Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Didn't immeadiately realize that the Leia leads that popped on my shard today were a tribute to Carrie Fisher, I thought CG ninja patched her some new OP zeta rebel leader ability :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

When I get some eighty shard motherfucker will he start one star

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Dr. Venture posted:

The last person to fight left the top cannon with too much turn meter. You can either wait for someone else to eat the bullet, or bring in a team with Old Ben and keep resetting until it targets him.

Ah... that would be me. I'll let another guildie eat it then. Ahem. They're selfish anyway, the max levels never let anyone else get any gear so it's dog eat dog lol.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Cactus posted:

Ah... that would be me. I'll let another guildie eat it then. Ahem. They're selfish anyway, the max levels never let anyone else get any gear so it's dog eat dog lol.

All the turn meter is saved per person, so it will always be full TM for you until you run another team and don't retreat or you get to a new phase.

ZenVulgarity posted:

When I get some eighty shard motherfucker will he start one star

Nope. It always takes the same total number of shards to 7* someone (330), the starting number just tells you what star level they will start at. 80 = starting at 4*.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

two_step posted:

All the turn meter is saved per person, so it will always be full TM for you until you run another team and don't retreat or you get to a new phase.

Nope. It always takes the same total number of shards to 7* someone (330), the starting number just tells you what star level they will start at. 80 = starting at 4*.

Oh thank gently caress

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
Are there any heroes I should be looking out for in guild shipments? I activated Dengar so I would have enough scoundrels but not sure if I should stick with him or start working on somebody else.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Oh ok so I'll sacrifice a poo poo team

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

X_ThePerfect posted:

Are there any heroes I should be looking out for in guild shipments? I activated Dengar so I would have enough scoundrels but not sure if I should stick with him or start working on somebody else.

You'll need Jawa Engineer at 5* to get crit dmg up mods. Also there's Ewok Elder. I originally spent points on Rey, but she's not as needed now.

Aadoniel fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 28, 2016

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Is there a priority list for Light/Dark side mission characters? I feel like I've gotten most of the important ones from there to 7* (or am getting close now) and wondering who I should aim for next.

I know Jedi Knight Anakin is pretty strong, I've got FO Storm and Pilot to around 3-4* each I dunno how important for mod farming a FO team is.

Lately I've just been feeling like every character I've been needing to farm for arena or events has been arena shipments or cantina (or impossible to farm as a f2p player) Kinda wondering if there still is stuff I should be trying to get from Hard mode Missions or if I should be spending my energy there on farming equipment upgrades.

here's my profile if you wanna look at how garbage my teams are: https://swgoh.gg/u/pyronicex/collection/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

X_ThePerfect posted:

Sun Fac, Rex, Ewok Elder, Jawa Engineer

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pyronic posted:

Is there a priority list for Light/Dark side mission characters? I feel like I've gotten most of the important ones from there to 7* (or am getting close now) and wondering who I should aim for next.

I know Jedi Knight Anakin is pretty strong, I've got FO Storm and Pilot to around 3-4* each I dunno how important for mod farming a FO team is.

Lately I've just been feeling like every character I've been needing to farm for arena or events has been arena shipments or cantina (or impossible to farm as a f2p player) Kinda wondering if there still is stuff I should be trying to get from Hard mode Missions or if I should be spending my energy there on farming equipment upgrades.

here's my profile if you wanna look at how garbage my teams are: https://swgoh.gg/u/pyronicex/collection/

You should be farming gear.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

X_ThePerfect posted:

Don't bother with Dengar, he is crappy. As mentioned, Sun Fac would be my #1 choice, probably followed by Ewok Elder, Rex and then JE. I'm currently working hard on a clone team, so I am grabbing all the Cody shards I can get, if you want to do this you would also need Echo and Rex from there.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Oh thank gently caress

Pro-tip: if you're not ready to gear someone up right away, don't activate them. If you pull a full character from a bronzium card and you haven't activated them, you get the full introductory amount of shards. That's a lot better than the 7 or whatever it gives you if they're unlocked.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

X_ThePerfect posted:

two_step posted:

Don't bother with Dengar, he is crappy. As mentioned, Sun Fac would be my #1 choice, probably followed by Ewok Elder, Rex and then JE. I'm currently working hard on a clone team, so I am grabbing all the Cody shards I can get, if you want to do this you would also need Echo and Rex from there.

I'd probably go for Rex over EE, but otherwise what two step said. Rex is pretty much amazing at both raids and PVP right now...if you have enough guild credit I'd focus on SF and Rex, and if not, probably prioritize SF.

Pyronic posted:

Gear is really, really important. FOTP is worth gearing/leveling/starring because he's one of the best pilots for ship stuff (and you can only get him from hard missions). I would do no more than 4 hard nodes per day...less if you're running them at 20 energy per. I've finally got myself down to just the two ship ones -- FOST was the last hero I was working on (offense set has its uses). Oh, and if you don't have a Resistance team together, you should work on Resistance Trooper or Finn because the speed set is one of the best.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

Gear is really, really important. FOTP is worth gearing/leveling/starring because he's one of the best pilots for ship stuff (and you can only get him from hard missions). I would do no more than 4 hard nodes per day...less if you're running them at 20 energy per. I've finally got myself down to just the two ship ones -- FOST was the last hero I was working on (offense set has its uses). Oh, and if you don't have a Resistance team together, you should work on Resistance Trooper or Finn because the speed set is one of the best.

I asked this in guild chat the other day, but then I fell asleep so I wasn't around to see the answer: do you need to get Finn in order to 3* the final speed mod challenge? If I can get by without acquiring him, that'd be swell. I have all the other resistance goobers.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Spakstik posted:

I asked this in guild chat the other day, but then I fell asleep so I wasn't around to see the answer: do you need to get Finn in order to 3* the final speed mod challenge? If I can get by without acquiring him, that'd be swell. I have all the other resistance goobers.

You need 5 4* heroes. Unfortunately, there are only 5 Resistance heroes, so it's either get Finn or wait a year for EP 8.

Plus side, he's in Cantina and you only need 80 shards.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

You need 5 4* heroes. Unfortunately, there are only 5 Resistance heroes, so it's either get Finn or wait a year for EP 8.

Whoops. It's been a while since I've done any of the mod challenges, so I thought you only needed to meet the minimum of three characters.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

What priority order would people recommend going for being able to farm the mod categories in?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Malgrin posted:

Isn't Finn also supposed ro be the person in January for shards for daily log in?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

waah posted:

Isn't Finn also supposed ro be the person in January for shards for daily log in?

Yes, though I'm not sure if there's been a case of them giving out 80 shards over the course of a month.

IGD will have enough raid currency to launch another tank this evening. I'd like to run it the same as the last raid, except damage on P2 will start at 8 pm instead of 8 am. P1 damage will start immediately. We'll also have a rancor kick off tomorrow morning.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

Yes, though I'm not sure if there's been a case of them giving out 80 shards over the course of a month.

IGD will have enough raid currency to launch another tank this evening. I'd like to run it the same as the last raid, except damage on P2 will start at 8 pm instead of 8 am. P1 damage will start immediately. We'll also have a rancor kick off tomorrow morning.

So wait a full day? Or right away

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

So wait a full day? Or right away

You can attack p1 as soon as the raid opens, which I'll try to launch right after guild rollover. You can also attack p1 with as many teams as you like. Once p1 is cleared, p2 is on hold until 8pm pacific tomorrow. I know this seems like a long wait, but p2 is effectively the actual start of the raid because p1 sucks so much, and p2 damage started in the morning last time.

Edit: also everyone is limited to one attack in each of p2, 3, and 4.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 28, 2016

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Any Goon guilds have room? Ally code is 544-742-193.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Davethulhu posted:

You can attack p1 as soon as the raid opens, which I'll try to launch right after guild rollover. You can also attack p1 with as many teams as you like. Once p1 is cleared, p2 is on hold until 8pm pacific tomorrow. I know this seems like a long wait, but p2 is effectively the actual start of the raid because p1 sucks so much, and p2 damage started in the morning last time.

Edit: also everyone is limited to one attack in each of p2, 3, and 4.

Something else for IGD, is switching to 0 damage once you 7* Han a guideline or a rule? Just there's a few people who placed in the top 10 last rancor raid who I saw had 7* Han.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Cactus posted:

What priority order would people recommend going for being able to farm the mod categories in?

Well, health is the easy one, and is decent for a while. After that, my list would be:
Crit damage - you need 4 of these per character, so should start farming them sooner rather than later
Crit chance - I go crit chance/dmg on most of my characters
Potency - Useful for raid guys, and some uses in arena
Speed - pain to get the dudes for this, but lots of people like them
Offense - Mal is a fan, I haven't bothered
Defense - In theory they are better on some tanks, I just sue health though
Tenacity - Only useful for the Jedi AAT P1 thing, otherwise you can certainly skip this one

Edit:

rocket_Magnet posted:

Something else for IGD, is switching to 0 damage once you 7* Han a guideline or a rule? Just there's a few people who placed in the top 10 last rancor raid who I saw had 7* Han.

I think it should be a rule. I know the credits and gear are nice, but lets try to get everyone done with Han then we can all go ham on it or whatever.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dead on Arrival posted:

Any Goon guilds have room? Ally code is 544-742-193.

Prepare to he spammed with ally requests!!

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

waah posted:

Prepare to he spammed with ally requests!!

Half my list is in IGD already. Heh. Need to purge some dead weight...

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rocket_Magnet posted:

I don't think it's a rule at this point but finishing top 3 with a 7* han is kind of a dick move.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

two_step posted:

Well, health is the easy one, and is decent for a while. After that, my list would be:
Crit damage - you need 4 of these per character, so should start farming them sooner rather than later
Crit chance - I go crit chance/dmg on most of my characters
Potency - Useful for raid guys, and some uses in arena
Speed - pain to get the dudes for this, but lots of people like them
Offense - Mal is a fan, I haven't bothered
Defense - In theory they are better on some tanks, I just sue health though
Tenacity - Only useful for the Jedi AAT P1 thing, otherwise you can certainly skip this one

Edit:

I think it should be a rule. I know the credits and gear are nice, but lets try to get everyone done with Han then we can all go ham on it or whatever.

I'll focus on the Jawas next then. The only one I haven't unlocked yet is Nebit.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

I don't think it's a rule at this point but finishing top 3 with a 7* han is kind of a dick move.

I've been one of those dicks. I wasn't good at Rancor until recently and I found it's actually kind of fun when you have a phase 1 team. I'll pull back, my apologies.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Finally got my 7* Solo after months of raiding and my half baked Empire team can get to the last GW Node easily enough before my Rebels finish it. Guess I'm done with this game now

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

I've been one of those dicks. I wasn't good at Rancor until recently and I found it's actually kind of fun when you have a phase 1 team. I'll pull back, my apologies.

Now I feel bad. Maybe dial it back to top 20 or so. Same with other raid han owners. I'm finishing at the top of the tank raid, so I'm gonna continue to do zero damage to rancor.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Do people not read this thread and also ignore chat in the game? Please don't attack the tank until 8pm pacific tomorrow. How hard can this be?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Do people not read this thread and also ignore chat in the game? Please don't attack the tank until 8pm pacific tomorrow. How hard can this be?

I don't think everybody does, no. But with enough poking, everybody should get it. (Why can't guild's have a MotD mechanic?)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Whelp I think 80 is as high as I'll go in arena

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Davethulhu posted:

Do people not read

You could have finished there.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I got sick of my pubbie guild so I made my own. So far it's just me and a couple of people I know irl. It's open for pubbies to join also, for now, since it's brand new. It's called The Rocinante.

It's for active players but I'm not treating it like a WoW raiding guild with strict times and amounts of damage people are allowed to do in raids etc, so if that's what you're after probably one of these goon guilds would be more your thing. I mean if top lvl players are hogging all the first places we might ask nicely if you can dial it back and let some of the upcoming ones have the top three slots, but whatever, I'm only 81 myself so I'm figuring it out as I go along.

If however you just want a laid back guild to talk poo poo with as you play this toilet game and help each other out with gear donations and figuring out the raids together then quote me with your ally code and I'll invite you. All are welcome from lvl 10 upwards, no experience required. My in-game name is Cactusfly.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Could we do 10pm pacific start time maybe? This would mean 6am GMT for UK/Euro rather than 4am so we don't get completely screwed out of one of the raids.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

KingOfTheTramps posted:

Could we do 10pm pacific start time maybe? This would mean 6am GMT for UK/Euro rather than 4am so we don't get completely screwed out of one of the raids.

Would be nice if we could find a better middleground. As mentioned in guild chat, we currently have a 4AM start and then a 4Am damage time which can make it quite hard to get decent damage on something.

It's not a -huge- issue, I suppose. I'm personally happy if I can get a 0 damage up and maybe a tiny bit in at the end (Although I'd prefer to contribute more). And if Eurogoons are simply in the minority, then tough luck for us.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Whelp I think 80 is as high as I'll go in arena

Get your STH as highly geared as humanly possible. He will be a beast for you.

QGJ is also very powerful at lower levels, because his dispell just takes your opponents tank right out of it.

all things being equal, being in the top 200 is the first truly important milestone, since it allows you 2 arena purchases/day paired with the daily rewards.