Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
FF15 for me. It wasn't a great game but it was a good one and surpassed my low expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Let It Die is definitely my gotm, even though it's not exactly a great game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
GotM is TLG. It wasn't the revelation it needed to be after all the delays, but it was still drat good and Trico is so drat :3:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

One day I hope to call Persona 5 GOTM.

One day... :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad I read up about thirty flights of loving a few sales back because if I had actually bought the game and not known that the game is 10 minutes long then i'd have been pretty miffed about it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm glad I read up about thirty flights of loving a few sales back because if I had actually bought the game and not known that the game is 10 minutes long then i'd have been pretty miffed about it

Gravity Bone is free, an experimental first-person narrative game that you can beat in a coffee break is a lot more palatable when you don't have to drop five bucks on it.

Blendo Games is weird because when they try and make "real" games like Atom Zombie Smasher or Flotilla they're usually pretty good, but their narrative games are all just kinda...there. I haven't played Quadrilateral Cowboy but from what I heard it wasn't particularly good at either gameplay or narrative, especially when there's been such an abundance of programming games as of late.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
So uh, the last phase of the sniper fight in Furi is just loving turbo-bullshit.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

So forget GotY, what was GotM?
I think the only game I got that was released this month was a review copy of The Little Acre, so I guess that??

my game of next month is Splasher by the way because of the same reason

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

So uh, the last phase of the sniper fight in Furi is just loving turbo-bullshit.

The one bad boss of that game.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Phantasium posted:

The one bad boss of that game.

Good to hear. I really like the other bosses (though the angel got me super pissed, too much bullet hell). I don't know how many I have remaining and I don't want to know, I'll find out whenever I get past that sniper.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man I really wanna play Furi

Love action games with adaptive music; gets me hyped

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Looper posted:

Game of the year is Kirby Planet Robobot, let's all give it a warm round of applause

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Looper posted:

Game of the year is Super Mario Bros. 2 baybee, let's all give it a warm round of applause

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

tap my mountain posted:

Let It Die is definitely my gotm, even though it's not exactly a great game

Let It Die is definitely game of the month. I hear that it gets grindier later, but I've been having a blast on the first 10-11 floors of the tower. If you go into it expecting souls combat, you're gonna hate it.

It's a really fun game and it's eating my life.

Furi is really loving good. It is the opposite of Let it Die in every single way.

Protip: once you learn the bosses, play furi hudless, it's so sexy. It might be rough playing hudless from the beginning, because without the health bars it could be hard to understand when the boss is immune to damage...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My game of the month is hitman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K6x-4zRvGQ

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

My minor complaint with Furi is hearing the bosses say the same lines over and over. It got bad enough in the angel fight that I switched the language to French just to hear something different. I guess it doesn't matter after you're already good at the game though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm playing Sniper Elite V2 on my 360 currently and enjoying it a fair bit. the game is very limited and the levels are all shooting galleries pretending to be stealth sections but it just feels good to snipe.

Looking forward, there are a couple games coming out in the next few months named sniper. sniper elite 4 and sniper ghost warrior 3.

anybody know if the sniper elite series has advanced in a meaningful way since V2 that would make the new one worth picking up?

anybody know anything about the sniper ghost warrior series?

thanks

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

My minor complaint with Furi is hearing the bosses say the same lines over and over. It got bad enough in the angel fight that I switched the language to French just to hear something different. I guess it doesn't matter after you're already good at the game though.

Yeah, you can change the dialogue language, which is nice. Subtitle language is independent, so if you want it to be peak anime, you can set the voices to Japanese with English subs.

I kind of like the dialogue though.

Turning the hud off is the best. It removes prompts and everything.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm playing Sniper Elite V2 on my 360 currently and enjoying it a fair bit. the game is very limited and the levels are all shooting galleries pretending to be stealth sections but it just feels good to snipe.

Looking forward, there are a couple games coming out in the next few months named sniper. sniper elite 4 and sniper ghost warrior 3.

anybody know if the sniper elite series has advanced in a meaningful way since V2 that would make the new one worth picking up?

thanks

V3 was a pretty big improvement over V2 and V4 looks like more of the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FrI5Op8njE

Actually it looks better. Was kind of sold on it with the x-ray brain stabbing. That was pretty metal. :black101:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Real hurthling! posted:

thanks
The Sniper Ghost Warrior series is the lower budget knockoff sniper series made by City Interactive, publisher of such fine products as the TERRORIST TAKEDOWN series and CODE OF HONOUR series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_vUPGXW_nQ

They are finally copying the bullet cam from the Sniper Elite series, at least.

Games developed and published by CI
Alien Rage (formerly Alien Fear)
Aquatica: The Sunken City
Armed Forces Corp.
Art of Murder 3: Cards of Destiny
Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets
Art of Murder 1: FBI Confidential
Art of Murder 2: Hunt for the Puppeteer
Art of Murder: The Secret Files
Battlestrike: Force of Resistance (released as Mortyr III in Eastern Europe)
Battlestrike: Road to Berlin (also known as WWII: Battlestrike)
Battlestrike: Shadow of Stalingrad (also known as Battlestrike: Force of Resistance 2)
Battlestrike: The Siege
Beauty Factory
Brain College: 3 Days ZOO Mystery
Brain College: Ancient Quest of Saqqarah
Brain College: Aztec Adventures
Brain College: Blood Ties
Brain College: Call of Atlantis
Brain College: Chinese Temple
Brain College: Coyote's Tales: Sisters of Fire and Water
Brain College: El Dorado Quest
Brain College: Herod's Lost Tomb
Brain College: Lost City of Z
Brain College: Magic Bootique
Brain College: Pharaoh's Mystery
Brain College: Stoneloops of Jurassica
Brain College: The Mystery of the Mary Celeste
Brain College: Tropical Lost Island
Chicken Riot
Chronicles of Mystery: Curse of the Ancient Temple
Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom
Chronicles of Mystery: The Legend of the Sacred Treasure
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual
Chronicles of Mystery: The Secret Tree of Life
Code of Honor: The French Foreign Legion
Code of Honor 2: Conspiracy Island
Code of Honor 3: Desperate Measures
Combat Wings
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain
Combat Wings: Battle of the Pacific
Combat Wings: Great Battles of WWII (also known as Dogfight 1942)
Combat Zone: Special Forces
Cooking Academy
Cooking Academy 2
Crime Lab: Body of Evidence
Enemy Front
Farm Frenzy
I Love Beauty: Hollywood Makeover
I love Beauty: Make Up Studio
Jade Rousseau: The Fall of Sant Antonio
Jet Storm: Modern Dogfights (also known as Jetfighter 2015)
Jewels of Atlantis
Jewels of Sahara
Jewels of the Ages
Jewels of Tropical Lost Island
Logic Machines
Lords of the Fallen
Murder in Venice
Operation Thunderstorm (also known as Mortyr IV: Operation Thunderstorm)
Party Designer
Project Freedom (also known as Space Interceptor and Starmageddon 2)
Redneck Kentucky and the Next Generation Chickens
SAS: Secure Tomorrow
Shutter Island
Smash Up Derby
Sniper: Art of Victory
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3
Sushi Academy
Tank Combat
The Chickenator
The Hell in Vietnam
The Royal Marines Commando
Terrorist Takedown
Terrorist Takedown: Covert Operations
Terrorist Takedown: Payback
Terrorist Takedown: War in Colombia
Terrorist Takedown 2
Terrorist Takedown 3
Vampire Moon: The Mystery of the Hidden Sun
Wings of Honour
Wings of Honour: Battles of the Red Baron
Wolfschanze II
WWII: Pacific Heroes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

savage takedown

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Cardboard Box A posted:

Project Freedom (also known as Space Interceptor and Starmageddon 2)
Redneck Kentucky and the Next Generation Chickens

:911:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I played a couple of City Interactive shovelware FPS'es back in the day. They bought a license for the original FEAR engine and all their games were around 90 minutes long extended to last 3 hours because you moved slow as poo poo and died in two hits.

I hope one day we get a sequel to TERRORIST TAKEDOWN 3. I wanna see if hot comms babe ends up dating main character shootman after he kills all those terrorists in a boat or something.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Real hurthling! posted:

I got a chance to play one of them for free so I decided to take it for science, and it was bad. Real bad.

Nothing like Sniper Elite.

Basically imagine the most linear, scripted FPS possible. Move forward, duck here, snipe this guy, cutscene, move to the next point, turn left, shoot these two guys, etc.

All the shooting was really dumb and mostly pretty close range and didn't even feel like proper sniping. Enemy AI was practically nonexistent. You have very little room to do much of anything. Its like somebody tried to make a stealth game using the Goldeneye 64 engine.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yikes.

there's some funny poo poo in V2 too like how the guard's voices when they are alerted and searching for you aren't treated like a sourced sound in the environment but just play at full volume out of both speakers in a stereo setup so you have no idea where the guys are.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I've reached the part of Arkham Asylum where you can pick off dudes with guns in a room until you get them down to one guy, who starts getting really scared and firing at nothing while the Joker chimes in every so often to remind him that I am here, watching him

This game is amazing

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Real hurthling! posted:

yikes.

there's some funny poo poo in V2 too like how the guard's voices when they are alerted and searching for you aren't treated like a sourced sound in the environment but just play at full volume out of both speakers in a stereo setup so you have no idea where the guys are.

Plus you can shoot dudes in the nuts

Shooting Hitler's balls is pretty good for a laugh

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

bloodychill posted:

LawfulWaffle, did you actually make that rock puppet?

My friend did after we had all watched Over the Garden Wall and I explained my interest in using the rock as my avatar (and explaining the appeal of the SA forums). She also knit/crocheted a Puppycat and a Metal Gear Fox/D-Dog for my wife and I, and sculpted me a minifig like thing of myself for my birthday. I have the minifig at my office, but here's a photo of the other ones.

She's a good friend.

E: I don't know if she gave me the rock before we moved and I misplaced it or if she still has it. I am a bad friend.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 28, 2016

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I got a 3ds grip for christmas and it feels soooo much better to play.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am using an amazon gift card thing I got to order the first 3 Pixel Tactics card game decks :D

I have to find the card I received that had 50 bucks in it tho, it somehow disappeared in the day since I set it down on the kitchen table. haha, welp

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/pixelmatt64/status/813851857760026624

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

LawfulWaffle posted:

My friend did after we had all watched Over the Garden Wall and I explained my interest in using the rock as my avatar (and explaining the appeal of the SA forums). She also knit/crocheted a Puppycat and a Metal Gear Fox/D-Dog for my wife and I, and sculpted me a minifig like thing of myself for my birthday. I have the minifig at my office, but here's a photo of the other ones.

She's a good friend.

E: I don't know if she gave me the rock before we moved and I misplaced it or if she still has it. I am a bad friend.

Puppycat and Paul Blart are inexorably linked in my mind thanks to that one Nintendo artist.

https://twitter.com/kokosac/status/642573123775172608
https://twitter.com/kokosac/status/642642154490232832
https://twitter.com/kokosac/status/642690791505137664
https://twitter.com/kokosac/status/642896857711046657

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The sniper almost made me quit that game I hated her so much, but I'm glad I stuck with it for what comes after. It's bullshit but it's doable.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The sniper did make me quit the game, gently caress that.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

One of the games I wanted to finish before 2017 was Fire Emblem Fates. I was worried that it might be an uphill battle, but it appears my gamewife can solo most maps, so that was fun.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Speaking of Fire Emblem, what ever happened to that SMT/FE crossover game? Did it ever take off or was was it a big dud? I remember reading they were struggling to meet budget and time constraints and had to drop basically all the localization work, which only added more issues on to Nintendo's weird graphic and cosmetic changes they demanded happen.

I hope it did well enough for them to not give up on the idea of SMT crossovers in the future. :ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Speaking of Fire Emblem, what ever happened to that SMT/FE crossover game? Did it ever take off or was was it a big dud? I remember reading they were struggling to meet budget and time constraints and had to drop basically all the localization work, which only added more issues on to Nintendo's weird graphic and cosmetic changes they demanded happen.

I hope it did well enough for them to not give up on the idea of SMT crossovers in the future. :ohdear:

It was game of the year 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

boy and I thought Corn was good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Furnaceface posted:

It was my second favourite JRPG of the year though later battles could get a bit tedious as there was no session skip button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How do I self publish ironically bad PS4 themes so I can start raking in $$$$$?

• Locked thread