Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spoeank posted:

Really excited for the first player to mime putting a phone up to his ear running back up the court when he thinks he's been fouled and it doesn't get called

If he were still playing, Danny Ainge would fill up the voicemail box after every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Athanatos posted:

Boogie goes up and throws down a monster dunk.
Reaches down to his sock, pulls a cellphone out, dials a number
"Please leave your message at the beep"
screams AND ONE

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

"Mrs. Curry...Mrs. Curry this line is for players only."

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

screams AND ONE

Spoeank posted:

Really excited for the first player to mime putting a phone up to his ear running back up the court when he thinks he's been fouled and it doesn't get called

i'm here for this

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

chunkles posted:

aaaand Onuaku's back to the Vipers. Come on Morey, the people want underhanded free throws

Hopefully he can improve his conditioning to the point where he isn't gassed after playing 4 garbage time minutes. I want a real sample size on those free throws.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Would you rather find the career of your dreams or have your favorite team draft the next Lebrom?

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 28, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Redgrendel2001 posted:

lmao

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Would you rather find the career of your dreams or have your favorite team draft the next Lebrom?
What if the career of my dreams is being the next LeBron!?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Can I get legalistic and wish to be the next Lebron and be drafted by my favorite team

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Athanatos posted:

screams AND ONE

Spoeank posted:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets social media is getting a little surreal

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Typical Durant taking the side of the group that beat his rear end.
Looking forward to seeing him ref next year.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

breaking my posting hiatus to announce that it is total bullshit that the spurs have cut my boy nico "manu junior" lapavittoish

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BWV posted:

Typical Durant taking the side of the group that beat his rear end.
Looking forward to seeing him ref next year.

has anyone photoshopped "my next chapter" with a ref uniform?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

chunkles posted:

That beard has to be horribly uncomfortable, itchy, hot, and disgusting during and after every game he plays

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Its starting to get really gross and Baron had the better beard

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

:golfclap:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Fat guards with beards is the league inefficiency Morey doesn't want the NBA to realize

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i'm listening

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/813902325613936640

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

At least once a weak the NBA manages to surprise me with something hilarious

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

chunkles posted:

The Chuck Norris/Dos Equis Man formula with light basketball references :discourse:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Daryl Morey to write series of children's books (The Little Tweener That Could, The Poky Little Points Guard, Green Eggs and Stats)

Also, Houston SAS poster field trip to go see that musical

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

quote:

The premise: The people of Lilliput, a fictional island nation that appears in the 1726 novel “Gulliver’s Travels,” want to join an international basketball league. But to be competitive enough for that, they import “Michael Jordan,” a man who turns out not to be the NBA Hall-of-Famer but happens to have the same name. This merger of his life passions is not a pipe dream. Morey said the show will debut in Houston within 18 months.

“It’s definitely happening,” he said.

I am ready.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

That beard has to be horribly uncomfortable, itchy, hot, and disgusting during and after every game he plays

I'm not really into the fake masculinity artisinal axe culture, but is there a way to do something to beard ends to not make them like brillow pads that scratch the poo poo out of you?

A thought about George Karl and Phil Jackson: it's funny how much poo poo they could have avoided had they just not used racist whistle words associated with young black men. You could say, Carmelo was a selfish rear end in a top hat an didn't play in a team concept, JR Smith was a middle class kid who wanted to be a tough guy and a star without doing the work necessary. Phil could have said that Carmelo has a weird group of hangers on that might be bilking him of his money, see the digital athlete bullshit. But because they inherited those old inherently pejorative frames for discussing black men, it became a controversy. They're people, their actions as people may reflect their upbringing and it may reflect them just being assholes (JR Smith).
To make it racial seems almost purposefully inflammatory, like the type of thing someone says after they've had 2 drinks past anything like luicidity and just want to engage or argue with someone

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It's definitely happening

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm not really into the fake masculinity artisinal axe culture, but is there a way to do something to beard ends to not make them like brillow pads that scratch the poo poo out of you?
Yeah if you rub a little oil in every morning and then maybe once or twice a week shampoo and conditioner like you would your head hair then you don't get the abrasiveness and they are actually quite pleasant to touch and run your fingers through.

However when you're playing basketball it will still catch all your sweat and smell quite bad.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/813912089068613632

I am severely down with this

also

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/813899604945010688

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Found on the nba subreddit:

Embiid good

JESUS loving christ

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

This was better when it was called The Minis and starred Dennis Rodman.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yeah if you rub a little oil in every morning and then maybe once or twice a week shampoo and conditioner like you would your head hair then you don't get the abrasiveness and they are actually quite pleasant to touch and run your fingers through.

However when you're playing basketball it will still catch all your sweat and smell quite bad.

Good to know. I can only grow the scraggliest blonde beard inhistory, at least my moustache is strong

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Athanatos posted:

screams AND ONE

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

Found on the nba subreddit:

Embiid good

Bebe :love:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

I'm starting to hate when JV plays because then I don't get my bebe

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm starting to hate when JV plays because then I don't get my bebe

Next time they play the Sixers they should play both with Lowry, Ross, and DeRozan

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Shear Modulus posted:

breaking my posting hiatus to announce that it is total bullshit that the spurs have cut my boy nico "manu junior" lapavittoish

I'm pretty sure it's just putting things together so they can trade Parker and Gasol for Paul and Cousins.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Spoeank posted:

Why mime it when you can Joe Horn it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtsHxQNYDc

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Shear Modulus posted:

has anyone photoshopped "my next chapter" with a ref uniform?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i've literally never heard of a professional athlete ever praising a referee under any circumstances, kevin durant is a goddamn narc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xaQyM_oIxM

Athanatos posted:

screams AND ONE

art

• Locked thread