like every bad thing you could ask for, poorly explained and documented.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well you want the mod that adds transparent latex Boobs'n'Butt windows on Mirandas catsuit.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Honestly I think Yvonne Strahovski's butt is fine the way it is.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I think there's a mod that replace Miranda's skintight suit with Ashley's ME3 suit (with Cerberus colors).

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Bogart posted:

Speaking of. Been reinstalling ME2 and 3 because I'm a broken person. Are there any recommended mods, besides the of course obligatory Bigger Miranda Butt and the one to make a 360 controller work for 2? I've been reading about an 'Expanded Galaxy mod' on :nexus: which just sounds like every bad thing you could ask for, poorly explained and documented.

EGM is actually pretty good if you want more callbacks to the first 2 games and more stuff to explore. It doesn't change any original stuff, just adds more and expands on stuff already in game. It has some really nice touches.
It also adds new armours and shops to buy new stuff from.
I'd say give it a try. It's well done.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Cool. Just wanted some reinforcement that it's not made by crazy people who demand Oblivion gates in the middle of Kvatch.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bogart posted:

You don't need any mods, not even graphics mods. It's fine (for Bioware) as it is.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I know. But I've played em both before. Figured I'd take advantage of my PC. :v: I'm somehwat physically disabled so using an Xbox controller is pretty useful to me compared to a raised keyboard, so I already need to get some controller support for ME2 and ME3 MP. While I'm in this den of iniquity, might as well keep going.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 28, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Where do mods even come from?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
a bad place

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Mass Effect games are not easy to mod, though people figured out pretty quick how to mod the textures in them.
So you get wonderful mods that make ME1 look really pretty and improve on all the low res textures..

and then you get the other type of texture mod.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Thor-Stryker posted:

Honestly I think Yvonne Strahovski's butt is fine the way it is.

I had forgotten all about the gratuitous rear end shots in the middle of serious scenes, what the hell bioware

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Bogart posted:

Bigger Miranda Butt

Show me

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

unrelated I saw these while searching for Miranda rear end, and think they're fantastic.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 28, 2016

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Bogart posted:

The best ME2 mod by far is the one the removes all the minigames. Controller mod is also good.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Yeah that's true. If there are any mods, go fo the ones that get rid of planetary scanning.

The Hi-res mods aren't that fantastic given the hassle since there are SO many.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hampig posted:

The best ME2 mod by far is the one the removes all the minigames. Controller mod is also good.

:agreed:
I play ME2 completely vanilla except I use Gibbed's mod tools to cheat myself max resources. Because gently caress scanning forever.

It does nothing but improve the game by eliminating the resource gathering aspect.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Totally agree about skipping planet scanning but just to clarify there's also a new-ish one that lets you skip hacking and connect-the-dots, and it's also awesome.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/63/

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

Yeah that's true. If there are any mods, go fo the ones that get rid of planetary scanning.

The Hi-res mods aren't that fantastic given the hassle since there are SO many.

There's a single 1.4gb mod that changes almost all textures for ME2 and ME3 at once, called ALOT. I think it's all the better texture packs put together.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

hampig posted:

Totally agree about skipping planet scanning but just to clarify there's also a new-ish one that lets you skip hacking and connect-the-dots, and it's also awesome.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/63/

This, besides controller support, is the best mod. Its such a blessing to skip all the minigames.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
http://i.imgur.com/fPpcWRd.gifv

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
When I replayed ME2 on xbone once I got access to the galaxy map I just put on a podcast and scanned all the rich planets until I had 300k of each resource.

I'm not sure why the gently caress ME3 kept scanning, it felt so stupidly out of place. At least they dropped the hacking/bypassing minigames.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

:ironicat:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I don't really care about whatever new game Bioware puts out at this point but this seems like the only suitable thread to ask... is there a reason the Origin logo for ME3 is this weird, cryptic picture of the entire Middle East on fire?

What does EA mean by this?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I don't really care about whatever new game Bioware puts out at this point but this seems like the only suitable thread to ask... is there a reason the Origin logo for ME3 is this weird, cryptic picture of the entire Middle East on fire?

What does EA mean by this?

As I recall there were a bunch of wallpapers of Shepard standing in front of various parts of Earth, all of which are on fire, and that is an unfortunately specific zoomed in portion of one of them.

Or someone on Origin was trying to be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Even worse, when you try to buy the ME2 & 3 DLCS, they make you buy it with fuckin' Bioware points. I thought we were done with this fake money bullshit.