Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Laminator posted:

these matches are crazy, there's no order or flow to anything and there's just dudes walking around, grouping together in random spots, getting bayonet charged out of no where multiple times... good times

Were you playing ops? Because yeah it's total chaos and terrible. Conquest has a definite flow and much easier to digest than the madness of 64p ops. Ops is great for impressing people with how crazy the game can be but once you actually want to play conquest is the way to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
You can change the color of your reticle??

Mind blown again

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
What is going on with your vision here? :barf:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i have my fov set to 105 because having peripheral vision is real nice

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

i have my fov set to 105 because having peripheral vision is real nice
Oh I get that, I'm mostly just concerned about the weird shift when you get off the ladder. It's like you're warping a foot backward while moving forward :stare:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
it looks like the fov changes when i'm on the ladder. the first person models dont scale with fov so thats probably why i look stationary while everything else zooms out

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
All the folks raving on Limpet charges, thanks for that. I'm blowing up Scouts all the time now. :allears:

On the topic of scouts, and not being a lovely one, how exactly do the spotter flares work? Do you just blast 'em at people around the location are auto-spotted, or do you fire 'em up in the air like real ones? I've been lobbing them at clusters of enemy troops and nothing seems to pop up. :confused:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Any ps goons want to party up? I'm home from work and plan to unlock the Kolibri gun today :) Psn is bdb1001.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

limited posted:

All the folks raving on Limpet charges, thanks for that. I'm blowing up Scouts all the time now. :allears:

On the topic of scouts, and not being a lovely one, how exactly do the spotter flares work? Do you just blast 'em at people around the location are auto-spotted, or do you fire 'em up in the air like real ones? I've been lobbing them at clusters of enemy troops and nothing seems to pop up. :confused:

They don't spot like putting a flag on a dude, they just make everyone in the radius show up on the mini map. The correct usage is to shoot them at a guy's chest/feet/corner he's hiding in and set him on fire.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
woo level 10 on all infantry classes, thanks Christmas slaughterhouse!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah this holiday surge is awesome. I wound up leading a squad of lovable idiots. Added a squad boost, kept assigning targets, they would lemming over and over into the point until it was overwhelmed and captured and then we'd move on.

At one point I assigned a target across the map just to see what would happen. One assault trekked all the way across the map and then almost immediately had 3 people squad spawn on him for a very quick back-cap. I assigned defense on that point and they all sat chilling in a house together for an extremely long time. We wound up dominating the other team and from the squad boost everyone was in the top 10 for score.

It was fascinating to watch.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pleads posted:

Yeah this holiday surge is awesome. I wound up leading a squad of lovable idiots. Added a squad boost, kept assigning targets, they would lemming over and over into the point until it was overwhelmed and captured and then we'd move on.

At one point I assigned a target across the map just to see what would happen. One assault trekked all the way across the map and then almost immediately had 3 people squad spawn on him for a very quick back-cap. I assigned defense on that point and they all sat chilling in a house together for an extremely long time. We wound up dominating the other team and from the squad boost everyone was in the top 10 for score.

It was fascinating to watch.

I always like it when a squad knows what to do. Especially when supports actually throw out ammunition, thats a mark of quality right there.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

jesus gently caress how am i the only guy who knows how helpful spotting flares are for rush

theres 3 of you useless fucks use your goddam flares

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Agean90 posted:

jesus gently caress how am i the only guy who knows how helpful spotting flares are for rush

theres 3 of you useless fucks use your goddam flares
I'm already learning to loathe Monte Grappa because the map is WAY too wide. Everyone rolls scout and just tries to park themselves in the huge areas miles away from any objectives. They could easily slim it down and make that map much more bearable.

It's all fun and games when you're in the vehicles or the arty truck, but it's miserable to play on foot due to the lack of cover. So it's a pain in the rear end even to wookie-hunt.

The only fun I've really found so far is jumping in the AA at point E and devastating all the cocky fliers who panic and crash into the mountainsides. :getin:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Monte Grappa is all about getting into planes, or loving up the people who get into planes, or loving up the people who are trying to gently caress up your mates who got into planes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone having server issues today?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

limited posted:

I'm already learning to loathe Monte Grappa because the map is WAY too wide. Everyone rolls scout and just tries to park themselves in the huge areas miles away from any objectives. They could easily slim it down and make that map much more bearable.

It's all fun and games when you're in the vehicles or the arty truck, but it's miserable to play on foot due to the lack of cover. So it's a pain in the rear end even to wookie-hunt.

The only fun I've really found so far is jumping in the AA at point E and devastating all the cocky fliers who panic and crash into the mountainsides. :getin:

I once had almost an entire team except for maybe 3 people sniping there, we were getting the poo poo kicked out of us because no one would cap. The amount of blue dots camping in the hills was comical. I started going around and dropping gas grenades on all of them for being worthless and letting the other team steamroll us.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I still havent done it but I think you can stick a mortar right in front of them for a slightly more lasting effect

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Support is the best for that, between mortars and ammo boxes and an unlimited supply of gas grenades (can't zoom when you're wearing the mask)

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I no longer get war bucks for ranking up anymore. Feels weird not to get that pop up but to be fair I own every gun for each class except pilot or tanker because I'm not scum

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Arty truck victim spotted

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I actually like the arty truck but I'd rather someone who actually likes using vehicles take them. I will grab any vehicle that someone abandons because that person is stupid and deserves to have their poo poo stolen. Planes can get hosed though

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Parkingtigers posted:

Monte Grappa is all about getting into planes, or loving up the people who get into planes, or loving up the people who are trying to gently caress up your mates who got into planes.

you guys know there is a thriving underground community at Monte Grappa, with a jazz club downstairs?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mellowjournalism posted:

you guys know there is a thriving underground community at Monte Grappa, with a jazz club downstairs?

Charlie Train Runnin is an iconic tune from The Auxiliary Treats Orchestra. The original recording features not only the inimitable ownage of Snacks himself, but a supporting cast of Ineffable on Tank, Poophole on shotgun, wintermute on the syringe and desertpickle's own distinct blend of Somehow Not Dying

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Live At Five! posted:

I actually like the arty truck but I'd rather someone who actually likes using vehicles take them. I will grab any vehicle that someone abandons because that person is stupid and deserves to have their poo poo stolen. Planes can get hosed though

Dropping flares and getting a bunch of flares then coming back around and getting a bunch of lawn dart kills is extremely my poo poo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Arty truck on rush is hilarious. why yes please cluster around the armed telegraph, i love multikills.

If even 2 of the assaults i victimized had just hidden in some ruins and shot rockets at me they could have at least driven me off temporarily, but instead i rack up huge kill counts while being ignored.

Then again pubbies seem to have vehicle blindness in general so it might not be unique to the arty truck.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea I love rush for the arty truck and flanker tank but the low player count can be a bummer. They need to bump it a bit because i like rush style game play but don't always want to sit through an operation

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
:yeah:

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

Got a few squad boosts and a few hours to kill if anyone wants to squad up on PS4. Join off of battlegoons or add me: PromZombie.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Frag crossbow is probably the most enjoyable weapon in the game and once you figure out the trajectory you can do some dumb poo poo like this http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/25009707

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Man you guys all play with some tiny-rear end minimaps.

I play on a 106" screen that is 8 foot wide and 5 feet tall. I bet my "tiny-rear end" minimap is bigger than your whole screen. :)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

Frag crossbow is probably the most enjoyable weapon in the game and once you figure out the trajectory you can do some dumb poo poo like this http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/25009707

At first I didn't like it, but I've been playing a lot of support lately chasing a medal and leveling up, and it's grown on me. You're right, once you get a feel for the trajectory, it's really intuitive (and I think a bit forgiving if you have an actual target). It's very useful for when you're suppressing the gently caress out of some fool and he ducks behind cover. Lob a crossbow his way and he's done. It would be sweet if you could equip both HE and frag on the same build, because HE is useful for bringing down sniper nests.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Bone crew, I'm online for a while. Let's ride.

GT: Iscariote

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Finger Prince posted:

At first I didn't like it, but I've been playing a lot of support lately chasing a medal and leveling up, and it's grown on me. You're right, once you get a feel for the trajectory, it's really intuitive (and I think a bit forgiving if you have an actual target). It's very useful for when you're suppressing the gently caress out of some fool and he ducks behind cover. Lob a crossbow his way and he's done. It would be sweet if you could equip both HE and frag on the same build, because HE is useful for bringing down sniper nests.

I haven't really used the HE xbow but if taking down buildings is your game limpets are the way to go. Just wish you could toss them more than 3 feet. Honestly I would like an impact grenade xbow just to be able to use it more aggressively.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

I haven't really used the HE xbow but if taking down buildings is your game limpets are the way to go. Just wish you could toss them more than 3 feet. Honestly I would like an impact grenade xbow just to be able to use it more aggressively.

Yeah the limpet throw limit is seriously annoying. I was 4 feet from an arty truck last night and threw the drat thing on the ground. You'd think lugging an LMG and 400 rounds of ammunition around would give support troops a little more upper body strength.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah the limpet throw limit is seriously annoying. I was 4 feet from an arty truck last night and threw the drat thing on the ground. You'd think lugging an LMG and 400 rounds of ammunition around would give support troops a little more upper body strength.

It's also dangerously inconsistent, if the game detects a vehicle it can attach to, it'll occasionally give the range a lil extra oomph. The reverse scenario is true as well, sometimes if I'm trying to place it on the ground it'll just drop at my goddamn feet.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Charlie Train Runnin is an iconic tune from The Auxiliary Treats Orchestra. The original recording features not only the inimitable ownage of Snacks himself, but a supporting cast of Ineffable on Tank, Poophole on shotgun, wintermute on the syringe and desertpickle's own distinct blend of Somehow Not Dying

Sounds like my kind of party! I've been busy but I think I'm gonna play a lot of bf1 this weekend for new years. See you on the Battlefield soldiers!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Played for about 4 hours yesterday after getting this for xmas. Played around with Scout a whole bunch.

Love the smle but still working out the sweet spot. Managed to get a few good flanks in and pick up four kills in quick succession. Whats the consensus best set up for mid-ish range sniping?

I pushed hard and capped objectives and used flares as much as possible. Heaps of fun. Racked up a lot of points loving around with medic throwing boxes down in chole point and rezing dead dudes.

Support seems a bit poo poo with nothing unlocked.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Get the benet-mercie telescopic and do some work, the Lewis gun is pretty underwhelming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

e.pilot posted:

Get the benet-mercie telescopic and do some work, the Lewis gun is pretty underwhelming

Any benet mercie is gonna up your efficacy. Fire in 8-10 round bursts, gently caress badmans