Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at least the private match daily can be done in about a minute by going into a sv stream and posting your room #. someone will usually help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Awesome! posted:

at least the private match daily can be done in about a minute by going into a sv stream and posting your room #. someone will usually help.
Yeah I ended up playing railgun on stream (he used the default forest deck). Still a bit of a nuisance in general but fun that time.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
If you can navigate the japanese I also had good luck with the feature on Shadowlog that lets you post when you're looking for a match

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

Eh, just install an emulator on your computer and challenge yourself.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

So we are getting 10 free expansion packs and ~1100 gold for new years, pretty sick

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Apparently expansion comes out tonight at like 10 o'clock EST or something.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When are the premade decks coming out?

Sorta thinking about buying the Shadowcraft one.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Indecisive posted:

So we are getting 10 free expansion packs and ~1100 gold for new years, pretty sick

Is this gonna be a limited time thing or its gonna stay in the crate forever? Im away for my PC these days and its gonna feel bad missing out on free stuff

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

When are the premade decks coming out?

Sorta thinking about buying the Shadowcraft one.
They're all ridiculously good deals... assuming you have most of the legendaries you want you only need to get one legendary (or even two golds) that you'd otherwise craft out of a 500 crystal precon to make it a better deal than the daily deal even if you vial the rest of the deck

Definitely doing blood, likely doing rune, probably doing sword and forest, we'll see if I'll really do shadow just for two golds but I think my math checks out

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

frajaq posted:

Is this gonna be a limited time thing or its gonna stay in the crate forever? Im away for my PC these days and its gonna feel bad missing out on free stuff

https://steam.shadowverse.com/news?announce_id=156

quote:

Ring in the new year with Shadowverse! To celebrate the coming of 2017, we're giving out rupies once a day between noon, Dec 30—noon, Jan 3, 2017 (PT).

The bonuses are as follows:

1st day: 500 rupies
2nd day: 200 rupies
3rd day: 200 rupies
4th day: 200 rupies

Everyone who finishes the tutorial and plays the game before noon, Jan 3 (PT) can pick up the rupies from their crate.

Thank you for helping us to make Shadowverse the best game it can be. We look forward to creating an even better gaming experience with you in 2017!

Shadowverse Team

Sounds like just play before Jan 3rd noon and get the rupies?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

No Wave posted:

They're all ridiculously good deals... assuming you have most of the legendaries you want you only need to get one legendary (or even two golds) that you'd otherwise craft out of a 500 crystal precon to make it a better deal than the daily deal even if you vial the rest of the deck

Definitely doing blood, likely doing rune, probably doing sword and forest, we'll see if I'll really do shadow just for two golds but I think my math checks out

I'm thinking of buying 2, and I bought the Christmas Special Crystals for that purpose, and once the decks hit I'll buy the rest of the 900 crystals I need. I don't know if I wanna spend money buying a third deck though.

Can't you only buy 3 decks?

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/shadowverse-prebuilt-decks

quote:

Prebuilt decks are recommended for beginners or players who don't have access to a variety of cards. Decks currently contain cards from and up to the expansion pack "Darkness Evolved".

Release Date: December, 29th

Prices. (Each player can purchase up to 3 times)

First purchase
500 - Crystals
Second purchase
750 - Crystals
Up to Third purchase
750 - Crystals
Total of 2000 Crystals for 3 purchases

EDIT: OH wait that also lists the release date, silly me.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hate-Senpai posted:

https://steam.shadowverse.com/news?announce_id=156

Sounds like just play before Jan 3rd noon and get the rupies?

Whew, gonna be back exactly Jan 2nd. Good enough for me

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'm thinking of buying 2, and I bought the Christmas Special Crystals for that purpose, and once the decks hit I'll buy the rest of the 900 crystals I need. I don't know if I wanna spend money buying a third deck though.

Can't you only buy 3 decks?

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/shadowverse-prebuilt-decks

EDIT: OH wait that also lists the release date, silly me.
It'll likely be released tonight post-maintenance, cygames has been a little clumsy w/r/t dates because it's already tomorroe in Japan

I thought that you could buy each class's deck up to three times and that that was what the prices matched up to but I'm possibly wrong.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That... makes a lot more sense than the way I construed it.

Your interpretation is probably right.

Silly me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

That... makes a lot more sense than the way I construed it.

Your interpretation is probably right.

Silly me.
idk the way they phrased it in that post makes your interpretation sound correct. We'll find out soon i guess

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Indecisive posted:

I am continually surprised and pleased at their generosity. Definitely going to float some money their way for a starter deck or two, just need to figure out which ones. I have really been enjoying my janky Dragon, Forest and Rune decks but haven't really put much time into Shadow or Blood yet. I already have a Moon Al'miraj so probably don't need to buy the Haven.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Forest, Shadow, and Sword are all insane value (blood's bad in general so it's harder to recommend even tho the precon has all the right cards)

I'd really recommend the forest deck because every single deck runs both of those legendaries and it's the strongest class IMO but sword is basically tied

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, recommending a deck based on which is the strongest class is kind of silly right now.

Instead, just go for the better waifus

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

No Wave posted:

(blood's bad in general so it's harder to recommend even tho the precon has all the right cards)
i think control blood is going to be good in this expansion. its already not bad.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm going to make the outrageous speculation that ancient elf, crystalia tia, and rhinoroach will continue to be three of the best cards in the game and that forestcraft will still be good

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 28, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

from the looks of things i will be making exactly one change to my tempo deck. changing the water fairies for the new cats that get +1/+1 if you play 2 cards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lily might be worth considering over DOD... that's all that comes to mind for me

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

They posted a State of Balance thing explaining the justification for no nerfs and buffs: https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0051

For the most part I like it but it sounds like their data is splitting the wrong hairs in some instances. They say no deck is seeing significantly more play than others but it might be better to also compare crafts. An individual Forest or Sword deck might not be an insane portion of the meta but I promise I'm seeing infinitely more Ancient Elves and Floral Fencers than I am Spartoi Soldiers. Acting like things are fine because The Only Shadow Deck sees roughly similar amounts of play as one of several effective sword or forest decks seems really shortsighted to me.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat! I got a homecoming from a free pack yesterday and I forgot to disenchant it.

Nooooooo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

are they finally making it give normal vial value again?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

They posted a State of Balance thing explaining the justification for no nerfs and buffs: https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0051

For the most part I like it but it sounds like their data is splitting the wrong hairs in some instances. They say no deck is seeing significantly more play than others but it might be better to also compare crafts. An individual Forest or Sword deck might not be an insane portion of the meta but I promise I'm seeing infinitely more Ancient Elves and Floral Fencers than I am Spartoi Soldiers. Acting like things are fine because The Only Shadow Deck sees roughly similar amounts of play as one of several effective sword or forest decks seems really shortsighted to me.
It's not really a travesty that three of the classes are a little stronger and two are a little weaker, and that's the sort of thing expansions should address. Every class is very playable and none is even close to unbeatable.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I don't think it's the end of the world, but it should be on their radar, particularly for a discussion of balance.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It is on their radar, but apparently they plan to address it with new cards rather than by nerfing old cards. If, I dunno, the Nephthys deck somehow takes off then the Shadowcraft problem you mention would be solved. In that sense they'd want to wait and see how things shake out with all the new cards before making any changes.

Personally I would have liked to see them nerf Haven and Sword's anti-aggro tools a bit though. I feel like they're both just a bit too comfortable for the gameplans they're running.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

Forest, Shadow, and Sword are all insane value (blood's bad in general so it's harder to recommend even tho the precon has all the right cards)

I'd really recommend the forest deck because every single deck runs both of those legendaries and it's the strongest class IMO but sword is basically tied

Yeah, I'll wait a week and see how the expansion shakes things up but I am leaning towards getting a forest (don't have elf/tia/roaches) and probably a shadow (second Cerberus, second Mordecai, etc).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

It is on their radar, but apparently they plan to address it with new cards rather than by nerfing old cards. If, I dunno, the Nephthys deck somehow takes off then the Shadowcraft problem you mention would be solved. In that sense they'd want to wait and see how things shake out with all the new cards before making any changes.

Personally I would have liked to see them nerf Haven and Sword's anti-aggro tools a bit though. I feel like they're both just a bit too comfortable for the gameplans they're running.

It's just extremely loving dumb to nerf stuff when you don't have a good idea of what the new meta is going to be. Give it a month.

In the meantime I am going to destroy all of you with discard dragon. No forte? No problem. You all dead, dead!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

Neither class is currently oppressive but if you were to nerf cards it would be beastcall and otohime. There isnt really counterplay for cards that are just wildly above the curve.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nerf that bard dude that goes "Faiiiirriiiiesssss!" and by nerf I mean make him mandatory in all decks, he cracks me up.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

trucutru posted:

Nerf that bard dude that goes "Faiiiirriiiiesssss!" and by nerf I mean make him mandatory in all decks, he cracks me up.

I loving love that line.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

No Wave posted:

Neither class is currently oppressive but if you were to nerf cards it would be beastcall and otohime. There isnt really counterplay for cards that are just wildly above the curve.

They're both relatively slow cards though, so I wouldn't really mind them if it were easier to punish the decks for relying on them. The problem with Aria for example is that there is no risk whatsoever for Haven to waste their turn 2 on a payoff 4 turns later.

trucutru posted:

In the meantime I am going to destroy all of you with discard dragon. No forte? No problem. You all dead, dead!

Pretty sure Forte will still be a good inclusion in the new discard dragon. Probably way better than Imperial Dragoon as a finisher.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 29, 2016

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If 7 face damage for 6 mana and one evolve point ever becomes irrelevant for Dragon we will have achieved true powercreep.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

downtime got extended by an hour. should end at 7 pt now

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Awesome! posted:

downtime got extended by an hour. should end at 7 pt now
It was extended by two hours, 7PT is correct though (that's 10 PM EST)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

SERVER'S UP, 5 more free packs for delay!!

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
If anyone is interested, I am streaming Shadowverse now

https://www.twitch.tv/golden_battler

Come hang out if you wanna see me opening like 50 packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But you cannot play ranked.

You guys are safe... For now.

• Locked thread