Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That really looks like the artist drew every piece of his anatomy separately and collated them in photoshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Browsing Comixology preview pages, I just bumped into this pose.

Superman: The Man of Steel #62

That'd be awkward even as a Spider-Man pose.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
"poo poo we made the panel too small" "gently caress it just stuff him in there and break his spine, he'll fit, no one will notice"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Lobok posted:

That'd be awkward even as a Spider-Man pose.

How can he close his legs with thighs that big?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mister Kingdom posted:

Why do you think he's standing like that?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
He's not standing, he's flying. That pose is just a side effect of mid-air Super-Farts.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mister Kingdom posted:

Oh that's always the excuse guys give for Supermanspreading.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Khari Evans sucks. He's terrible. It'd be bad enough if it was just his terrible, tiny-eyed, pursed-mouth, bulb-nose same face he draws for every character.

But he doesn't draw backgrounds.

He doesn't draw vehicles.

He doesn't draw guns.

He doesn't even draw water.

I'm convinced 90% of Valiant's bad art rep is from Evans. I hate "lazy" as a criticism, I think it's just what people say when they can't articulate something they don't like, but I don't know what the gently caress else to call this. If you want a comic artist who draws terrible ugly people floating in front of google image searches with a filter slapped on them, Khari Evans is your guy.

Imperium was one of the best comic runs I've read in my life and the entire last arc was ruined by this poo poo. He's currently ruining the most recent run of Ninjak that I'm reading. He's about to join Greg Land and Ariel Olivetti on my "artists who make it so I can't read a book no matter how good the writing is" list.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 20, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Repost from the chat thread.

http://adamwest.com/news/

DC. Get Adam West variant cover month going already. What are you doing?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 20, 2016

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

http://adamwest.com/news/

DC. Get Adam West variant cover month going already. What are you doing?

How many nights of sleep deprivation did he endure to draw those.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Did...did he have a stroke recently and nobody told me?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tim Sale's Batman #15 variant
http://www.newsarama.com/32200-dc-rebirth-new-variant-cover-gallery.html#s30

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Michael Jackson filed and owned the patent for those shoes

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

zoux posted:

Khari Evans sucks. He's terrible. It'd be bad enough if it was just his terrible, tiny-eyed, pursed-mouth, bulb-nose same face he draws for every character.

But he doesn't draw backgrounds.

He doesn't draw vehicles.

He doesn't draw guns.

He doesn't even draw water.

I'm convinced 90% of Valiant's bad art rep is from Evans. I hate "lazy" as a criticism, I think it's just what people say when they can't articulate something they don't like, but I don't know what the gently caress else to call this. If you want a comic artist who draws terrible ugly people floating in front of google image searches with a filter slapped on them, Khari Evans is your guy.

Imperium was one of the best comic runs I've read in my life and the entire last arc was ruined by this poo poo. He's currently ruining the most recent run of Ninjak that I'm reading. He's about to join Greg Land and Ariel Olivetti on my "artists who make it so I can't read a book no matter how good the writing is" list.

Wow, I never knew "comic book artist" was a totally valid career option for me. I can totally use Photoshop filters and draw one face!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DarkCrawler posted:

Wow, I never knew "comic book artist" was a totally valid career option for me. I can totally use Photoshop filters and draw one face!

"What I can tell you about this piece DarkCrawler other than ... you're hired!!!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FMguru posted:

Michael Jackson filed and owned the patent for those shoes

Bruce Wayne gives no fucks about patents.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Rhyno posted:

Bruce Wayne gives no fucks about patents.

Well I mean what're you gonna do? sue batman?

That said the ultimate heel move would be, as a villain, shoot down the batplane and wreck the bat car and patent all batmans cool technoshit on him. Either waynetech gets involved and you have solid concrete linking Batman and Bruce Wayne or they don't and you're now the proud owner of a bunch of real valuable patents.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Having the repo men take away everything in the cave because Bruce got sued into oblivion over patent infringement is a page i want to exist

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

site posted:

Having the repo men take away everything in the cave because Bruce got sued into oblivion over patent infringement is a page i want to exist

batman with no money is a concept that is weirdly not explored.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Motherfucker posted:

It's weird that Moon Knight lives like a hobo but is still (usually) very rich.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Motherfucker posted:

Green Arrow gave away all his money once and was a still a hero. Close enough.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lurdiak posted:

It's weird that Moon Knight lives like a hobo but is still (usually) very rich.

I mean, it's not that weird. Dude's crazy. Plus they keep having to tell him your cosigner can't just be your other personalities.

Motherfucker posted:

Even the Telltale game barely did anything with it, and reverted the whole thing ASAP with basically no consequences, though the latter is kind of just a Telltale thing, too

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Someone needs to cosplay Hobo Batman with a paper cup and a sign: "Pls give - Parents killed by Joe Chill - Any Batgear helps - God Bless"

With a Hobo Iron Man next to him: "Why Lie? I NEED BOOZE"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Batman of Zur En Arrh says "Pfft."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Poor Batman was part of the concept of Aronofsky's Year One movie.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Poor Batman was part of the concept of Aronofsky's Year One movie.

I read the proposal for that whole thing. It was, uh, interesting.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

site posted:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Ygolonac posted:

Someone needs to cosplay Hobo Batman with a paper cup and a sign: "Pls give - Parents killed by Joe Chill - Any Batgear helps - God Bless"

With a Hobo Iron Man next to him: "Why Lie? I NEED BOOZE"

As someone about to be homeless, I'm totally down with this idea. Funny thing is one of the popular spare-changing spots in my 'hood (as far as I can tell based on number of people sitting curbside with cardboard signs) is the same strip mall I used to frequent for my LCS pulls. :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why are you about to be homeless?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Why are you about to be homeless?

Because I'M BATMAN

(okay not really but I needed a little levity)

Long story short: got sick, went to hospital, got fired when I came back to work for not giving two hour's notice before going to the emergency room (:psyduck:). gently caress yeah right-to-work states! Behind on rent because we've been putting all that money towards utilities so I can try to find another job. Blah blah blah, I give up, gonna be Hobo Batwoman

Edit: But enough fuckin' e/n! On topic: I'm going through my longboxes and I really love Jill Thompson's work on Black Orchid.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 27, 2016

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Because I'M BATMAN

(okay not really but I needed a little levity)

Long story short: got sick, went to hospital, got fired when I came back to work for not giving two hour's notice before going to the emergency room (:psyduck:). gently caress yeah right-to-work states! Behind on rent because we've been putting all that money towards utilities so I can try to find another job. Blah blah blah, I give up, gonna be Hobo Batwoman

Edit: But enough fuckin' e/n! On topic: I'm going through my longboxes and I really love Jill Thompson's work on Black Orchid.

I would be all smug and say something like in Canada healthcare blah blah blah but that really really sucks. Is there anything we can do to help?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Madkal posted:

I would be all smug and say something like in Canada healthcare blah blah blah but that really really sucks. Is there anything we can do to help?

Aww, you're sweet. As far as help: if anyone wants a Mystery Box full of DC comics, I sure as poo poo can't fit my collection along with everything else into a 2001 Chevy Cavalier. The idea of my longboxes rotting out on the curb is horrifying; I just want to give them a good home, with maybe a little extra for gas money.

And you'd get to enjoy some comedy gold like this ish:

Seriously, I pulled that one out last night and got a much-needed laugh, because :wtc: is happening with PG's... well... everything there

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Aww, you're sweet. As far as help: if anyone wants a Mystery Box full of DC comics, I sure as poo poo can't fit my collection along with everything else into a 2001 Chevy Cavalier. The idea of my longboxes rotting out on the curb is horrifying; I just want to give them a good home, with maybe a little extra for gas money.

And you'd get to enjoy some comedy gold like this ish:

Seriously, I pulled that one out last night and got a much-needed laugh, because :wtc: is happening with PG's... well... everything there

Try sell them at your local comic shop for a little cash or if you want some karma points donate them to a youth center.
Also set up a donation site for yourself or something

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

:sadwave:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 27, 2016

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Beautiful. Do you know who drew it?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Beautiful. Do you know who drew it?
Mark Brooks; it was a variant cover for PL #1 last year, but it seemed appropriate.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

redbackground posted:

Mark Brooks; it was a variant cover for PL #1 last year, but it seemed appropriate.

Thank you!

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Even though the position of Han Solo's hair makes her look like a wookie, I really have to appreciate that Brooks didn't make Slave outfit Leia the focus.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Even though the position of Han Solo's hair makes her look like a wookie, I really have to appreciate that Brooks didn't make Slave outfit Leia the focus.

He wouldn't be allowed to http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/27/frank-chos-unseen-princess-leia-cover-posted-tribute/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Goddamn Frank Cho is a rectal polyp somehow given human form