Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I actually found that ignoring the screen prompt and trusting the rumble was the key to my increase in fishing skill. Using the weather to my advantage and watching the fish's movements if lighting allowed helped me a lot too, especially with the big fish whom are seen more easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also...Just got to chapter 13 and played through most of it. I don't hate it and I've been trying to think of why some other people do without just saying aids or retard about them. I'll add that to my thoughts post when I finish up the game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also...Just got to chapter 13 and played through most of it. I don't hate it and I've been trying to think of why some other people do without just saying aids or retard about them. I'll add that to my thoughts post when I finish up the game.

It's the imp zone baby. Don't be afraid of saying aids or retard of people.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I maxed the fishing skill, caught all the legendaries, and have some hot tips that really helped me get a handle on the fishing mechanics that should probably be explained better in the game.
  1. Don't hold down R2 to reel in. Tap it instead. This will save an incredible amount of durability, and I daresay is a necessary tactic for catching legendaries.
  2. Ignore the rumble. -- Instead, pay attention to the screen prompt. If the line icon shows up saying Line Stress or w/e, THAT's when you stop reeling.

Ignoring the rumble is scary at first, but from my experience it doesn't actually mean anything. You only lose durability when the tension prompt is on screen. I caught Liege of the Lake with 800 durability leftover using this tactic.

These both help a lot, the first tip especially... tyvm.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

It's the imp zone baby. Don't be afraid of saying aids or retard of people.

I can easily say that, I'd just rather think about why.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I fell asleep irl during a car ride and woke up before the ride was finished, this game is amazing

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also idk how this game does it but its like nothing ive ever played before even though its made up of a bunch of things you see in a ton of games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

These both help a lot, the first tip especially... tyvm.

Almost forgot: The best fishing equipment is found in the monster arena (prize) and fishing guys quest line, so do those first before going for maxx.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
congratulations

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
how did you enjoy mashing warp strike for two in game days against adamantoise

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol it wasn't that long, it was about 30 mins IRL. But I also started purposefully building Noct towards the adamantoise fight hours ago. (+MP, Warp Strike boosts, etc). I'm not even max level either, Noct is 95 and other guys are 88

The high level hunts took waaay longer and those guys were insanely hard to beat. I used a million times more potions against them. For reference, the lvl cap is 99 but there's 2 hunts vs lvl110 & 120 monster. That was sick.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

For reference, the lvl cap is 99 but there's 2 hunts vs lvl110 & 120 monster.

thats cool

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I replayed FF6 on my phone when I was on the countryside with family and I really miss non-fighting games that let you use FG inputs like Sabin's blitzes. Well I guess there's Kirby.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Watching Drew playing FF6 on a gb micro made me want to do the same, but I own none of those things so I can't.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Tried to show two friends the game over the weekend, and I happened to be in the middle of hunts against lovely flying groups in those lovely bush-y areas that mess with the camera. It was like all the bad stuff about the game's fighting front and center and I found myself apologizing to them as I struggled like an idiot to beat the stupid hunts. I love this game a lot and I wound up representing it poorly to the two people most likely to snag it. Felt bad.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Tried to show two friends the game over the weekend, and I happened to be in the middle of hunts against lovely flying groups in those lovely bush-y areas that mess with the camera. It was like all the bad stuff about the game's fighting front and center and I found myself apologizing to them as I struggled like an idiot to beat the stupid hunts. I love this game a lot and I wound up representing it poorly to the two people most likely to snag it. Felt bad.

you hosed up and your only two friends hate you now. hope 2017 is better for you, gamer :cheers:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Captain gently caress Face posted:

you hosed up and your only two friends hate you now. hope 2017 is better for you, gamer :cheers:

i believe he still has 4 friends

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

elf help book posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Also idk how this game does it but its like nothing ive ever played before even though its made up of a bunch of things you see in a ton of games

Agreed 100%. it's very special

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

This is a pretty good description of how I feel about the game. It's awesome

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Almost forgot: The best fishing equipment is found in the monster arena (prize) and fishing guys quest line, so do those first before going for maxx.

I didn't know about the good reel until after I'd beaten the fishing...I don't think it's needed. I played fishing a ton though. I'm excited to do a big fishing tour victory lap after I've done everything else. Aside from the liege and the devil, are there any other special fish?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Extreme end of game spoilers: that decision before the final room is so hard haha. I have no idea what to choose.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Plat get

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just beat it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Just beat it.

Lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Poking around online to see what the post game has in store...Seems like all the best gear is super overkill...I hope they release some new hard content to make it worthwhile because I wanna delve...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also...I discovered that all the weapons you have on Noctis give him stat boosts :staredog:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Just beat it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

There's a lady in the encampment by the mountain who will give you the dungeon quests after you've beaten the game.

Costlemark, which I have not run yet, simply opens after dark.

Oh that's weird I got into most of them chapter 8 thanks to Dino quests

didn't beat costlemark but really glad I looked it up and it's actually supposed to be impossibly hard if you're not endgame ready. I got way further than I expected

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Magic is no joke in this...I made some crazy quad cast blizzaga ages ago and then I came across a boss mob of 3 red giants and a snake thing which I was barely chipping way at. Three casts and everything was dead. Kind of cool to discover this in the post game maybe

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Magic is no joke in this...I made some crazy quad cast blizzaga ages ago and then I came across a boss mob of 3 red giants and a snake thing which I was barely chipping way at. Three casts and everything was dead. Kind of cool to discover this in the post game maybe

I mostly use magic just for really hard boss fights or the loving killer bees. You can make some wild spells, like one that casts five kinds of magicka three times while holding an enemy in its AoE for one charge of the spell

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The monster arena loving owns its pretty easy to figure out, ive been drinking the beer and watching the beast battles and making mad medals

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

They should make a whole game out of the arena, raising teams for battle out of all final fantasy monsters and going to different arenas, and also just betting on random fights

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I was fighting old deadeye when the aim on my magic went nuts and I blew everybody up. Sorry guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012