Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is the dominator the only post-game weapon that you just pick up from the overworld? And how do I get the level 99 MT mech to spawn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Did Gardenias just help an engaged man hit on his baby sister? The weirdest side quest so far.

Its good to be the king.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is the dominator the only post-game weapon that you just pick up from the overworld? And how do I get the level 99 MT mech to spawn?

No, there are a bunch of them. And it's just random for the mech, you also have to beat a weaker mech that'll appear first.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Centzon Totochtin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq1A0ufBNKQ

And for Angelus: just keep killing imperial dropship spawns. You can also save as soon as you see the dropship(before it hovers down and opens its doors) and then reload if it isn't Angelus. It'll take like 20 seconds for the dropship to fly over to you after you reload.

I've heard that he's gated behind other mechs, but he was my very first dropship spawn in the postgame. That and I never killed any other mechs from the dropships during the normal game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 28, 2016

Zr388
Jan 15, 2011

It's like taking your dog fishing with you. If it jumps in the water it'll scare all the fish away, so you have to drop a rockslide on him.
Anyone got any ultimania pages yet? It came out a few hours ago and I'm scouring.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Got me platinum and I found Pitioss. I almost hosed up the landing by hitting the rocks before the landing strip and going off course but apparently it wasn't enough to blow me up so cool.

Last achievement was Photography again, proving once again that Prompto is the worst.

thats the first one I got to 10.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah Photography was my first to 10 by far, not sure how it's the last for other people. Did you guys grind out the others super early or something?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

https://twitter.com/CowmanII/status/813917779707527168

I chose the right photo :v:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Sorry if this has been covered a billion times but this thread is huge.

My fiance has hit a pretty game breaking glitch, where randomly during battles when someone either dies or uses a team skill the game instantly kicks into an inifinte loading screen. Googling hasn't been super helpful and the solutions don't really seem to work. Anyone here dealt with this?

e: Forgot to say it's on PS4

Million Ghosts fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 28, 2016

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Oh my god can I get off this god drat train? Just let me attack mobs from my chocobo jfc

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nuts and Gum posted:

Oh my god can I get off this god drat train? Just let me attack mobs from my chocobo jfc

Story literally goes on-rails. It's bad.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Nuts and Gum posted:

Trust me you will long for the days of the train once you are off.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/CentzonDumb/status/812898376895397888

lmbo if you didn't pick the handjob (this is canon by the way)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Dumb ascension question, does it matter when I unlock the boost health/strength/etc stuff in stats? Like do I need to wait until I grind a lot before hitting that up or will it retroactively shoot up depending on how many levels I have?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
How long does chapter 14 and the ending take to get through?
It's already 12:30 and I have bad memories of deciding to commit to what I thought was the ending of the Witcher 3 at 10pm on a work night... And it finally wrapping up around 4am.

I didn't mind chapter 13 much. It is a little over long and the devices they use to stretch it out are embarrassing, but once you get the sword its clean sailing. The dude at the end was the hardest fight in the game for me so far.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ Like maybe 90 minutes?

Crabtree posted:

Dumb ascension question, does it matter when I unlock the boost health/strength/etc stuff in stats? Like do I need to wait until I grind a lot before hitting that up or will it retroactively shoot up depending on how many levels I have?

No, it's retroactive.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Crabtree posted:

It's retroactive so get it whenever you feel like you need it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

RatHat posted:

^^^ Like maybe 90 minutes?

No, it's retroactive.

Good, Promto's health is poo poo and he needs some thicker numbers stat.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Monster in the back cannot believe how sick this poo poo is.

Zr388
Jan 15, 2011

It's like taking your dog fishing with you. If it jumps in the water it'll scare all the fish away, so you have to drop a rockslide on him.

Million Ghosts posted:

Sorry if this has been covered a billion times but this thread is huge.

My fiance has hit a pretty game breaking glitch, where randomly during battles when someone either dies or uses a team skill the game instantly kicks into an inifinte loading screen. Googling hasn't been super helpful and the solutions don't really seem to work. Anyone here dealt with this?

e: Forgot to say it's on PS4

Hard drive maybe? I had this issue before swapping out my PS4 hard drive. Transfer your data to a USB or something, uninstall all game data and reinstall. Best I can recommend.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
So after 5 full rounds of JM5 I finally got four +700 HP bangles and one failed attempt got me the 60 STR accessory.

Suddenly my party can take on Iron Giants no problem at lvl 1.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

SectumSempra posted:

this sounds dumb but where the gently caress are these holiday dlc items.

I have the carnival tickets in my inventory but don't have the accessories.

just gonna slap this here again.

i don't have the frames either.

I'll try and redownload them i guess.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Trust me you will long for the days of the train once you are off.

I pretend all parts of the game after altissia didn't happen.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
What's the % damage reduction per point of vitality/spirit?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I bear the game a few days ago. I really enjoyed it! The plot could have been fleshed out at parts, and you can tell where there wanted to do something more expansive (negotiation scene).

My question : why are we gathering the summons? I'm sure it was said in passing, but it didn't register for me.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Does this game make a habit of occasionally loving you over in combat?

I was heading to the first campsite in chapter 3 when a dropship appeared. I figured why not and wetn to kill them. They're a few levels higher than me so it took a bit out of me, but this fight then triggered some local wildlife to attack me (it was so chaotic i couldn't tell if they were attacking the enemy soldiers as well). As soon as i got this clusterfuck under control though, another dropship appeared with more rucking soldiers and i basically had to run away at that point.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shadow225 posted:

I bear the game a few days ago. I really enjoyed it! The plot could have been fleshed out at parts, and you can tell where there wanted to do something more expansive (negotiation scene).

My question : why are we gathering the summons? I'm sure it was said in passing, but it didn't register for me.
You're marshaling as much magical force as you can muster to kick the Empire in its MT rear end/combat the Starscourge

Kin posted:

Does this game make a habit of occasionally loving you over in combat?

I was heading to the first campsite in chapter 3 when a dropship appeared. I figured why not and wetn to kill them. They're a few levels higher than me so it took a bit out of me, but this fight then triggered some local wildlife to attack me (it was so chaotic i couldn't tell if they were attacking the enemy soldiers as well). As soon as i got this clusterfuck under control though, another dropship appeared with more rucking soldiers and had to run away at that point.

Yeah basically. I went looking for dog tags, fought a mob to clear the area, a dropship came down, still couldn't find thrown, 1st which point it got dark, so an iron giant spawned, then troopers, then the original mob respawned, then a red giant, more Mrs, and another mob instance, and then I waited to morning and looked up the tags on youtube

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I'm like 12 hours in and just got to Lestallum, am I crazy or is this the best Final Fantasy since the PS2? An open world, actual towns to explore, combat that feels like more than just holding down one button to progress the fmvfight. When did Final Fantasy become Final Fantasy again?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

bango skank posted:

So I'm like 12 hours in and just got to Lestallum, am I crazy or is this the best Final Fantasy since the PS2? An open world, actual towns to explore, combat that feels like more than just holding down one button to progress the fmvfight. When did Final Fantasy become Final Fantasy again?

12 hours huh? Your opinion might change once you get more familiar with the game.

That said, I do like the game because it really does give you the freedom to do whatever and the combat is solid good fun

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bango skank posted:

To be fair everything you described is in the last Final Fantasy they released.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair everything you described is in the last Final Fantasy they released.

Which

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Probably Lightning Returns.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Probably Lightning Returns.

Lightning Returns pretty much is proto-FFXV. But with a more fleshed-out story :v:

And more towns to explore.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Are the FFXIII sequels worth it? I traded the original in as soon as I finished it.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Baron Corbyn posted:

Are the FFXIII sequels worth it? I traded the original in as soon as I finished it.

Lightning returns owns

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Baron Corbyn posted:

The first areas of FFXIII-2 were far too anime and twee for me to continue playing the game and after stuff like Xenoblade Chronicles (and now FF15), i'm not sure that the simplified turn based but action sequence camera angle'd fighting is really that much fun to play anymore.

I didn't even bother with XIII-3 because of it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Baron Corbyn posted:

FFXIII-2 is worth it for the "screw you" ending. Lightning Returns is awesome if you don't mind a little jank.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

XIII-2 isn't really worth it unless you're into collecting monsters and making them wear hats but WoFF is the better FF-monster-collecting game.

LR is weird and a bit janky but easily the best game of the three. I'd actually say it does a better job than FFXV in a lot of gameplay areas despite its many flaws.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Lightning Returns is baaddd.

I don't know. When I played FFXIII it still felt like a stripped down, more streamlined version of FFX with coherent direction and style.

Lightning Returns is just mess of ideas and the NPCs weird me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Lightning Returns is just mess of ideas and the NPCs weird me out.

See, just like FFXV!

• Locked thread