Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
So i finaly found out about stormblood, will the red mage come with the pimp hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
You could find pictures in this very thread!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The red mage outfit is actually a formless red burqa. Sorry to disappoint.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Oh my god lalafell red mages are cute!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Lalafell anything is cute.

Lalafell anything is, however, also at a severe disadvantage when it comes to showing off the details of their outfits. Or when it comes to muscles, I suppose.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Cyron posted:

So i finaly found out about stormblood, will the red mage come with the pimp hat?

It wouldn't be red mage without it.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

RDM should have an inherent glamour that turns any headgear into their iconic hat and disables the visibility toggle.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
The look of the egis was the only reason I ever stopped maining SMN so I am so loving hype for carbys.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Just signed up again. Starting fresh on Excalibur. Character name "Old Toilet"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

moonsour posted:

The look of the egis was the only reason I ever stopped maining SMN so I am so loving hype for carbys.

Still waiting for when they implement Ramuh-egi, which just replaces your pet with a glowing purple beard that overrides your head slot appearance.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there plans to let Scholars glamour

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

by super mad did you actually mean, generally excited, happy and making a whole lot of pokemon jokes?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why would people be mad about the egi glamours? Holy poo poo it only requires a text command, I was sure they would add the glamours in a super grindy way. it's basically perfect.

And they did say, very clearly, that it would only be carbuncles at first.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Scholars better get tonberry summons

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

IdealFlaws posted:

I've a question for excal goons.. how easy is it to pug raid content? Is party finder usually active and full of good players? I'm looking to transfer to a more active server and I can't decide between excal or gilgamesh

as a connoisseur of no-hope party finders, pf on excal is extremely hit or miss--the tuesday evening weekly groups are solid but you have to be careful of "clear"/late-week farm groups. still, you can get pretty far as long as you start to recognize excal's worst shitlers (yo han and flame colonel come to mind) and avoid their groups. right now, i'd say you can easily learn and farm 9+10 in PF and at least get an 11 clear.

from what i hear, it's mostly the same thing on gilgamesh. obviously the pool is bigger there but the average competence level isn't particularly higher if you're just pugging, so you're still playing russian roulette every time you join a party.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

So the GARO stuff is confimred to be behind Wolf Marks...what's the fastest way to get them?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i am having trouble downloading the game, i get halfway and says it unable to download patch. i uninstall and reinstall twice. i brought the game though stream which may gently caress me over.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 27, 2016

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Truga posted:

Only if SMN gets Cactuar-egi. Will also accept Doomtrain-egi.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Truga posted:

If this happens I hope he surfs on the knife like Tonberry does in Mobius.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Two words:

Tonberry angels.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Hunter Noventa posted:

So the GARO stuff is confimred to be behind Wolf Marks...what's the fastest way to get them?

Sign up for the roulette and do it every day, fastest would be getting into a competent team and winning often. At least when 3.5 hits the GC restrictions will be removed, so hopefully getting into matches will be faster.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Spider-man has a few movies, and there isn’t only one director. (laugh). It might be a “spider webber”. (laugh) I stated earlier that we will implement jobs true to the FF series, so you might argue, “what do you mean “spider webber””. (laugh) Anyways, please do speculate.

BLUE MAGE

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Velthice posted:

by super mad did you actually mean, generally excited, happy and making a whole lot of pokemon jokes?

Have to scroll down a bit to find the first round of replies now. There's quite a number about how they've been waiting YEARS for this one feature and how much of an affront Carbuncles are.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

I think he was trying to be evasive, or coy, or something, but it just didn't translate well....

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Vil posted:

Lalafell anything is cute.

Lalafell anything is, however, also at a severe disadvantage when it comes to showing off the details of their outfits. Or when it comes to muscles, I suppose.

Very good for showing off hats, though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Super twist, new race turns out to be moogles and we get all animist up in here.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

TheRagamuffin posted:

I think he was trying to be evasive, or coy, or something, but it just didn't translate well....

Not like we can't make up any amusing speculations based on his comments.

What's a Spider Webber?
Well, what do Spider's Web? Spiders web silk.
What uses silk? Cloth, tapestries etc.
What makes cloth sexy? People.
How do people make cloth sexy? By wearing it.
Who wears the sexiest cloth? Prima donnas and fashion models.
Who uses the sexiest cloth as a weapon? Dancers.

Dancer reconfirmed.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

EponymousMrYar posted:

Not like we can't make up any amusing speculations based on his comments.

What's a Spider Webber?
Well, what do Spider's Web? Spiders web silk.
What uses silk? Cloth, tapestries etc.
What makes cloth sexy? People.
How do people make cloth sexy? By wearing it.
Who wears the sexiest cloth? Prima donnas and fashion models.
Who uses the sexiest cloth as a weapon? Dancers.

Dancer reconfirmed.

He means spider Weber. It''s a reference to what happens when you fire up your grill for the first time in the summer and forget to clear out cobwebs first. Grillmaster job stone for CUL confirmed.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Spider Web is a spell Blue Mages can learn in FFXI, BLU 100% confirmed for Stormblood

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i didnt expect YoshiP to shoutout one of the founding fathers of sociology like that, but i have to admit i'm excited to play the Weber class

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'll admit to being super disappointed that egi glamours are SMN only. :( I have been an extremely loud carby activist and while I'm glad for SMN players, I feel a bit cheated.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Countblanc posted:

i didnt expect YoshiP to shoutout one of the founding fathers of sociology like that, but i have to admit i'm excited to play the Weber class

Going back to Ivalice...sociology...my god, it's so obvious. Mediator confirmed.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Here's what I want for Black Mage:

1. Whenever you land a Thundercloud-proc'd Thunder spell, it adds 2.5 seconds to both your astral fire/umbral ice buff and enochian buff, if either is up. Or maybe when Enochian is up Thundercloud procs just don't trigger the GCD.

2. Landing Fire IV gives you a chance to proc a free, instant cast of Flare, firestarter-style. Or maybe you get a free Flare for every three Fire IVs. Or maybe when Enochian is up Flare is instant and free to cast, and/or has substantially higher Potency, but immediately ends Enochian.

Also they should condense the existing Thunders and add an AoE Thunder.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cyron posted:

i am having trouble downloading the game, i get halfway and says it unable to download patch. i uninstall and reinstall twice. i brought the game though stream which may gently caress me over.

This is a pretty common problem. I don't remember what the fix was but I had it and was able to solve it with Google.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm excited to see what the new black mage spells will be named. Will we finally get Burst to go along with Freeze and Flare?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
They could condense Flare, Freeze, and Burst into one "non-elemental" spell named Flare. Maybe when you have Astral Fire it's the Flare everyone knows, when you have Umbral Ice it deals less AoE damage but also stuns/binds, and in either state it rolls dice for each target hit to determine if Thundercloud procs.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Cyron posted:

There is a bug where the patcher will continually fail at downloading a single file. It will continue to do so over and over. I got around it by using a vpn and leaving it on long enough to get that file completely downloaded. Turn vpn off and patch the rest of the game.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bombogenesis posted:

Going back to Ivalice...sociology...my god, it's so obvious. Mediator confirmed.

"Please do speculate."

I love Yoship

* I seriously did think about Spider Web giving Quistis a limit break in FF8, it's a fun connection

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 28, 2016

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I was curious when I was leveling THM to grab Swiftcast in PotD and now that I'm leveling ACN again. Some spells are flat better than the others, but some aren't, right? From what I could tell, the Thunder spells were a flat upgrade. On the other hand, it's better to just cast base Fire and wait for Fire III procs than to regularly cast Fire III. But that was not true for Blizzard, so I just used Blizzard III whenever it was time. And on the ACN side, I'm assuming you're meant to cast both Bio I and II since they stack and then you can Bane them to the rest.

Also, is Transpose meant to be used for every transition from Astral to Umbral or vice versa? I had the problem of burning through all my MP and then going to Transpose only to now not have enough MP to cast Blizzard due to the Umbral Ice buff. All it took was a tick to give me that MP to set things right, but I still felt like I was clearly doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

SonicRulez posted:

I was curious when I was leveling THM to grab Swiftcast in PotD and now that I'm leveling ACN again. Some spells are flat better than the others, but some aren't, right? From what I could tell, the Thunder spells were a flat upgrade. On the other hand, it's better to just cast base Fire and wait for Fire III procs than to regularly cast Fire III. But that was not true for Blizzard, so I just used Blizzard III whenever it was time. And on the ACN side, I'm assuming you're meant to cast both Bio I and II since they stack and then you can Bane them to the rest.

Also, is Transpose meant to be used for every transition from Astral to Umbral or vice versa? I had the problem of burning through all my MP and then going to Transpose only to now not have enough MP to cast Blizzard due to the Umbral Ice buff. All it took was a tick to give me that MP to set things right, but I still felt like I was clearly doing it wrong.
You're missing something integral about BLM: Fire III gives you max stacks of astral fire, and Blizzard III gives you max stacks of umbral ice, and they have a cast speed bonus when you're in the opposite stance, so you use them to switch. Transpose is only for low levels and for when you don't have the MP to use those, IE after casting Flare. So don't blow all your MP on casting Fire, save enough to use Blizzard III.

The thunder spells are not a flat upgrade, they have longer cast times. I'm not sure what the theorycrafting is now, but earlier in the 3.x series when I played BLM a lot you would use Thunder I to apply the DoT and then Thunder III whenever you had a thunderbutt proc.

• Locked thread