Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

Just lost in the battle tree to a walrein that landed every sheer cold.

Ah, that Walrein. He's a multi-generation veteran of the battle facilities and he's been popping up since Emerald. He holds a Quick Claw and his moveset is always Sheer Cold, Fissure, Surf and Attract.

he exists to punish Man's hubris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That's a good pic buy who puts specs on Tapu Lele? Its all about the life orb or stupid stupid scarf.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 27, 2016

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

ZeroCount posted:

Ah, that Walrein. He's a multi-generation veteran of the battle facilities and he's been popping up since Emerald. He holds a Quick Claw and his moveset is always Sheer Cold, Fissure, Surf and Attract.

Well at least now I know who the bastard Walrein is that triggered it's Quick Claw every turn.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

They are all cute

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ElMaligno posted:

They are all cute

Counterpoint: Turtonator

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ZeroCount posted:

None of the Walreins have Quick Claw. The one you're thinking of holds a Lax Incense. Its moveset and item hasn't changed since Emerald.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

I suppose that, if you want to be pedantic, gorgeous, majestic and elegant don't fall under cute.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

None of the Walreins have Quick Claw. The one you're thinking of holds a Lax Incense. Its moveset and item hasn't changed since Emerald.

Huh, guess that's just bad memory on my part.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Internet Kraken posted:

Counter counterpoint: I did not loving stutter.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the cutest pokemon is cute on the inside and outside.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The next global mission is up, and it's to catch 1 million island scan Pokemon.

I don't think they learned from last time.

Oh, and if you participated in the Battle of Alola, you can get your 50 BP now.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

well, didn't last time only included folks who were linked with PGL? This time around you don't have to be in order for it to count, but you get double the points if you are.

cancerianmoth fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 27, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

spit on my clit posted:

the cutest pokemon is cute on the inside and outside.

fun pokedex fact, they die without their shell on unless they're in a pokeball

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
When you get to the Elite 4 and you realize 4/6ths of your team are weak against rock (and one of the other two is Golem who so inconsistently eats poo poo I'm still not sure if he's actually good or bad)

Luckily I had 25 revives saved up but still that got pretty dicey in a couple of spots

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

fun pokedex fact, they die without their shell on unless they're in a pokeball

Yeah and they can't regenerate their shells without healing either so if you knock a Minior's shell off but either K.O it or otherwise don't catch it you've doomed it to a slow and helpless death. Like pulling the wings off a fly.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Any suggestions for the 4th member of my Battle Tree Doubles team? Currently:
Jolly Intimidate Gyarados @ Leftovers, 252 Atk/Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall

Jolly Rough Skin Garchomp @ Life Orb, 252 Atk/Spe
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Outrage
-Poison Jab

Timid Volt Absorb Jolteon @ Bright Powder (planning to upgrade to Balloon), 252 SpA/Spe
-Helping Hand
-T-Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Discharge

Currently Salazzle is in the 4th slot, but out of Nasty Plot, Poison Gas, Venoshock and Flamethrower, I seem to basically only be using Flamethrower. The Fairy resistance and strong fire attack have been crucial so far. Any suggestions?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I recently hit 50 in super doubles and I also had Garchomp/Gyarados leads. If you're liking having a fire type in the back then I really recommend Marowak, I forget what spread I used as I just used my VGC Marowak but a set of Flare Blitz/Shadow Bone/Bonemerang/Protect didn't let me down. It's probably questionable using Bonemerang due to the accuracy but I don't remember it ever being an issue, I'm sure it would have been had I tried to climb higher though.

I also highly recommend not using Outrage on your Garchomp, Outrage is garbage in doubles as you can't choose who you target so you should replace that with Dragon Claw.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The power trade-off is worth it? In that case, why not Dual Chop for sub-breaking?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
All the power of Outrage means nothing if you're forced to target something which resists or is immune to dragon. Dual Chop only has 90 accuracy and that 10% chance to miss will come into play more often than breaking a sub ever will. If you're looking to give Garchomp access to a more powerful move then I really recommend Groundiam-Z, that's the item I used on it to reach the 50 mark as having access to a powerful single target attack to just nuke someone can be very helpful. It also lets you use a ground attack if your Gyarados goes down.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Fantastic IVs just as good as best because I have 3 boxes of Fantastic/Best cutiefly(s)?

Also, do you spread pokerus via battles or running around? I assume you can spread it if there's a pink box with pokerus on one of your pokemon?

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 27, 2016

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
That one happy go lucky pokemon in Pelego that dances back and forth until you accidently click on it trying to get a bean :argh:

Beat the game though, feels good was a really nice game throughout :)

After beating the elite 4 by luck I was really badly underleveled for the following post game trainers though, so I thought hey why not grind through the e4, forgetting that they would be at a higher level. I then realised I only had a single revive left, doh.

I did discover that the old trick of using rare candy as a revive still works though, I think that's been a thing since gen 1?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hair posted:

That one happy go lucky pokemon in Pelego that dances back and forth until you accidently click on it trying to get a bean :argh:

Trick: press down on an easy bean and then just drag the stylus over the rest of them.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Fantastic IVs just as good as best because I have 3 boxes of Fantastic/Best cutiefly(s)?

Fantastic is 30, aka useless.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

30s are good for hidden power.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nessa posted:

It's true. A pokemons' cries can do a lot to affect its' cuteness.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the cutest cry :3:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm pretty new to post game stuff in Pokemon. Is there some point that one can say they have "beaten" a battle tree format, or does it just go on forever?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I want to populate the pokebank but my copy of black is awol. All I have is S. Silver and a copy of Y that I lost interest in after the second gym. Am I boned or is there an easy way to get pokemon from s.s to y in the early game?

My bug team for moon needs heracross and that kickass fire moth, drat it.

If someone's giving away dittos that would also be awesome.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

grilldos posted:

Trick: press down on an easy bean and then just drag the stylus over the rest of them.

:aaaaa:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Has there been any word about when the Bank will update for Sun and Moon, other than "January?"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Cute until you put it to sleep and realize they don't have eyelids.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

That's a good pic buy who puts specs on Tapu Lele? Its all about the life orb or stupid stupid scarf.

psychium z btich

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

psychobilly freakout or whatever looks so cool. the psychic one with the bouncing off barriers

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I'm pretty new to post game stuff in Pokemon. Is there some point that one can say they have "beaten" a battle tree format, or does it just go on forever?

You get a stamp at 50 so probably that.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You get unique berries at like 200.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Beating the Single Tree gets you the Kanto starter Mega stones, it's only 20 battles. Then beating the Super Singles with a 50 streak gets you a stamp, a new pose and the ability to choose the Battle Legend music normally. Then getting to 100 streak nets you a Lansat Berry and a 200 streak get you the Starf Berry. Getting a 50 streak in Super Doubles and Super Multi just gets you a stamp.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that's unfair considering doubles is the more fun game mode.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

psychobilly freakout or whatever looks so cool. the psychic one with the bouncing off barriers

True, it's definitely the coolest type-based Z-move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I really liked Triple rotation battles. Shame they don't see much use these days.