Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

OhDearGodNo posted:

I miss those days, I really do. There was a short time when there was actual work being done. Even when Manchester opened and quickly you saw the Shubin station thing it seemed like it would be possible.

That was before they decided to make a reality TV show, spend tens of millions on mocap, and they began selling pictures over and over.

Someone mentioned how goons had $55k and I believe it. I got my refund I believe fall of 2015, but it was a couple hundred. I don't believe the fund tracker deducts for refunds issued but I'm willing to believe at a minimum 2/3 of that has been refunded.

Weren't goons collectively in for over $300k before poo poo starting going stupid? The fact that there is only collectively $55k still in, speaks volumes about how little faith remains in this project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress this year.

Seriously. How does this year get continually more lovely?

gently caress you 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6WPo-oW5Q

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

What a way to find out :(

Sorry :ohdear:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

What a way to find out :(

Carrie Fisher and Richard Adams on SA threads for me today, been happening all year. Now I just expect to find out this way.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ewe2 posted:

Carrie Fisher and Richard Adams on SA threads for me today, been happening all year. Now I just expect to find out this way.
Surprised you don't find out on IRC first.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hmm, what if 2017 is worse?

poo poo, I hope it isn't.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
While I readily acknowledge 2016 has been a poo poo year, if we're measuring it by celebrity deaths all the years are poo poo years and will continue to be so.

That said, RIP Carrie Fisher. :smith:

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I have to feel sorry for him, I mean he tries so hard to be generously optimistic about Star Citizen but the Citizens Cultists still poo poo on him.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

CrazyTolradi posted:

Surprised you don't find out on IRC first.

tbh its usually simultaneous, depending on how early some people get up and spam news urls :D Face it kids, its going to rain death in 2017 and beyond.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Evil_Greven posted:

Seriously. How does this year get continually more lovely?

gently caress you 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6WPo-oW5Q

lol 2016 owned.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Hobold posted:

Weren't goons collectively in for over $300k before poo poo starting going stupid? The fact that there is only collectively $55k still in, speaks volumes about how little faith remains in this project.
Yeah, could the guy who "talks to someone" at CIG who apparently obsesses over how many goons still haven't gotten their money back from Star Citizen do a little digging? Maybe start by asking how many people are in that organization. And it'd be fascinating to know how much has been refunded to get that number down to $55k, and especially interesting to know how it compares percentage-wise to the amount refunded to everyone else.

(And since I suspect that anyone at CIG who cares enough to skim their database to see how people on SA still have sunk into this project has probably tracked orther organizations affiliated with whoever else is on CIG's "enemies list," maybe share the data for them, too. It'd be funny to see if any other group of rats has jumped off that sinking ship faster.)

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I think even though my account was deactivated it remained on the Goonrathi roster. Are there any goons still active in the cult?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

I think even though my account was deactivated it remained on the Goonrathi roster. Are there any goons still active in the cult?

Yeah there are a few.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Guys, they said new money coming in from goons since 2013 was 55k.

I am going to guess that amount does include refunded purchases.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Lladre posted:

"Since 2013" is pretty meaningless since the start date on that range predates the start of the big Refund wave.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lladre posted:

"Since 2013" could include the end of the kickstarter. All of it was new money.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hobold posted:

"Since 2013" is pretty meaningless since the start date on that range predates the start of the big Refund wave.

It does. And it doesn't predate the big push from goons to buy fleets. It's an arbitrary number.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Who cares?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Sunswipe posted:

Who cares?

Its a stupid number, someone allegedly working at CIG pulled out of their rear end to give to :reddit: to try and make the evil goons looks stupid. Or something. gently caress knows.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Trilobite posted:

Yeah, could the guy who "talks to someone" at CIG who apparently obsesses over how many goons still haven't gotten their money back from Star Citizen do a little digging? Maybe start by asking how many people are in that organization. And it'd be fascinating to know how much has been refunded to get that number down to $55k, and especially interesting to know how it compares percentage-wise to the amount refunded to everyone else.

(And since I suspect that anyone at CIG who cares enough to skim their database to see how people on SA still have sunk into this project has probably tracked orther organizations affiliated with whoever else is on CIG's "enemies list," maybe share the data for them, too. It'd be funny to see if any other group of rats has jumped off that sinking ship faster.)

What the gently caress are you people on about?

If I remember right, they where say that people on that goon list had brought another $55k worth of ships in that time, not that they only still owned that much worth of ships.

There is a lot of misremembering going on in here to try to make a narritive to make CiG look silly. CiG is quite capable of looking silly on it's own without goons faking stuff to support it. (although the whole 'I know someone at CiG that told me Goons spent 55k since X' is so silly to start with, why even try to turn that around?) (another example was when people here where claim since they had stated that the work desk had not trinkets on them all of a sudden, CiG videos had trinkets on the desk - there where trinkets on those desk going way back.)

Don't over egg, or you'll just end up with scrambled eggs with something else in it in the end. (with all the recipes in this thread, I would except more from the thread)

I know it's a dumb dead comedy forum, and we all look silly for even reading it, but do we have to abandon all levels of quality? (Some great posters have been lost to this thread over time)

/me leaves to hop in the fridge to slow the meltdown.

e:anyone who spent any money at any time on this was dumb ----- IT WAS CHRIS 'FREELANCER/WING COMMANDER THE MOVIE' ROBERTS FROM THE START! Had none of you ever learnt your lesion from pre-ordering a bad game?

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 28, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hobold posted:

Its a stupid number, someone allegedly working at CIG pulled out of their rear end to give to :reddit: to try and make the evil goons looks stupid. Or something. gently caress knows.

Indeed. I'm just puzzled that someone who posts on SA is presenting it as if goons are a single hivemind, and therefore everyone posting in this thread is a hypocrite because we're secretly buying into the scam.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sunswipe posted:

Indeed. I'm just puzzled that someone who posts on SA is presenting it as if goons are a single hivemind, and therefore everyone posting in this thread is a hypocrite because we're secretly buying into the scam.

Where is our Warlord in this time of crisis?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Didn't we have someone in here in the past day or two, come in an stir poo poo up cuz they're still a true believer? I only skim this thread when it starts doing 400-500 pages a day.

Hell, back when most of us were still supporting this project, people called us idiots. This place has never been unified in its support or disgust for this project. Something that :reddit: can't seem to accept.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
55 grand = 1000 people in at $55 a pop

Not exactly a groundswell of support lol, but that's the strength of crowdfunding

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The whole Spectrum thing still makes me laugh uncontrollably every time I think about it.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I can believe SA still has $55,000 invested in the dream. Back when SC was going doobie's doghouse and everyone was buying ships for attention it got pretty out of hand and was handily in the hundreds of thousands.

"I bought $1000 in ships for Goonrathi :smug:"
"Hey I'm the loving tool that has $7600 in, I bought an Idris for $1500 for the org!!"
"I'm the collosal loving retard $11,000 in :smug: bet you wish you had all my ships"
"Just bought a space daycare for $500 :smug:"

The same buying friends principle that causes people to spend way too much in places where people with no real friends but disposable income gravitate

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

Where is our Warlord in this time of crisis?

I have completed the blog. It's going live tomorrow, so I have password protected it until then.

http://dereksmart.com/2016/12/star-citizen-irreconcilable-differences/

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

D_Smart posted:

I have completed the blog. It's going live tomorrow, so I have password protected it until then.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

D_Smart posted:

*Bruteforces password*

*Reads*

"All work and no play makes Derek a dull boy,
All work and no play makes Derek a dull boy,
All work and no play makes Derek a dull boy...

:aaa:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

So, I was reading Twitter of STRAFE, the upcoming indie FPS. It seems they posted some indie game development "tips" and a few popped up that reminded me of this debacle...
https://twitter.com/STRAFEgame/status/813955149903183872
https://twitter.com/STRAFEgame/status/813955293692297216
https://twitter.com/STRAFEgame/status/813955449561067520
https://twitter.com/STRAFEgame/status/813955866047062016

Then someone added this...
https://twitter.com/theryangordon/status/813969721401937921

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 28, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

D_Smart posted:

You need to release audio book versions. That way I can toss one in the car and drive from Miami to Seattle and just maybe it will finish before my destination.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

You need to release audio book versions. That way I can toss one in the car and drive from Miami to Seattle and just maybe it will finish before my destination.

Or if you where to be a real spaceman and travel to Mars.

....... Maybe.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Or if you where to be a real spaceman and travel to Mars.

....... Maybe.

July blog will get you there and back.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Tribute to the exciting new lumber yard news

I'm a lumberhack and I'm OK
I snort all night and I lie all day
(He's a lumberhack and he's OK
He snorts all night and he lies all day)
I  bullshit whales, I wave my hands
I never play my game
On Fridays I'm on you tube
And it's always just the same
(He bullshits whales..)
(He's a lumberhack...)
I wear a wig , I've had Botox
I've hired a private chef
I cry myself to sleep each night
Cos Derek smart was right
(He bullshits whales...)
(He's a lumberhack...)
I promise dreams , I beg and plead
And none of you ask me why
There's someone at my space door
It's the loving fbi ......

(He bullshits whales..)
(He's a lumberhack..)

:golfclap:
Always room for some Python references

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The weird bitcoin guy at work is a Titanic truther. Lmao I wonder if he's a citizen.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh 2.6 is out?

Good on them

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Gosh darn it, one of these days tabloids will just leave me alone! Until then though, it's "oh so and so went down with her too" and so on and so on! I know guys, it's not easy being the talk of the town, but I'm confident once I get to New York City everything will be different.

If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere! :3:

Your gimmick amuses me :)

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

The Titanic posted:

Gosh darn it, one of these days tabloids will just leave me alone! Until then though, it's "oh so and so went down with her too" and so on and so on! I know guys, it's not easy being the talk of the town, but I'm confident once I get to New York City everything will be different.

If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere! :3:

I don't know, it might mean you get ripped a new one.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
While I agree there's no need to make poo poo up to make CIG look even more utterly incompetent than they already are, I wouldn't be surprised if my amount is counted by them as a 'goon' donation simply because my name was 'backtraced' by posting here right before I got the refund and then some more in full.

Also...go gently caress yourself, 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

Viscous Soda posted:

I have to feel sorry for him, I mean he tries so hard to be generously optimistic about Star Citizen but the Citizens Cultists still poo poo on him.

Ahh don't worry about me, I've got thicker skin than anyone can imagine.

And yeah I'd love nothing more than for some solid approximation of the game to be delivered so that we can blot out the sun with our Auroras, it would be glorious, the best ending for everyone.
Equally I would not be surprised if they burn through all their money and goodwill before delivering anything capable of realizing that, and I was prepared for that outcome the moment I saw it was a Chris Roberts game, given his past history of projects delivered on schedule.

I'm not a hater.

Anyway what's really stood out with this latest video is the number of straight up racist fucks who are mad that a game might make them play as a non-white dude. Literally citing the one single character model on the loadout screen as a sign that CIG are part of some SJW conspiracy to commit white genocide. (sorry, I deleted the really offensive comments) I'm relieved to see none of this insanity on the SC Forums Or Reddit, it's mostly people posting directly on my video on youtube.