Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Lol I know reactionary is too strong a word but these right leaning people who consider themselves to be "apolitical" are the worst.

The technical and correct term is privileged. It's one of the few cases when "privileged" would actually see a proper use.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

MizPiz posted:

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/813127061011308545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Someone who isn't intoxicated/is the right kind of intoxicated come up with an abuela joke.

This is heresy and an affront to God.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

This is heresy and an affront to God.

But enough about Hillary's campaign.

But enough about Hamilton.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean yea no poo poo you should probably hate the crazy bigoted loser more than a teen vogue writer who...wrote some actually good things about how trump is an rear end in a top hat and his daughter shouldn't be off the hook for her part in the campaign because she's a pretty white woman?
i don't disagree, but god help that magazine if they take the fanfare from terminally woke idiots on Twitter as an excuse to do more political posturing. it's a magazine that tells high school girls how to look good for prom and what to buy if you wanna steal the look of the young celebrity icon of the moment. do it once in a while and i'll look the other way, but do it all the time and you end up becoming just another hot take institution

going back to brands, god bless this kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQUhGGSn48g&t=110s

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

get that OUT of my face posted:

i don't disagree, but god help that magazine if they take the fanfare from terminally woke idiots on Twitter as an excuse to do more political posturing. it's a magazine that tells high school girls how to look good for prom and what to buy if you wanna steal the look of the young celebrity icon of the moment. do it once in a while and i'll look the other way, but do it all the time and you end up becoming just another hot take institution

this thread is a loving garbage fire

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/johnjcook/status/751486976210132993?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
instead of using epithets like 'dumpster fire' perhaps use such phrases as 'literally the worst'

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nigga crab pollock posted:

instead of using epithets like 'dumpster fire' perhaps use such phrases as 'literally the worst'

Oh yeah, I still need to watch the third season of that

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

get that OUT of my face posted:

going back to brands, god bless this kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQUhGGSn48g&t=110s
you seem to be implying that "(telling) high school girls how to look good for prom and what to buy if you wanna steal the look of the young celebrity icon of the moment" is in some way a more noble cause than political posturing

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

papa_november posted:

you seem to be implying that "(telling) high school girls how to look good for prom and what to buy if you wanna steal the look of the young celebrity icon of the moment" is in some way a more noble cause than political posturing
they both suck hard. i don't see why they want to suck in the exact same way as all those other websites, though

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

papa_november posted:

lol, they sell a product, they are not a political :discourse: organization

imagine buying a bag of cornflakes, and when you open it most of the space is filled with crumpled political pamphlets.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
ideology is fashion! fashion is ideology!

women are learning how to be pretty and liberal? wowza, that's progress!

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

im sick of all this journalism in teen vogue, a magazine i do not read. please limit political journalism to big boy publications such as the jacobin and electronic gaming monthly, ty

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
actually, it's about ethics in magazine advertisement

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Fallen Hamprince posted:

im sick of all this journalism in teen vogue, a magazine i do not read. please limit political journalism to big boy publications such as the jacobin and electronic gaming monthly, ty

Hahahahaha "journalism" hahahahahah

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I'd rather get caught reading Teen People or whatever than Jac-"Farmers and factory workers should be purged from the left"-obin.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
so what does #woke actually even mean

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Peanut President posted:

I'd rather get caught reading Teen People or whatever than Jac-"Farmers and factory workers should be purged from the left"-obin.

it's so weird how the magazine named after the most violent lunatics from the revolution seems to be run by idiots

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
where is this jacobin article about purging the working class from the left, i would like to read it

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

deadgoon posted:

where is this jacobin article about purging the working class from the left, i would like to read it

That's a projection. Obviously it's the idpol left who want to abandon the working class.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Office Surprise Store posted:

It means you took the red pill

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Office Surprise Store posted:

Politicized smug satisfaction at realizing your actions have consequences.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

It's like when Jerry Seinfeld complained about political correctness on college campuses. No one forced him out, they just didn't think he was funny, but he interpreted as "kids these days are too PC to appreciate humor."

I think it's one better than that; he didn't even do a college show, but his (aging) comedian friends who have done college shows & got panned told him "don't do college shows any more those kids are too PC to know what a joke is". then he amalgamated that with some anecdote about how his own daughter is too PC and she uses the word racist and sexist "wrong" and if she's too dumb to understand those words then obviously everybody within her age bracket is also too dumb to understand.

the whole quote was white male privilege.txt and the fact that he couldn't see that speaking down about his own daughter actually makes him look like a jackass parent (you raised her, dummy) was breathtaking.

also jerry seinfeld is as relevant to comedy now as steve martin or groucho marx. yeah sure you did something significant back in the day, but you haven't been actually funny in years so stop acting like you're still the boss of what is funny.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I think it's one better than that; he didn't even do a college show, but his (aging) comedian friends who have done college shows & got panned told him "don't do college shows any more those kids are too PC to know what a joke is". then he amalgamated that with some anecdote about how his own daughter is too PC and she uses the word racist and sexist "wrong" and if she's too dumb to understand those words then obviously everybody within her age bracket is also too dumb to understand.

the whole quote was white male privilege.txt and the fact that he couldn't see that speaking down about his own daughter actually makes him look like a jackass parent (you raised her, dummy) was breathtaking.

also jerry seinfeld is as relevant to comedy now as steve martin or groucho marx. yeah sure you did something significant back in the day, but you haven't been actually funny in years so stop acting like you're still the boss of what is funny.

This is a good post but gently caress you Steven Martin is still awesome, he just plays banjo now or some poo poo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

deadgoon posted:

All of them?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Super tempted to change your name to "Grizzly Mom" and give you this pic.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Freaking Crumbum posted:

You don't think bees are funny? drat PC people thinking love between a bee and a woman is "weird." :smugdon:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

MizPiz posted:

Super tempted to change your name to "Grizzly Mom" and give you this pic.

Go for it, champ. Jacobin will still be a rag.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Peanut President posted:

lol what is this projection. did you confuse jacobin with vox or something

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Peanut President posted:

Go for it, champ. Jacobin will still be a rag.

That's fine, I just haven't seen an unironic "all of them" since she said it.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

MizPiz posted:

That's fine, I just haven't seen an unironic "all of them" since she said it.

Says who?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hi

just gonna capitalize on your death

with some bomb rear end cinnamon rolls from #cinnabon

https://twitter.com/Cinnabon/status/813861882649923585

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

hi

just gonna capitalize on your death

with some bomb rear end cinnamon rolls from #cinnabon

https://twitter.com/Cinnabon/status/813861882649923585

Already gone, I assume it was Carrie Fisher/Leia with cinnabons for hair?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dogboner/status/813873614411939840

It's so good

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/_nahomilizbeth/status/775455408777338880
https://mobile.twitter.com/imnotamran/status/807667906163130368

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/813877238269505536

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I remember Smash Mouth did a Pearl Harbor thing, have they superimposed their logo on other disasters?

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Lol at the broken heart on the logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

It got taken down, what was it?