Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
She doesn't like anything she used to like. Even shaking a bag of treats which she was basically conditioned to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Are you sure it's the same cat?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Quiggs has been meowing at me right next to a fresh, full food bowl and water bowl. I put down some wet for him (they free-feed dry, once a day wet) and he sniffed at it, licked twice, and walked away.

Then I realized that the old sheet I put down outside the litterbox (since he seems to want to void outside the litterbox had some very UNUSUALLY yellow stains on it, like he hasn't been drinking as much. And I don't think he's been pooping much at all, because he doesn't bury and it's loving foul and you can smell it 3 hours after the fact.

My wife doesn't think he has another month. I don't even think he has THAT much. He's been super-affectionate lately and Todd's been glued to us. They're bosom buddies and I think they both know and are sad. If I had all the money in the world, I would have him treated. We're paycheck-to-paycheck as it is, and if we took him to a shelter, they'd probably diagnose him and put him down anyway because who wants a sick cat?

I'm going to love that cat so hard until it's time. My stinky little fucker. :smith:

EDIT: Wife just called...we're pretty sure he's on his last legs now. We're debating between spending the few hundred we don't have on blood work only to be told what we already know, or just taking him to be put to sleep in a week or so, after we spoil him on fancier wet food so maybe he's happier for a few days.

I'm gonna miss you, Quiggies. :sigh:

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 27, 2016

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010
I just got my first two pair of cats over this weekend. My wife and I were thinking about it for awhile, and we decided to pull the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN48o9eaN2o

Coca is the black one, and she's a girl. Casper is the gray one, and he's her brother. They're 16 weeks old.

It was interesting their first couple days. We got them on Saturday (Christmas Eve). Casper is pretty brave and adventurous. As soon as I opened his carrier, he was out and exploring our living room. Coca, on the other hand, is way more timid. We opened her carrier, and she just wanted to stay in it, so we let her stay there for a good 4 hours. Saturday and Sunday, she pretty much just wanted to stay in this dark corner between two sofas. Sunday night and yesterday she's a lot more braver and running all over the living room chasing her brother, which makes me relieved.

I'm a little worried that I don't really see them drink their water bowl. I empty and refill it about 3 times a day, and it's pretty much at the same level I left it. I think I saw Coca drink it once for like 3 licks. I am giving them wet food mixed with some water from the faucet, but should I be worried? All the warnings about making sure they drink, has gotten me paranoid.

Is kitten wet food important at all? I wasn't sure if it's a marketing thing or it actually helps their development. We bought some Fancy Feast because the shelter said that's what they were eating, and over the week I'm transitioning them to Wellness Core Kitten.

Also, can you overfeed kittens? The fancy feast label has an amount I should give them a day, but the Wellness Core Kitten says keep feeding them until they're not hungry until they're 21 weeks. I give them three 3oz cans a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) between the two of them, but Casper always seems to want more, so I give him another half can and leave some Wellness Core Kitten Dry for them to free feed. One of them threw up Saturday evening while we were out, and once more again Sunday morning. They haven't done it yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was Casper because he ate too much, and doesn't know when to stop. He's also really assertive in wanting whatever I am eating for myself, which concerns me. Coca is a lot more relaxed when it comes to food, she'll eat her entire portion when she's hungry, but most times she'll eat like 75% of it. She has no interest when I'm eating my dinner.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Why do cats lay down on your computer/keyboard? I have deduced it's because they see you giving attention to this thing and they want the at=te-[npnu---]

she just turned the computer off but /nit opened every single program and window and this typin-=0ox=][p][=

*after she restarted the computer the computer opened everything exactly as it was, including this reply box with my text already in it ^the first paragraph ending with "]" . This has NEVER happened before when I do the same thing.The computer did not ask, "you shut down your computer because of a problem, do you want to open the programs that were open?" which is what it always does if you hold down the power button too long to restart it. This did not happen this time.

How did she do it? It's some magic. What I was going to say before this happened was "cats see that you are giving attention to this thing (computer) and want the attention instead, and that's why they lay on the keyboard." But they have some magical way of doing bizarre things. They are smarter than they look. Another example, she had iTunes connect to the internet without iTunes being actually open :psyduck:

Now her finger is going on the power button no matter how much I move it away, she keeps putting it back on there. You little bastard. :catstare:

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Raimondo posted:

I just got my first two pair of cats over this weekend. My wife and I were thinking about it for awhile, and we decided to pull the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN48o9eaN2o

Coca is the black one, and she's a girl. Casper is the gray one, and he's her brother. They're 16 weeks old.

It was interesting their first couple days. We got them on Saturday (Christmas Eve). Casper is pretty brave and adventurous. As soon as I opened his carrier, he was out and exploring our living room. Coca, on the other hand, is way more timid. We opened her carrier, and she just wanted to stay in it, so we let her stay there for a good 4 hours. Saturday and Sunday, she pretty much just wanted to stay in this dark corner between two sofas. Sunday night and yesterday she's a lot more braver and running all over the living room chasing her brother, which makes me relieved.

I'm a little worried that I don't really see them drink their water bowl. I empty and refill it about 3 times a day, and it's pretty much at the same level I left it. I think I saw Coca drink it once for like 3 licks. I am giving them wet food mixed with some water from the faucet, but should I be worried? All the warnings about making sure they drink, has gotten me paranoid.

Is kitten wet food important at all? I wasn't sure if it's a marketing thing or it actually helps their development. We bought some Fancy Feast because the shelter said that's what they were eating, and over the week I'm transitioning them to Wellness Core Kitten.

Also, can you overfeed kittens? The fancy feast label has an amount I should give them a day, but the Wellness Core Kitten says keep feeding them until they're not hungry until they're 21 weeks. I give them three 3oz cans a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) between the two of them, but Casper always seems to want more, so I give him another half can and leave some Wellness Core Kitten Dry for them to free feed. One of them threw up Saturday evening while we were out, and once more again Sunday morning. They haven't done it yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was Casper because he ate too much, and doesn't know when to stop. He's also really assertive in wanting whatever I am eating for myself, which concerns me. Coca is a lot more relaxed when it comes to food, she'll eat her entire portion when she's hungry, but most times she'll eat like 75% of it. She has no interest when I'm eating my dinner.

Congrats on the cats! Wet food is good because it provides then with moisture. Cats in general aren't great with drinking, iirc they get most of their water from their food in the wild, so wet food is a good way to be sure they're getting some liquid. My cat Pete hates wet food so we add water to his kibble.

If you want to encourage them to drink from bowls, make sure there are multiple water bowls and that they are NOT right next to their food dishes. A fountain might also help.

Kitten food is higher in calories I think. It's hard to overfeed kittens. Some cats are just beggars and will eat regardless of whether they're hungry. Don't train him to beg you for food, feed him what you feed him and stick to a schedule or once he grows he'll be a loud annoying fatass.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Thin Privilege posted:

Why do cats lay down on your computer/keyboard? I have deduced it's because they see you giving attention to this thing and they want the at=te-[npnu---]

Partially that, but for the computer tower itself or a laptop, it's also because the computer is warm and cats as a rule like warm spots. See also cats gravitating towards napping in patches of sunlight and on people.

On the other hand, the cat being hot is why and when they'll camp out in places like the sink or bathtub to cool off on the cool porcelain.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Fortis posted:

:words:
One of Stella's eyes is runny.
:words:

It's conjunctivitis! We have to put ointment directly on her eyeball 3 times a day for 2 to 3 days, then twice a day for the next few! My wife and I can manage just fine as a team but one time a day I'm going to have to do it by myself!

Cats!!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Fortis posted:

It's conjunctivitis! We have to put ointment directly on her eyeball 3 times a day for 2 to 3 days, then twice a day for the next few! My wife and I can manage just fine as a team but one time a day I'm going to have to do it by myself!

Cats!!

You know how to use a towel to make a cat burrito? Makes it a lot easier to mess with anything on and around their faces if they're all bundled up.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Mister Adequate posted:

You know how to use a towel to make a cat burrito? Makes it a lot easier to mess with anything on and around their faces if they're all bundled up.

I've looked into it but never really had to do it before. I'm going to have to try it for this stuff.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Fortis posted:

Cats!!

I'm glad you guys caught it early and are able to do something about it. Our second cat came to the local Humane Society with raging bad URI and conjunctivitis (she was a surrender by owner) and the infection cost her one of her eyes. Keep 'em healthy :)

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010

Holy poo poo, Jesus Christ.

For about an hour it was utter terror. I came home from work, fed the cats, went down to the mail room, came back and cooked dinner. My wife comes home an hour later, and asks where's Coca? Over the next hour we flipped the apartment upside down to try and find her, checking closets, under cushions, beds, couches, even in the oven, refrigerator, and dish washer and we are dumbfounded as to where she could be. I retrace my steps up and down the building, looking underneath every car, knocking on every neighbors door, panicking and feeling super guilty/stupid/irresponsible for letting her slip by me without noticing in the split second I opened the door to get the mail and come back. :derp:

After checking the management office to ask if anyone's seen them, I came back up and my wife said she was inside my bottom desk drawer the whole time fast asleep. Apparently there's an opening behind that drawer that she discovered earlier that day. :negative:

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Haha, my childhood kitten chessie did that poo poo all the time! She was really small and would get under desks, behind shelves, even up in the duct work of the house, and then take a nap, totally oblivious to our mad scramble to find her.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Soiled Meat

So I got adopted by a cat while on vacation. Thankfully I was visiting my folks so she has a new place to stay.
This is her after she got back from the vets and putting on some much needed weight.

Lladre fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 28, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My brothers cat is the opposite, she opens up drawers and hides behind them.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Just got a cat from a shelter (we'll, she was being fostered by a lady with like 5 other cats and as many dogs and the kitten smells like the she came from a zoo). The note from the vet when she got spayed a couple of weeks ago was that she had 'flea dirt'. It looks like they gave her a topical treatment, I can get the name if that matters, on that day, 12/8. The lady from the shelter didn't mention anything about it. Is that something I need to follow up on or does one treatment totally take care of it? I already have one cat and they've never had an issue so we've never had to treat them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just keep an eye out for more flea poop, and give them followup treatments as per usual if they're indoor outdoor cats. If they're strictly indoor, continue the flea treatment for a while then after that it's not a huge priority.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
What's the safest and proper way to re-carpet a cat's scratching post? We have a scratching post that's worn out, and some spare carpet (not to worry- it's the safe, non-looping type that won't rip off their nails), but I'm not sure if I should be using a nailgun, staple gun, or glue gun for attaching the new stuff.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Huntersoninski posted:

Haha, my childhood kitten chessie did that poo poo all the time! She was really small and would get under desks, behind shelves, even up in the duct work of the house, and then take a nap, totally oblivious to our mad scramble to find her.

My childhood kitten did something similar, but only once thankfully. She was napping inside one of my mother's winter boots.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Raimondo posted:

Holy poo poo, Jesus Christ.

For about an hour it was utter terror. I came home from work, fed the cats, went down to the mail room, came back and cooked dinner. My wife comes home an hour later, and asks where's Coca? Over the next hour we flipped the apartment upside down to try and find her, checking closets, under cushions, beds, couches, even in the oven, refrigerator, and dish washer and we are dumbfounded as to where she could be. I retrace my steps up and down the building, looking underneath every car, knocking on every neighbors door, panicking and feeling super guilty/stupid/irresponsible for letting her slip by me without noticing in the split second I opened the door to get the mail and come back. :derp:

After checking the management office to ask if anyone's seen them, I came back up and my wife said she was inside my bottom desk drawer the whole time fast asleep. Apparently there's an opening behind that drawer that she discovered earlier that day. :negative:

Congrats! You're a real cat owner now.

Actual advice: train them that a particular sound means delicious treats (like shaking the treat packet) and then use that to call them whenever you can't find one and you're starting to panic that they got out somehow. Doesn't work for every cat ever all the time but should work a large percentage of the time.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Organza Quiz posted:

Actual advice: train them that a particular sound means delicious treats (like shaking the treat packet) and then use that to call them whenever you can't find one and you're starting to panic that they got out somehow. Doesn't work for every cat ever all the time but should work a large percentage of the time.

One of the funniest things in the world is watching a cat wrestling with their current situation of comfort (or making trouble for that matter) with the temptation of treats. Scout is absolutely amazing to watch, you can almost see the devil cat and other devil cat on her shoulders, arguing about which vice should win out.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Mister Adequate posted:

One of the funniest things in the world is watching a cat wrestling with their current situation of comfort (or making trouble for that matter) with the temptation of treats. Scout is absolutely amazing to watch, you can almost see the devil cat and other devil cat on her shoulders, arguing about which vice should win out.

I close my cats out of my room at night which often means I have to figure out how to get Peridot out of my room before bed. I don't want to chase her out because it took me months and months to earn her trust and I don't like doing anything that might hurt that if I have a choice in the matter, so I've had to get creative. The only absolutely foolproof method I've found so far is to start giving treats to my other cat just outside my room. She can resist the sound of the treat packet, but she absolutely cannot resist the sound of Pepper eating treats that could be her treats. It still tickles me every time to see her face appear from behind the curtain on my windowsill as she realises what is happening.

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010

Organza Quiz posted:

That's some pretty good advice since their names or any sort of calling seems to have 0 effect, but they sure do love their treats.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Is administering medication to cats normally this loving exhausting? It goes well enough but she spends a lot more time hiding, since I keep having to put loving ointment in her eye. I feel like I'm going to erode all the trust for me she's accumulated in three years and end up having to start over from scratch.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Raimondo posted:

That's some pretty good advice since their names or any sort of calling seems to have 0 effect, but they sure do love their treats.

You could train them to come to their names being called but it's easier to link it to a more unique sound than your voice. Same theory as clicker training, in fact I've heard of people using a clicker for the purpose but that seems like overkill if you don't already have one.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fortis posted:

Is administering medication to cats normally this loving exhausting? It goes well enough but she spends a lot more time hiding, since I keep having to put loving ointment in her eye. I feel like I'm going to erode all the trust for me she's accumulated in three years and end up having to start over from scratch.

I have to wrap my cat Tibi like a burrito and put some of my weight on him while my mother gives him any sort of medicine when its required and even then he struggles, so yes some cats hate any sort of medicine.

And it took 2 months for Tibi to not run at the sight of my mother so don't worry to much, they'll get over it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Fortis posted:

Yep, perfectly normal reaction from cats, sadly. My step-dad's Jinx loving hates the pills we had to give him a year or two ago and he couldn't even be tempted to eat them by putting them in a lump of cheese, which he would normally scale Olympus to eat. Two-person job usually. She'll forgive you once the regimen is over and things are back to normal, even if it takes a little while.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I once spent an hour trying to get my cat to swallow a pill. He scratched and bit the poo poo out of me, I still have scars. As a last ditch effort I put the pill on some wet food and the fucker swallowed it whole within seconds.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you cant do it by force, make them think it was their idea. Unfortunately I dont see how you can really do that with eye drops. :\

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

You can try rewarding the poo poo out of them after you do it to make them tolerate it better but that depends on the cat. I know Pepper for one will pretty much refuse all nice things when she's unhappy about what just happened.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Thanks for the replies, guys. It's good to know I'm not the only one whose gone through this (even though that should be obvious to begin with) and that this walnut-brained knucklehead probably won't hate me forever.

It turns out she's fine with me giving her the medicine. I just gave her her third dose for the day, and she handled it like a champ. The last two times I gave her her midday dose, something happened to make her stay hidden for 4 hours each time; yesterday maintenance came by to fix/test the smoke detectors (:catstare::catstare::catstare:), then today UPS dared to knock on the door (:catstare:).

This time it was just me doing it with no intruders afterwards. I immediately put some treats in her bowl once we were done, and she's already harassing me to pay attention to her.

As far as the medication, I should be so lucky; it's not eyedrops, it's ointment. There's no margin for error; it goes onto the eyeball directly or it doesn't loving count. I've had to chase her around with a tissue after a successful application just to wipe away the misses.

She's squinting/winking a whole lot less often now and isn't constantly tearing up, so hopefully tomorrow can be our last day of doses every 8 hours, moving into a much more manageable every 12 hours.

Edit: When she squints you can barely tell an eye is there. It's kind of hosed up.

Fortis fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 29, 2016

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

D34THROW posted:

Quiggs has been meowing at me right next to a fresh, full food bowl and water bowl. I put down some wet for him (they free-feed dry, once a day wet) and he sniffed at it, licked twice, and walked away.

Then I realized that the old sheet I put down outside the litterbox (since he seems to want to void outside the litterbox had some very UNUSUALLY yellow stains on it, like he hasn't been drinking as much. And I don't think he's been pooping much at all, because he doesn't bury and it's loving foul and you can smell it 3 hours after the fact.

My wife doesn't think he has another month. I don't even think he has THAT much. He's been super-affectionate lately and Todd's been glued to us. They're bosom buddies and I think they both know and are sad. If I had all the money in the world, I would have him treated. We're paycheck-to-paycheck as it is, and if we took him to a shelter, they'd probably diagnose him and put him down anyway because who wants a sick cat?

I'm going to love that cat so hard until it's time. My stinky little fucker. :smith:

EDIT: Wife just called...we're pretty sure he's on his last legs now. We're debating between spending the few hundred we don't have on blood work only to be told what we already know, or just taking him to be put to sleep in a week or so, after we spoil him on fancier wet food so maybe he's happier for a few days.

I'm sorry, Internet stranger. No sage advice, only sympathy :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

D34THROW posted:

Yeah, once people start noticing, the cat's gotten tired of hiding it unfortunately. If it's too hard for him, you'll know its time.

RiverPebble
Nov 28, 2007
Queen Hotpants
My stupid, beautiful cat who is not even three years old has been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease :( she doesn't seem sick but the blood results were bad (pee test pending). We have her on the special diet and medication but no one can give us a more precise prognosis than "months to years"... a lot of anecdotes on the internet seem to be along the lines of "my cat got to live for two more years with careful management", which I guess is good if the cat was already like 16, but ckd in such a young cat seems to be rare and the thought of her being doomed not to make it past 5 is so, so heartbreaking when we expected to watch her grow old....
Please people, I need to hear some stories about cats with lovely kidneys who managed to live with the disease for a long time. This is so horrible and I'm having a hard time with it and need some hope.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Quiggs update:

We convinced our landlords to defer January's rent until our tax refund comes, so we had the money to take him in for blood work.

His piss was UNUSUALLY yellow, and his vomit as well, because of bilirubin. Poor guy's in liver failure.

They're putting him on a treatment regimen including appetite stimulants to try and get his appetite back up, and gave him some at the vet last night. My wife fell asleep early last night after I got home from work, but got woken up by Quiggs hopping onto her and kneading like he hasn't done in weeks.

And he ate some of his special wet food last night too. They're giving it until Monday...if they can't get him eating consistently, he'll most likely be euth'd. If he eats, they can do some imaging and get an idea of WHY his liver is failing, and possibly get us another few months to a year.

I hope we don't lose him...I'm still scared, but it went from :smith: to :gbsmith:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Could just be anorexia causing liver failure. Our dumb cat who is 12 now had that when she was 4 or 5, and it was a huge pain in the rear end and she had a feeding tube for a while but we got out of it with no long term effects (except she can't audibly purr anymore, something with the feeding tube messed that up, but you can still hear her if you put your ear to her).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Cythereal posted:

Partially that, but for the computer tower itself or a laptop, it's also because the computer is warm and cats as a rule like warm spots. See also cats gravitating towards napping in patches of sunlight and on people.

On the other hand, the cat being hot is why and when they'll camp out in places like the sink or bathtub to cool off on the cool porcelain.

For sure, I put a lamp behind my computer when I'm at the desk and they all sit under it and sun(lamp) themselves. I like my $10 lamp :kimchi:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

melon cat posted:

What's the safest and proper way to re-carpet a cat's scratching post? We have a scratching post that's worn out, and some spare carpet (not to worry- it's the safe, non-looping type that won't rip off their nails), but I'm not sure if I should be using a nailgun, staple gun, or glue gun for attaching the new stuff.

Could you post pictures of what you want to fix? I have fixed many of my cat trees and scratchers and may be able to give suggestions based on what you need.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

We kept Quiggs in our bedroom last night with a bowl of special wet food, a couple of treats, and water. He spent the whole night curled up under the head of the bed on my side and didn't touch his food.

We're gonna try dry food, regular wet food, special wet food, and water tonight to see if he eats, but I don't have a good feeling. If he's not eating even on appetite stimulants and anti-nauseals...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Thin Privilege posted:

Could you post pictures of what you want to fix? I have fixed many of my cat trees and scratchers and may be able to give suggestions based on what you need.
That'd be very helpful. Pic below (there are two scratching trees, but the one I'll be working on is outlined in blue).

D34THROW posted:

We kept Quiggs in our bedroom last night with a bowl of special wet food, a couple of treats, and water. He spent the whole night curled up under the head of the bed on my side and didn't touch his food.

We're gonna try dry food, regular wet food, special wet food, and water tonight to see if he eats, but I don't have a good feeling. If he's not eating even on appetite stimulants and anti-nauseals...
I went through a similar, trying experience with my first cat (same symptoms and all). At this point, only you would know how Quiggs is really feeling. Whatever you end up doing, I hope it all works out for everyone involved. Whether you choose to continue to medicate him or take him to the vet to rest, it's going to be a tough choice either way. Do what you think is best, for Quiggs.