Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Also, goddamn Titanfall 2 campaign is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Man Nintendo's badge thing on the 3DS sure is going in hard with Ashley badges. She seems to have replaced Nikki as the cutesy girl mascot.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

you have controller muscle memory, and speak the language of the medium.

my wife has to look at buttons to press them, won't touch a right analog stick, and misses things like cracked walls she needs to break all the time. shes a whiz at the games she grew up playing with her brother though like breaking pokemon over her knee or owning people at soul caliber

Good point. That reminds me of the d44m review where the dude clearly hadn't played with a right analog stick and it was like watching myself play Halo circa 2002.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Coming from the older games I think Hitman should really be played with opportunities off (I like the mini map off too so there's no hud) but I guess if you're totally new to the series it might be kind of overwhelming with how big the maps are now

I spent yesterday playing Colorado and liked it more than I was expecting since people seemed kind of down on it. (It's weird that Sean Rose had like two thirds of the cool accident kills though when the other 3 targets only had one or two each) Also the escalation mission on that map was a nightmare

And replaying Bangkok I only just realised that the guy voicing Jordan Cross is Lucio from Overwatch

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

opportunities off, challenge descriptions off, minimap off

:hehe:

detective vision on

:shobon:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

well duh

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I might be remembering wrong but I think Absolution had a cool difficulty mode where the hud was completely disabled (including the prompts to like press x to vault etc) that sounded fun but I didn't really want to play that game anymore after getting the trophies

Death to huds

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
This is from Vinny's extra life stream where he played Hitman without knowing what the gently caress he was doing (and being kinda lukewarm about it).

It's appropriately called "The moment Vinny fell in love with Hitman."

Many A True Nerd has a lot of obscenely competent videos but you'll probably spoil yourself on opportunities if you haven't played the levels a lot yet. Still, it could give you a few ideas.
Here's the playlist

Ragequit gifted me the intro pack and I've been making my way through the tutorials and holy gently caress does this game look good. I'll probably end up pulling the trigger on the upgrade pack, everyone was right when they said this is the best Hitman since (or even better than) Blood Money.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Edmond Dantes posted:

Ragequit gifted me the intro pack and I've been making my way through the tutorials and holy gently caress does this game look good. I'll probably end up pulling the trigger on the upgrade pack, everyone was right when they said this is the best Hitman since (or even better than) Blood Money.

Same but Strix got it for me. I can't believe I might actually pay for chunks of an episodic game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The first game I ever beat was:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Super Mario World. I had started playing video games in 85, and it took me six years before I could actually beat one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There were Atari games you could beat? All the ones I had were from the 'just keeps getting harder until you die' school of early game design.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think it might've been Mario World for me too. I didn't have a lot of games on my despised Sega Master System, and they were pretty hard for a babby. Hell, I barely understood how to play the Ghostbusters game. It's possible I beat an NES game at a friend's place and forgot, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

There were Atari games you could beat? All the ones I had were from the 'just keeps getting harder until you die' school of early game design.

Raiders was an adventure game, you had to collect items and "solve" "puzzles" to get to the ending. I had to use a walkthrough in a game magazine.

I might have actually beaten Pitfall! 2 first, I don't recall exactly.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I dunno what the first game I beat was, but I know I learned to read partially due to watching my sister play Dragon Warrior a bunch.

I was maybe 2 or 3 and I remember being able to say "wraith"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bloodychill posted:

I get that, RedBones. When I was thinking about beating games as a kid and all the little nuances to things I learned that now mean my wife hands me the controller or phone when she's getting frustrated with a game I've never played before, confident I'll probably beat the thing that's endlessly stopping on her on my first or second try, I started wondering if it meant anything more than that. Do I have a better handle on patterns in nature? Did it make it easier for me to better understand technology? Something else? Or am I just now really good at playing games based on these arbitrary rules decided on and built on top of by game developers? I'm not sure.

youre good at using controllers and the base concepts of most ivdoe games thats it sorry

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I know I beat Kirby's Adventure back in the day, but I think Kirby is the first game I remember getting 100% (or the first game I remember there even being a percentage to track) and maybe a more boring answer of Mario 1 or 2 being the first game I actually just beat.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello thread! For Christmas Lady Videogames got me a PS4slim with watchdogs 2 and bloodborne.

It's a pretty amazing little console and I like it a heck of a lot more than my PS3. The new DS4 is pretty sweet too! I can now add Bloodborne to Japanuarys games as well. I've not had a chance to load it up yet but am waiting till the new year.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Hello thread! For Christmas Lady Videogames got me a PS4slim with watchdogs 2 and bloodborne.

It's a pretty amazing little console and I like it a heck of a lot more than my PS3. The new DS4 is pretty sweet too! I can now add Bloodborne to Japanuarys games as well. I've not had a chance to load it up yet but am waiting till the new year.

whats ur psn

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i want to change my psn. just once...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I got myself Batman: Arkham Asylum and MadWorld yesterday. Haven't busted out MadWorld yet but I'm enjoying Asylum quite a bit. Probably my favorite part about the game so far is how Joker is always taunting you over the intercom like Grunty in Banjo-Kazooie

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I got myself Batman: Arkham Asylum and MadWorld yesterday. Haven't busted out MadWorld yet but I'm enjoying Asylum quite a bit. Probably my favorite part about the game so far is how Joker is always taunting you over the intercom like Grunty in Banjo-Kazooie

Yeah, Arkham is a fantastic game . It's really amazing how out-of-left-field it came.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno what the first game I beat was, but I know I learned to read partially due to watching my sister play Dragon Warrior a bunch.

I was maybe 2 or 3 and I remember being able to say "wraith"

I knew the word "simultaneous" way earlier than I would have otherwise because knowing what "simultaneous 2-player action!" on videogame boxes meant was key for knowing which games were co-op and therefore more fun.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So apparently I cant buy the complete first season of Hitman now because I bought the intro pack? What the gently caress? Am I doomed to buy each episode individually forever? That sucks.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

So apparently I cant buy the complete first season of Hitman now because I bought the intro pack? What the gently caress? Am I doomed to buy each episode individually forever? That sucks.

There should be something called the upgrade pack

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

same mine is really bad. ps what is yours as well, lets be playstatiosn buddies if that is something u would like. if it isnt then also no worries and go with Christ.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

There should be something called the upgrade pack

I am okay with the distribution method of Hitman in general, but the psn store makes it basically impossible to find and understand this poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Get tf2 and play with us one day

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

There was a change found in ue4 that eluded to sony doing something about this but probably dont hold your breath.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Stux posted:

same mine is really bad. ps what is yours as well, lets be playstatiosn buddies if that is something u would like. if it isnt then also no worries and go with Christ.

of course we'll be psn friends. it's profhalogen. but i wish it were oddium. or oddiummm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snak posted:

I am okay with the distribution method of Hitman in general, but the psn store makes it basically impossible to find and understand this poo poo.

The PSN store is really bad to navigate

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Dungeon Hack has never been re-released on GOG or anything apparently. Do any of these millions of modern roguelikes do a good job of being a successor to dungeon hack?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well now that the sale is over, I was able to find it...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

odysseus, navigating between charybdis and scylla: hey... at least it ain't the psn!! gwahaha

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How does Hitman run on PC? All this Hitman talk convinced me to finally buy it and it's 50% off on Steam.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It plays fine with keyboard and mouse.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

How does Hitman run on PC? All this Hitman talk convinced me to finally buy it and it's 50% off on Steam.

I play the n pc and it runs good and has great controls. More importantly the load times are super quick compared to console and you will probably have to reload a lot when you're learning

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it ran so poorly on my pc i had to get it on ps4. but my computer is old

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also yeah I should say I have a 970 which is strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just watched the Alien: Covenant trailer and suddenly feel like watch Prometheus again.

• Locked thread