Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Revolver Bunker posted:

That's what had me worried and got me to preorder the Japanese premium version. I'm not sure how they'll handle music outside Japan. When the US release of initial D came out they couldn't get any of the rights to the Euro beat music so they filled it in with generic action music.

Even Japan can't get the rights to initial d music. All the new initial d stuff has replaced the euro beat with random j rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
This is kind of a weird question, but is there anything like an English fandom term (for SRW or otherwise) for 全滅プレイ (throwing and replaying a level to grind money and xp)?

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Grinding?

Sometimes I've heard people call it the game over trick, but mostly just grinding.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Game over grinding is the term I usually hear.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Losing the skill point" :colbert:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Oh my god I have to survive 11 turns? What the hell is this crap, drat you STMC's, drat you Alpha 3, let me deploy 20 squads drat it!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Ryoga posted:

Even Japan can't get the rights to initial d music. All the new initial d stuff has replaced the euro beat with random j rock.

I did not know that. That's unfortunate since that was part of the reason why the show was so good.

Logicblade posted:

Oh my god I have to survive 11 turns? What the hell is this crap, drat you STMC's, drat you Alpha 3, let me deploy 20 squads drat it!

Is that the level where you have to hold the line? If so I just put units with map weapons on each corner and then what amounted to a firing line all the way around with capital ships in the center to buff.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, also, this was probably mentioned in the thread but I just found it out by g oing through JP news so maybe it didn't get copy/pasted much or something: V will let you pick between the male and female protagonist as the lead. The other will apparently still be in the game (As the subpilot?) but not from the start, so probably mild story variations but not totally different routes or anything. They both have the same mech, also.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
got a ps4 (500gb) for Christmas!

tell me everything thing i need to do to play MD and V :getin:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Race Realists posted:

got a ps4 (500gb) for Christmas!

tell me everything thing i need to do to play MD and V :getin:

you can just import an asian english copy off play-asia and be done with it if you're okay with paying for shipping

if not, you have to make a singapore PSN account and then buy a singapore PSN card

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Endorph posted:

you can just import an asian english copy off play-asia and be done with it if you're okay with paying for shipping

if not, you have to make a singapore PSN account and then buy a singapore PSN card

which is less of a brutal murder on my wallet?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Race Realists posted:

which is less of a brutal murder on my wallet?

The card for sure. You save on shipping cost and generally SNG PSN cards are not overly expensive. You might check on ebay for cheaper copies that someone is selling used but otherwise I recommend the card.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
So I was wrong about something - the 3 point ExAct isn't just the crit spirit, it apparently actually stacks with Valor/Soul now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK1Olo7qgrI

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Ryoga posted:

Man what's even the point of that show without the doofy music

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Endorph posted:

Just to add on to this since there are older guides floating around, better just stick with a Singapore PSN exactly (Hong Kong accounts used to work all the same to get the Asian English versions at the start of the year, but apparently the HK PSN only has the Chinese versions now as opposed to the English versions).

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
HELP! I created a japanese yahoo email account and im not getting a verification email!

KoB
May 1, 2009
You can just use a normal email address.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

KoB posted:

You can just use a normal email address.

pretty sure you have to have japanese email and a japanese zipcode to create a jp psn account

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

IIRC when I made mine way back when you didn't need a Japanese e-mail address and you can just put in any old Japanese zipcode in, unless SCEJA decided to start giving more of a drat about that.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Race Realists posted:

pretty sure you have to have japanese email and a japanese zipcode to create a jp psn account

Only the zip code(which can be anyone, as they only check to see that it's Japanese, not where in Japan it actually is), the email can be an American one(I made mine using a regular Gmail account)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, all my overseas PSN accounts are Gmail. They don't care very hard about that.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
so i can make an american gmail account, ok great.

i just need to figure out an alternative phone number, right (using my only one with my primary gmail)?

i literally only ever make alternate yahoo accounts

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Just use a guide.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Man, the second/last stage of CCA in GGG is really long and getting Char's Get Guage filled was the most annoying thing about it. Pretty easy but I had to have Char shoot down like every Jeagan and I think 4 nukes which took a lot of turns.

I did not like how Amuro does not say that he will use Gundam to push back that worthless piece of rock, but when Axis splits, the battle background does look pretty cool.

Beyond the Time would have been great there.

Also, is there a list of cut-ins for what pilot needs to be in what MS? Zeta Haman has no cut ins in the Qubeley. I assume ZZ Haman does but they really dropped the ball on the cut ins. Like SRWZ3's lazy face pop ins would have been appreciated.

Edit: I am dumb, Qubeley has a Vigor attack and that has a cut in for Z Haman.

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 28, 2016

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Got it sorted out. Thanks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the super robot wars z2.2 menu patch is, uh, hm.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
One of the missing Sphere Reactors, Aalawbsa.

e: did they translate 気力 as "Vitality"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Does the menu patch translate objectives/SR points too? Otherwise it seems kinda worthless.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I am also Liard.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
They forgot to translate 能力 (stats) which I assume is why it says ??.

"Spr" is an abbreviation for two entirely different things in the skill list (and I swear 闘争心 had an Atlus translation but I might be wrong).
e: I'm almost sure it was "Resolve" actually.

Leaving the ・ in the dude's name, for no reason.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 28, 2016

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I think Atlus translated 闘争心 as Warring Heart? I never bothered getting it either way.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

MarsDragon posted:

I think Atlus translated 闘争心 as Warring Heart? I never bothered getting it either way.

That doesn't sound like Atlus. It kind of sounds more like MD. Atlus was pretty liberal with its gameplay nouns, for better (Prevail) or worse (Fury).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Does the menu patch translate objectives/SR points too? Otherwise it seems kinda worthless.
IIRC the dude behind the project was planning on doing those too but never got around to it.

He actually had a partial MX Portable patch in the works too but never released it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

now how dare you all act like this is a substandard product

If the robot's name is being kept as Tetsujin, then this should be Tetsujin Full Power.

Shouldn't this be 'Balsaber Drilling?'

I think the official TL for this is Grapearls, but I can at least get 'Gula' since 'Gu-rren La-gann', but isn't the 'pearl' pretty obvious?

how do you get 'scale' from 分析, the first google result for that is 'google analytics' you think that'd be a tip

uh, buddy

think you missed a spot buddy...

buddy.......

translate????

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

I mean

"dringing" is technically accurate to the Japanese noises

which is all you can expect at this point

p.s. yes, it is a "P" at the top, but almost everyone reads "Bal" at first glance (me included). It's kind of uncanny.

quote:

I think the official TL for this is Grapearls, but I can at least get 'Gula' since 'Gu-rren La-gann', but isn't the 'pearl' pretty obvious?

I think that's the official translation but if you want to get real nerdy (which, I think, translators should, to an extent) the origin of the name is from the sentence "Gurren-Lagann ga ippai aru" which is three different kinds of headaches to translate into English which is why it's a goddamn good thing they never said that in the show itself.

Not that I think any research has gone into this patch, at least at this stage.

quote:

how do you get 'scale' from 分析, the first google result for that is 'google analytics' you think that'd be a tip

:shrug:

quote:

uh, buddy

I saw a demo video where they'd named one of the Gravion characters "Midzuki" and I wasn't going to give them poo poo about it because the video was from like 2012 but nope, apparently they're still doing this.

This whole thing feels like it was translated with a kana table.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 28, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gulall?

Wow that sounds terrible.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Endorph posted:

The weapon's name IS Pulsaber/パルサーベル, since it's named after Marin's Pulsar Burn ship.

As for the other... no one really knows what the creators were thinking when they named it ドリンギング. Dringing just matches the letters, so yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Okay, Baldios is weird, can't knock the guy for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Translation patches are hard

• Locked thread