Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Justice Herald gives 12% of Max hp every floor, and is my favorite soul link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I grabbed Reign for a dollar. It's fun even if my reigns are always cut short.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mrit SA posted:

Justice Herald gives 12% of Max hp every floor, and is my favorite soul link.

Lets not forget the 4 defense as well. Justice is loving amazing. I took the mage with soul like justice and cyborg to the Skeleton island. Cyborg get a 10% boost and 12 ep each time your poisoned. Each jellyfish ended up being 60 ep. Tons of ep, buffs, free healing, and the pirate ship cleaning up. I died around floor 85.

Edit: also I have gotten abyss roar faction for my daily quest about 5 times in row. It annoys me so much. I still only have the two golems and a 1* captain. Well I also got the pharmacist, who soul link literally does nothing. Its skill buffs a potion that can only be gotten when pharmacist is the main gumball. The rest of my factions have all sorts of interesting combos, except abyss roar. Thanks game.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 28, 2016

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Whenever I get a non-Alouwei daily I just get the two pieces and bail out at Floor 6 unless I have some lovely grindy DP to gather from that zone. You get two vigor back as your reward so just getting the progress to the 5-day reward is worth it.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Shwqa posted:

Lets not forget the 4 defense as well. Justice is loving amazing. I took the mage with soul like justice and cyborg to the Skeleton island. Cyborg get a 10% boost and 12 ep each time your poisoned. Each jellyfish ended up being 60 ep. Tons of ep, buffs, free healing, and the pirate ship cleaning up. I died around floor 85.

Edit: also I have gotten abyss roar faction for my daily quest about 5 times in row. It annoys me so much. I still only have the two golems and a 1* captain. Well I also got the pharmacist, who soul link literally does nothing. Its skill buffs a potion that can only be gotten when pharmacist is the main gumball. The rest of my factions have all sorts of interesting combos, except abyss roar. Thanks game.

Agreed, Abyss Roar is a weird faction, and at the point I am at in the game feels like an afterthought.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

DarciisFyer posted:

Adventurer's villagers often gift you with EP among other things. Adventurer's ability, along with farplane ranger, is one of those things that sounds underwhelming but is actually somewhat overpowered in many dungeons. The villagers show up often and gift you so many things that he's one of the most useful and versatile gumballs in the game.

In some dungeons, the villagers give you dungeon-specific items. I don't remember which dungeons for which this is true, but I know I've received some villager gifts that were a big cache of dungeon-gimmick-related items. And even if you're just getting the regular gifts, some of them are pretty good, such as the booze/cigarettes which you can use to heal, or push up your total HP/MP numbers.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Where's the first AB magic gumball? I would like to start bringing one along so I can actually use scrolls.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Technically, Sorcerer, which is hiding in the first dungeon. Not easy to get but certainly closer for a newcomer than Zerg Queen is.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Len posted:

Where's the first AB magic gumball? I would like to start bringing one along so I can actually use scrolls.

You can still cast scrolls up to Rank 2, and the Fighter has titles you can upgrade that will get you access to Ranks 3-5 in three classes.

You can get the Sorcerer as a hidden gumball in the first zone.
Get the Sorcerer's Robe off a corpse in a boar cave. It's mutually exclusive with the Smurf Potion so if you get that instead, do a "SL30" reset* This will re-randomize the game for you, and hopefully you'll find it later. On floor 50+ you have a chance to see a Sorcerer's Hut. Put on the Sorceror's Robe and enter it, and fork over 300k coins to get the slime on your team. To get their fragments you can do the same process in another run and pay 200k for 20 frags.

If you have the airship you can get the Zerg Queen, who has an amazing ability for killing bosses if you have her in your party
She's hiding in a maze called Planetary Fragment, which you have a chance of encountering at Exploration Level 60+. The stage is covered in poisoned slates so make sure you're using a gumball that can deal with that (eg Witch, Death Knight, Cyborg). Bringing Concussion potion will make things easier.

*SL30 reset: Force quit out of the game (DO NOT PRESS PAUSE) and don't log back in for over 30 minutes. When you reload your game it'll keep your progress in the maze up to the end of the previous level but re-randomize everything for you after that point. More details available here.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Kheldarn posted:

In what's probably a big mistake, Armpit Hero: VIP and Lost Journey are on sale for a whopping $0.01.
Yeah, Armpit Hero requires calling and contacts permissions, and the error is this for not granting it, not the most endearing of trust:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Delpino posted:

Yeah, Armpit Hero requires calling and contacts permissions, and the error is this for not granting it, not the most endearing of trust:

The fact that it's broken english and also doesn't fit proper screen limits is a bit shady. If it just wanted files that's okay. I don't like giving most apps access to making calls.

I'm not even going to bother refunding for a penny.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Alright, what's the gimmick for the boss of Saint's Tower? The dark + light Elemental combo boss, I think it's new (no idea what they changed it from). I'm using a 2-star Holy Warrior gumball and up until that point it's a cakewalk, and I have a Light Paladin (or whatever it is) in the tank to up to full health, but I still can't seem to make a dent in the boss(es). Melee doesn't do enough against the Dark boss, Magic don't do poo poo against the Light boss - do the spells that you get from the Crystal things make a bigger dent? I ignored all those except to plug the Dark one to get my full melee damage back.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Aaronicon posted:

Alright, what's the gimmick for the boss of Saint's Tower? The dark + light Elemental combo boss, I think it's new (no idea what they changed it from). I'm using a 2-star Holy Warrior gumball and up until that point it's a cakewalk, and I have a Light Paladin (or whatever it is) in the tank to up to full health, but I still can't seem to make a dent in the boss(es). Melee doesn't do enough against the Dark boss, Magic don't do poo poo against the Light boss - do the spells that you get from the Crystal things make a bigger dent? I ignored all those except to plug the Dark one to get my full melee damage back.

Magic golem nuking worked well enough for me to clear the first run-throughs.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I think there's a brief period after you deactivate a pillar where the aura effects don't take effect, so after you disable the dark pillar and turn Astana into his light form you'll see a countdown until the silence reactivates on the light pillar.

I think the light version is easier, but the fact he wipes stoneskin before he attacks and all buffs (including infinite duration ones like holy rebirth!) means it's surprisingly hard to stay on the light form for too long.

Also I made a thread so we can all pile on over and stop terrorizing this one. At least this game doesn't have friend codes!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Oh thank god for a Gumball thread.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If any more goons want in the Dawn of Titans guild pm me here or in game. Same name as I have here. Come watch a giant Titan step on people.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Delpino posted:

I took one look at the art for Armpit Hero and closed the page. I know a lovely game when i see one.

Edit: also it's called Armpit Hero and I'm no longer nine years old.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I took one look at the art for Armpit Hero and closed the page. I know a lovely game when i see one.

Edit: also it's called Armpit Hero and I'm no longer nine years old.

One good thing Steam did in 2016 was require all games to use ingame screenshots only for their store page. I wish the Play Store would follow this example because probably 90% of games I look at have 1 or less shots showing the game.

Here's an example of a good store page.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FadedReality posted:

One good thing Steam did in 2016 was require all games to use ingame screenshots only for their store page. I wish the Play Store would follow this example because probably 90% of games I look at have 1 or less shots showing the game.
But how are product managers supposed to justify their existence if they aren't allowed to add massive device frames and marketing photos and pictures of attractive women holding products that have vague tangential relation to the app to every "screenshot"?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tunga posted:

But how are product managers supposed to justify their existence if they aren't allowed to add massive device frames and marketing photos and pictures of attractive women holding products that have vague tangential relation to the app to every "screenshot"?

Come play, m'Lord.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Bunch of more games on sale including Crashlands, Octodad, Rush Rally 2, Motorsport Manager, Steven Universe: Attack the Light, Assassin's Creed Identity, Game Dev Story and all the Dragon Quest games.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Come play, m'Lord.

Doesn't work without a boob shot.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I got a new phone. Is there any way to recover the purchases I've made in games?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Depends on the game. Most (?) should have some sort of "restore purchases" option. Worse comes to worst, you can email the developer to ask for them back.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Super Mario Run store page is up, where you can pre-register your interest.

Also more sales: Prune, The Room Three, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Lego Jurassic World and Modern Combat 4 are 99 cents, This War of Mine is $2.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is out on the app store! :objection:

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It has been out for a few weeks but for some reason it is fifteen great British pounds so no thanks.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That does include the full game I believe, which retailed originally for 40, unlike the other games which required IAPs to get everything.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Picked up Game Dev Story finally, thanks for the sale heads up!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Knightmare posted:

Picked up Game Dev Story finally, thanks for the sale heads up!

One of the few Kairosoft games that are still good. They really poo poo the bed lately.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Onean posted:

That does include the full game I believe, which retailed originally for 40, unlike the other games which required IAPs to get everything.

On iOS it costs 99 cents just to play the first half of the first chapter and having played it I would probably feel ripped off once I got to that point.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Hey guys need a recommendation for my 70 year old grandma. The lady loving loves farmville...loves it. Unfortunately recently my grandmother has been cut off by the family because she keeps getting sacked into phishing scams. I'm wondering if there is anything out there that is like that game but offline. Unfortunately all I know about the game is you set up a farm, people visit it and do chores.

Any help would loving put me in your debt. Also here is a wiki article about the game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FarmVille

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Texibus posted:

Hey guys need a recommendation for my 70 year old grandma. The lady loving loves farmville...loves it. Unfortunately recently my grandmother has been cut off by the family because she keeps getting sacked into phishing scams. I'm wondering if there is anything out there that is like that game but offline. Unfortunately all I know about the game is you set up a farm, people visit it and do chores.

Any help would loving put me in your debt. Also here is a wiki article about the game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FarmVille

There's always Farmville(2).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zynga.FarmVille2CountryEscape&hl=en

Edit: (I haven't played it but it says there is an "anonymous" mode that lets you play on your own. I assume that means no interaction.)

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Is it offline? That's the biggest part.

Doesn't look like it is.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Texibus posted:

Is it offline? That's the biggest part.

Doesn't look like it is.

Is the problem being able to interact with others or is she going to be completely shut off from an internet connection?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
She'll have Internet, they just don't want her to friend all these strange people to work her farms because she's just not savvy enough to not give out personal information.

So to answer the question, it's the interaction with the other players they're trying to limit.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Get her Stardew valley. From steam

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Texibus posted:

She'll have Internet, they just don't want her to friend all these strange people to work her farms because she's just not savvy enough to not give out personal information.

So to answer the question, it's the interaction with the other players they're trying to limit.

For what it's worth then: I have yet to play an android game that lets me actually communicate with anyone. I've been able to add people using their friend code or whatever for bonuses but very little interaction.

This is just my experience though and may be totally wrong when it comes to specific games.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

feverish and oversexed posted:

Get her Stardew valley. From steam

Which plays nothing like farmville. Farmville is about clicking and waiting for timers to countdown. Stardew Valley is an actual game where you have to move around and buy things so it may be too complicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Len posted:

Which plays nothing like farmville. Farmville is about clicking and waiting for timers to countdown. Stardew Valley is an actual game where you have to move around and buy things so it may be too complicated

So Tiny Tower?