Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Van pedal is an option, but you'd have to pull the bracket down, and cut it and such.

I think I may have found the answer though, and it's Swedish:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-240-2...W5U8UtC&vxp=mtr

I've read a few people suggesting this. Two bolts, and the cable fits right in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Can you bodge something out of tandem length bicycle brake cables and something like 'knarps' as a cable end?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ExplodingSims posted:

So anyone have any suggestions?

It depends on availability and what you have to spend. This is like a totally solved thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Street-Rod-Chrome-Spoon-Gas-Pedal-Black-Throttle-Cable-Bracket-Spring-Kit-/361569280382

Bad example, but really....this is a hot rod thing. It's available from a lot of places.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

efb ^

As long as making the engine accelerate involves pulling on a cable, this should always work

There should be hot rod universal pedals at NAPA and obviously online.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

You included a good pic so you win.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There's also the fastback's pedal assembly.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Uh no

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I bought the Volvo pedal!

That makes the truck safer by like, osmosis or something right?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Safer by association!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Sad I didn't get to chime in with a novelty giant footprint pedal option, but that can be added later.

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
I used one of these on my 65 valiant, and it worked well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GHT9A5O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, for making cables, I like to take a short bit of 1/4 inch copper tubing, drill a hole in one side, stick the cable through, fray the end, and fill the fucker with solder. Has worked very well on a bunch of cables and not one has let go. YMMV.

Anuvin fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 27, 2016

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Lmao. I had to take my pair of german shepherds out (both on leash) today a ton because loving Hugo Stiglitz had the runs but still on that surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY

That said, you have a route planned yet, or is that putting the cart before the horse?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

I bought the Volvo pedal!

That makes the truck safer by like, osmosis or something right?

eBay? How long before it gets to 14? If there's some hot rod thing at a local store that could save days

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Anuvin posted:

I used one of these on my 65 valiant, and it worked well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GHT9A5O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, for making cables, I like to take a short bit of 1/4 inch copper tubing, drill a hole in one side, stick the cable through, fray the end, and fill the fucker with solder. Has worked very well on a bunch of cables and not one has let go. YMMV.

I've made a cable-end mold with wood before. Drill a big hole on top, a smaller hole perpendicular, put the cable in the small hole and fill the big one with melted solder. Shape as needed and bam, obsolete throttle cable is now replaced.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I just buy the screw-clamp ones from the Help! section at the store, but I like your idea better.

Current throttle uses a ball joint, though.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

19 o'clock posted:

Sad I didn't get to chime in with a novelty giant footprint pedal option, but that can be added later.

Naw dude it's supposed to be the doohickey they use to measure your feet. That's what it should be.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
14" foot?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Echotic posted:

14" foot?

That's the metric system for you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
35.56 centimeters if you want to be continental.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Front axle now complete and final torqued bearing cap to bearing cap moving on

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Front axle now complete and final torqued bearing cap to bearing cap moving on

Tite.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have until Friday to finish the truck and i don't think the pedal will be here by then.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Is the hot rodder style pedal/linkage not an option?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

There's two things keeping him there, the pedal, and a new registration sticker.
Registration expires at the end of the month, I bought another sticker, but it's in transit right now.
Pedal already shipped out, and is slated to be there Friday.

Problem is I didn't realize that this was the hard deadline. But we're so close, I'd hate to see this stop because of a pedal and a sticker.
But there are hotels in town, so If worst comes to worst, I'm sure we can put Dave up for a few days more.

Sunken cost fallacy at it's finest my friends.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I thought djdaddo was gonna put him up.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

I thought djdaddo was gonna put him up.

Yeah not so much he's seen how I work now :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Unfortunately, yeah, that's not an option anymore. But like, I said there's hotels in town.
It's less than ideal, but hey, seeing this completed is what's kept me going for the last while, and probably what I've been looking forwards to pretty much all year. It'd suck to not see it done due to a sticker.
So hey, what's a few more days in a hotel. As long as our resident Black Thumb is game, I'm pretty sure I can cover it.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

How long and how much? I can throw some money away to keep the hilarity going.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I cant do much this time of year but Ill throw in a little for a hotel too. Its sooooo close!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well see what tommorrow brings. Feeling pretty loving dejected right now

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I asked Dave to look up some rates tomorrow, so we'll know for sure. Probably til like Monday, so maybe like 3-4 days?

That being said, this us ultimately up to Dave. He's been there way longer and worked way harder than I could expect from anyone, and I totally get if he wants to call it quits. He's really been through hell and back, and that's why I wanted to get him his dream car there, as at least a small token of my appreciation for going way, way above the call of duty there.

I'm not gonna force him to stay, if it doesn't get done, oh well I guess.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Did a quick google search, cheapest hotel in town, (That's listed online anyways) is $60/night.
Which is totally doable. We're this close to the end, we can see this done.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Is danno okay with Dave continuing work like this?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I've discussed it, but if he's leaving I need to spend some time tomorrow trying to start the Daytona because if I can't get it fired up within a minimal amount of time I need to move on because I'll also need to get paperwork squared away because it has no plate of any kind on it. And if it doesn't fire up then dan leaves and Jimmy is sold then gently caress walking to and from town

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Compression, fuel, spark, how hard can it be? :haw:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
We can't stop now please!

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Red_October_7000 posted:

Naw dude it's supposed to be the doohickey they use to measure your feet. That's what it should be.

Brannock device.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Worse case scenario for temp throttle peddle is an easy fab job, no? I think I've made one out of rebar, and three chunks of 2 x 4 will work in a pinch?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
The precious buys the Jimmy mmm

It buyssss it yessssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Jimmy got sold in South Dakota :(

• Locked thread